Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

John Winchester Is Father Truth

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
I don’t know what’s going on anymore. Things weren’t supposed to be this complicated. Brit and I were supposed to just hunt things, kill them, save people…we weren’t supposed to have to go through this thing where my crazy dreams were so frequent and where Brit and her non boyfriend whatever have these weird “powers”. I know Dean’s feeling the same way I am but he wont talk about it of course…neither will I but still. We’re both hiding it from Sam and Brit. To protect them by keeping a hard look and acting like nothing’s wrong…when really…I just don’t know. They’re all just friggin annoying me…and I cant even snap at anybody cause more drama has rose up…and of course, it involves yet another Winchester. John Winchester. The man who Sam and Dean have been tracking to save…the man I’ve been tracking for answers…was standing in front of the four of us in our apartment room we were staying at for the night. While all of us were covered in dirt, scratches and blood…he stood there…grinning at his boys…and Brit and I stood there in shock.

I’ll rewind a little though…just a little.

Our last case…was more than just unusual. Sam, Brit and I all got kidnapped, so it was up to Dean to save us. But, the catch was…we weren’t kidnapped by any ghosts or demons or shape shifters or vampires or anything supernatural. We were kidnapped by humans. Yea, a crazy father, raising his crazy sons and his crazy daughter, who all killed people for fun. Like I said…crazy. We managed though. Our case that we were just on…was less crazy…but way more dramatic. We caught up with Meg again. The girl Sam and I met on the road when Dean and Brit went to go handle that scarecrow case. Dean and I encouraged him to just have a little fun…so did Brit but she was more hesitant…Sam ended up finding out some pretty good information about Meg when he stalked her to an abandoned warehouse. Sam thought it was best that we checked out what she was up to. So, staked out and had a plan and everything…which didn’t go so well when Meg knew all along what we were planning. In the end…the plan was an epic fail and it ended with us being tied to polls. Dean and I were tied to one while Sam and Brit were tied to another. There was some smack talking and Meg became a little too sexual with Sam while she was sitting on lap and kissing him as he was trying to turn his head. It was all completely gross and I gagged a little. Then she did some taunting to me and then smacked me…that got Dean fired up. She ignored his threats as she turned to go back over to Sam but he jumped up and knocked her over. Then as Brit came over to untie us, he went over to the alter and as the shadows started attacking us, slicing and cutting us up, Sam threw the alter over and then the shadows started attacking Meg instead. Then in the blink of an eye, she flew out the glass window as it shattered and she plummeted down seven stories.

We got back to our apartment/motel room, barely in one piece and that’s where we are now…standing in the same room with John Winchester. Dean walked forward in long strides, meeting his father half way and they hugged. I nudged Sam forward a little and so did Brit. He walked over to him and they hugged as well.

“Hey dad” I heard him whisper but that was it. If they said anything else after that, I didn’t hear it.

Then…John looked up at me as him and Sam let go. “Melissa Stern…” he chuckled lightly to himself, like my name was some kind of joke that he found humor in. “It is…so good to see you” he said and pulled me into a tight hug.

It felt…nice. It felt like a fatherly hug…something I haven’t had in way too long. “You’ve gotten so big” he said, pulling me away from him to look at me. “Hi there, Brittney. It‘s good to see you again too” he said, shaking Brit’s hand, before hugging her as well.

She was just too dumfounded to speak. He let go to look at me…well, he eyed me, really. “How’s your father? Is he well? We haven‘t spoken in what? Over two years now? I miss my partner in crime…” he rambled a little…which I thought was weird.

“Dad…” Dean came over to us, putting a hand on his fathers shoulder and shaking his head.

“It’s okay…umm my dad…isn’t around anymore…” I eyed him. “But you knew that didn’t you” I assumed.

He sighed. “Yea…I did…I was at the funeral but I just kept a low profile…” he said, turning his back, avoiding to look at me.

“John…I have to know…how close were you and my father?”

“Melissa, I don’t have much time to stay…”

“Please, just answer me. I’m tired of all of you Winchesters just beating around the bush! I just need a few seconds for some quick answers” I exclaimed, sending Dean a quick glare before looking back at the back of John’s head. He turned to look at me and smiled lightly.

“Your father and I…we were best friends…we weren’t just colleagues on the job…we actually grew up together…we were that close”

“So this picture…” I took out the picture of me and Dean. “This is really me and Dean” I asked. He took it from me and laughed a little at the memory or something.

“Yea…that’s you guys…”

Dean came over and snatched the picture. “Why didn’t you tell me you had this?” he gave me a hard look.

I ignored him the best I could, still looking at John. “Why cant I remember…why can't they remember? Why do I have dreams instead…”

He sighed again. “There was this accident…it didn’t end well. Will and I…we weren’t fast enough to catch on…it was another rare case. Your father loved those kind…but it was after you and Dean and…it took away your memories of each other…and it took your memory of Sam and I away too…"

He paused. "After you two, it went after Sammy and Brittney as well…we thought it would just be best if you didn’t know anything about us after that…I don’t know. We panicked a little…no one knew the events that were to happen in the future…”

“What?” Sam asked, incredulous. Dean just had a hard look on his father.

“Yea…she was actually your baby sitter for a while…then when you all got older…your father got me and the boys to get together with your family a few times after that and you, Dean, Sam and Brittney got together a few times over the years…and when you and Dean were around 17 and Sam and Brittney were around 12…you all got into this bad accident…and you all suffered from some memory loss, weird enough…it was the demon’s doing…the demon. He didn’t want any of you to know each other…and once we figured out it was because of him…it was too dangerous to keep trying to get you four to remember each other…” he started to babble a little and then just stared at us as we just stared back at him, incredulous.

“Dean was already too attached…Sammy was starting to get attached…it was better for everyone that none of you were distracted by life outside of hunting…I’m not sure why you’re having dreams of the past…maybe it’s just all coming back to you naturally…”

I was almost hoping Dean to crack a joke about how I baby sat Sam…but there was nothing. He was just as speechless about this. The answers I finally got…may have ruined everything now.

John held out the picture in front of me and I took it back slowly. I backed up a little as Dean and Sam got into an argument with John about how he couldn’t stay and how he had to go his own way still. I wasn’t listening to much of it but I knew it was about how he didn’t want us getting hurt or in the way of the fight but I just couldn’t focus. I was trying to remember all the dreams I’ve had about my past…how they were real…how Mary Winchester was like a second mother to me…how John Winchester was like a second father to me…how Sam was like my own brother and Dean…well Dean was like…I don’t want to think about it. I cant. Sure, I’ve been having…weird feelings for him lately…but they couldn’t be real…it wasn’t possible…I couldn’t have a thing for…or with…Dean Winchester.

All of a sudden, John was thrown against the cabinets in the kitchen and I snapped out of my thoughts, aware of it. The shadows…I should really say the daeva to be more correct…but anyway, it was back. It threw me up into the air, having my back hit the ceiling and I went falling, spinning, to the ground but Dean caught me.

“I got you” he grunted.

Then, he was thrown as well, with me in his arms and we flew into a wall. I did my best to hold up my neck to see Sam and Brit were flown into walls as well and wind was blowing around, papers were flying, silverware was rattling. Dean looked at me.

“Damn it” he groaned. “You okay?” he asked.

All I could do was nod. But, we couldn’t even stand up because there was a massive amount of pressure on us against the wall. We were all being cut up so badly…it was hard to keep my eyes open. I whimpered quietly, keeping my eyes shut. It wasn’t just the scent of the blood stinging my nostrils that put me in pain , it was also the excessive amount of throbbing I was feeling in my ankle. It hurt just when I tried to move it. This wasn’t me. I was so damaged at the moment that I couldn’t even suck up a little pain.

“Dean…” I gasped. “I cant move my ankle” I added.

I looked at him as he gritted his teeth and his face told me he didn’t know what to do and he was concerned…lets just say it wasn’t a very reassuring look. “Cover your eyes!” I heard Sam yell and I shut them tight as a bright light filled the room.

He lit a phosphorus flare. I squinted as smoke started to fill the room as well. “Okay, come on” Dean grunted and I felt my body leave the ground.

He had his arms under me and lifted me to his chest, holding me close. The concerned, uncertain look left his face as I stared up at the face that gave me hope that things would be okay…I loved that look on him…and now I was thinking non sense…I must have been high from all of that smoke and adrenalin.

He rushed me down the fire escape, how he got down with me still in his arms, I’ll never know. But, Dean, John and Brit all got out behind us. “Is she alright?” John asked with full concern and I started to come to my senses.

“I’m fine. Dean you can set me down now” I told him, hitting him lightly in the chest.

“I don’t think…”

“Put me down” I repeated.

He did and as soon as I set my foot down, I yelped in pain as the hurt surged through my body and Dean caught me before I fell so he kept my arm around his shoulders as his other arm was around my waist and I was barely on the ground. “I’ll be fine…it’s just a sprain” I assured them.

“Okay…put some ice on it and take some meds, they’ll need you on both feet…” John started. “Why don’t you stay with us? All of us could travel together. What could it hurt?” Sam tried again.

“He cant Sam!” Dean said with an annoyed tone.

“But I don’t understand why we cant all just work together, we’re all after the same thing…”

“Sam…your dad doesn’t want us to be around when he confronts the thing because he wants to kill it. He cant do that when you and Dean are around. You both are his weaknesses. You both will get in the way of his judgment” I explained.

“She’s right Sam…it’s just not a good idea” Brit finally spoke. Sam stared at her for a long moment as she stared back.

“Fine” Sam muttered.

We said our goodbyes with John and agreed that it would be best to get out of there as fast as possible. Dean helped me over to the truck, opened the passenger door for me, picked me up and put me in the seat. Sam opened Brit’s door for her as she stepped up and into the drivers seat. They were sharing some quick words and I looked down at Dean. We just stared at one another. He had this face on, telling me…he just didn’t know what to say…frankly, neither did I. He just shut the door for me and tapped it twice with the palm of his hand. I watched him as he went around to the driver’s side of the Impala. Then Sam followed and went to the passenger side. Brit started up the truck and we took off, following the boys out of the alley. I didn’t know what any of this was going to mean…did he?
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333