Status: active

A Battle for Love

Chapter 1

He had been trying to get my attention for the longest. He sat beside me in the corner of the room 3 desks away waving his arms around and making funny faces while the teacher wasn't looking. During the day, I kept ignoring him. I didn't want to be anywhere near this guy. He was cute, and you could say charming, but he was obnoxious and annoying. And I wanted no part of him.

When the bell sounded for the next class, I placed my books in my back pack and slung it across my shoulder.The guy was following me down the hall. I saw when he got up out of his chair. This was one of his classes too, I had told myself in order to keep me from turning around and asking why he was here. My next class was gym. Girls and boys were divided between half courts. It was basketball day and we all had to dress out. I hated to dress out, mostly because of my legs.

Lucky for me, the school allowed sweat pants also. The colors were gold and gray. They were our school colors. I put the gold pants on and then the gray shirt in the girls' locker. I walked out to the sound of dribbling basketballs and swooshing nets. My hair was pulled up into a ponytail. The dude was propped up against the padded wall watching me.

I went to make some shots. I made most of them but missed a few. The last one I shot hit the rim and rolled over towards the boys' side of the court. I went to retrieve my ball and I saw it was stopped by a foot on the line. I sighed and looked up, quite knowing who it was.
He stood there with a slight smirk on his face. I didn't notice when he had gotten off of the wall. He bent down and snagged the ball from under his foot. The guy now held two basketballs. He tucked it under his arm.

"Hey there," he spoke, his voice deep but soft. "So...you like basketball, huh?" He said nodding his head at the orange balls under his arm.

I shifted my weight onto my left leg and folded my arms. "Yeah, I'm pretty good at it," I told him.

"I saw." He nodded at the goal for the girls. "You're a real sport."

This guy was hot. I might not have noticed it before; maybe because I never actually paid attention to his features. He had black wavy hair that touched his shoulders and a muscular outline. The way he stood now with two basketballs made him look professional and handsome. He had a chiseled jaw bone to set him off the meters. It made sense that all the girls went crazy over him.

"Could I have my ball back now," I asked getting annoyed. People were looking our way now.

His smirk got wider as he said, "You'll have to play me first." A disbelieving laugh escaped my lips. Was he seriously asking me? I was the best out of all the girls on the court and half of the guys. I narrowed my eyes and accepted it.

"Deal."

He smiled and tossed one ball to the side and bounced mine out, over, and around his legs. I stood there and watched him like the idiot he was. When the moment came, I ponded the ball right out of his hands and crossed it over to my legs. He looked at me smiling; showing off his perfectly white teeth. The whole room was cheering now. The guys for him; the girls for me. A numerous of times he tried to steal the ball back. I wasn't having that on my courts. After I got sick of embasassing him, I threw the ball right between his legs. It bounced up as I ran across the line to retrieve it once more. I smiled gloriously as I made my way down the court with the ball. I jumped and shot the basket and made nothing but net.

The room cheered and I turned to find my sexy opponent staring dumbfounded in my direction. I smiled as some of the guys came up and gave me simple hand shakes.

"Now that's how we do it here new kid." I shoved the ball in his chest and walked back over to my side before the coaches came in and saw us.

When he finally got up the nerve to say some words, he called, "How about a re-match?" I turned around after giving the girls high fives.

"I don't think you can handle it," I called back over. The boys all booed him and gave him slaps on theback. The guy was smiling ever so lovely. I turned and entered the locker room again, seeing as it was about time to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter one