Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Actually Being Civil

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
I was sound asleep…that is until I heard the door open, letting the sun in. I got a glimpse and saw it was only Sam and Brit so I turned my head and tried to get back to sleep. There was only one motel room left for us to take so we all had to share. Lucky for us, there were four beds. I heard them all mumbling something and then as Brit came over to my side, I kept my eyes shut as listened to her put a cup of coffee on the nightstand beside my bed. I could tell it was coffee because my senses were craving it and my nose perked up. But I still wanted to try and sleep. Then I heard Dean and Sam whispering.

“Dude, you left me alone in the room with Melissa and you didn’t even think to wake me up?” I heard Dean hiss…then I heard a ringing in my ears.

“Man, she was sleeping, what were you going to do? Make a move on her while she was asleep? Stare at her while she slept? Dude, for you? That would be like watching paint dry...and it'd be really weird”

“Can someone please answer that damn phone?” I groaned, rolling onto my back, looking up as they all looked at me.

“Melissa…there’s no phone ringing…” Sam started but then Dean’s cell started to ring. The room fell silent and Dean answered the call as they all stared at me cautiously. Damn.

He got off the phone and got his stuff together. “Get dressed, we have a case” Dean said, throwing a pillow at me.

I huffed, catching the pillow and slamming it down beside me. Sam and Brit went into their little corner to get their things together…she was smiling…giggling…blushing. She was so into him. I looked over at Dean and sighed. Then I stood up in my pajama shorts and spaghetti strap tank as it rose up a little, showing my stomach and I pulled it down only a little so my belly button ring was covered. I bent over, putting some hair behind my ear, going through my suit case for clothes and I felt eyes on me. I saw in the corner of my eye the eyes on me belonged to Dean. I tried to shake off the weird feeling and just ignore him as I went into the bathroom to change. I didn’t have time to take a shower so I just changed into my shorts and my regular, black ACDC band shirt. I brushed my teeth and threw my hair up into a pony tail and two strands of hair fell out of the pony tail (one on each side) and they fell to the front of my face. They hung at the sides of my face, just hanging there, being slightly wavy. I put both hands on the sink and looked into the mirror. Another day…another job…and in no way do I feel closer to my father…

“Hey Melissa…get your ass out here, we’re heading out now” Dean said from the other side of the door. I took a deep breath…let it out…and then I swung the door open, pushing passed Dean.

~~~~

We got to the airplane warehouse and met with a guy named Jerry…apparently Dean and John helped him out once. “Thanks for making the trip so quick. I should be doing you guys a favor, not the other way around. Dean and your dad really helped me out” he said to Sam as we all were following him through out the warehouse. They continued to have their flashback conversation as I looked down at the ground, trying to pay attention as best as possible but I just couldn’t. I mean…this morning I knew the phone was going to ring before it did…it wasn’t the first time I did something like that. It’s not like I could talk about it with Brit…but I’ve been able to do it for a while now…a few years even. I was just afraid it would freak her out. I couldn’t talk to Dean about it because he already thinks…well I don’t know what he thinks…I could possibly tell Sam…but not yet…it would be too soon. We just started this thing with them a few days ago…it was all just too soon…

“…John mentioned your father a few times too…” Jerry said.

That’s what got me to look up at him.

“Said, you were going to be the best someday…John talked highly of you and your father…I see he’s letting you go out on your own now. John said your dad was very overprotective of you at times” I laughed a little.

“Yea, that’s him…but…here I am”

“Well I’m happy to have you here as well…I want you all to listen to this. Normally I wouldn’t have any access to this…it’s the cop voice recorder for flight 44-85, one of ours”

We got to his office, shut the door and the blinds and jerry played us the voice recorder…it was pretty freaky.

“The plane took off from here and crashed 200 miles south supposedly because of mechanical failure. There were over 100 people on board and only 7 got out alive. The pilot was Chuck Lambert, he was a good friend of mine and was pretty broken up about it all and he thinks it’s his fault” Jerry explained.

“You don’t think it was” Sam assumed.

“No I don’t”

“Jerry we’re going to need passenger manifests, a list of survivors…” I started.

“And is there any way we can look at the wreckage?” Dean asked.

“The other stuff is no problem but the wreckage? Fellas, it’s locked down in the evidence warehouse. There’s no way I can get that kind of access”

We all gave each other looks and then we all smirked. “No problem” Brit said.

~~~~~~~

We agreed to split up…it was Sam and Brit’s idea of course. Dean and I were to get to the ID store and get the fake ID’s (yea they actually have a store for stuff like that) while they went back to the motel to analyze some information. Ya know what excuse they used? They said it would be a good way to get to know each other if we mixed up the teams this way. I’ve been waiting for a while inside the Impala on my laptop and I just got off the phone with Brit who gave some interesting information that she found with Sam. As soon as I got off the phone, I saw Dean come walking out, he walked over to the drivers side and got in.

“You were in there forever” I commented.

“Cant rush perfection” he grinned, holding up the two ID’s.

I took the one with my picture on it, looking down at it. “Homeland security? That’s pretty illegal, even for us…hmmm, something new” I said and I caught him smiling but he covered it with a cough.

“So did we get anything?” he asked, putting the car into drive.

“Well Brit said there was definitely EVP on the cop voice recorder, guess what it said. No survivors"

“No survivors? What’s that supposed to mean? There were seven survivors”

“Got me” I shrugged.

“So could it be a haunted flight?”

“Well there’s a long history of spirits and death omens on planes and ships…or have you ever heard of flight 401?” I asked him, looking at him.

“Yea, the one that crashed and the airline salvaged some of its parts, put them into other planes and the spirits of the pilot and co pilot haunted those flights” he said, glancing at me a few times, looking into my eyes.

“Exactly. Maybe it’s the similar deal”

“So the survivors. Which one do you want to talk to first?” he asked me.

“Well, actually I thought Sam and Brit should go talk to the survivors while you and I get to the warehouse, that way we cover more this way and we can get the job done quicker” I said, humbly, unsure of what he would think, preparing myself for him to yell at me for not consulting him first…

“That was a good idea” he nodded.

I had to do a double take…Dean Winchester just…complimented me?

"Which survivor are they going to see?” he asked, glancing into my eyes again.

“Umm third on the list, Max Jaggy”

“Why him?”

“For one, he’s around here and two? If anyone saw anything weird, he did”

“What makes you say that?”

“Well is spoke to his mother and she told me I would find him at the psychiatric hospital

“Yea, I’d say he would be a good start” he said and all I could do was nod as I looked straight ahead at the road.

I guess he was really serious about being civil with me while on a case. One word from Sam about how we should be civil and Dean definitely respects Sam’s request…I really liked that…

Brittney’s POV

“I don’t understand. I already spoke with Homeland Security” Max said to us as Sam and I were sitting at a table with him, outside.

“We know. It’s just some new information has come up, so if you could answer some questions for us, that’d be great” I flashed my warm smile.

“Just before the plane went down, did you notice anything unusual?” Sam asked.

“Like what?”

“Strange lights, weird noises, maybe…voices?” I tried.

“Mr. Jaffey…you checked yourself in here, right?” I asked. He nodded. “Can I ask why?”

“I was a little stressed. I survived a plane crash”

“And that’s what has you so terrified? That’s really what you’re afraid of?” I questioned.

He hesitated as I saw the panic in his eyes. “I think you saw something up there. We need to know what” “No. No, I was delusional…seeing things”

“It’s okay. Then just tell us what you thought you saw, please” Sam said.

He paused, contemplating. “There was….this….man. And, uh, he had these….eyes-these, uh….black eyes. And I saw him…or I thought I saw him…” He stopped.

“What?” I urged gently.

"He opened the emergency exit. But that’s….that’s impossible, right? I mean, I looked it up. There’s somethin’ like two tons of pressure on that door”

“This man…did he seem to appear and disappear rapidly? It wouldn’t look something like a mirage?” Sam asked.

“What are you, nuts? He was a passenger. He was sitting right in front of me” Sam and I exchanged a look.

~

“How do you think Mel and Dean are doing? You don’t think they’re fighting do you?” I asked Sam as we headed back to Mel’s truck.

She reluctantly gave me the keys. We were lucky it was me, it would be the last thing she did if she had to give her keys to Sam or Dean. He smiled at me as I looked up at him.

“I think…they’re…old enough to know when to not argue” Sam said.

We looked at each other in silence before we both started laughing. “No, they’re probably secretly wanting each other so bad that it’s killing them” I said and he laughed.

“I think you’re right” he said and it felt really good.

Just to hear someone say I was right. I usually am right…but so is Mel and she always gets the credit for it. I love Mel to death but sometimes it’s just nice to hear that I’m right and that I can fend for myself. I know I was looking too much into it but I couldn’t help it. Mel always seems to think I need protecting or something…even if she doesn’t show it. I’m a big girl, I don’t need protection and I sure as hell know what I‘m doing and I am right most of the time. I felt like I could really confide in Sam about anything and everything…it’s only been a few days but that’s how I felt…was I wrong though for making that choice?

We got to the Phelps residence and spoke to George’s wife. He was your average guy who took up dentistry and he was heading to a convention in Denver. They were married for thirteen years but never noticed anything strange…besides an acid reflux. None of this was making any sense whatsoever.

My POV

We both walked out of a clothing store and I was wearing a respective maroon, long sleeved shirt with a white undershirt along with a long black skirt heels. Dean came out with a very nice suit. “Man, I look like one of the Blues Brothers” he complained.

“Oh no you don’t…” I assured him, putting a hand on his shoulder so I was standing in front of him, giving him a sweet look. Then I looked him up and down. “You look like a seventh grader at his first dance” I smirked and gave a smug smile

He hit my hand away and we continued walking. “I wouldn’t be talking if I were you, you look like one of the old seventh grade teachers who monitor the dance because they have nothing better to do with their lives” he countered with his own smug smile. I narrowed my eyes, rolled them and just spun around so we continued walking.

“I hate this thing” we both muttered.

~

We got to the warehouse and walked up to the three guards, showed one our ID’s and they let us in. There was a lot of damage everywhere…and so we began to look, using our EMF meters. I was trying to focus as we went in different directions but it was hard.

“Hey, I never actually asked but I’m curious…what do you have in the bed of your truck? You always have it covered” he said and my heart ached for my truck.

“Umm I have a secret compartment where I keep the hunting stuff but the thing I’m really protecting is my motorcycle, I keep it tied down with ropes and I keep a wool blanket covering it, it‘s strong enough to keep it from rusting” I told him, still looking around, keeping my eyes peeled but also being distracted by his eyes being on me.

“You have a motorcycle?” he asked, incredulous.

“Yea…my dad gave it to me for my eighteenth birthday, I ride it when I have time…but I haven’t ridden it in a while…maybe I’ll let you ride it if your nice to me” I smirked over at him and he just grinned, shaking his head at me. I smiled and went back to looking around.

“Hey, check out the emergency door handle” he said and I walked back over to him.

“What is this stuff?” he asked aloud as we both looked at it carefully…our faces were centimeters apart…almost touching…

“Looks like…sulfur?” I finally said.

“Sulfur huh…well there’s only one way to find out” he said, putting some of it into a plastic bag.

My ears perked up as I heard someone coming…there was more than one someone…and they were running. “We have to go” I said quickly as I grabbed onto his wrist and pulled him along as we ran out the back door.

We got outside and started walking casually at a face pace. But, then the alarm sounded and we took off. At first I kind of panicked a little…I wasn’t used to the feeling of even being close to getting caught…but then I looked at Dean and he had a playful glint in his eyes as he grinned and challenged me with his eyes. Then, in a second, he was gaining more speed than I was so I picked up the pace as well, smiling as we started to race in the alley behind the warehouse. I had to take the heels off so I jumped off the wall, kicked them off and caught them in the air and I caught up to Dean again.

I saw the metal fence (about ten feet high) in our way and I chucked my shoes over to the other side before jumping as high as I could onto the fence and he was right behind me as we climbed the fence and jumped to the other side. I found myself laughing as we got to the Impala and put my hands on the hood on the passenger side as he did the same on the drivers side. As we were breathing heavily, we were eyeing each other…just staying in silence. Then, we heard the sound of running and we quickly got in the car and Dean sped off as our breathing was still trying to even itself out. We drove all the way in silence without any words to even need to fill the silence…it was a comfortable silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333