Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Visions For Everyone

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Brittney’s POV

Okay so…Melissa hasn’t been the only one who has been having weird dreams. I’ve definitely had…my fair share…but I haven’t told Mel. I haven’t told anyone. I don’t know if I should…or even if I could. I want to tell Mel…but I feel like we’ve been having some issues with each other lately. I feel…a way that I’ve never felt with her before. We’re becoming distant from each other…and we’re saying things to each other that shouldn’t be said. In one of our passed cases at the Roosevelt Asylum, it was a mental institution where killer ghosts were running a muck but really they didn’t want to kill us (necessarily) they just wanted the evil doctor gone. When they were all alive, he would brain wash all of them somehow and well…when we found him…Sam and I were kind of brainwashed while Dean and Mel were working on finding us.

When they did find us…that was when stuff started happening. It wasn’t within our power but Sam shot Dean with rock salt while Mel was hiding and I knew she was somewhere in hearing distance and Sam and I were both taunting Dean and Mel by saying how we were sick with the two of them telling us what to do and we just went on and on saying things we would never say if we had control. It all resulted in Sam trying to shoot Dean with Dean’s gun that wasn’t loaded and that was when Mel ran in, getting me in a head lock while Dean knocked Sam out. But, in all honesty…since honesty is what we’re trying now…I’m not sure if it wasn’t just the brain washing thing talking…I think maybe I really do feel that way. Mel is always controlling me, telling me what to do…I don’t know. It made the next couple miles a little awkward.

Our case after that got even more interesting because Sam and Dean’s dad called. Mister John Winchester, himself. The boys didn’t tell us what he said really but he gave us a case to handle. On the way there though Mel and I got into a fight on the way there and apparently so did Dean and Sam. We all pulled over on the side of the road and we were all yelling at each other…it was really bad. Sam and Mel wanted to go find John while Dean and I wanted to solve this case. Mel wouldn’t tell Sam and Dean why she wanted to find John but I knew why…and she would rather go find a man she barely knew rather than solve a case. In any other situation before we met these boys, she would’ve been all over this case. So, she took Sam in her truck while Dean took me in his car and the whole way into town we muttered pretty bad things about the two of them. It was like we were venting to each other but the other wouldn’t respond, we would just keep venting. Like I would say something bad about Mel, then he said something bad about Sam and that continued for a while…I was definitely fine with that though. But, once we were actually working on the job, Dean and I started to miss Sam and Melissa…and they came through for us in the end right before we were sacrificed to a man-killing, town-providing scarecrow…oh yea, you just so had to be there.

Aside from the drama…there’s been…not much romance but…it’s developing. Especially Dean and Mel…they’re just developing at their own pace. Sam and I…well we’re just friends…it’s probably all we’ll ever be sadly. I keep trying to get closer to the boy…but I don’t think he wants to get any closer than we already are…he probably has a thing for Mel too. Everyone has a thing for Mel. She always gets the guy. I love her to death but sometimes she makes me feel intimidated or something…but her romance with Dean is strange and awkward…and actually it’s just really amusing. The case after the creepy scarecrow was kind of sad because Dean almost died! He got electrocuted by one of our weapons so badly that the doctor only gave him weeks, maybe months. While we were all in the hospital and just received the news about Dean’s death sentence and while Sam went in to see him, I tried to comfort Mel because even though she tried not to show it, she was worried about Dean. Then he was asking for the two of us and Mel refused to walk in…well I’ll tell you what happened.

I walk in and make a sad smile at Dean. “Hey there, Short Stuff” he joked, calling me his little nick name for me. “Hey tough guy, how you feeling?” I asked, hugging him gently.

“Like I’ve been shot with lightning on the inside…” he answered, but he was distracted. “Where’s Melissa?”

“Oh she’s out waiting in the hallway, she’s afraid to come in here and accidentally kill you somehow…plus she’s kind of freaked out by hospitals”

“What? Go get her”

I shrugged and went to the door. She tried to resist but I grabbed her by the waist and threw her into the room and she flew into the table that Dean’s food all set up on. She tried to catch all the stuff before it fell to the ground, so she looked like a wreck and then the pudding fell to the floor.

“My pudding” Dean faked a whimper.

“I uhh I’ll go get you a new one…” she tried to back out of the room.

“You aren’t going anywhere. Sammy…go get me some more pudding?”

“Yea…okay” Sam agreed and walked out of the room with me behind him but I just shut the door and spun around quickly to spy on them.

“So…” Mel started, keeping her distance from the bed.

“So…” Dean grinned.

“You’re really getting a kick out of this aren’t you” she glared and crossed her arms. “Oh yea, I’m getting a kick out of this…but as much as I’m enjoying the sight of you…” he paused.

“Enjoying the sight of me…spazzing? Making a fool out of myself?”

“No, no…just enjoying the sight of you” he smirked. “Shut up” she said and even though I was behind her, I could tell she rolled her eyes.

“Why don’t you come closer? I wont bite…”

She started getting closer and he held his arms open. She bent down to hug him. They never hugged before…and they still haven’t because then Dean yelped, causing Mel to jump back into a monitor and Dean started laughing so hard, he started coughing because I could tell he was in pain but he covered it up nicely.

“You freakin jerk!” she yelled, smacking him in the chest and that hurt him more but she didn’t care that time.

I heard a laugh coming from right behind me and I felt his breath on my neck, making my hair stand up. I turned and saw Sam was inches away from my body. But, I tried to hide my blush as I acted like I was laughing at them and he just joined in.


So yea…told you it was funny. But, I guess it was just another had to be there moments…we have a lot of those. Dean didn’t die though. Sam found a “healer” who really just turned out to be an old man who thought he could heal people when his wife did all the dirty work with a reaper. It was pretty crazy stuff. We stopped her though…and then the reaper killed her…all in a days work for us.

Oh, but our most recent case was…pretty interesting. We ran into one of Dean’s ex-girlfriends. God knows how many this boy has had but this one…he actually really liked her. He even told her about his “job”. I knew Mel was uncomfortable with this but she hid it extremely well. Dean, on the other hand…he made things kind of awkward for all of us…thank God it was over when it was.

Right now though, I was having this creepy ass dream about this guy stuck in a locked car with his garage door closed and the exhaust was getting everywhere…I woke up before it got any worse though. I looked over at Sam and he was twisting and turning.

“Sam…Sam” I shook him awake and he spazzed a little. “You…did you…”

“Did I what Brit?”

“Did you…have a dream about this guy…”

“Stuck in a car…about to die…” he finished for me as he stared at me in shock…and then it was stupid of me but I realized that we just completed a rhyme….

Then Dean and Mel walked in, together, smiling with four cups of coffee but their smiles dropped when they looked at Sam and I.

~~

We hit the road and the truck was pretty silent…actually it was a lot silent. I couldn’t take it anymore…and after a few miles, neither could she. “So…when were you going to tell me about your dreams? Or were you just going to keep them to yourself?” she snapped.

“Mel…I…”

“So much for being honest. I thought it was going to be a two way street”

“Oh, don’t pull that, you still aren’t honest with me”

“I’m not? How so Brit? Please enlighten me”

“When was the last time you had a weird dream? Last night? I remember you sounding petrified last night in your sleep and I had to shake you so you would wake up and then fall back asleep”

“So I have to tell you all the weird, crazy dreams I have now?”

“If you tell me yours, I’ll tell you mine” I said, glaring right back at her.

She seemed to lighten up, staring at the road. “I stopped telling you because they became more and more frequent. I didn’t want you to feel like I was being conceited or anything by telling you the dreams I have every night…I tell Sam”

“You what?” I asked, incredulous.

“The dreams I don’t tell you…I tell Sam. He listens…that’s when you always catch me talking to him, when I’m telling him about a dream…or I just feel like talking to him so your whole jealousy thing has to stop”

“I’m not jealous” I muttered.

“Yea, and I’m not William Stern’s daughter” I stayed silent. “And last nights dream? It was a regular nightmare…damn clowns” she tried to joke. “And I also didn’t tell you because there was two parts to the dream…”

“What was the second part?” I asked.

“It was one of those flashback dreams I’ve been having”

“The ones that we think are about Dean?” I asked, completely interested now. “Yea” she choked out and I saw she turned a little red. “I don’t know if it was him…but I was 16 and some guy and I were…in a bed…and…”

I gasped. “You did the naughty with Dean Winchester!” I yelled. “God, shut up! Geez” Her face turned into a deep scarlet color. “We don’t even know it was him anyway…could’ve been anybody…”

“Mmhhhmm like you really believe that” I rolled my eyes. “Whatever…what about you though? I seriously think it’s about time you just make your move on Sam already. I mean seriously!” she claimed.

“Sam wants no more than to be just friends…”

“You’ve never even confronted him about it! You don’t know that!”

“Just…don’t interfere okay” I said, subtly.

“Fine” she huffed.

~~

We got in front of a house where police cars and ambulances were around with a crowd of people. We parked on the side of the road and got out to blend in with the crowd. “What happened?” Dean asked a random woman. “Suicide. I can’t believe it” she answered.

“Did you know him?” I asked.

“I saw him every Sunday at St. Augustine’s. He always seems…seemed so normal. I guess you never know what’s going on behind closed doors”

“Yeah, I guess not” Mel said. “How did…how are they saying it happened?” Sam asked. “I heard they found him in the garage. Locked inside his car with the engine running” she said and we all exchanged a look.

“Do you know about what time they found him?”

“Oh, it just happened about an hour or two ago. Oh, his poor family. I can’t even imagine what they’re going through” she said and we all looked at the house as a body was carried out in a body bag.

Then, we started walking away. “Guys…we got here as fast as we could” Dean said. “Not fast enough” I snapped quietly.

“It just doesn’t make any sense, man. Why would we even have these premonitions, unless there was a chance that we could stop them from happening?” Sam stressed, looking at Mel and Dean.

“I don’t know” Mel sighed. “What do you think killed him?” I asked. “Maybe the guy just killed himself. You know, maybe there’s nothing supernatural going on at all” Dean tried.

Suddenly, I felt like this was just another Sam and Dean fight…Mel felt the same as we slowly took a step back to watch. “I’m telling you, I watched it happen. I cant speak for Brit cause I don’t know what she saw but that guy was murdered by something, Dean. It trapped him in the garage”

“Well, what? A spirit, a poltergeist, what?”

“I don’t know what it was. I don’t know why I’m having these dreams, I don’t know what the hell is happening, Dean”

But, Dean just stared at him as Mel did the same and her eyes flicked to me as well. “What?” “Nothing, man, I’m just worried about you” “Well, don’t look at me like that” “I’m not lookin’ at you like anything…”

“Though, you look like crap…you both do” Mel said and I glared.

“Nice, Mel. Thanks” Sam said, sarcastically.

“Yeah, well she‘s not lying. Come on, let’s just pick this up in the morning. We’ll check out the house, we’ll talk to the family” Dean said.

“Dean, you saw them, they’re devastated. They’re not gonna wanna talk to us” I stated.

“Yeah, you’re right. But I think I know who they will talk to”

“Who?” we all asked him but he just smirked.

~~

The next day…I’ll admit, Dean’s idea was pretty bad. Sam and Dean dressed up like priests while Mel and I dressed up like nuns and we walked up to the house and I felt a little uncomfortable with this….

“This has got to be a whole new low for us” Sam commented and I agreed completely with him. “But it just makes things even more interesting” Mel grinned and I saw Dean agreed with her.

Then, he knocked on the door and a shortish, bald man answered. “Good afternoon. I’m Father Simmons, this is Father Freeley. We’re new junior priests over at St. Augustine’s and here are sister Maryland and sister Rose. May we come in?” Dean asked and the man nodded.

“Thanks”

“We’re very sorry for your loss” Sam said as we all walked in and the man shut the door.

There were some other people walking around in black. “It’s in difficult times like these when the Lord’s guidance is most needed” Dean said.

“Look, if you wanna pitch your whole Lord-has-a-plan thing, fine. But don’t pitch it to me. My brother is dead” the guy said and my eyes and Mel’s eyes went wide slightly in surprise as we all exchanged looks.

“Roger, please” a blond woman approached us.

“Excuse me” the man, Roger, said to us and then left.

“I’m sorry about my brother-in-law. He’s just so upset about Jim’s death. Would you like some coffee?” she offered.

“That’d be great” Mel nodded and smiled.

Ms. Miller told us to sit down on the couch, so we did and she soon came back with coffee for all of us. “It was wonderful of you to stop by. The support of the church means so much right now.

“Of course. After all, we are all God’s children” Dean said. Sam gave him a weird look as Mel nudged him lightly and I just took a sip of my coffee.

Ms. Miller smiled, nodded and walked away and then Dean took a mini hotdog off the platter on coffee table. “Tone it down a little bit, Father” Sam said and Ms. Miller came back and sat down across from us.

“So, Ms. Miller, did your husband have a history of depression?” Dean asked with a mouth full and I made a face at him as Mel rolled her eyes.

“Nothing like that. We had our ups and downs, like everyone. But we were happy. I just don’t understand how Jim could do something like that” she started to cry.

“I’m so sorry you had to find him like that” I said.

“Actually, our son, Max…he was the one who found him” We looked over to where she was pointing and we saw a teenage boy sitting in a corner of the dining room.

“Do you mind if maybe we go talk to him?” Sam asked, referring to himself and I. “Oh, thank you” she nodded so Sam and I stood up.

I’d like to think that whenever Sam volunteered the two of us to do anything or go anywhere together, it was because…well, because he had a thing for me…but I know he only did it out of habit. That’s just how it was. Dean and Mel were a team when we split up and Sam and I were a team…no other reason….

“Max? Hey, I’m Sam. This is Brittney” he started as we got to him.

He barely looked up at us. We both pulled two chairs over and sat down in front of him. “…what was your dad like?” Sam asked. “Just a normal dad” he said sadly, avoiding eye contact with us.

“Yeah? And you live at home now?” I questioned. “Yeah. I’m tryin’ to save up for school, but it’s hard” he said and we all nodded and paused. “So, when you found your dad…” I started hesitantly, trying to get to the point.

“I woke up. I heard the engine running. I don’t know why he did it”

“I know it’s rough. Losing a parent. Especially when you don’t have all the answers” Sam said and I gave him a sad look as it avoided it, keeping eye contact with Max.

I couldn’t help but feel sorrow for the guy I was crushing on…even though I hunt supernatural things that are hidden in the dark, doesn’t mean I’m not a typical girl with crazed up emotions for the guy that I’m with pretty much 24/7.

~~

Once we were done talking to Max, we found Dean and Mel scoping out the hallway upstairs and they didn’t find anything…which was a bummer. Afterwards, we went back to the motel, we all got into the guys room and Sam and I got to researching…but that was a bust too. We couldn’t find anything. Nothing bad happened to the Miller house since it was built and there are no graveyards, battlefields, tribal lands or any other kind of atrocity on or near the property…as Sam put it. Dean and Mel said they couldn’t find any cold spots or sulfur, they couldn’t even find anything with the infrared thermal scanner. Then…I felt excruciating pain in my head…and I collapsed to the floor.

“Brittney!” Mel called out but I saw Sam was in the same kind of pain I was as Dean got to his side and Mel was at mine.

The pain was horrible…I never felt anything like it…and then my vision started to blur as the scenery changed. I wasn’t staring at Mel’s face anymore…and I wasn’t in the motel room. I saw Roger Miller enter an apartment and walk into the kitchen and set a bag of groceries on the counter. He opened a beer and started to drink it…when he walked away, I saw the window start to open. Then, I saw an ominous dark shadow in the background. Roger turned back to the groceries and saw the window was open. He walked over and tried to shut it but it wouldn’t budge. So, he stuck his head out of the window…and suddenly, it just slammed shut on top of Roger’s head! Blood splattered all over the window and the wall. Then…I started to get sight of Mel’s face again as she had my head in her hands.

“It’s happening again” I gasped, feeling sweat on my forehead.

“Something’s gonna kill Roger Miller” Sam said and gasped as well.

~~~

Mel and I were in the truck, following Dean and Sam as Sam got the address of Roger. I leaned my head on the window, just staring at the dark road in front of us. “Hey…you alright?” Mel finally asked.

“No…I’m not. These…visions or whatever. They hurt like Hell and…I’m scared…” I admitted. “I know…it’s gonna be okay though” she promised…like she always did.

For some reason…I always believed her…because there was something about how she said it that made me really feel like it was going to be okay…but not this time…this time was different.

“I don’t know…”

“Hey, if you need to hurl, let me know so I can pull over” she joked lightly. “No, dude, that’s you” I joked back.

“Right…but seriously…”

Seriously, Mel…I’m fine” I told her. She nodded. “But, what I don’t get is…why aren’t you having visions like Sam and I” I wondered…and I admit I was hinting a little.

“I don’t know…” she murmured, shrugging.

Melissa

“I really don’t know Brit…I had a dream about Jenny that one time and I have other weird dreams I cant explain…but I don’t have visions…yet anyway…and I didn’t see anything about Roger” she said and I knew she was telling the truth that time.

“What do you mean by yet?”

“Well, I don’t know…maybe it might be bound to happen…”

“Because you’re destined to have bad, weird things happen to you” I snipped, sarcastically.

“Yea…but we all are…it’s just who we are…we’re people who have bad, weird things happen to them” she said and I just nodded.

“Why are Sam and I seeing the Millers die…how are we connected?” I asked, very quietly but I knew she heard me.

“I don’t know Brit…I really don’t…”

“You cant tell me this doesn’t freak you out even the slightest” She threw me a glance.

“It doesn’t freak me out even the slightest” she said and then gave me a look before putting her eyes back on the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333