Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Restlesness Can Turn On You

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Brittney’s POV

It’s been a week maybe two and we’ve been doing all the research we could to see if we could find out how to solve this extremely weird case. I was still kind of out of it ever since Sam and I were possessed…it was horrible. Watching myself beat up that hunter…I don’t like to think about it. But at the moment, we were all cooped up in a hotel room and frankly…we were getting annoyed with one another. I was going through Melissa’s sketchbook just to see if there were any new sketches and I wanted to re-look at some of them because honestly, they were really good. Mel looked over at me and shrugged as she went over to Dean who was sitting on Sam’s bed eating a plate of really greasy fries. Just looking at him wanted to make me hurl. Mel went over to him and sat down beside him, she went to grab some fries but he pulled them away from her. She smacked his cheek lightly and playfully and he furrowed his eyebrows as she grabbed a handful and put some in her mouth. He glared playfully at her and she just smirked. They were arguing earlier…and now they’re not…

“Dude, you mind not eating those on my bed?” Sam asked with some attitude, directing it at Dean but eyeing them both.

Dean put more in his mouth. “No, I don’t mind”

“Sorry Sammy” Mel smirked, standing up and walked over to Sam. “How’s the research going?” she asked.

“You know how it’s going? Slow. You know how it would go a heck of a lot faster? If I had my computer” he snapped. It wasn’t directed at her, though, it was directed at Dean.

Mine had a virus and needed to be fixed so I couldn’t even give him mine and he was very…annoyed. “Oh okay then” Mel said, backing off.

I watched her look at Dean and they exchanged looks. He made a face and shook his head as if saying don’t worry about him. She just shrugged and Dean started playing some music. Sometimes I just wish they would go out already…this thing between them was stupid…

“Hey Mel…those are my jeans” I heard my voice out of nowhere.

“Yea? And? Since when do you care when I wear your clothes? You wear mine all the time” she said.

“Well do you mind at least not rubbing your dirty fingers on them?” I snapped.

“No, I don’t mind. It’s not bothering me. Thanks for asking though” she smiled smugly and Dean snickered.

She gave me a look and just sat on the floor and laid on her stomach. Sometimes when people are really annoyed…they just talk without thinking…I was thinking of saying, “those are my jeans” but instead, my annoyance took over and I said it. The passed couple days have been really long.

“Can you turn that down, please?” Sam snapped at Dean. “Yeah, absolutely” he said and only made it louder.

“You know what? Maybe you should just go somewhere for a while, huh?”

“Yeah, maybe you should go with him” I added, looking down at Melissa.

Dean shut the music off. “Hey, I’d love to. That’s a great idea. Unfortunately, my car’s all screwed to hell” Dean raised his voice.

“And my truck is trashed!” Mel yelled at me. “Plus I wouldn’t wanna go with him anyway because I still don’t know where my music went!” she yelled at Dean.

“I told you I didn’t touch your tapes!” he yelled back.

“Like I told you I didn’t touch the truck” I yelled at Mel.

“And like I told you, I didn’t have anything to do with the car!” Sam yelled at Dean.

“Yea well there’s a difference between me and all of you…I’m telling the truth” he said, pointedly.

We were all about to object to that but there was a knock at the door. I got up to go answer it but I tripped over Mel and fell flat on my face. I groaned in aggravation as she tried to keep her laughing subtle. So then Sam got up, helped me up but then walked over Mel as she stood up by herself and he answered the door. It was Bobby.

“Hey Bobby”

“Boys. Girls” he greeted and Sam let him in, closing the door behind him.

“Hey Bobby” we all said as we stood side by side, facing Bobby.

“It’s good to see you again so soon”

“Yeah, thanks for coming” Sam said.

“Thank God you’re here” Dean spoke.

“So…what didn’t you wanna talk to me on the phone about?” Bobby asked.

“It’s this job that we‘ve been working on. We weren’t sure you’d really believe us” I said.

“Well, I can believe a lot”

“Yeah, I know. It’s just…I’ve never even seen anything like this” Mel said. “We’ve never seen anything even close” Dean added. “And we thought we could use some fresh eyes” Sam said.

“Why don’t you begin at the beginning?” Bobby suggested and we all took a seat.

I crossed my legs on the bed I’ve been sitting on. Dean and Sam sat down on two different beds, Melissa sat down on the floor, putting her legs straight out in front of her and she bent forward a few times to stretch a little before sitting up straight. Bobby sat down in a chair.

“So, it all started when we caught wind of an obit. See, a professor took a nosedive from a fourth-story window, only there’s a campus legend that the building is haunted. So, we pre-texted as reporters from the local paper…” Sam started the story and we all went into flashback mode.

Sam and I were at a bar talking to some frat boy, Curtis and his girlfriend, Jen. “Yeah, we both had that professor for Ethics and Morality. Professor Cox” Curtis started.

“Yeah? So, why do you think he did it?” Sam asked.

“Who knows? He was tenured, wife and kids. His book was, like, a really big deal. Then again, who’s to say it was suicide?” Jen stated. “Jen, come on” Curtis interfered.

“Well, what else could it be?” I asked.

“Well, you know about Crawford Hall?” Jen asked.

“No. We don’t, actually”

“It’s a bunch of crap. It’s a total urban legend” Curtis said. “Yeah, well, Heather’s mom went to school here, and she knew the girl” Jen continued.

“Wait, what girl?” I asked.

“Like, thirty years ago, this girl was having an affair with some professor. He broke it off. She jumped out the window and killed herself”

“You know her name?”

“No. But they say she jumped from Room 669. Get it? You turn the nine upside down…” We both nodded. “So, now she haunts the building. And anyone who sees her…they don’t live to tell the tale”

“Well, if no one lives to tell the tale, then how does the tale get told?” Curtis inquired. “Curtis! Shut up!”

“You know what, thanks a lot, guys. Excuse us” Sam said and we walked over to Dean who was taking shots. “Dean, what are you drinking?” Sam asked and Dean burped, looking incredibly dizzy.

“I don’t know, man. I think they’re called purple nurples” he started laughing.

“Where’s Melissa?” I asked. He nodded in a direction.

We both turned to see Mel get up on a table and she started dancing. “Oh god” I muttered, shaking my head.

“We’ll get her later…listen, I think maybe we should go check out the professor’s office” Sam said.

“Oh, no, no. I can’t right now, because I’ve got a feisty little wildcat on the hook, and I’m about to reel her in. I’ll introduce you” Dean slurred.

“Dean…”

“Starla! Starla, hey” he said as a blond girl in fishnets and heels turned around and took a shot.

“This is my shuttle co-pilot, Major Tom and his little non-girlfriend. Major Tom, non-girlfriend…Starla”

“Mm, enchanté” she said, being tipsy, putting an arm around Dean.

“Hi” we both said.

Then she covered her mouth as if she was about to vomit. “Sorry. Just trying to keep my liquor down”

“Yeah, good job…” Then he looked at Sam. “Hey, good news. She’s got a sister” he grinned.


That was mine and Sam’s version of what happened. “Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a minute” Mel interrupted as she crossed her legs, sitting up straight.

“What?” Sam asked.

“Come on, dude, that’s not how it happened” Dean said.

“No? So, you never drank a purple nurple?” I questioned.

“Yeah, maybe that…”

“I never got up a table and started dancing” Mel narrowed her eyes. “And I don’t say things like ‘feisty little wildcat’…and her name wasn’t Starla” Dean said.

“Then what was it?” Sam asked, sarcastically.

“I don’t know. But she was a classy chick. She was a grad student…Anthropology and Folklore. We were talking about local ghost stories…” Ready for Dean’s version? Here we go.

Dean was at the bar in a tux, looking very James Dean-like with a sophisticated blond head in an elegant black dress. They raised up their shot glasses. “Here’s to…”

“Here’s to us” Dean finished for her and they drank.

“My God, you are attractive” the girl stressed.

“Thanks. But no time for that now. You need to tell me about this urban legend. Please…lives are at stake”

“I’m sorry, I just…I can’t even concentrate. It’s like staring…into the sun”

Then he leaned into her and they started kissing. Then Sam and I showed up. “Dean, what do you think you’re doing?!” Sam yelled in a…very gay voice.

“Sam, please. If you wouldn’t mind just giving me five minutes here”

“Where’s Melissa?” I asked.

He nodded in a direction and Mel was on a table dancing with some very hot guy to a slow dance. “Dean, this is a very serious investigation. We don’t have time for any of your blah, blah, blah, blah. Blah, blah, blah, blah! Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah! Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!”

Dean continued to kiss the girl. “Blah, blah, blah!”


Yea like his version was any better than ours. “Right. And that’s how it really happened” I said, sarcastically. Dean shrugged. “I don’t sound like that, Dean!” Sam claimed.

“That’s what you sound like to me” Dean said, simply.

“I wasn’t on a table!” Mel yelled and gave Dean a very bad look.

“Okay, what’s going on with you four?” Bobby asked.

“Nothing, it’s nothing” I insisted.

“Come on. You’re bickering like old married couples”

“No, see, married couples can get divorced. Me and him? We’re like Siamese twins” Dean said, gesturing to Sam.

“It’s conjoined twins” Sam sighed.

“See what I mean?”

“And what about them?” Bobby asked Dean about Mel and I.

“They’re like pieces of gum that you cant get off of the bottom of your shoe…” Dean said.

Excuse us but you’d be lost without us” I snapped. “Yea! And at least we knew what the difference is between Siamese and conjoined you moron” Mel spat and her and Dean were glaring at each other.

“Look, we’ve just been on the road for too long, tight quarters, all that. Don’t worry about it” Sam ended it.

“Okay” Bobby nodded, unconvinced.

“So, anyway. We figured it might be a haunting, so we went to check out the scene of the crime…” Sam continued and we all went back into flashback mode.

The boys were posing as DSL installers while Mel and I were in training. The janitor let us into professor Cox’s office. “I’ve been mopping this floor for six years…” the janitor started as he turned the lights on and Sam took out the EMF meter. “What the heck’s that for?”

“Just for finding wires in the walls” Mel smiled at him.

“Huh. Well, not sure why you’re wiring up this office. Not gonna do the professor much good”

“Why’s that?” Dean asked.

“He’s dead”

“Oh, what happened?” I asked.

“He went out that window, right there”

“Yeah?”

“Mm-hmm”

“Were you working that night?” Sam asked.

“I’m the one who found him” he answered and Dean started to eat some gum balls from the jar on the desk.

“You see it happen?”

“Nope. I just saw him come up here and, uh…”

“What?” Mel asked.

“He wasn’t alone”

“Who was he with?” Dean asked with two cheeks full of gum balls.


“Come on! I ate one, maybe two” Dean claimed. “Just let me tell it, okay?” Sam snapped. “If you say I get up on the desk and start dancing…” Mel threatened and he chuckled before continuing.

“He was with a young lady. I told the cops about it, but I guess they never found her”

“You saw this girl go in, huh? But did you ever see her come out?” Sam asked.

“Now that you mention it, no”

“You ever see her before, or around?” I asked.

“Not her”

“What do you mean?” Dean asked, still chewing.

“I don’t mean to cast aspersions on a dead guy, but, uh…Mister Morality here? He brought a lot of girls up here. Got more ass than a toilet seat” Dean laughed and Mel tried to hide her giggles.

“One more thing. This building…it only has four stories, right?” Sam asked

“Yeah”

“So, there wouldn’t be a Room 669?” I asked.

“Of course not. Why do you ask?”

“Just curious. Thanks”

“Sure”

We got back to the motel room. “Well, no traces of EMF, that’s for sure” Sam said. “Yeah, and that Room 669 is a load of crap” Dean commented.

“So, what do you think? Professor’s just a jumper? The legend’s just a legend?”

"I don’t know. I mean, the girl the janitor described…that’s pretty weird"

“Yeah”

“We ought to check out the history of the building. See if any co-ed ganked herself there” Mel suggested and I nodded, agreeing with her.

“Yeah, you’re right” he said and opened up his laptop. “Dude, were you on my computer?” Sam asked Dean.

“No”

“Oh, really? ‘Cause it’s frozen now, on…bustyasianbeauties.com?” Sam questioned and Dean turned away guiltily. “Dean! Would you just…don’t touch my stuff anymore, okay?” he snapped.

“Why don’t you control your OCD?” Dean yelled back at him…


“But did you dig up anything about the building? Or on the suicidal co-ed?” Bobby interrupted the flashback as Mel climbed up on the bed, next to me.

“No. The history’s clean” Sam answered.

“Then it’s not a haunting”

“Maybe not. To tell you the truth, we’re not really sure” Dean said.

“What do you mean, you’re not sure?”

“Well…it’s weird” I said, making a face.

“What’s weird?”

“This next part…we didn’t see it happen ourselves, exactly, but…it’s pretty friggin weird. Even for us” Mel finished.

So, we started to tell Bobby about Curtis and what he told us…he told us he was abducted by aliens. “Aliens?” Bobby questioned. “Yeah” Dean and Sam said. “Aliens?” he asked again. “Yeah” Mel and I answered.

“Look, even if they are real, they’re sure as hell not coming to Earth and swiping people”

“Hey, believe me, we know” Mel spoke. “My whole life, I’ve never found evidence of an honest-to-God abduction. It’s all just cranks and pranks” “Yeah, that’s what we thought. But we figured we’d at least talk to the guy” Sam said.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333