Status: Active

Sixteen

Chapter 6; All Yours

ImageImageImageImageImage
It must've been ages that I sat in this lonesome, unpopulated library. I scanned books upon books, looking for an answer that didn't want to be found. Sure, there had been things close to what I wanted but, not remotely close enough to what I really needed. I sighed quietly, becoming frustrated upon leaving the bookstore empty handed.

Typically the Indian library or, 'Native American,' library called Tsi, which is the Cherokee pronunciation for Love, had everything you could ever want related to myths. But, I guess whatever I had been searching for, wasn't there. Although, I didn't really know what I was looking for either, to be honest. All I know is that whatever possessed Logan that night was either: A. a demon, B. some sort of creature or, C. something far more complex that my imagination could take me. I opted for C, considering that choosing the most accurate answer was probably the right one.

The door slammed behind me as I left the library, remembering to come back when I gathered more information. I took a few strides towards my car, and stopped suddenly, aware of a presence filling my senses. I tried to ignore it as I continued my walk to my car, that now seems ice-ages away. Noises flooded my system and the presence I felt was not something to be happy about. Thinking quickly, I turned around to face the pitch-black night sky before me. I summoned spirit to be my guide and unleashed it into the darkness. The sky illuminated in a display of light, allowing me to distinguish what was watching me. I was filled with sudden irritation when I saw nothing come my way. The noises I'd heard came to an abrupt stop, and I felt fear stir inside of me.

Realizing that now would be the time to get the hell out of here, I did just that. I sprinted to my car and dug in my purse for my keys. “Shit,” I muttered unable to find my keys. My shaking hands dug furiously inside my purse. I could feel that haunted presence again as spirit left my body. The noises came back louder, fastening as the thing approached me. I mentally screamed to myself and continued my search. Thanking the Gods when I felt the keys rattle in my slim fingers. I attempted to unlock the door as fast as possible, succeeding and slipping in the car. I locked the doors and looked around, unsure whether the creature was still around. In the distance I heard a disturbing scream, sounding angered. This was my cue to get the hell out of this God forsaken place. I jammed my foot on the pedal, did a 160 degree spin and sped away into the night sky, never to forget this night.

[&&&]


I whistled silently to myself as I entered the beige door leading to my rather large house, surprised that it was quiet for once. “Mom, I'm home!” I yelled, waiting for an answer that never came. I inwardly groaned, not wanting to be alone. I strode into the kitchen and found a note taped to the fridge. It read:

'Gone on a date sweetie, I'll be back around twelve. I left 30 dollars on the kitchen table, order yourself some pizza! You can invite some friends over if you want..'

I contemplated whether to take her up on any of those offers and decided yes. Even for someone who loves being alone, tonight was not the night for that. I was scared, and I wanted someone to be there with me, to face my fears. My hands fiddled with my purse again, I found my phone plunged deep within its corridors. My fingers pressed the on button, waiting impatiently for the screen to spring to life. Finally after what seemed like eons, my background of Winnie the Poo jumped out at me. I scrolled down my contact list, eagerly wanting to get to Logan's. I smiled successfully when I found his number and hit dial. He picked up after the third ring.
“Well hey there, short stuff.”
“Funny story bro. Wanna come over, eat pizza and watch a movie?” I asked hopefully into the phone.
“Yeah... Let me ask. Be right back.” Logan said happily, leaving me hanging on to the now empty line of the telephone.

I scanned my kitchen, wanting to be far away from the windows as possible. Before I knew it, my feet dragged me into the living room, windows far from visibility. I sighed quietly and patted my fingers against my couch as I sat down. Shuffling was heard in the background and then, Logan picked up the phone again.
“I can come over, thank God. So, you'll see me in about 10.” Logan stated satisfied, ready to hangup.
“Wait, uh. Can you call me when your here so I can see you in?” I asked sceptically.
“Yeah.. sure...” Logan responded, voice questioning my actions.

I clicked the end button and threw my phone on the other side of the couch, seconds later realizing I needed it to call for pizza. My hands outstretched to reach the phone and once again, I scrolled the phone for the needed contact. I called Papa John's and requested a medium Pepperoni and Mushroom pizza, knowing it was Logan's and my favorite. The pizza guy said they would have someone over in 20 minutes, I was exited. Papa John's had this butter stuff they gave you and oh man, was that stuff to die for!

The wind whistled rapidly outside as I sat silently on the couch., sensing a storm was coming. Making the decision to grab blankets from upstairs, I ran to my room, ripped my blankets and pillow off my bed and tried to carry them down the steps. Failing numerous times in the process, I decided to kick everything down the stars, a better decision on my part.

Satisfied with my work on the bed I made in front of the TV, I made some popcorn. The movie theater butter kind. I watched it pop eagerly, removed it when it was done and poured the contents into a big bowl. My phone started ringing and I ran to it, picking up breathlessly.
“Hello?” I answered
“Sup squad, I'm outside.” Logan said
“Coming.” I announced, throwing the phone back on the couch and running to the door. I opened the door and motioned Logan in. He smiled happily and skipped into my house, like a five year old child/
“You really don't act your age, Logan.” I confirmed, sticking my tongue out at him. He laughed and said the same thing back to me.
“Oh popcorn!” Logan stated beginning to eat it. I smacked his hand away from the bowl and told him to wait for the pizza that was coming any minute.
“I got your favorite!” I exclaimed, proud that I did good.
“Yes! Score! Awesome, the butter stuff too?” He asked.
“Oh you know it.” I responded, digging through movies to watch. “What movie should we see?”
“Well, what about Mirrors? Do you have that one?” Logan asked, smirking at my reaction.
I reluctantly answered him, “yeah I do, that movie is fucking scary.”
“More of a reason to watch it then.” He sang, interrupted by the doorbell.

I made my way to the door, tripping in the process, cursing as I remembered I needed to grab the money. “Logan bring me the money please!” I asked nicely, opening the door.
“Good evening” The pizza man said, holding the pizza up on his arm.
“Hi.” I stated bleakly, receiving the money from Logan. I gave the man a 20 and shut the door, bringing the pizza to the kitchen.
“I'm exited to eat this.” I stated plainly to myself.
“Same story.” Logan responded, opening the box.

[&&&]


I was sitting up, staring with wide eyes at the television screen as Mirrors played. The movie was an hour in and the horror of it was not lessening. Squealing at the scene that played out before me, I buried my eyes behind my hands, peeking through them a little. Logan laughed at my reaction and sat up from his position, sitting right next to me
“I hate you.” I gritted through my teeth, eyes still covered.
“Nonsense, you could never hate me.” Logan responded, removing my hands tenderly from my eyes. “It's okay Seph, this movie's not so bad. Just don't look in the mirror for awhile.” He laughed, looking dead into my eyes. I glared into Logan's perfect eyes, he pretended that I wasn't glaring. My hand found it's way to the popcorn bowl as I peeled my eyes away from Logan's. I ate a few pieces, and threw one dead into Logan's forehead, laughing at his reaction. He gasped at me for a few seconds, until a evil look became plastered on his beautiful face.
“I don't want to know what your thinking.” I commented, slowly scooting away from him. Logan lunged at me and began tickling my sides. My laugher overpowered the movie as I begged for him to stop.
“Mercy, mercy!” I yelled laughing.
“Only if you promise to never throw popcorn at me again.” Logan warned, narrowing his eyes at me.
“Fine, fine.” I answered, pretending that that was the truth.

Logan pulled me up and laid me in his arms as we watched the rest of the movie. Feelings were stirring in me I had never felt before, making me uneasy. I yawned tiredly and fought the sleep that wanted to overtake me. My attempts failed when I felt my eyes flutter closed. I slumped down further in Logan's arms, mind battling the sleep urge.
“Logan?” I mumbled.
“Yes, beautiful?” Logan responded, brushing his hands repetitively through my tangly hair.
“Why do you like me?” My voice asked, sounding less like me and more like a sleep deprived young girl.
“Why wouldn't I?” Logan said, “everything about you is perfect.” He emphasized.

I focused on the feeling of Logan's hands caressing my face in small circles as I let sleep overpower my senses. My body rolled into Logan's, my hands fastening around his waist. I dug my head into his muscular chest before becoming satisfied. I could've sworn Logan said I love you to me before I fell into a deep sleep. But, I could always be wrong too.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm glad I'm sick today. Wanna know why? I would never had updated this otherwise. I didn't like the last chapter that much but, I made it roll well with this one and now I love this story again! Lucky for you, ay?

Since I made it so she can drive.. I'm either changing the story title or making it legal to drive where she lives. The first choice sounds more accurate to me but, tell me your opinion!

Now, this chapter is kind of the turning point in Persephone and Logan's relationship. It's gonna go somewhere, not quite sure yet but, I can't wait to find out!

Also, I just realized I have two pictures of Logan at the top. hahaha, sad. I'm not changing it though cause I like the look!

Comment&Subscribe

XOXO,
Meggan Elizabeth

P.S. - please check out my new story Eyes Like Sunsets! It's a Nick J fiction