Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Not Enough Time

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
Brittney’s POV

To catch you up on where we are in time…last case was pretty personal for Dean. It was about a shtriga getting to little kids and their siblings and when the boys were kids, it went for Sam. So I guess when I say Dean taking it personal was just an understatement. No matter what happened though…him and Mel have gotten much closer. Ever since they found out they were life long best friends, they feel like they should pick up where they left off apparently. It’s actually kind of sickening how they have so much in common and think alike and joke and laugh the way best friends do…the way we used to…before all of this happened. I guess…I’ve been feeling pretty left out. He wasn’t there for her when she liked a boy who didn’t like her back, when her boyfriend broke up with her to go out with the school slut…when another boyfriend broke up with her to go out with me. He wasn’t there when the incident happened…he wasn’t there to pull her out of her state of depression. I'm the best friend. Not him. I can get pretty possessive and jealous I guess…it’s something I’ve been working on. But still…I feel…alone…lost…not sure why I’m really here. Yea, the damn demon killed my family too but I came to be with Mel and support and help her hunt. She didn’t even want to travel with the guys. Sam and I did.

I’ve developed certain relationships with Sam and Dean. Dean is like the big brother I never had. Sam is the boy that will never like me the way I like him. But they tell me everything…well Sam does. I don’t know what kind of relationship Mel has with them but it seems like it’s better than what I have. Sam and I definitely have our moments but I don’t think he wants anything more. Mel has her guy and my guy…and I feel out of place. I guess that’s why I did what I did. I couldn’t handle all the emotions inside me…I had to get away…and when I saw Sam kiss that girl after we finished the case with the haunted painting…it just threw me off edge and I got the courage to actually do it…to go on my own. I would never in a million years even think about taking Mel’s bike without permission…I would never think about going out on my own knowing what was out there…but I guess that’s why I did it too. I have to learn to fend for myself…I cant always depend on Melissa to be there when I need her. I needed this.

Two Days Earlier

Mel and I walked into our own motel room as the guys got a room just down the hall and around the corner. She fell onto the bed as I walked over to the small kitchen area to set the keys down and take off my jacket but my body was like moving in slow motion.

“Hey…you okay?” she asked, sitting up.

I rubbed my face and blinked a few times. “Yea” I said slowly and I started taking off my jacket hesitantly.

I couldn’t think straight and move at the same time. “You know if I didn’t know any better I’d say you’re trying to seduce me” she tried to joke.

But, I ignored her crack, my brain couldn’t process humor at the moment. “Do you ever wonder what it would be like if I never came with you?” I asked, suddenly.

She stood. “What? No, I never wondered that” she said, serious as a heart attack…and for some reason I just couldn’t believe her.

“Why? If I wasn’t here then maybe you and Dean could be together by now”

“What? I don’t want to be together with Dean…if it wasn’t for you then we wouldn’t even be here right now”

“Yea…maybe you’re right…” I muttered.

“Hey, what’s up? You know you can talk to me”

“Yea…yea I know…I’m fine”

She gave me a look. “Okay” she sighed. Then she hugged me. “I love ya Brit, sometimes you just act stranger than me…I’m going to hit the hay. I’m exhausted” she said and then walked over to the bed.

“Love you too…I’m going to take a quick shower” I said and she nodded.

I went into the bathroom and got in the shower. I waited long enough until I knew she was asleep. I dried off and threw some clothes on. I grabbed they key to her motorcycle and then looked one more time at her…and then I left. I didn’t know where I was going exactly…but I left.

My POV

I woke up to the sun blaring into the room. I squinted. “Brit, shut the blinds” I groaned and dug my head into the pillow. I listened to see if I could hear the shower. I didn’t. “Brit?” I called out.

No answer. I sighed and sat up. I looked around for any sign of Brit. Her clothes were gone so I figured she was just outside loading up the truck. I laid back down and looked to my left at the night stand and I saw a note. I opened it up and started reading it.

Hey Mel,

So I decided this. It was finally time for me to hit the road alone. You and I both knew I wouldn’t be able to hunt with you forever as much as you wanted it to be that way. I know I’ve been such a burden and you’ve saved my ass countless times but now you don’t have to look out for my back, you only have to worry about watching out for your own back. I hope you finally stop being a moron and just fall for Dean already. Maybe we’ll meet up again someday. I hope things go well and I hope you finally find that sound of a bitch that killed our family. I’ll love you forever Mel and you’ll always be my best friend, take care of yourself.

Your sister from another mister,
Brit


My heart sank and I felt my breathing stop and then it became erratic and uneven. I shot out of bed and ran out into the hallway still in my pajama shorts and my spaghetti strap tank top that stuck to my skin and it rose up my stomach a little but I didn’t care. I raced down the hallway and almost fell as I ran around the corner. I started banging on the door.

“Sam! Dean! Open up!” I yelled in a panic.

“Mel?” Sam said tiredly, rubbing his eye as he opened the door.

I pushed passed him. “Tell me she’s in here and this is just some sick joke. Brittney you can come out now! You got me back okay! This one is on me!” I yelled, looking around the room and Dean sat up slowly and tiredly.

I walked into the bathroom and pulled the shower curtain so hard it almost broke off. She wasn’t here either. “Melissa? Calm down. What are you yapping about now?” Dean asked, standing up as I came out of the bathroom.

He was in his boxers and was shirtless as he was putting on his jeans. I couldn’t even enjoy the view because my brain couldn’t focus on anything besides Brittney. “Calm down? I cant calm down, Dean!”

“Where’s Brit?” Sam asked.

I don’t know! That’s the problem!” I cried out and ran out of the room.

“Wait! Melissa!” Dean yelled as he came running out of the room and chased after me. I could tell Sam was right behind him. All the while, I was still holding onto the damn note.

I ran outside as they both followed and I raced to my truck, jumping up onto the tire and hopping over onto the bed of the truck. It was gone. My bike was gone. She took my bike! I stood there, staring at the empty space where my bike once was…in the place of it was a blanket and some rope on top of the compartment where my hunting gear was. I jumped back down and put my hands on top of my head.

“Melissa, tell us what’s going on” Sam demanded. “Where is Brittney?” Dean demanded as well.

I ignored them both and punched the side of the truck, making a dent. It was so hard, some paint came onto my knuckles as they became red immediately. I didn’t care about the dent…or the paint on my knuckles…or even that the pain in my hand was so bad…I cared about where Brit was.

Melissa!” Dean yelled so I would look at him and he had that serious, hard look. I felt the tears build up in my eyes.

“She’s gone. Dean, she’s gone. She took the key to my bike and ran away with it while I was sleeping. I…I…I don’t know where she went or even where she could’ve gone…”

Then I froze and I looked at Dean and Sam’s faces. “Last night…last night she asked me if I ever wondered what it would be like if she never came with me…I didn’t know where it came from and I just thought it was one of her random questions because she has a lot of them…I should’ve known…I could’ve stopped her!” I felt the tears flow down my cheeks.

“Shhh” Dean soothed as he brought me into his arms, hugging me and I buried my head into his shoulder.

I could tell he wasn’t sure what to say and I didn’t expect him to know…hey, I was still surprised by how he actually hugged me. “It’s okay, Mel…” he managed.

It was the first time he ever called me Mel…and I couldn’t even enjoy it. “It’s okay Mel…you didn’t know…” I heard Sam say as he put a hand on my back.

I pushed off of Dean and wiped my eyes. “I have to go after her” I said and turned to get in my truck.

Dean got in my way. “Whoa, hold up. You don’t even know where she went”

“Don’t care. I’m going to find her, she’s my family, Dean”

“Mel, I want her back just as much as you do but…” Sam started and I glared at him, causing him to shut up.

“No, I don’t think you do. You’re probably one of the major reasons why she left!” I snapped.

“Hey!” Dean snapped, gripping my shoulder and turning it so I would look at him.

I looked down at his hand and then back at him with hard eyes. “If anything, it’s your fault she ran off, she was so upset with everything her best friend couldn’t even see that”

“It’s no ones fault…” Sam tried but it was too late.

I brought up my left hand to push his hand off my shoulder and his arm went into the air. When it came back down to his side, I punched him square in the face with my right hand.

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that” I spat as he grabbed onto his jaw with his hand. I walked back inside to the motel as Sam raced after me and he followed me inside the room.

“Mel, I don’t like where your head is right now…”

“Well I don’t like where Brit is right now because she isn’t with me…” I said as I picked up the suitcase and grabbed my keys.

“Sam, just save your breath alright? I’m going to find Brit and when I do I’m going to beat the hell out of her until her pretty little face is so damaged no one will be able to recognize her” I said and then grabbed my keys off the counter and went to the door with my suitcase in hand.

But, Sam wouldn’t move. “Sam!” I yelled.

He gulped and straightened his posture. “No, I’m not letting you go. You’re too dangerous to go anywhere in your truck right now”

“Let the bitch go, she’ll do us a favor by getting out of our hair” Dean commented as he leaned against the opposite wall, holding an ice pack to his face.

Sam looked almost like a deer in head lights afraid of me punching his face in. I smirked smugly at him. “I wont punch you Sam, I promise. Your brother just irritates me” I said and physically pushed Sam out of the way lightly and I continued down the hallway.

“I’m not a little girl and I can take care of myself…” I said as we got outside. Then I turned to face him. “I’ll try to keep you posted” I promised.

He just nodded and then I spun around and rushed to my truck. I jumped up and got in the drivers seat, throwing my suitcase in the back. I threw it into reverse, flooring it, making skid marks, then I got it into drive and sped out of the parking lot. This bitch was not leaving without a fight.

I looked for Brittney all hours day and night, staying caffeinated. I could feel myself getting closer to her…I don’t know how but I could feel it. I tried her cell again…knowing nothing different would happen…but I had hope.

Third Person

While Melissa was killing herself looking for Brittney, Sam and Dean were on a case. It involved a man named Daniel Elkins and they know for sure it’s a case because they got to his house and there were all sorts of clues but they didn’t exactly know what they were dealing with. They left the house and went to the post office to get into Elkins PO Box to see if anything was inside there. Once they were done inside, they started heading back to the Impala.

“Man…it feels weird not having Brittney or Melissa around” Sam mentioned. “We’re better off without them” Dean muttered, not wanting to talk about it.

Ever since his small fight with Melissa, he’s been more serious than ever. He wasn’t cracking jokes or being sarcastic…he was unhappy with the way things went down before Melissa went to find Brittney without him. He didn’t want her to leave. He cared about her. Even though he wont show it to anyone, he cared about her just as much as he cared about Sammy. He cared about Brit too though. He developed a small friendship with her and believe it or not, he wanted to be really good friends with her. She wasn’t annoying and didn’t talk back. But it was those qualities in Melissa that he found such a turn on. He liked how she argued with him on some things and then agreed with him on other things. Sometimes it got them to argue and then he would think about what it would be like if they were together. If they were a couple and they fought, then they would have great make up sex…oh yea, hes thought about it. But, he never was able to tell her that. It shocked him how they even became close friends and it took forever just for that to happen. He didn’t agree with Sam out loud but internally he felt the same way. It was weird to not have the girls with them.

As they got inside the car, they examined the envelop that Sam was holding and they saw it was addressed to J.W. “J.W….you think? John Winchester?” Sam asked. “I don’t know. Should we open it?” Dean questioned.

But then they both jumped at the sound of knocks on the window. They turned to see it was John. “Dad?” Dean said, confused and John got in the backseat of the car, shutting the door. Both boys turned to face him. “Dad, what are you doing here? Are you all right?” Sam asked.

John was about to reply but then saw the big red welt on Dean’s cheek. “What happened to you?” he asked. “Melissa happened” Sam said, smirking, finding the whole event hilarious. “Shut up” Dean mumbled, snapping his eyes at his brother.

But Sam was so used to look, it didn’t phase him. John chuckled. “Where are the girls anyway?” he asked.

Sam became serious again as they both tensed. “Brit ran off…Mel went to go looking for her…” Sam said.

“And you let her go alone?” John said, furious.

“There was no stopping her dad” Dean said, monotonously.

John analyzed his son’s look and lightened up. “Alright, well she’ll be fine…but anyway, look, I read the news about Daniel. I got here as fast as I could. I saw you two up at his place” John continued.

“Why didn’t you come in, Dad?” Sam asked.

“You know why…because I had to make sure you weren’t followed, by anyone, or anything. Nice job of covering your tracks, by the way”

“Yeah, well, we learn from the best” Dean said, trying to force a smile. “Wait, so, you came all the way out here for this Elkins guy?” Sam asked.

John’s face went sad. “Yeah. He was….he was a good man. He was close to Will. The two of them taught me a hell of a lot about hunting”

“You never mentioned him to us” Sam stated.

"We had, uh….we had kind of a falling out. I hadn’t seen him in years…I should look at that” he said, pointing to the letter.

Dean handed it to him and John opened it up. “If you’re reading this, I’m already dead…that son of a bitch” he cursed. “What is it?” Dean asked quickly.

“He had it the whole time” John muttered. “Dad, what?” Sam asked, completely confused. “When you searched the place, did you see a gun? An antique…a Colt revolver, did you see it?” John demanded. “Uh, there was an old case, but it was empty” Dean said, looking at Sam.

He nodded and then they both looked back at John. “They have it”

“You mean, whatever killed Elkins?” Dean asked. “We’ve got to pick up the trail” John said as he got out of the car and Dean rolled down the window. “Wait. You want us to come with you?” Sam asked, incredulously.

“If Elkins was tellin’ the truth, we’ve got to find this gun” John replied, through the window.

“The gun? Why?” Sam asked. “Because it’s important, that’s why” John snapped but Sam still remained calm. “Dad, we don’t even know what these things are yet” Sam reasoned.

“They were what Daniel Elkins killed best…vampires”

“Vampires? I thought there was no such thing. Melissa said that shes only seen like one before, her dad killed it and that was the last of them” Dean said quickly.

“You never even mentioned them, Dad” Sam added.

“I thought they were extinct after Will killed that one…I thought Elkins and others had wiped the rest of them out…I was wrong”

So now, Dean and Sam were teamed up with their father to hunt down the vampires and get the gun that John knew was important. The boys couldn’t understand why but they trusted and stuck by their father anyway. They were ready to face anything along side their dad…but they had the girls on their mind…that’s never happened to them before. They never had specific girls on their mind while they were on the job (not including Jessica and Sarah being on Sam’s mind). This was going to be difficult for them…it was a new experience for them…especially for Dean. He never cared for a girl like he cares for Melissa…it was a big step up for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333