Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

All Hell Breaks Loose Part 4

My POV (Rewind)

I walked outside with Dean and Bobby as we all walked further into the junkyard. Then, Bobby spun around and pushed Dean. “You stupid ass! What did you do? What did you do?!” he demanded.

Dean stayed silent. I got to Bobby’s side, folding my arms and Dean looked at me with a sad look on his face. “You made a deal...for Sam and Melissa, didn't you” Bobby stated and my eyes grew as I felt my stomach drop.

I was going to throw up. “Bobby…” he started.

“You made a deal for me and Sam?!” I screamed at him as I felt the tears rise. “You made a deal…you made a deal?!” I repeated, trying to get it through my head.

Then, it was like I couldn’t control myself…my arm swung and I threw my weight into it as my fist collided with the side of his face. It was so hard, it threw him off balance but he stood standing and a bruise was already forming. When he looked at me, he wasn’t angry with me hitting him, he still had a sad look on his face.

“Melissa…” he started as he stepped toward me.

Don’t touch me” I hissed as I stepped back. “You made a deal for me and Sam!” I cried out, preventing the tears. “How long did they give you?” I murmured. He was silent.

“You heard her! How long!” Bobby yelled.

“One year” he murmured.

“Damn it, Dean” Bobby cursed.

“One year” I repeated, murmuring.

“Which is why we gotta find this yellow-eyed son of a bitch. That's why I'm gonna kill him myself. I got nothing to lose now, right?”

My jaw clenched as my stare became hard on him and my eyebrows furrowed. Bobby grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him close. “I could throttle you!”

“And send me downstairs ahead of schedule?"

Bobby let go and it took everything in me to not lunge at Dean and kick the shit out of him. “What is it with you Winchesters, huh? You, your dad. You're both just itching to throw yourselves down the pit”

“That's my point. Dad brought me back, Bobby. I'm not even supposed to be here. At least this way, something good could come out of it, you know? It's like my life could mean something”

“And it didn’t before?!” I snapped at him.

“Have you got that low of an opinion of yourself? You have this girl right here, still hanging around, caring about you even after meeting you, your self esteem cant be that low. Are you that screwed in the head?!” he yelled at him, grabbing a hold of him again.

Dean started to get choked up and he started to avoid my eyes. “I couldn't let them die, Bobby. I couldn't. He's my brother…and she’s my girlfriend…I couldn’t…”

“How do you think your girlfriend feels now that she knows you’re going to Hell? How do you think your brother will feel?…How did you feel when you knew your dad went for you…”

“You can't tell him. You can take a shot at me. Whatever you got to do, but please don't tell him” he pleaded.

He glanced at me but he couldn’t even hold my gaze longer than two seconds. Bobby grabbed his chin, wrapping his fingers around the full figure of his face and he started to cry. But then we all heard a noise and became alert. Dean grabbed my hand as we all ducked behind a car and we were ready to jump whoever it was but when we jumped out, Dean grabbed the person by the shoulders and we all saw it was Ellen.

“Ellen? Oh, God” Dean said, hugging her tight. Then so did I.

Bobby started to lead her back to the house and I was about to follow but Dean stopped me. “Melissa…” Dean started.

Now, that Bobby was gone, I let the tears flow…Dean and I were so close now…so close that I let him see me at my worst and he lets me see him at his worst even though we both try to be strong.

“Dean…I can’t…I cant talk to you right now…” I narrowed my eyes at him. “You sold your soul…for me and Sam…I just…” I put a hand up and went to walk away again.

But, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to him. “Kiss me…please?”

I laughed under my breath. “You never asked me to kiss you before”

“I never felt like I had to…please?”

I stared into his deep green, pleading eyes. Then, I kissed him. I placed a hand on his face and he put a hand on my face too, wiping my tears away.

~

We walked back inside and saw Brit and Sam standing side by side and then Brit got over to me. “What happened? Are you alright?” she asked and I just shook my head.

We all sat across from Ellen at the table. Bobby gave her holy water up front just to make sure she wasn’t possessed and she swallowed it like it was merely whiskey…then she asked for some whiskey and Bobby was glad to pour it for her.

“I was supposed to be in there with everybody else…but we ran out of pretzels, of all things. It was just dumb luck…anyway, that's when Ash called. Panic in his voice…he told me to look in the safe. Then the call cut out. By the time I got back, the flames were sky-high. And everybody was dead. I couldn't have been gone more than fifteen minutes” she explained.

“Sorry, Ellen” Sam spoke and Ellen started to tear up.

“A lot of good people died in there. And I got to live…lucky me” she scoffed.

“Ellen, you mentioned a safe” Bobby noted.

“A hidden safe we keep in the basement”

“Demons get what was in it?”

“No” she said and pulled out a map that was folded in her pocket.

It had several black lines and X’s on it. It was based on the land of Wyoming but none of us knew what it meant…except for Bobby. “I don’t believe it” he said, setting a book down on the table, on a certain page as we all stood and crowded around.

I analyzed Brit and Sam and how close and almost…clingy they were to each other.

“What? You got something?” Sam asked.

“A lot more than that. Each of these X's is an abandoned frontier church, all mid 19th century…and all of them built by Samuel Colt”

“Samuel Colt…” I repeated, making sure, I heard him right. “The demon-killing, gun-making Samuel Colt?” Dean added.

“Yep. And there's more. He built private railway lines connecting church to church. It just happens to lay out like this” he said and connected the X’s, resulting in the shape of a star being formed.

I stared at it, unsure if I should believe it or not, while cursing under my breath. “Tell me that's not what I think it is” Dean said.

“It's a Devil's Trap. A 100-square mile Devil's Trap” Sam informed. “That's brilliant. Iron lines demons can't cross” I stared at Brit as she stared back.

This was pure brilliance. No one has ever heard of anything this massive before and Sam was sure that after all these years it still works and that the demons were circling it to try and get in. I continued to stare at Brit as she stared back. It was like we were having our own silent conversation inside our heads while they were all conversing aloud. Dean said there was an old cemetery right in the middle of it all and then Sam questioned what Colt was trying to protect and then Dean suggested that he was trying to keep something in instead. But, then Bobby said there was no way a full-blood demon could get across…that was when Brit and I looked away from each other to look at the others.

“They don’t need one” we both spoke at once. “We know who could get across easily” she added.

Bobby and Ellen got in Bobby’s trucks, Sam and Dean got in the Impala and Brit and I got in the truck. We all began driving and the silence between us was…weird. Yea, I had something to hide from her…but I started to feel like she had something to hide from me…and that’s when I knew.

“Wow…congrats on you and Sam…it’s about time” I commented and I could feel her eyes on me.

“Yea…how about you and Dean? You gave him a pretty nice welt on his face”

“Yea…well he deserved it…”

“So, you’re not gonna tell me what it was about, then” she assumed.

“Not now” I said gently but sternly.

She left it at that. Just the thought of the whole situation made me want to cry…but I wouldn’t…I couldn’t…maybe later.

Brittney’s POV

Night fell and I was hiding behind a tomb stone in the cemetery. I suddenly became nervous as I saw Jake come into the cemetery and I watched as Sam came out of hiding and approached Jake so we all followed in pursuit, armed and ready to shoot. Jake turned around to look at all of us as we had our guns pointed at him.

“Howdy, Jake” Sam spoke. I watched as Jake looked at all of us but his eyes lingered on Mel and Sam.

“Wait…you were dead…I killed you. Both of you” he said and I heard the panic in his voice.

“Yea? Well next time, finish the job”

“I did! I cut clean through your spinal cord, man…” he looked at Sam. “And I punctured your lung…you were bleeding out and your oxygen was getting low…there’s no way you could’ve even made it to the hospital in time…neither of you can be alive. You can't be” he said and I winced slightly at the memory of Mel dying in my arms.

He was now confused and nervous. I saw how Sam glanced at all of us for some kind of explanation and Mel glanced at Dean with a sad look and I swore I saw tears form again. I didn’t know what happened…or why Mel and Sam were alive right now…but it was obvious Mel knew why.

“Okay just take it easy there, son” Bobby tried.

“And if I don't?”

“Wait and see” Sam growled.

“What, you a tough guy all of a sudden? What are you gonna do? Kill me?” Jake smirked.

“It's a thought”

“You had your chance. You couldn't. You both couldn’t”

“We wont make the same mistake twice” Mel snarled.

She was definitely pissed. Jake started to laugh in a mocking kind of way. “What are you smiling at, you little bitch?” Dean spat.

But, then he eyed me. “You must be Brittney…you definitely are as pretty as Sam said you were…stay right there” he ordered and suddenly…I felt my legs stiffen slightly and when I tried to move them, I couldn’t.

I couldn’t move my body at all. Then he eyed Mel. “Hey, Melissa…why don’t you put your gun to your friends head there” he said.

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Mel tremble a little as she tried to keep her arm down but she couldn’t resist…I felt the gun pointed at my head. “Son of a bitch” she muttered and I whimpered lightly.

“See that Ava girl was right. Once you give in to it, there's all sorts of new Jedi mind tricks you can learn”

“Let her go!” Sam shouted.

“Which one? You pick one and I’ll let her go…but then I’ll just to have the other shoot herself”

“Let them both go you son of a bitch!” Dean spat unpleasantly.

“Shoot. That. Dick” I swallowed hard.

“You'll be mopping up skull before you get a shot off…everybody, put your guns down. Except you, sweetheart” he smiled over at us, talking to Mel.

I heard three guns drop. “Okay. Thank you”

He paused…and then spun around quickly toward the crypt behind him, pulling out the colt. Before, I knew it. Dean wrapped an arm around Mel’s body and pointed her arm into the air as a shot went off and I was on the ground with Sam’s body protecting my own. I was kind of fed up with everybody going for the two best friends. We aren’t exactly like other girls. We kick ass if you mess with us.

Then, he stood up as Mel pulled me to her and inspected me. I just nodded, responding to her questions, asking me if I was alright but all I could do was just watch as Sam shot bullet after bullet at Jake. Blood splattered everywhere and I cringed at the sight.

“Oh no…”

“Bobby what is it?”

“It’s Hell…take cover!” Bobby yelled and Mel and I snapped our heads toward the crypt as the boys grabbed a hold of us and it helped us realize we had to run.

Mel and I jumped behind a tomb stone as the boys, Bobby and Ellen did the same. Mel kept me close as the two huge doors to the crypt opened up and a gigantic black cloud of smoke came flooding out.

“What the hell just happened?!” Dean shouted.

“That's a devil's gate. A damned door to Hell!” Ellen shouted back.

We all did our best to fight the gust coming at us as we inched our way toward the gate. Ellen, Sam and I got behind one door as Bobby and Mel got behind the other and we were all struggling so hard to shut these damn doors. Then Sam and I both looked over in the same direction.

“Dean!” Sam shouted and took off toward him.

Ellen and I both grunted as we struggled even harder to push the door shut. I watched, though, as the damn demon threw Sam against a tree and he seemed pinned. Then, he threw Dean into a tomb stone. I wasn’t sure if Mel saw…but I did. I gritted my teeth as I saw the demon talking down to him. I grew attached to Dean. We had this weird kind of relationship where he would be there for me just like Mel was and he was really like an older brother to me. I didn’t want to see a son of a bitch demon talking to him the way he was.

“Dean!” I yelled as I saw the demon point a gun at him. I saw Mel turned her head to look as well. “No!” she screamed.

Then, out of no where, John appeared, materializing and he grabbed the demon…he literally grabbed the demon and yanked it out of the man, causing the him to fall to the ground. I also watched as Dean grabbed the Colt…and when the demon pushed John to the ground, he re-entered his host and then looked back at Dean. Then, I watched as Dean shot a bullet…the last bullet…right at the demon’s head…and he got him. He really got him!

We all finally got the gates shut and I ran to Sam’s side, helping him up as Mel raced to Dean’s side, getting him up as well. For a very weird moment…everyone was silent and we all just stared at one another. I saw John walk over to Dean and Mel and he placed a hand on Dean’s shoulder and then smiled at Mel. I helped Sam walk over to his father and brother and the three of them had a silent family moment. Then John began to look from me to Mel and we both nodded, understanding what he wanted…he wanted it to be us who would be the ones here for his sons…he wanted us to be it for them. Then, John stepped back and disappeared into some light.

We all stood over the demon’s host as it was smoking. “Well, check that off the to-do list” Dean commented.

“I cant believe it…” Mel murmured.

“You did it” Sam stated in astonishment.

“I didn't do it alone”

“Do you think Dad really...do you think he really climbed outta hell?”

“The door was open. If anyone's stubborn enough to do it...it would be him”

“Where do you think he is now?”

“I don't know”

“I kind of can't believe it, Dean. I mean...our whole lives, everything...has been prepping for this, and now I...I kind of don't know what to say” he chuckled lightly.

“Ever since the fire…we’ve been looking for this demon…it was the reason why I became a true hunter myself…I don’t know what to say either” I spoke.

“I do. That was for our families...you son of a bitch” Dean spat as he squatted down to the body.

We all worked our way back to the truck and the Impala and we all stood next to the Impala. “You know, when Jake saw Mel and I...it was like he saw a ghost…I mean, hell, you heard him, Dean. He said he killed us” Sam started.

“I'm glad he was wrong”

“I don't think he was, Dean. What happened...after we were stabbed?”

“I already told you”

“Not everything”

“Sam, we just killed the demon. Can we celebrate for a minute?”

“Did we die?…someone just tell me if we died!”

“Oh, come on”

“Did you sell your soul for Mel and I, like Dad did for you?”

“Oh, come on! No!”

“Don’t you dare lie to him, Dean Winchester. Tell him the truth” Mel said, sternly with her voice cracking.

My eyes went wide and I felt my stomach churn. Dean sold his soul. That was why Mel had seemed so miserable and broken.

Dean and Sam’s eyes filled with tears…as mine and Mel’s did the same. Dean and Sam didn’t deserve this…and neither did Mel. Neither did I. This wasn’t right. We’ve all lost so much. Nothing was fair in life anymore. It’s been a little less than three years now ever since my world first started to fall down…but ever since, it has just continued to keep falling.

Dean sighed, looking back at Sam. “How long do you get?" Sam asked with his voice cracking.

“One year…I got one year”

I felt my stomach drop. “You shouldn't have done that. How could you do that?” Sam cried.

“Don’t you dare be mad at him. Neither of you…do you even know what it was like to see you both die? I’ll tell you this: it wasn’t pleasant or paradise for either of us. There was a lot of sobbing and crying and yelling…” I finally snapped.

“Brit…” Mel started, gently but I just shook my head so she stopped.

“Sammy, it’s my job to look out for you” Dean said.

“And what do you think my job is?”

“What?” Dean asked, not sure what he meant.

“You've saved my life over and over. I mean, you sacrifice everything for me. Don't you think I'd do the same for you? You're my big brother. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you”

Then, Mel stepped forward. “What about me, though, Dean? It isn’t your job to take care of me…yes, we’re together but we save each other’s asses and this time? It’s my turn again”

“We’re going to get you out of this, Dean” Sam promised.

Then, Ellen and Bobby came over to all of us “Well...Yellow Eyed Demon might be dead. But a lot more got through that gate” Ellen stated.

“How many, you think?” Dean asked.

“Hundred. Maybe two hundred. It's an army. He's unleashed an army” Sam said.

“Hope to hell you kids are ready. 'Cause the war has just begun” Bobby said.

Then Dean opened the trunk of the Impala and threw the Colt inside. He looked at Sam, Mel and I. “We got work to do” he said and shut the trunk.

Without another word, Mel went over to the truck and got in. I followed. We both just sat there and Dean and Mel had a stare off as his look was sad and then Sam threw me a sad glance before they both got into the car.

“Brittney?” she spoke quietly.

“Yea?” I asked, looking over at her.

She kept her head straight, her gaze on the Impala. “Dean sold his soul…for me and Sam…I don’t know if I should decipher it as a sweet thing he did or something that makes him officially crazy…”

She stopped. “I finally let him in…we’re finally together…again I guess you could say…but now…this time next year…he’ll be in Hell…” She turned to look at me. “Do you realize what has happened to us in under three years?” she asked me.

“I’m aware” I nodded.

“Everything’s messed up” she looked down.

I pulled her into a hug. That’s all I could do because there was nothing I could say to make her feel better…there was nothing that could be said and make either of us feel better. I pulled away to look at her.

“How about this, we find you some crazy ass supernatural monster to beat the crap out of…but I’ll drive because I’m pretty sure your road rage wont help anyone here”

She rolled her eyes at me and just started up the truck. As we all hit the road, Mel turned up her music as I just sat back and tried to relax. We were on the road, going head first into a war and things weren’t going to end well…and Dean was going to Hell…how were any of us going to cope with that?
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333