Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Missing Hearts

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
Our next case was kind of un-expectantly sad…it involved a woman haunting this road but she didn’t know she was dead. When we finally told her she was dead…we helped her move on…and we watched her walk into some light as the sun rose up and she disappeared into the sky…that part of pretty cool. Right now we were working another case where some guy was found heartless and the boys decided to check out the corpse while Mel and I sat this one out. We were sitting in our motel room and Mel was laying back on the bed while throwing a bouncy ball into the air while I was reading.

“You think today might be the day?” I said, suddenly.

“The day?” she questioned, still staring at the ceiling.

“I don’t know…the day I tell Sam…”

She sat up in her spot and eyed me, smirking. “Really?”

“I don’t know…maybe tomorrow…”

Then her face changed. “I don’t know Brit…right now doesn’t seem like the best day to tell him…neither does tomorrow…maybe after the case…”

“After? You’re the one that’s been waiting for this too…”

“I know…but it’s just bad timing”

“Bad timing?” I repeated but then we both shut up as the door swung open and in came the boys.

“Think fast” Mel said quickly, chucking the ball at Dean and he caught it with ease.

“We miss any interesting girl talk?” he questioned with a grin, tossing back the ball to Mel as Sam shut the door.

“Oh yes, we were just talking about how hot Orlando Bloom is” Mel quipped sarcastically. Sam chuckled. “What does he have that I don’t?” Dean made a face.

“He’s bad ass” I added, smiling, finding Dean’s reaction very amusing.

“I am plenty bad ass”

Please. Sam is way more bad ass” Mel said and Sam grinned like a little boy, winning a big prize. I found it adorable.

Dean looked at all of us with a mortified look on his face a if we just stabbed him in the gut. Then Mel and I burst out laughing as Sam just shook his head, laughing to himself. “I think you girls just lowered his self esteem all the way down” Sam said and Dean glared.

“Whatever” Dean muttered. “You know what else is bad ass? Werewolves” Dean stated, changing the subject.

“Is that relevant to the case?” Mel asked. “We think so” Sam said and they started to explain what was going on as Mel started to help Dean clean the guns.

“This lawyer guy was the first heart-free corpse in town?” Mel asked.

“The first man. Over the past year, several women have gone missing. Dead bodies all washed up later in the bay, too deteriorated to draw firm conclusions” Sam said.

“But no hearts?” I questioned.

“No hearts. They were all hookers working Hunter’s Point. Now, cops are trying to keep things under wrap, but they’re looking for a serial killer”

“And the lunar cycle?” Dean added.

“Mm-hmm. Yeah, month after month, all the murders happen in the week leading up to the full moon”

“Which is this week, right?” Mel asked.

"Hence the lawyer”

“Awesome” Mel grinned.

“Mel, could you be a bigger geek about this?” Sam questioned, rhetorically. “I’m sorry but Dean’s right on this one. Werewolves are bad ass” she told him.

“What about ‘a human by day, a freak animal killing machine by moonlight’ don’t you understand? We haven’t seen one since we were kids…besides that abnormal we helped you girls with” Dean grinned as well.

“You mean when you almost got us killed for thinking you were helping? Yea, thanks for that” Mel said, sarcastically and Dean’s mood shifted

“Okay, Sparky. And you know what? After we kill it, we can go to Disneyland” Sam quipped, looking at Dean but he regarded Sam’s comment.

“You know what the best part about it is? We already know how to bring these suckers down” he said, holding up a silver bullet.

“So what’s our next move?” I asked. “Talk to the girl who found the body” Sam answered and I nodded.

We got to the apartment and we met Madison posing as detectives and Mel and I were interns. She let us in and some guy was in there too but Sam and Dean did what they had to in order to get her to tell him to leave. They started talking but I watched Mel as she looked around the apartment…it had a cozy feeling…like a home feeling. She wanted that. Hell, I wanted that. We missed having warm homes…the feeling of being home…all we could do was hope we would have that again one day.

She told us to sit at the kitchen table and we did, politely. “You must be pretty shaken up. You were Nate Mulligan’s assistant, right?” Sam asked.

“For two years, yeah”

“So, you knew all about him?” Dean questioned.

“Probably knew more about him than he did. Nate was…he was nice"

“But?” I wondered.

“Nothing, really. He had a few scotches in him, and he started hitting on anyone in a five-mile radius. You know the type”

“Yea, actually I do” Mel said and I saw how she glanced at Dean. He glanced back and then stopped drooling over the poor woman. “Did he have any enemies?” she asked, seriously.

“What do you mean? It sure looked like an animal attack”

“No, yeah, we’re just covering all the bases. Anyone that might have had a beef with him…a former client, an ex?” Dean suggested.

We all noticed as she obviously remembered something. She told us about her crazy ex-boyfriend, Kurt and how he started stalking her…so we decided to pay Kurt a visit.

While Mel and I followed the boys in the truck…it was almost like an awkward silence. “So…wonderful weather isn’t it” I started, stupidly.

I just wanted some noise…usually it was Mel who would be the one to start noise. “I saw you watching me…” she started.

“That sounded creepy” I said and she laughed lightly as I smiled.

Then the mood got a little tense again. “Do you think…” I started but stopped, trying to think of the right words to choose. “Do you think we’ll ever be able to settle down…and just…stop doing this…have a home of our own…” I asked.

She didn’t reply right away. Then she sighed. “I don’t know B…I hope to God we do…but I just think it’ll be hard since we know what’s out there…I just…I don’t know” she said and that was it. Conversation was over.

We got to Kurt’s apartment, Mel picked the lock and we all got in to look around. We went into the kitchen and Dean opened the fridge. “Anything?” Sam questioned, walking by him.

“No, nothing but leftovers and a six-pack” he replied, shutting the fridge.

“Check the freezer. Maybe there’s some human hearts behind the Haagen-Dazs or something” Sam joked and I snickered.

Then, I saw Mel roll her eyes at me, shaking her head. Dean turned toward the freezer. “He was kidding you moron” she said, smacking him upside the head and he walked away into another room, mumbling under his breath.

But, then we all heard a crash coming from outside. “Hey, come here” Dean called to us.

We all got to him, onto the balcony and saw deep claw marks into the cement of the building. We all got out and got to the alleyway where the marks led to and then we heard a gun shot and ran toward it. I saw Mel make a face and shake her head. Then, we came to a policeman’s body completely ripped open and mauled on the ground. That’s why she made a face…she could smell the iron from the blood. Sam called 911, Dean made a Cujo joke and then we decided it would be best to check on Madison.

We got back to her and she got us all coffee…which we desperately needed. She told us Kurt was outside just looking at her. He didn’t do anything, he just stood outside her apartment…not creepy at all…. Then, she left the room to get us an address to where Kurt worked and Dean and Sam faced each other.

“All right, you go. I’ll stay” Sam said.

“Forget that. You go after the creepy ex. I’m gonna hang here with the hot chick”

“Dude, why do you always get to hang out with the girls?”

“Because I’m older” Nice Dean.

“No, screw that. We settle this the old-fashioned way”

So then they both raised their fists to each other. “Oh God” Mel rolled her eyes.

They ignored her and Dean did scissors as Sam did rock. “Dean, always with the scissors”

“Shut up, shut up. Two out of three” Dean said, stubbornly.

So they played once again and once again Dean played scissors and Sam played rock. “Damn it!”

“Bundle up out there, all right?” Sam smirked.

Mel rolled her eyes again. “Alright, I’ll go with Scissorhands over here and you stay here with The Rock” she said and I just nodded.

I did not like the idea of being around with Sam and this girl, Madison…it was going to be yet another long night.

~~

My POV

We left Madison’s apartment and decided to take my truck so we walked over to it but then Dean stopped me. “Can we take your motorcycle please?” he asked, suddenly.

“What? Why? It’ll make a lot of noise”

“Well, so will this rust bucket”

I glared at him and then he put his hands up in defense. “Fine” I sighed.

He grinned, quickly getting my bike out of the bed of my truck and setting it down on the gravel before zipping up his black leather coat. He quickly put on Brit’s helmet and I laughed a little to myself about his enthusiasm. I buttoned my light penny coat and it hugged my curves as I tucked the back of my scarf into the back of my jacket. Then I put my helmet on. I got on and he got on behind me, holding onto my sides.

“I don’t think I even know where you got your truck anyway” he inquired.

“You never cared” I said, starting up the bike and taking off slowly.

“Well I’m caring now” he said over the engine and in my ear. He waited for me to answer.

“My dad gave it to me for my sweet sixteen. Originally, he wanted to get me a fancy car like all my other friends had…but you know me, I’ve always been daddy’s little girl, never really been into fancy…it was his before it was mine” I said loud enough for him to hear me.

“Wow…and you’ve had it all these years and it’s in that good of shape…that’s impressive…what about the bike?”

“This, I wanted for myself. My mom was against it…said I was already dealing with too much danger one teenage girl should be dealing with…she would let me go out and kill monsters but she wouldn’t let me get a motorcycle…” I laughed a little.

“We came to a compromise and I got it when I turned 18...my mom was a doctor so we kind of had the money” I murmured but he still heard me.

“Wait, so you were a rich girl?” he asked, incredulous.

“I wasn’t rich…I just had money…I don’t exactly like broadcasting it. I have enough pressure of being William Stern’s daughter, I don’t need more pressure about the money I have”

“Have?”

“I have…some money in this bank account…I promised my dad I would only go to it for emergencies only because if someone wanted to, they could easily track when and where you took money out…but yes. I have money…and even if I wanted to use it, I wouldn’t be able to use it on anything I want to use it for…just for food and gas…so there’s no need to take money out of the account” I ranted a little.

It wasn’t that Dean was asking these questions…well it kind of was…but it was more because of the memories I have when people found out I came from money…it just wasn’t right. He didn’t respond. I just felt his hands tighten around my waist…as if he was hugging me…keeping me protected…

~

We got to where Kurt worked and the boss told us, he hadn’t seen Kurt all day…not even the passed two days. But we did get a lead. “A strip club?” I questioned, skeptically as we pulled up to it. I put the kickstand down and Dean and I both took our helmets off, getting off the bike.

“Nuh uh. I’m not going in there” I stated.

“Fine. Stay here. I’ll be right back” he said. Yeah right.

I watched as he walked over to the door and opened it, revealing a lot of colorful light. He looked back at me and grinned, giving me two thumbs up. I rolled my eyes at him as I saw him chuckle and I just leaned against my bike, unwrapping my scarf from my neck and I let it just hang. Then I just stuck my hands in my pockets and sighed. I didn’t like silence most of the time…and quite honestly…I didn’t like the dark. But I was always able to ignore it. My senses took it up a notch so I could hear, see, feel and smell everything around me…sometimes it was a good thing…but other times, I just didn’t want to feel anything at all. So I took a deep breath and just calmed my senses down. I was a normal girl…with extraordinary senses…the senses of an extraordinary hunter. That’s what my dad would say…then we would joke around about it all. I liked that we were able to joke about me…being able to do what I could do…but other times I hated it…and he knew it so we stopped joking about it. Right now? I wish he was here so we could joke about it.

This is what happens when I’m left alone with no one to talk to and in silence. I over analyzed everything and I started to think too much…I started thinking about Dean. I could only imagine what he felt like. Knowing his father is in Hell because he saved him from dying…but he stayed strong…he didn’t show how angry and upset he was around Sam. It was something we had in common…okay, we had a lot in common…it was scary. It’s been a while since he brought up us…even though we flirt every chance we get…and then we’re at each others throats again. You had to be me in order to understand…
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333