Status: Active

Sixteen

Chapter Two; Love, Hate Relationship

ImageImageImageImageImage
The day just got increasingly 'better' as the day went on. On a regular bases I only ever see Logan at lunch and the three classes I have with him. Even at those times I barley notice his existence unless he is doing something rather lackluster or stupid. Today was different though. He had popped up everywhere. Taking any chance to talk to me. Words could not describe the irritation I've been feeling today. The sad part is it was only the beginning of third hour and he had spoken to me countless times.

I walk into third period, Pre-Cal and take my seat next to my good friends Aurora. Aurora was stunning to be honest. She looked like a winter queen, literally. Like she just walked out of the north pole [in a good way of course]. I notice the empty desk next to me and inwardly groan. Aurora gives me a look before realizing why I made sound.

Logan took a seat right next to me and proceeded to say, “Hey Persephone, whats cookin'?”

“No.” I respond

“No.? Well, that doesn't answer my question very thoroughly now does it?” He casted back with a sarcastic grin covering his flawless face.

I stayed silent. Not caring what he was saying or why he was bothering me every second today. Eventually his staring got to me though.

“Okay, honestly. I can't even- ugh. Is there a particular reason your being so willfully irritating today? I never talk to you, why do you think you can start talking to me suddenly after ignoring my existence for 6 years?” I was started to get heated. He really didn't have the right to try to be my friend after his ignorance.

“I'm sorry!” He held his hands up in defense, “Just wanna be your frieeeend.” Logan drew out creepily, winking in my direction.

“Oh my God go away. Your so freaking annoying.” I spit at him glaring.

“Crabby, crabby, crabby. That won't do.” I think he was really trying to get on my nerves on purpose, show something to his friends. I was going to give him a show down that would make him hate this.

“Logan, get out. Do you not realize I do. Not. Like. You? Probably not. Your too dull to even notice the difference between a bird and a frog. I didn't ask for you to get in my life, so you can get the hell out and don't return. Kay? k. bye bye!” I raise my voice at him, giving him a icy cold stare.

Logan stands up wordlessly, clearly hurt before migrating over to his flock and laughing with them like nothing happened. I didn't hear from him for awhile.

[&&&]


It had been two weeks since that day I had last spoken to Logan. The day I blew him off and told him to leave me alone. I had been living life as usual, boring and lonely. I spent my nights doing hours upon hours of homework and reading. Really, I have no life.

Monday morning I woke up feeling refreshed and happy. I got up early and straightened my long black locks, taking up a half hour of my time. Then, I put on my high waisted skinny jeans and a tucked in white and red shirt, slipping on my red hightop converse.

I ate breakfast rather quickly ignoring the intense stares from my mother, assuming she had wondered what my deal was. Truth be told, I didn't know either. “Bye mom! I love you!” I call over my shoulder before skipping towards my car. I toss my junk in and plop down in my truck, turning the key and playing some old rock tunes. I tapped my fingers across the steering wheel as I drove towards the now nearing school I attend, unfortunately.

Once I pulled into my school I looked for the nearest parking spot, noticing it was by an insanely nice BMW. Not thinking about the owner I pull into the slot. Turning my car off and heaving myself out, grabbing my backpack in the process.

As soon as I turned around my eyes locked on a pair of beautiful blue ones. The owner being none other than Logan. Finding my strength I slowly pulled my eyes away from the enchanting glance and looked down on the ground, slowly trudging away from him.

“Persephone! Wait!” I hear his voice call. I whip around, my hair sprawling out all around me gracefully landing on my small shoulders, before coming face to face with Logan.

“Yes?” My voice perks up, sounding smaller than I would ever imagine possible.

“Look, I... I don't not want us to be friends. These past two weeks have been hard, not getting you off my mind... Shit! Not that way.. But, friends you know?” Logan tried to apply in the lightest way possible.

“I agree. I'm sorry I was so rude. But you have to admit it's a weird day when the most popular gut in school wants to befriend the most... un-popular.” I mumble.

“Listen to me.” Logan assertively states, placing his hand under my chin forcing my eyes to meet his. “I don't care what my social status is, it's irrelevant. I just know that I like you for you and want to be your friend. What anyone has to say about it means nothing to me. “

I was momentarily shocked, by the way his hand felt against my warm skin, the way his musical voice brought life to my ears. I didn't know what this feeling was but it was not good.

I took a step back before stating, “I'm glad you feel that way Logan, as do I. Those are the kindest words ever spoken to me.” I truthfully say motioning him to walk with me.

“So, how have the past few weeks been for you?” Logan asks.

“Hmm, completely and utterly boring, you?” I ask back.

“Busy actually.” he laughs, “With soccer ending and the tests the juniors [yes, he is a junior] are taking … It's a lot to take in.” He finishes scratching the back of his neck tiredly.

“I suppose your right, you look horribly tired. Why don't you take a day off and sleep?” I ponder, turning my head towards Logan questionably.

“Missing for those kind of reasons are pointless to me.” he rebuttals, shrugging his shoulders at me.

“Yeah, It is pointless. Sadly I've done it.” I laugh nervously fiddling with my key necklace.

By this time we had walked through the doors of the school. All around people were whispering and turning towards us. Me feeling awkward would not even begin to describe it.

“Okay Logan, this is really weird. Why are they all staring?” I ask

“Jealous of you and wondering why you're with me” He stated honestly and a little too cockily.

“Well, they definitely don't need to envy me with you? Ew. Why would anyone want to envy me for that?” I joke playfully pushing Logan to the side laughing.

“Ha, ha. Funny. Who wouldn't want to hang out with the Loganator?” Logan sarcastically draws out.

“If you ever say that again, I won't want to hang out with you.” I laugh speeding up my pace.

“Don't walk away from me now young lady.” Logan responds pulling my backpack and replacing me in alignment with his step. “That's better.” he finishes.

“Freaak.” I draw out before stopping at my locker, “I'll see you in a little bit Logan!” I call over my shoulder

I could tell, this was the beginning to a new friendship. A good one, I hoped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, hell! I've been typing this up whilst watching Percy Jackson <3 <3 <3.

I like it, and now I'm dead tired anddd guess what!? Yeah, I actually proofread it this time. I know right? Be proud. First story I have proofread.

Thanks to my subscribers and commenters andd readers, I love you guys!
OH! I made a polyvore [damn bandwagon] but I don't remember how to link so, fml. TELL ME HOW! I want to post the outfit down here later! cause, it's supa cuuute girl.

Clearly, I'm not right, right now ANYWHOO

I.Love.You,
Meggan