Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Everything Can Change in an Instant

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
In an instant…everything can change…it can be different…something bad could happen…something good could happen. I grew up knowing that one false move…can kill yourself…and others around you. In life you have to be a quick thinker…you cant hesitate…you cant stop to consider options…because in those moments where you’re hesitating and considering your options, someone could die. You could die. The point is…time is everything…and it should be used wisely. The time that I’ve had…I haven’t been using it wisely. I’ve been using it to keep secrets…from those closest to me…and I shouldn’t have done it. I still am doing it but it’s one of those things that is easier said than done.

So…time is an essence…and at the moment…time was something that I definitely was not using wisely. I stared. I stared at the Impala sitting there, totaled by the 18 wheeler sitting two feet away from it. John, Sam and Dean were all in there. I should’ve screamed. I should’ve ran to their aid right away. I’m not heartless, I’m really not…I can be a bitch but I’m not selfish. I was hoping that they would all pile out…it would be okay if they were limping and bleeding…but I needed to know they were alive…and there was no sign of it. No sign of life was coming from the area. No sound was heard. I know Brit was in the same state of shock as I was in because she sat motionless behind me.

“Melissa…” I heard her murmur.

"They‘re going to get out…they‘re going to get out…” I muttered…but it was more to myself. In a second, Brit jumped from the bike, running over to the crashed car. Then, it hit me. They weren’t getting out.

I jumped from my bike as well, not even bothering with the kick stand as I raced after Brit. We got to the car and approached the door slowly. “Sam?…Sam” Brit said, through the open window to Sam sitting in the drivers seat.

She put both hands on the door and I got right next to her as Sam started to open his eyes. “Brit…Mel?” he asked. “Yea, Sam it’s us. We’re going to call an ambulance…” she started.

I couldn’t even find my voice to speak when I looked at Dean in the back seat. “Dad…Dean?…Dean!” Sam yelled. “Shhh Sam. It’s okay. They’re going to be fine…” Brit promised and then I heard footsteps coming from behind us.

I looked up to see the truck driver was gone. I looked in the car and reached in to grab the Colt. I spun around, pointing it at the truck driver with such force, I thought the gun would actually break within my grip. I stood in between Brit and the driver as I stared at the coal-black eyes.

“Get back or I swear to God I will kill you” I said, grinding my teeth.

The gun was shaking in my hard grip but my finger was steady on the trigger. “No, you wont. You’re saving that one bullet for someone else” he said, smiling creepily.

I cocked the gun. “You really want to test me?” I glared.

The demon eyed me as I just eyed him back. Then the black smoke flew out of his mouth and into the air and the truck driver fell to the ground. I dropped my arms and relaxed and then I dropped the gun as well. The man started to stand up.

“Did I do this…oh God…” he started crying.

I ignored him as I turned around and opened the back seat door, holding Dean up the whole time since he was leaning in my direction. I got in, holding Dean against me and Brit took out her phone to call 911. Time is of the essence…and we just didn’t have enough of it.

~~~~~~~

Brittney’s POV

Everything was hectic once a helicopter and paramedics arrived. They took Dean, Sam and John right away as Sam was fighting them to see if Dean was alright. They took us too because they saw the few scratches we had from flying debris…we were lucky it wasn’t anything more serious than just scratches. We all got to the hospital and John was being tended to and while Mel went to go sit in Dean’s room once they had him set up, I was pacing outside Sam’s room just waiting for the last nurse to walk out. She did…and that was when I walked in. He looked over at me and smiled.

“Hey” he said, lightly.

“Hey” I replied, walking over to his bed and sitting down.

“I’m discharging today to just get out of this bed and go see dad and Dean…how are they?” he asked.

“Your dad is good. Nothing serious, he’s just asleep right now…”

“And Dean…”

I sighed and gave him a sad look. “He’s…in really bad shape Sam…I think it would just be best if you heard it from a doctor instead…but you don’t have to worry, he’s not alone…Mel’s in there with him… ”

“Is that supposed to make me feel better? Do you remember the last time she was in the hospital room with Dean?” he chuckled.

I laughed. “Hey, at least she actually made it into the room on her own this time…and she’s just sitting there. She wont move…” I said, smiling but then my smile faltered when I thought about her state of mind. I think he could tell my change of mood.

“How are you girls anyway?”

“We’re…holding up…”

“It was pretty unexpected, the way you both just showed up out of no where”

“Yea well…we like having a surprise method”

“I know” he grinned. “But…how did you…or how did Mel…”

“Move the gun over to her? It's...complicated"

He nodded. “Another story for another time”

“Yea…” my voice trailed off and all I could think about was how gentle his eyes were on me and how warm his smile made me feel….

My POV

I sat in silence, just staring at Dean’s lifeless body with machines being attached to him…I’m not sure how long it was but I just couldn’t speak. I guess it must have been a few hours because next thing I knew, Sam came through the door with Brit. I stood up.

“Hey” I said gently, walking over to him, hugging him with one arm. “How you doing?” I pulled away to look at him.

“I’m fine…”

Then a doctor walked in. “Your father’s awake. You can go see him if you like”

“Doc, what about my brother?” Sam asked and we were all looking at him intently.

“Well, he sustained serious injury…blood loss, contusions to his liver and kidney. But it’s the head trauma I’m worried about. There’s early signs of cerebral edema”

“What can we do?” Brit asked.

“Well, we won’t know his full condition until he wakes up…if he wakes up”

“If?” Sam asked in a panic.

“No, there wont be an if” I said, sternly.

“I have to be honest. Most people with his degree of injury wouldn’t have survived this long. He’s fighting very hard. But you need to have realistic expectations, kids”

I just ignored him and started pacing the room as the doctor left. “I have to go check on dad…” I heard Sam whispered.

“It’s okay, go ahead. I’m going to go get Mel something to eat. She hasn’t eaten in hours…”

“I’m not hungry” I snapped. They both just ignored me and left the room as I continued to move around. Before, I couldn’t move or speak…now I just cant stay still.

Dean’s POV

I stared at Brittney and Sam as they both left the room and all I could do was hope that Sam was going to go get some hoodoo priest to lay some mojo on me. Yea, I stooped down so low as to hoping. My eyes went to Melissa as she sat down in the same chair she was sitting in before and I just watched as she became restless, shaking her leg, sitting in different positions. I sat on the bed, by my feet, just staring at her being two feet away from me. Was it considered stalking if I was just invisible all together? I felt a little weird just staring at her…and at one point she seemed to get a little agitated and creeped out by her surroundings so she stood up to begin pacing again…but I just couldn’t tear my eyes away from her.

“Okay, look…” she finally said and I stood up.

She came over to my body…and she was inches away from me. As she stared down at…me…I stared down at her.

“This is how it’s gonna be. You are going to wake up, you, Sam and your dad are all going to get out of this freakin hospital and you and me are going to go to the nearest motel and have hot sex. Got it? So friggin get better already! Because I’d do anything just to get out of this hospital” she ranted and my eyes went wide.

I wasn’t sure if I heard her right. “What?” I asked, even though she couldn’t hear me.

I didn’t mean to but I felt my lips curve upward. I had no idea…well I guess I knew but I didn’t say (or do) anything about it because…well because Melissa isn’t just like other girls. I don’t know what it was…but with her…I could actually see myself treating her like a girlfriend…but if she found that out, she would think I’ve gone soft and I just couldn’t let that happen.

“I cant believe I just said that” she muttered, walking away, hanging her head back as she stared up. I admit…I was checking her out as she paced some more. Hey, I’m still a guy, what do you expect?

“Hey I got you some food…” Brittney said as she came walking into the room.

Melissa spun to face her. “I just told a dying Dean Winchester to get better so we could go to some motel and have hot sex…” she blurted and made a face saying even she knew she sounded crazy.

“And it was definitely a turn on” I laughed.

“Wow, am I invited?” Brit asked.

“Oh sure, now you joke” Mel sneered.

Brit laughed. “I’m sorry Mel but you’re just too funny sometimes…so how’s he doing anyway?”

“Still unresponsive…”

“Awww so he rejected your sex offer? Well there’s a first for everything”

“Brittney!”

“It’s only been one day Mel…”

“But how are you so comical right now?”

“I got it from you!” Melissa just folded her arms and didn’t respond.

I couldn’t help but find it adorable. I didn’t just say adorable…what is this girl doing to me?

My POV

Sam and Brit decided to go to Bobby’s junkyard to check out the Impala and my truck. My poor truck. I just couldn’t go and see my baby yet. I could only imagine what she looked like. I couldn’t just stay in Dean’s room either…so I went to go see John.

“Knock knock” I said, popping my head in.

“Hey” he grinned.

I walked in. “I brought you some regular food. I can only imagine what this place is feeding you but this food probably isn’t any better…actually, I wouldn’t even eat it if I were you. It’s heart attack food…” I rambled a little.

He laughed. “Sorry, I’m really bad at small talk…I talk too much when I feel awkward or out of place” I said but meant to keep the second part to myself.

“Well come over here and sit”

I walked over to him and sat down next to him on the bed. I guess he noticed I was distant though. “Did you need to ask me something?”

“Can you tell me more about your friendship with my dad? Why did he make it seem like you were only acquaintances?”

He sighed. “Because…something happened…between you and Dean…and your father found it hard forgiving Dean…and me…”

“What happened? It couldn’t have been that bad. My dad was a very forgiving person”

“I know he was…but when it came to you…you were his little girl…and he didn’t always think rationally…”

“You’re not going to tell me what happened are you” I assumed.

“I cant. I promised your father I wouldn’t…you’ll just have to wait and find out for yourself…” I left it at that.

We continued to talk as he reminisced on memories with my father and he told me crazy stories about the two of them. He had me laughing half the time. John was just as charming as his sons…damn these Winchester boys.

~~~

A bit later, Brit and Sam came barging through the door and I just looked up at them in confusion. I looked at Brit, wanting an explanation but she just had this hard look on her face.

“You’re quiet” John stated as Sam slammed his bag onto the bed.

“You think I wouldn’t find out?”

“What are you talkin’ about?”

“That stuff from Bobby. You don’t use it to ward off a demon, you use it to summon one. You’re planning on bringing the demon here, aren’t you, and having some stupid macho showdown!” Sam got in his face as I stood up.

“I have a plan, Sam”

“Your son is dying and you have a plan?” Brit spoke quietly but there was venom in her voice.

“You know what, you care more about killing this demon than you do saving your own son!” Sam continued to yell.

“Guys, hold up a second…” I tried to intervene.

“Do not tell me how I feel. I am doing this for Dean”

“How? How is revenge gonna help him? You’re not thinkin’ about anybody but yourself! It’s the same selfish obsession!”

“It’s funny, you know what, I thought this was your obsession, too! This demon killed your mother, killed your girlfriend….your family…” he looked at Brit and I and then back at Sam. “You begged me to be part of this hunt! Now, if you killed that damn thing when you had the chance, none of this would have happened!”

“It was possessing you, Dad, I would’ve killed you, too!”

“Yeah, and your brother would be awake right now!”

“Go to hell”

“I should have never taken you along in the first place. I knew it was a mistake!”

“Guys!” I yelled and then a glass of water flew off the bedside table and shattered on the floor with water everywhere. We all fell silent and they looked at me. “I didn’t do it I swear” I put my hands up.

All of a sudden, a bunch of doctors went running down the hallway toward Dean’s room and I flew out of the room with Sam and Brit right behind me. We got to the room and looked in as we saw doctors around him and everything was just going so fast. All I heard was random voices.

“All clear”

“Clear”

“No…” That one was Sam’s whisper.

“Still no pulse”

“Okay, let’s go again. 360”

“Charging”

“All clear”

“Clear”

“Still no pulse…clear”

“No change. I’m starting CPR”

Then…I heard a faint voice…I couldn’t make out what it had said but I wanted to believe it was Dean. I could tell Brit and Sam were thinking the same thing when I looked at them. I saw Sam was in tears but he wouldn’t let them fall and Brit was close to it as well…that was when I realized I had tear streaks on my face. “We have a pulse. We’re back into sinus rhythm” That was when we all took a sigh of relief and walked back into the hallway and just leaned against the hallway side by side.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333