Status: Active

Sixteen

Chapter One: Leisure and Independency

ImageImageImageImageImage
No one understands me. Not even my friends. Sure, they love me but I'm a freak. Gladly, they learn to accept that though. Most of my friends like to spend their fridays together, having fun. Whether that means movie night, parties or just hanging out. I on the other-hand, enjoy watching silent films, listening to soundtracks; Aerosmith and buying vintage clothes. I cannot stand that 'pop' music genre or the new age. My life lies in the past that I didn't exist in. Anyways, on those fridays when all my friends invite me to hang out. I refrain, once in awhile I'll come but that's rarely. It's beyond me as to why they still invite me after the countless times I've rejected them though...

I attend a preparatory, insane school that goes by the name of 'Modern Celestial Preparatory Academy of the Arts.' Long, I know right? Some crazy old man who was obsessed with the stars named it. He wanted astronomical students and artsy students. Well he, my grandfather got them. I was at the school for astronomy. As it runs in our family to become astronomers. Well, I for one was glad I was blessed with the ability of knowledge towards the beautiful sky.

My school is typical, it has the A-listers whom we call The Mirage. Why do we call them that? Well, because they really are a mirage. You can't get into the group without excelling in something excellent. They didn't know this name for them existed but, it did. The group had like 20 people or something. Freshman – seniors. Then there were some people in the middle and then me. My friends were all in the middle but since I clearly have no social life I floated at the bottom.

I myself am a sophomore. My birthday being two months ago, It's October. I also don't believe in love. No one survives it. My parents are divorced, my grandparents were divorced, my great grandparents... and so on. Unless for some reason they all married the wrong people, I don't see how this thing exists.

[&&&]


I sighed tugging on my knee length floral skirt trying to make myself look decent. I re-tucked in my white blouse and organized my pile of necklaces. My hair was slung in a low pony, swaying against my hips. I pursed my lips unsatisfied by my appearance and bounced down the stairs.

“Morning mama, what's for breakfast?” I asked

“Good morning darling. I made you some french toast and a fruit salad.” My mother replied giving me a small smile.

I sat down humming to myself whilst piling syrup on my french toast. I dumped powered sugar on top my concoction and stuffed my face.

“Now honey, your hair is a mess! Let me braid it for you!” Mom said while untying my pony tail and racking her fingers through my head of black hair.

“Okay, go ahead. That would look better anyways.” I responded half choking on my fruit. My mom began her french braid. I knew it would look beautiful after, my mom was always good at braiding.

I finished breakfast roughly around the time that my mother finished the braid. I stood up to look at it in the mirror and softly smiled to myself. The braid cascaded down my slender back stopping short of my wide hips. The braid illuminated by light brown skin and brought more color to my dark green eyes. I rushed back up the stairs yelling a thank you to my mom as I grabbed my school bag. The time read 7:40. I had to be at school within fifteen minutes, no rush. I lived a block away.

I walked into my bathroom, spraying some Victoria's Secret body spray before leaving the premises. I skipped down my stairs and kissed my mother on the cheek before rushing out the door. I threw my backpack in the back of my car before throwing myself in also. I started my old Toyota truck and pulled out of my garage, the driveway and then my street.

It took about 5 minutes to get to school and when I arrived I discretely parked In the back of the lot. The front was all open but, the 'Mirage' get's those spots. They literally have signs out there for them. It's quite sad to be honest. I turned the ignition off and hauled myself from my truck, grabbing my backpack in the process. Locking my car, I turned on my heel and began walking through the giant doors of my hell.

I was just about at my locker when someone ran into me. I went flying on the ground, luckily my skirt didn't fly up along with my dignity. I groaned and held my head before sitting up and looking around. Whoever had decided to push me down didn't have the sensitivity to help me up. I saw someone approach me and reach out their hand. I was surprised by the owner of that hand too, Logan Lerman.

“Hey are you okay?” He asked pulling me up with his firm and strong hand.

“No, not really. But it's just a headache it'll pass.” I answered nonchalantly.

“I really think you ought to visit the nurse...I'll help you get there.” Logan responded

“Thank you but no thank you Logan. I will survive.” My voice cracks a little at the end leading a scarlet blush to appear on my heart-shaped face. I began to walk away when his hand grabbed my strong arm. I whipped around to face him, a questioning look surfacing on my face.

“What's your name are you new?” He asked. Figured he wouldn't know me, no one does.

“I've been here longer than you and my name? Well it's not important.” I sternly answer before removing his hand from my arm and walking away, avoiding my locker. I got a weird vibe from this boy and I didn't like it. I wanted to stay as far away from Logan Lerman as I possibly could.

[&&&]


Really, Logan must be dumb or something. I had three classes with him and he never noticed my existence. That makes me feel great. I walked into the third period English class I had with him and averted my eyes from his as he stared me down.

I took my usual seat in the back and didn't expect him to get up and move towards me but, he did. Unpredictably and unusually. His little clan glared at me and gave him strange looks. I couldn't help but let out a small inaudible laugh.

“Is there something you need, Logan?” I asked, encouraging him to tell me what he wanted to tell me then leave me alone.

“Besides your name... Nope nothing!” He answered with a big cheesy adorable smile.

“If I tell you it, will you leave me alone?” I asked afraid of the answer.

“Well, I can't promise you anything but... You won't regret giving me your name!” Logan exaggerated leaning closer to me, smirking the smirk I had heard so many girls speak of.

I glared at him and sighed before speaking something I would probably regret. “My name is Persephone. Nice for you to meet me since I've met you before.” I response, looking down at my open notebook.

“Wait, we've met?” He asked, shock smacked upon his face.

“Yes Logan. We've done projects together... years ago, been in the same classes... were in student council together...” I responded slightly hurt by my non-existence in his mind. But, I couldn't really have expected to be remembered by him... No one remembers me.

“Oh shit! That Persephone? You look absolutely nothing like you did a few years back. I apologize for being so rude.” Logan responded with a sincere look scribbled upon his face.

“It's okay Logan. I'm used to being forgotten.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, I love this story and it's only just begun. I wrote this chapter relatively fast and I hope you enjoy it as much as me!

I plan to update this as frequently as Hoist the Colors.

Love you guys, have a nice evening!

xoxo,
Meggan