Status: Active

Sixteen

Chapter 8; In December Drinking Horchata...

ImageImageImageImageImage
You know that insane feeling of irritation you feel when you know someone is watching you? The anger that builds up inside of you? Makes you want to punch someone? Well, at least that’s how I feel whenever someone is trying desperately to make eye contact with me. Right now that person was Logan and oh how I wanted to punch him. I loved the kid but come on! In all honesty, I didn’t even know why he was staring at me in the first place, probably should ask him.

I slumped back into my seat, hoping Logan received the glare that I shot in his direction. Suddenly, paper came flying at me, hitting me square in the nose. I narrowed my eyes at the sender and scraped the note off my desk, reading it carefully.

Persephone,

Sorry for staring! I just really need to tell you something! I was hoping that by staring at you I could convey my thoughts into your head… clearly I’m stupid.

Yeah, clearly he is stupid, I thought shaking my head. What a retard, not like we had twin telepathy. I cocked my head to the side, tilting my body slightly so I could look at Logan. I nodded my head in his direction and crumbled the note, stashing it into my pocket.

The bell rang, signaling the end of fourth period. I scurried out of the classroom, forgetting that Logan needed to talk to me. My locker opened easily, the code being unpredictable and easy. I shoved my books into the small locker, praying they wouldn’t fall down on my head, like they had done last year.

As I was about to turn around to leave for lunch, Logan appeared at my side saying, “you could’ve waited for me! I needed to talk to you!”
“I know,” I sighed, “I’m sorry hombre, I just forgot… what did you need to talk about?” Right away I found my hands shoved deep into my jacket pockets, tapping my heel on the ground.
“Oh, well I… what are you doing Friday night?” he asked, looking down at the ground awkwardly.
“Well, I guess I’m doing something now aren’t I?” I asked, sending a bright smile Logan’s way in hopes of clearing the air.

He looked at me and smiled back, his eyes instantly lighting up. “Okay sweet, how about we go to Crave? And then I’ll take you somewhere special.” Logan said sweetly, his eyes growing larger.
“Sounds good, can’t wait.” I said back, grabbing his arm and leading him towards the lunchroom.

[&&&]

When I got home later that day, I squealed delightfully noticing the horchata that sat waiting for me at the table. “Thank you!” I yelled to no one in particular, knowing my mom wasn’t home yet. The blissful music was playing in the background while I slurped the warm milk and sugar concoction. Phil Collins soothing voice calming my heart, ridding the headache that had entered me earlier.

I sung along too Look Through My Eyes before finishing my drink, and heading up stairs. To say I was exited for Friday wasn’t enough. I was enthused. He may be my best friend, but I couldn’t deny the feeling that had been bubbling up in my stomach lately. When he touched me, it was like a volcano erupted inside me. And when he looked into my eyes, I always felt the blush creep up on my tanned face.

There was a lot about Logan I liked to be honest, good and bad. I liked the way his nose crinkled when he thought something was gross. I liked the way his left eye twitched slightly when he was confused. I liked how whenever he was mad, his ears got all red and it made him look bizarre. I liked how he’s never afraid to speak his mind, or stand up for what he believes in. I liked how he gives me these looks that I can’t resist and winks at me when he catches me looking at his beautifully sculpted face. Of course, this list could go on and go on but I feel like it might be creepy. I would never tell him any of this. Never ever, ever.

A loud noise from the kitchen broke me from the spell I was cast under. I peeked out of the kitchen, hoping no one murderous had entered my home. My imagination, and me I thought shaking my head when I noticed it was my mom, coming home from the grocery store.

‘Thank you so much for the horchata mom! I was amazing, literally.” I comment, taking the bags from my mother’s frail hands and carrying them to the kitchen, where I placed them on the counter.
“Thanks honey, and your welcome.” My mom stated, kissing my temple and beginning to put away the groceries.
“Is it okay if I go on a date with Logan Friday?” I ask my mother hopefully.
“Of course honey!” My mom smirked at me, “I was hoping he would ask you soon.” She finished, laughing slightly to herself.
“Yeah…” I responded, grabbing a Dasani out of the fridge. “You’re going to need to help me get ready! I have no idea what to where!” I exclaimed plopping down on the nearest chair, resting my head on the counter.
“Don’t fret honey, Ill help you!” Mom exclaimed, rolling her eyes slightly.
“Thanks mommy.” I sighed, heading upstairs to my rather large white and purple room.

In my head I started to sing Horchata, by Vampire Weekend, remembering how I had just had horchata within the hour. I sat down on my bed, and pulled out my homework, unprepared for the doom that was ahead of me. Stupid homework, I thought, slamming my hand down on the page.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well hi.

I'm terribly sorry I haven't updated! I didn't feel like it haha. I will be updating Eyes like Sunsets and I might make a new story. Now, unfortunately I'm discontinuing Hoist the Colors and Soundtrack to My Life. I don't like them, at all. But at least you have these stories, ey?

Now, my new story: the main character's name will be Cezera. I'm assuming it will be a Nick Jonas fiction, but I'm not quite sure yet. Possibly could be Gregg Sulkin. This new story will probably either involved fantasy or, reality. That narrows it huh? Haha basically, Cezera is either going to be a demon or a confused individual.

Now, I liked this chapter as a filler. Nothing to exiting happens here. Did you notice how Seph's calling it a date when Logan never mentioned it as a date? Hmmm, curious. Well! You'll find out everything as soon as I update again!

Xoxox,
Megg