Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

The Bomb Has Been Dropped

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Okay…so Dean had told us that John said he might have to kill Sam and I might have to kill Brit…and now Sam’s missing, Brit is out there somewhere looking for him and Dean and I were tied to chairs, in some kind of rundown house. Yea, things were just going peachy for us. Wanna know who our kidnapper was? Gordon. Yep, so can you just imagine how things were going for us? Usually I was good in combat but he got us off guard, I told Brit to run and find Sam and then Gordon choked me until I passed out. Before I opened my eyes, I paid attention to what was around me. I couldn’t hear any cars, so we weren’t near a close road. I could smell wet wood so I guessed we were in some kind of cabin and my arms felt a burning sensation and I couldn’t move…so I just guessed I was tied with ropes.

“Well, well, well look who’s waking up” I heard Gordon say as my vision went from blurry to clear.

I saw Dean was tied up as well to another chair. “Well, well, well look who got out of the ropes. Finally had enough of shitting your pants Gordon, just wanted to come looking for more huh” I managed a weak smile.

“Gordy, I know Brit, Sam, Mel and I ain’t exactly your favorite people, but don’t you think this is a little extreme?” Dean intervened before Gordon could reply.

“What, you think this is revenge?”

“Well, we did leave you tied up in your own mess for three days…which was awesome” he said and we both chuckled. “Sorry, I shouldn’t laugh”

Shouldn’t laugh” I said, letting out a small laugh.

“Yeah. I was definitely planning on whoopin’ your ass for that”

“Mm-hmm” Dean voiced.

“But that’s not what this is. This isn’t personal. I’m not a killer, Dean. I’m a hunter…and your brother’s fair game…and I would be sorry about how poor Brittney has to get in the line of fire…but then I heard that she’s just like him”

I grinded my teeth and narrowed my eyes. “She caught up with little Sammy just now in case you were wondering…see, I was doing an exorcism down in Louisiana…teenage girl, seemed routine, some low-level demon. But between all the jabbering and the head-spinning, the damn thing muttered something about a coming war. Now, I don’t think it meant to. It just kind of slipped out. But it was too late…peaked my interest. And you can really make a demon talk if you’ve got the right tools” he did a little monologue.

“And what happened to the girl it was possessing?” Dean asked.

“She didn’t make it”

“Well, you’re a son of a bitch” I spat.

Then all of a sudden, his hand collided with my face and a loud, hideous sound filled the room. “Hey!” Dean yelled at the top of his lungs, grunting.

“That’s my mama you’re talkin’ about” Gordon said, getting close to my face.

I looked up at him, managing a smile as I felt the welt form on my cheek. He straightened his posture and turned away. Dean was giving me a hard look…but it wasn’t one of his hard serious looks, it was a hard, caring look. I mouthed ‘It’s okay’ to him so he would just chill out a little.

“Anyway, this demon tells me they have soldiers to fight in this coming war…humans fighting on hell’s side, you believe that? I mean, they’re psychics, so they’re not exactly pure humans, but still…what kind of worthless scumbag you’ve gotta be to turn against your own race. But you know the biggest kick in the ass? This demon said I knew two of ‘em our very own Sammy Winchester and Brittney Hails…I even heard some interesting stories about you Melissa Stern”

Dean chuckled. “Oh, this is a whole new level of moronic, even for you”

“Yeah? Come on, Dean. I know about Sam and Brittney’s visions…I even know about some of your dreams…I know everything”

Dean laughed. “Really? Because a demon told you? Yeah, and it wasn’t lying”

“Hey, Dean. I’m not some reckless yahoo, okay? I did my homework. Made damn sure it was true. Look, you got your Roadhouse connections, I got mine. It’s how I found Sammy and Brit in the first place. About a month ago, I found another one of these freaks here in town. He could deep-fry a person just by touching them”

“Yeah, did he kill anyone?” I snapped.

“Besides Mr. Tinkles, the cat? No. But he was working up to it. They’re all gonna be killers…I know you’re not a killer though Melissa, you’re just an innocent little girl, having dreams because of a very traumatic event in your past…you just want to follow in your daddy’s footsteps”

“Go to hell!” I grunted.

Gordon cocked his gun and regarded my outburst. “We’ve gotta take ‘em all out. And that means Sammy and Brittney too”

“You think Sam and Brittney are stupid enough to walk through that front door?” Dean questioned.

“No, I don’t. Especially since I’m sure you found a way to warn him. You really think I’m that stupid?”

Dean smirked and I could only imagine what he was thinking. “No…Sammy and his little girlfriend are gonna scope the place first, see me covering the front door. So they’re gonna take the back. And when they do, they hit the tripwire. Then…boom”

“They’re not gonna fall for a friggin’ tripwire”

“Maybe you’re right…that’s why I’ll have a second one” Dean began to stare him down. “Hey, look…I’m sorry. I wish I didn’t have to do this, I really do. But for what it’s worth…it’ll be quick” he said and walked away to set the traps.

Dean and I exchanged panicked looks and then tried to cover them up when he came back over to us. “Come on, man. I know Sam better than anyone. He’s got more of a conscience than I do. I mean, the guy feels guilty surfing the internet for porn”

I could just hear the little panic in Dean’s voice. “Maybe you’re right. But one day, he’s gonna be a monster…they both will be”

“How, huh? How’s a guy like Sam and a girl like Brittney become a monster?” I asked.

“Beats me. But they will”

“No, you don’t know that!” Dean yelled.

“I’m surprised at you, Dean…getting all emotional. I’ve heard you were more of a professional than this. Look, let’s say you were cruisin around in that car of yours, and you had Little Hitler riding shotgun, right? Back when he was just some goofy, crappy artist. But you knew what he was gonna turn into someday. You’d take him out, no questions, am I right?”

“That’s not Sam”

“Yes, it is. You just can’t see it yet. Dean, it’s his destiny. Look…I’m sympathetic. He’s your brother, you love the guy. This has gotta hurt like hell for you. But here’s the thing. You would’ve wrecked him. But your Dad? If it really came right down to it, he would’ve had the stones to do the right thing here. But you’re telling me…you’re not the man he is?” he said and stuffed a handkerchief in Dean’s mouth.

“Hey you son of a bitch, why don’t you just shut your face already. It’s starting to really annoy me” I snapped and he spun around quickly to smack me a again and I felt the welt get bigger.

Dean tried yelling but he couldn’t. It was just a muffled noise coming from his throat. “Melissa…I’m surprised at you too actually. The daughter of William Stern is willing to save monsters like the ones Sam and Brittney will be…but you knew that from the very start didn’t you”

I glared up at him, trying not to make my gasps visible since the second slap hurt like hell. “I did my homework on you too Melissa…all your life you’ve had enhanced senses. Part of it came from your father teaching you how to be more observent…but another part of it was from your mother screwing up. She went around screwing other men…”

“Shut up!” I yelled.

“Oh, so I’m on the right track then…one of those men was a demon. He got your mommy pregnant but she had a miscarriage and then the little whore got pregnant again but with her husband and this time it was still different…”

Tears started to build up in my eyes.

“Your mom had demon cells inside her and they spread into your blood stream. You see and sometimes hear things before they happen…it’s because of the demonic cells inside you…technically when you were born, you were half demon…but you were able to grow out of it. You’ve made progress. It’s not as bad as it used to be…and you’re lucky I’m feeling generous because I should blow you away right now”

“I am full human” I murmured as the tears were just flowing.

“Whatever helps you sleep…but then your little whore of a mommy died while giving birth to you and…your father remarried to someone who actually loved him. Good for him…”

“You sick bastard! Go to freaking Hell!” I screamed this time.

Everything he said was right…and my heart started to re-break all over again for my father…I couldn’t even look at Dean. I didn’t want him to see how pathetic I really was.

“Oh shh shh shh…” Gordon came behind me, petting my head slowly as he stuffed a handkerchief in my mouth as well.

I heard the sound of a lock being picked coming from the back, on the other side of the wall. “You hear them?” he whispered.

Then I heard the door open slowly and an explosion was sounded as Dean and I tried to yell out. “Oh no not yet. Just wait and see” Then there was an even louder explosion and debris came flying into the room.

“Sorry guys” he said and took his rifle, heading into the other room.

In seconds, I heard a few thumps and grunts as Dean and I sat in silence…waiting…anticipating. Then, Sam and Brit came running into the room. Brit raced to me as Sam raced to Dean and they untied us both. We ripped the gags out of our mouths.

“Son of a…” Dean started and I jumped forward to race into the other room and just kill the friggin shit head.

But, Brit wrapped her arms around my waist to stop me and Sam stopped Dean from doing the same thing.

“Melissa, Dean, no” she said sternly as I lightened up and just hung my head.

“I let him live once, I’m not making the same mistake twice” Dean said with a lot of anger in his voice. “Trust me. Gordon’s taken care of. Come on” Sam said and we all ran out of the building.

Then seconds later, Gordon came out and started shooting at us. “You call this taken care of?!” Dean snapped and then we all ducked behind a log. “What the hell are we doing?”

“Just trust me on this, all right?” Sam said as Gordon continued shooting and suddenly, police cars showed up.

“Drop your weapons! Get down on your knees! Do it, now!” one yelled and he obeyed.

We watched him be taken away. “Anonymous tip” Sam said.

“You’re a fine, upstanding citizen, Sam” Dean grinned.

I couldn’t even manage a fake smile. It wasn’t fair because I couldn’t enjoy this moment. Then Dean’s grin vanished when he looked at me. I couldn’t even look into his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~

“That son of a bitch” Brit hissed in the passenger seat. I nodded. We were right behind the boys on the road. Then she lightened up. “And Dean heard everything”

“Dean heard everything” I confirmed. “I’m not a monster” I sobbed a little.

“I know you’re not hon…it was your destiny to kill monsters, not be one…”

“And it’s not your destiny to be a monster either” I snapped at her.

“Mel you cant protect me from this”

“I can try” I said.

“Mel…Mel pull over okay. It’s okay” she stressed in a panic kind of way and I didn’t know why.

But, then I realized I had more tears flowing down my face. So, I pulled off to the side of the road. I shut the truck off and just sat there, crying. “It’s okay” Brit cooed as she leaned over to hug me.

I hugged back as I saw the boys turning around to come back for us. “Come on, get out, I’m driving” she ordered.

I obeyed and got out of the truck as Sam and Dean got out of the Impala. “Everything okay girls?” Sam asked.

“Yea, just switching seats” Brit answered and I still avoided Dean‘s stare.

“So…Amsterdam?” Sam asked him. “Amsterdam” he confirmed.

“Okay, you girls just follow us. I have to check one more thing before we leave…I feel like it’s important” Sam said and we nodded as we got back into the truck.

We started driving again. “Ya know…Dean was undressing you with his eyes…again...” Brit began. “Brit don’t start with me” I warned her.

“I’m just saying…he was undressing you, doing very dirty things to you…” she said and that made me burst out laughing.

Just hearing her say something like that made me laugh. “Bitch” I muttered. “Hoe” she replied with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333