Status: Active

Sixteen

Chapter 5; Out Comes the Truth

ImageImageImageImageImage
Four days. Four days since i'd seen that jackass. Pissed wasn't even the beginning of emotions I felt for Logan Lerman at the moment. Plenty of mean things i'd like to do to him also.

Well, today is tuesday. Meaning Logan hasn't shown his face at school either. Even though I was mainly pissed, a part of me was worrying about what's wrong and where he is. This little part of me was the part that had me drive all the way to Logan's estate after school.

Shaking my nervous hands I quickly pressed the doorbell to Logan's house. I heard shuffling in the background before a tall female figure was opening the large oak door.
“May I help you?” The woman asked, who I assumed was Mrs. Lerman by her elegant post and sophisticated attire. “Oh, well... I'm Persephone... I don't know if Logan told you about me? But, I'm worried about him not being at school and he ditched me at a park the other days so... Uh, do you mind if I go talk to him?” I rambled, the blush creeping up my face.

“Hmm... he did what?!” She exclaimed, appalled. “How completely selfish of him! He's ill at the moment, or so he says, but you have a perfectly logical reason to go yell at that boy. His room is at the top of the stairs, to the left.” I nodded at Mrs. Logan's statement, thanked her, tore off my boots and walked up the plush carpeted steps to Logan's room.

I tapped on his door lightly, hoping he would hear. Thankfully he did and I didn't have to worry about banging on it. “Come in!” He yelled. I opened the door to his room and stood impatiently in the doorway, clearing my throat. “Hey Logan.” I sneered, closing the door behind me.
“Seph! I've missed you like crazy girl!” Logan noted, his excitement showing through his perfect eyes.
“Yeah, that's bullshit.” I spat at him, glaring dead into his eyes.
“...Did I do something wrong?” He asked, utterly confused. This made me even more mad. How could he not know?!
I narrowed my eyes, “did you do something bad? YES LOGAN, YOU DID!” I screeched. “Saturday, you brought me to a park. Then do you know what you did? You left me there. Got me to get out of the car, then left me there. Son of a bitch.” I finished, surprised by the icy venom that seeped through my words
“... I don't remember that...” Logan said, confused.
“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” I asked.
“Saturday, all I remember is sleeping and.. Oh my god! I remember now! I'm so sorry! I don't know what got into me! I was planning on staying there with you, I even had a picnic ready! Then... something literally dragged me away from you, something that felt...bad.. Without even thinking I just... got in my car and sped home... been sick ever since.” He finished looking defeated and sad.
“I don't understand... what could've done that?” I asked no one, looking up at the sports posters that hung high up on Logan's wall.

I took a minute to process everything he had just said. I scanned my mind for anything that could help. I remember when I was little, my mother read me a story about this monstrosity. This creature that would... infect the minds of the innocent and slowly devour their inner self. Of course, in the end their was a hero that saves everyone but.. what if? This thing was said to control minds and make them do whatever. Now that I think about it... I had a weird vibe about the park that night. It would be best to investigate it because, I'm probably right... but, I can't tell Logan any of this, he doesn't know I'm a witch, I thought.

“Hello? Earth to Persephone?” Logan asked, rising from his bed.
“Ah sorry, just thinking over everything you just said.” I responded, leaning against the door frame.
“I... do you forgive me?” He asked inching closer and closer to me.
“Yeah, It wasn't your fault.” I whispered, realizing that Logan was only a foot away from me
“Good, because it would be hard to not be your friend.” Logan told me, smirking in the process.
“Why's that?” I questioned.
“It's a secret.” He said, smugly before wrapping me into a hug.

I sighed into his shoulder, glad to be friends again. The embrace was like nothing I could ever comprehend. Full of passion and sparks, friendship one's those... obviously. Because Logan and I would only ever be friends, right? There's no way he would ever want to date me anyways. He's got everything and what do I have? Well, I have nothing that would ever interest Logan. I don't even know why he befriended me in the first place.

“Logan, can I ask you a question?” I asked hopefully, searching Logan's eyes as he held my forearms.
“Of course you can.” He responded releasing his grip on me.
“Uh... why did you ever become my friend?” I asked, closing my eyes hoping for a good answer.
“Because, there's just something about you that I like... I can't put my finger on it.” Logan told me truthfully giving me a genuine smile. I smiled back and began nervously pulling at my split ends, unfocused on Logan.

I jumped at the sudden contact on my chin, looking up at Logan. I looked into his perfect blue eyes and smiled a cheesy smile. “You know,” Logan said, “ I'm glad we're friends. Most of my girl friends just want me or are afraid to tell me how they feel. You on the other hand, have no issue with that.” He laughed, patting me on the head. “Jee thanks, way to make me feel childish.” I state, patting Logan's head in return, “For the record, I'm glad we're friends too.” I smiled up at him and walked past him, examining his room.

“I really like your room.” I said, “It fits your personality well.” I looked all around his room, admiring his taste in music and sports players. “Soccer definitely is the best sport.” I state, half temped to rip his Leonel Messi poster off the wall and take it home with me. “A girl who likes soccer... hmm. All my girl friends 'don't do sports,' another reason to like you.” Logan said plopping back down on his queen sized bed, turning on the TV.

I took that as my cue to leave. Well, I'm gonna get going. I have to go to the library.” I suddenly remembered, turning to leave. “Wait!” Logan called, “thanks for believing me, you have no idea how much it means. I really don't know why I did it and I'll never feel sorry enough.” I smiled delicately at him and hushed him with a hand. “Logan, it's not your fault okay? You don't need to feel sorry anymore.” I responded, opening his door and closing it on my way out.

I hopped down the stairs and walked over to where my shoes were placed. “Thanks for stopping by dear, glad you and Logan made up.” I heard Logan's mother tell me, walking into the foyer. “Oh no, thank you for letting me talk to him. It was a big misunderstanding as it turns out.” I politely responded, slipping my shoes on and opening the door.

“Come back anytime sweetie!” Mrs. Lerman said, holding the door open as I walked into the cool air.
“Thank you, I will!” I told her, smiling sweetly as I walked down the front stairs, hearing the door click behind me. I got into my car and drove off soundlessly. Ready to embrace the information that I was too find at the indian library.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally got it done <3
Lies, I just started it today but... I've been thinking off how I wanted this to play out for days. I try to update every weekend and I think I've been good so far..
Reason for that are I'm busy, lots of tests and I read way to much. I've read like 7 books this week, none of them really short either. I believe I have an issue haha.

Well, look forward to a new story soon. I'm not sure if I want it to be a fanfiction yet though. Promise it'll be good!

Subscribe and comment please(:
xoxox,
Meggan