Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

The Married Life

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Brittney’s POV

I tried so hard to avoid Sam…and you can only guess how easy that was-note the sarcasm. He lost Madison…I wanted to be there for him…to help him with his pain…but I couldn’t. I started to notice how Dean and Mel would get close but then jump away from each other as soon as I walked into a room…something was definitely going on…but she wouldn’t tell me what. I knew it was because of the whole Sam thing. She spent more time asking me if I was okay rather than telling me what was going on.

Our next case involved a ghost in Hollywood. There was a guy who died on set but it was all just a hoax…but then two dead bodies really did show up. You know why? Because the guy who wrote the movie used real Latin in his movie that made real ghosts appear…so we thought he was summoning them…but then we found out it was some other guy because his story line was stolen. So he was pissed and decided to take it out on other people…anyway, he died. The ghosts killed him. I know I should sound more sympathetic right now but I just don’t have the energy or motivation.

Our next case, Mel and I had to sit out on this one because Sam and Dean were going to get themselves arrested. If we tried to get ourselves arrested too, we would be sent to a completely different prison and it would all just be a big mess. The boys had an inside source. A cop inside was a friend of John’s so it would all be okay…I worried about them though. I could tell Mel did too but she didn’t show it as much. We were alone in our motel room, doing nothing…it was different…it felt weird not having the guys around. But it gave Mel and I time to actually talk…we were forced to. We had nothing better to do. That’s when she told me about her and Dean. I tried to put a smile and let her talk about what happened…but of course she was never the time to gossip about boys. I was really happy for her and Dean, really I was…and it was about time…but it was just hard for me to feel happy. I don’t want to sound conceited but I never had a problem with getting a guy…sure, Mel has always been prettier than me and has gotten her fair share of guys and the guys I’ve been with, they were pretty much flings…I’ve had a boyfriend before…but he used me…and I had another boyfriend…but it just didn’t work out…but this one time I find a guy who I really like…he doesn’t feel the same.

Now, there have been some victim disappearances and Sam and I were in the motel room while Dean and Mel went out to check out the perimeter to see what they could find while Sam and I tried to do some research. We found out what we were hunting and just had to wait for Mel and Dean to get back, while we waited, I pulled out my book and I started reading…or at least, I tried to. We were quiet…it was an awkward silence…and I felt his eyes glance at me while I tried ignoring him. Then he finally looked like he was about to say something but then he heard something and looked outside.

“Damn it” he cursed and then took out his phone. “There’s a cop car outside” he said as he turned to look at me and then moved the curtain slightly to look outside.

I jumped up and raced to his side. “You think they’re here for us?” I asked.

“I hope not”

We were both staring outside, being discreet and I felt his breath on my neck, giving my goose bumps but I tried to rub them off unnoticeably. “Hey, there’s a cop car outside” Sam said into the phone. “…I don’t know…”

But, then I started hit Sam’s chest. “Hey, hey look” I said and we both watched the cop car drive away. “They’re leaving. False alarm” he said.

I sighed in relief and then walked back over to the bed and I put it on my lap. I listened to Sam talk to Dean but it was a little weird since I could only hear one side of the conversation but I heard some mumbled responses.

“…well, that’s where all the victims disappeared….just one thing. I’m pretty sure of it now: we’re hunting a Djinn…yup…I don’t know. I guess they’re powerful enough. Not exactly like Barbara Eden in harem pants. I mean, Djinn have been feeding off people for centuries. They’re all over the Koran…”

Then I heard Dean respond and then some bickering. “Dean…are you even listening to me anymore? You can't concentate for your life when you're with Melissa…ruins. Usually the bigger, the better. More places to hide…Wait, no, no, no. Come pick us up first…”

But then he sighed as he tossed his phone onto the bed and he rubbed his face with both hands. “So what are they doing?” I asked, keeping my head down.

“I don’t know. Dean thinks he knows where to look so they’re going there”

“So what do we do now?” Then he slid onto the bed, next to me. “I don’t know…you tell me” he said and I looked up at him.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about”

“Brit, you’ve been avoiding me ever since Madison…” He stopped. “I don’t know what happened and I’m fine now so it doesn’t mean we cant talk anymore…”

“I think it is what it means Sam” I said and stood up.

“Wait, Brittney…”

“I’m going for a walk” I said and just walked out.

~

My POV

I was smiling as I ate some more fries we got from a drive through at some fast food joint and Dean got off the phone with Sam. “So, what am I compared to that Bewitched chick and Barbara Eden?” I smirked, looking over at him.

We came to a red light so he stopped and leaned over the arm rest of the Impala to get closer to me and he looked into my eyes. “Sweetheart you’re hotter than that Bewitched chick and Barbara Eden put together” he grinned.

“Hmm good answer” I said and kissed him.

Then I put some fries in his mouth as the light turned green. Then I laughed as he glanced at me, smiling. “Okay, I feel stupid now. I’ve never acted like this before with a boyfriend”

“Like what?”

“I don’t know…ditsy? Cheesy?” I tried to find the right word.

“Eh I like em’ a little stupid” he said and my jaw dropped as I smacked his arm and he laughed. “And Dean Winchester is not cheesy” I gave him a look. “Not in front of other people” he added.

“Mmhmm” I muttered and looked forward. We were silent for a bit…but it wasn’t awkward…it was nice. “Hey Dean?” I spoke.

He grunted in response, letting me know he was listening. “I know I…probably asked this before…but now that we’re actually together…do you think things would be completely different if we weren’t hunting?” I asked, getting the courage to look up from my lap and at him.

He kept his eyes forward and was silent for a moment. “I think things…wouldn’t be too different. I think you and I would’ve gotten together sooner…and we’d have more clear memories with each other…but I really don’t know” he said and I just nodded.

We were silent again. “So, abandoned building occupied by a genie? Cool” I said, lamely. He started laughing at me. “Shut up” I laughed and rolled my eyes at him.

~

We got to the creepy building and it was very eerie-looking. “Just stay close and hopefully I wont have to save your ass from anything” he said, smirking smugly as we got out of the car. I made a face and mocked him.

We walked in and started just looking around. I noticed Dean started to hover a little as I became the one to lead the way. “Ya know, any closer to me and it will be considered rape” I commented.

“It’s not considered rape if they both enjoy it” he smirked a sexy smirk.

“Very true”

I turned to face him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him as he immediately started to kiss back. We started to fight for dominance as we both worked our way further into the building. I almost fell a couple times but Dean always had his arms on my back, wrapping them around me to make sure I didn’t fall. We both kissed hungrily and I was so wrapped up in him…but then I felt something. I pulled my head away from Dean as I was catching my breath and he started kissing my neck.

“Hold on Dean” I whispered, breathlessly.

“What’s wrong?” he mumbled against my neck.

“Something’s in here” I said and found the will to push myself off him and I headed down an aisle. I started running.

“Wait, Melissa!” Dean called and chased after me.

I turned a corner and was thrown into some boxes. “Melissa!” I heard Dean yell.

When my vision became clear, I saw Dean rushing to me but then he was knocked into a wall and something grabbed me by the head, lifting me up and I was pinned to the wall with Dean beside me. I saw it was the genie. He was a scary skinny, shirtless white guy with crazy tattoos on his body and they started to glow. We both struggled to get of his grip but we just couldn’t…then I saw a blinding light…and I was out.

~

I woke up in a bed. I shot up in my spot and looked around. I was in a room…a really nice room. Then I saw Dean was laying beside me and I was about to say his name but then he shot up in his spot as well. He looked around and then at me.

“Are you alright?” he asked quickly, putting a hand to my cheek.

“I’m fine…Dean…where are we?” I asked.

“I don’t know…” he said, getting up and so did I.

Then I realized I was only wearing a lacy bra and underwear while he was shirtless in boxers. As I looked down very confused, he looked over at me. “It’s a good look for you” he chuckled lightly.

“This is no time for jokes, Dean” I sneered as I threw on some band T-shirt and a pair of shorts that were on the floor and he threw on a shirt and some pants.

We both walked out of the room as I tried calling Brit but it kept saying the line was disconnected. “I cant get a hold of Brit” I said and he took out his phone quickly as I started looking around. We were in some kind of loft, home, place.

It was…really nice. It was a home…it felt like a home. Then, Dean got a hold of Sam and I looked over at him.

“Sam?…I don’t know. I don’t know where I am…the Djinn-it attacked us…no, asshat, the Djinn. The scary creature, remember? It put its hand on me and Melissa, and then I woke up next to her…I am not drunk. Quit screwing around! How’s Brit, she okay?…what do you mean what do I mean…no I’m not!…”

Then, Dean looked up at me and then kept his eyes down and his voice low as he turned his head, whispering some things that for some reason I couldnt even hear. “Damn…okay well…wait, Sam. Sam!” he tried but just hung up after he got no other respond.

“What’d he say? Is Brit alright?” I asked.

“Yea, she’s fine…he’s just being Sam” he said and he seemed weird about it.

I felt like he was…lying…or leaving something out…but I didn’t push anything. I sighed and walked over into the living room and started looking at all the pictures on the walls and on some shelves. A lot were of Dean and I, smiling…being happy. We had memories. I smiled to myself.

“Dean, come look at…” I started but then I saw a picture that made my heart stop and my stomach made knots. “This picture…it can’t…” I started.

“I think this will explain it” he said handing me some mail.

I took it from him and started flipping through them like crazy, each one was addressed to Mr. and Mrs. Winchester. “This is…oh my god” I breathed out.

“We’re married” I stated, incredulous.

“Yea” he said in shock as well and he kept looking around. “Wow” I shook my head. “I don’t…understand…” I started.

Then, Dean and I both picked up a picture…and we were both shocked by it. We dropped the picture and raced outside. We got into the Impala and Dean sped off.

~

We arrived at the Winchester’s older house and I ran after Dean as we walked up to the door and Dean rang the doorbell. The outside light went on and I stepped back a little as the door opened, revealing a beautiful, blond woman.

“Dean? Melissa?” she questioned.

“Mom?” Dean questioned, in complete shock.

“What are you doing here? Are you both alright?”

“We don’t know”

“Well, come inside” she said, opening it wider for us to walk in. I faced her.

“Mrs. Winchester” I breathed out.

“Mrs. Winchester? Melissa you haven’t called me that in years” she laughed as she shut the door behind me.

“Let me ask you a question: when I was a kid, what did you always tell me when you put me to bed?” Dean asked.

“Dean, I don’t understand…”

“Just answer the question”

“I told you angels were watching over you” she answered.

Dean was almost in tears as he wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tight. “I don’t believe it”

“Honey, you’re scaring me. Just tell me what’s going on”

“You don’t think that wishes can really…”

“What?”

“Forget it” he said and hugged her again. “Forget it. I’m just happy to see you, that’s all. You’re beautiful” he said, pulling away.

“What?” Mary asked and Dean started to look at photos around the living room and I actually started to do the same.

“Hey, when I was young, was there ever a fire here?”

“No, never”

“I thought there was. I guess I was wrong”

I analyzed the photos…they weren’t just of the Winchesters…there were some of me too…and even some of Brittney and Sam together! I saw a picture of Sam’s high school graduation, one of Dean during college…one was of Dean and I during prom. He had his arms wrapped around my waist with his front to my back…it was an actual prom photo.

“We went to prom together?” I questioned out loud with a smile and he smiled too.

“You two were high school sweet hearts…” Mary said as if reminding us or like she was being pranked or something.

Then there was a picture of John and my dad in a softball uniform with them both holding bats and laughing. I stayed quiet. “Dad’s on a softball team” Dean stated and I noticed Mary give him a weird look but I kept my eyes on the picture. “Dad’s softball team…that’s funny to me”

“He loved that stupid team” Mary smiled lightly. “They both did”

“Dad’s dead?” Dean said and my head snapped up at her. “And the thing that killed him was a…”

“A stroke. He died in his sleep, you know that”

“That’s great”

“Excuse me?”

“That’s great that he went peacefully. It sure beats the alternative”

“You’ve been drinking…both of you?” she asked, sadly.

“No, we haven’t” I said sincerely. “But my dad…” I started, pausing for her to fill it in.

“He couldn’t keep playing after John passed. He quit”

“So he’s still alive” I breathed out, smiling as tears filled my eyes.

“I’m just gonna call a cab to come pick you both up okay?”

“Wait, no, no. Don’t do that. I wanna stay here”

“We both do” I assured her and Dean nodded.

“Why?”

“Because I miss the place…it’s okay, you go to bed. Okay?” Dean sat down on the couch.

“Are you sure you’re both alright?” she asked.

“I think so…”

“Yea, I’m just going to go for a ride…” I said.

“Please stay for the night. You’ll be able to see your father tomorrow. He’s coming over” she assured me and my face lit up. “So, you’ll stay?” she asked and I just nodded.

“Get some rest…I love you” she said, kissing my forehead and then looking into my eyes.

I stood there dumbfounded as she walked over to Dean and did the same thing. “I love you”

“Me, too” he replied.

Then she walked upstairs and I walked over to sit beside Dean. “Dean…you and I are married…your mom’s alive…my dad’s alive…” I spoke, still in disbelief.

“I know” he shook his head. He was even in disbelief. We both laid down horizontally as he put his arm around my stomach, keeping me close. “This cant be real” I whispered and felt my eyes shut.

Brittney’s POV

I was just walking aimlessly for a while…until I started to hear footsteps. I kept cool as I continued forward and heard the footsteps get closer. When they were close enough, I spun around, grabbing the stranger’s arm and bending it back behind his back. I heard him groan but then I saw it was Sam.

“Geez Sam” I muttered, letting go of him.

“Sorry…no more surprising. Should’ve learned that by now” he said, rolling his shoulder.

“What are you doing?”

“It got late and I started to get worried…”

“I’m a big girl Sammy” I mocked a little and kept walking but he kept up.

“I know…” his voice trailed off. I stayed silent. “I just don’t know why you aren’t talking to me” he said, getting agitated.

“Hmm you really are just as clueless as any other guy then” I commented.

“Hey, I am not like other clueless guys…I can take a clue sometimes…right now I can take the clue that you’re mad at me” he said and I stopped.

“I’m not mad at you Sam. I’m annoyed and upset and…yes, I’m a little angry but I’m not angry with you…I’m angry with myself for being so naive and stupid” I said and continued walking.

“Wait, Brittney!” he called.

“Just leave me alone Sam!” I called back and started walking a little faster.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333