Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

"She's an Amazing Hunter..."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Okay, so with all that drama set aside, our next case included vampires. It was great! I was so ready! We met this creepy hunter coming out of a bar, though. His name was Gordon. Let me mind you that this is only the beginning of Gordon. We found out we were working on the same case and he suggested we should leave. But then we saved his ass from a vampire on the pier and…Dean just got a little scary when he sliced the head off…it was gory and I almost threw up at the sight of the vampire’s blood splattered on his face but I managed. I’ve gotten much, much better with that stuff. While Dean got friendly with his new best friend, Sam was kidnapped and taken to the nest. He came back just to tell us they wanted us to stop hunting them. They weren’t killing people. They were vegetarians. Which explained the cow mutilations. Dean didn’t buy it though. So we all ended up going to where Sam was kidnapped and then…we met up with Gordon again…and things got even more interesting. He threatened Sam’s life, my life and the harmless vampire’s life, just to make a point to Dean. His sister that apparently was killed by a vampire…she wasn’t killed, she was turned into one…and Gordon killed her. Then the vampire proved to be good, we got her out of there and Gordon and Dean had a little fight. Then I helped him tie Gordon to a chair and some words were said and then we left. The case ended up being a good one since it proved that there are good creatures out there…but it was bad because it made us all wonder how many things we killed when they may have not needed to be killed.

The next case…was a sad and depressing one. We all went to the Lawrence cemetery because Sam felt it was right. Dean was so dead set against going but he cooperated. Instead of going to Mary’s grave stone, he came with me to my father’s instead…we had a moment…but it was gone when we saw some weird signs. A dead tree and dead grass shaped in a perfect circle. We decided to look into it and to make a very long story short, it ended up being a love-sick college boy wanting his best friend to be his girlfriend but she died and he brought her back to life. But when he did, she went around killing her boyfriend she broke up with since he cheated on her with her roommate…and then she went after the roommate but we got there in time…we just didn’t make it in time for the love-sick college boy because in the end when he agreed to help us put her back, she found out and killed him as well. Then, we tricked her back into her coffin and Dean stabbed her with a stake, finishing the job. He took this whole case a little too personally…but I was on his side for this…what’s dead should definitely stay dead.

Then, just to make things even more interesting, the next case we were on involved another kid like Sam and Brit…and I guess somewhat like me. This kid could command anything to anyone and they would have to obey. He even got Dean to give his car to this guy! It didn’t work on Brit and Sam though…and I was starting to think it didn’t work on me either but he just wasn’t strong enough. But, his evil twin brother who tried to kill this poor, innocent girl by making her jump off a wall into a dam…he was more powerful. He almost made me and Dean shoot each other’s brains out…it got pretty emotional…but the good twin, Brit and Sam saved the day…sadly, the evil twin died…but he was a psycho…at least, that’s how I try to look at it.

Now, here we are on another case. We were at the Roadhouse this morning and lets just say it wasn’t paradise. Ellen and Jo were yelling at each other like there was no tomorrow. We got the information on the case from Jo, which honestly was so well-organized that we thought Ash did it. We decided to check it out for her since the whole argument was about Ellen not letting Jo leave to do her own hunts. Over the past 80 years, six woman have vanished from the same building, in California, all were blondes. It only happened every decade or two so the cops never saw the pattern. I did feel bad for taking Jo’s case and so did Sam and Brit but then Dean mentioned something; he asked if we could see Jo out here on the case. Honestly, I really couldn’t. So I convinced myself that this was for the best.

We found ectoplasm in the apartment that had the most recent murder and it only meant one seriously pissed off spirit. I thought we were going to be getting somewhere…ready to head back out, find a motel and do some research…but then you’ll never guess who showed up. Jo. She came walking down the hallway with the realtor guy for the apartment building and she started acting like her and Dean were together and told the dude they would take it, handing him a wad of cash. So, no. Now, we’re in the apartment but with Jo this time. It wasn’t even the fact that we had to stay that ticked me off…it was Jo’s presence that agitated me.

Dean and Sam were loading all of the guns as Brit and Jo did some research and I just pretended like I was helping. “I’ll flip you for the sofa” she said to me. “Does your mother even know you’re here?” I asked her.

It wasn’t rude. I didn’t glare. It was a simple question. “I told her I was going to Vegas”

“You think she’s gonna buy that?” Dean asked her.

“I’m not an idiot. I got Ash to lay a credit card trail all the way to the casinos”

“You know, you shouldn’t lie to your mom. You shouldn’t be here, either” he said, shaking his head.

“Well, I am. So untwist your boxers and deal with it”

“Where’d you get all that money from, anyways?” Sam asked.

“Working at the Roadhouse”

“Hunters don’t tip that well” Dean stated.

“It’s true” both Brit and I agreed. We would know.

“Well, they aren’t that good at poker, either”

Then Dean’s phone started to ring and he stood up and walked a few feet away to answer it. “Oh, hi, Ellen” he spoke and Jo got to him and they both argued for a few seconds through clenched teeth but Dean gave in and lied to Ellen, telling her he hasn’t seen Jo.

A while later, Sam, Brit and Jo were sitting at the kitchen table while Jo was twirling a knife on the table, Dean paced and I sat pulled a chair over, sat down and I started shaking my leg a little. “This place was built in 1924. It was originally a warehouse, converted into apartments a few months ago” Jo informed us.

“Yeah? What was here before 1924?” I asked, looking at her but still shaking my leg a little.

“Nothing. Empty field”

“So, most likely scenario…someone died bloody in the building, and now he’s back and raising hell” Sam concluded.

“I already checked. In the past eighty-two years, zero violent deaths, unless you count a janitor who slipped on a wet floor” she answered and then looked at Dean.

“Would you sit down please?” she asked him and he exchanged a look with Sam before sitting down.

“So, have you checked the police reports? County death records?” he asked.

“Obituaries, mortuary reports, and seven other sources. I know what I’m doing” she said with a little attitude.

“I think the jury’s still out on that one…” he started to say but paused. “Could you put the knife down?” he asked her and she did, reluctantly.

“Okay. So, it’s something else, then. Maybe some kind of cursed object that brought the spirit with it” Sam said.

“We’ve gotta scan the whole building. Whatever we can get to, right?” Jo asked us.

“Right. So, you and me…we’ll take the top two floors…you know you’re shaking the whole floor with your leg?” he looked at me. I gave him a you’re kidding look. “Never mind” he said quickly.

“Mmhmm” I said, smirking but I did stop my leg. “We’d move faster if we split up” Jo mentioned. “Oh, this isn’t negotiable” Dean stated and he was right.

So while we all split up, Dean and Jo went one way, Sam went another and then Brit and I went in another. We were walking around for a while but found nothing so we decided to head back to the room.

“Ya know…Dean was undressing you with his eyes today” Brit said.

I scoffed. “Brit, cut it out with the Dean stuff…you told me to not interfere with you and Sam so you should do the same for Dean and I”

“I’m not interfering though, I’m simply stating a fact”

“Fine, then I’ll simply state that Sam was checking out your ass yesterday and you were completely oblivious to it” I smirked, smugly.

“Okay, fine it’s no fun…”

“Exactly”

“But…it happened as soon as Jo showed up…”

I hesitated. “Okay, that makes it a little better” I smiled to myself and she laughed.

But, then I shushed her when I heard Dean and Jo’s voices. “…it’s bad enough I lied to your mom, but if you think I’m letting you out of my sight…I don’t know if you noticed, but you’re kind of the spirit’s type” Dean said.

“Exactly” Jo said like she knew exactly what she was talking about.

“You want to be bait?”

“Quickest way to draw it out, and you know it” Dean scoffed.

“What?”

“I’m so regretting this” I heard him mutter.

“You know, I’ve had it up to here with your crap” she snapped at him and it sounded like they had stopped walking.

“Excuse me?”

“Your chauvinist crap. You think women can’t do the job”

“Sweetheart, this ain’t gender studies. Women can do the job fine. Amateurs can’t. You’ve got no experience. What you do have is a bunch of half-baked romantic notions that some barfly has put in your head”

“And now, you sound like my mother”

“Oh, and that’s a bad thing? ‘Cause let me tell you…”

“What?” she snapped but he hesitated.

“Forget it"

“No, you started this”

“Jo, you’ve got options. No one in their right mind chooses this life. My dad started me on this when I was so young, I wish I could do something else”

“You love the job”

“Yeah, but I’m a little twisted”

“You don’t think I’m a little twisted, too?”

“Jo, you’ve got a mother that worries about you, who wants something more for you. Those are good things. You don’t throw things like that away. They might be hard to find later”

She stayed silent and it sounded like he was about to leave but she stopped him. “Why did you let Brittney and Melissa go alone? Brittney’s a match for the spirit too…”

“Because no matter what happened between you and Melissa, I know she’d take care of Brittney no matter what…and she’s a good hunter. She’s an amazing hunter even…and so is Brittney, so I know she can take care of herself. They both can” he answered.

Brit and I looked at each other. “Did he just call us…” I started. “Yea…I think he did…” Brit said.

“You know if you two ever quit hunting, you should go into the CIA, you’d be really good at it” a voice chuckled and we jumped a little but calmed down when we saw it was Sam.

He laughed some more. “Well we should form a club, you could be our wingman” I said with a proud smile, jokingly.

“As long as I get my fair share of field time”

“Deal” Brit confirmed. I just laughed and rolled my eyes at the two dorks as I walked away. I walked back to the apartment with a smile on my face.

~~

The next morning came and I opened my eyes slightly to check out my surroundings. I saw Jo at the kitchen table, twirling her knife again and Dean started to wake up. I could barely sleep but I tried. I kept my eyes shut and listened to Dean’s footsteps as he stood.

“Morning, princess” she commented.

“Where’s Sam and Brittney?” he asked her.

“Went to get coffee”

“Ugh, my back. How’d you sleep on that big, soft bed?”

“I didn’t…I couldn’t. Mel could barely sleep without tossing and turning…and she talked a little…so I came over here to try and block her out…I’d just been going over everything” she replied.

I felt eyes on me, so I just laid still. I listened to him go over to a duffle bag and take something out before going back over to her. “Here. It’ll work a hell of a lot better than that little pig stick you’ve been twirling around” he said and my heart sank a little as I knew what he was talking about now.

“William Anthony Harvelle” she spoke and I knew she showed him the initials on her knife.

“I’m sorry. My mistake…your dads had the same first name?”

“Yea…ironic huh” she laughed a little but without humor. “What do you…what do you remember about your dad? I mean, what’s the first thing that pops into your head?” she asked him and he didn’t respond at first…but now I really couldn’t go back to sleep.

“I was six or seven. And, uh…he took me shooting for the first time. Bottles on a fence…that kind of thing. I bull’s-eyed every one of ‘em. And he gave me this smile, like…I don’t know”

“He must have been proud”

I shot up in my spot and pulled out my sketchbook quickly. “Melissa?” Dean spoke.

But I ignored him. “He must have looked like this” I said, gently and opened to a sketch of John with a very proud smile on his face.

“Yea…he looked just like that…” he said and eyed me carefully but I looked over at Jo, ignoring him.

“What about your dad?” I asked.

“Eavesdropping huh” she smirked.

“Well, you know me” I shrugged. I already knew the story about her dad…and she knew I knew…but I asked anyway.

“I was still in pigtails when my dad died, but…I remember him coming home from a hunt. And he’d burst through that door like…like Steve McQueen or something. And he’d sweep me up in his arms, and I’d breathe in that old leather jacket of his. And my mom, who was sour and pissed from the minute he left…she started smiling again. And we were…we were a family…you wanna know why I wanna do the job? For him. It’s my way of being close to him. Now, tell me, what’s wrong with that?”

“Nothing” Dean answered.

Then I flipped to another page and discreetly showed Dean it was a sketch of all three of our dads together, laughing. He eyed the sketch…and then he eyed me again.

Then the door opened and I slid the sketchbook under the blanket as Sam and Brit came walking in. “Where’s the coffee?” Dean asked. “There are cops outside. Another girl disappeared” Brit answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333