Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Envy, Greed, Anger...And Hell Fire

“…and I say we're going back now!”

“Hold on a second”

“I left my husband bloody on the floor!”

“Okay, I understand that, but we can't go back”

“Fine. Then you stay. But I'm heading back to that bar” Tamera stated.

We were at Tamara’s house again and Sam and Tamera were going back and forth on her going back to the bar full of demons. I was of course on Sam’s side to not let her go back and I knew Mel was on our side as well…and then Dean stepped in.

“I'll go with her” he said and we all stared at him like he was crazy…because he was.

“It's suicide, Dean!” Sam yelled.

“So what? I'm dead already!” Dean yelled back.

I felt Mel tense up beside me…she was going to snap if he continued to say stuff like that. Sam and Tamera went back and forth a little more but I just watched Mel carefully as she watched Dean who was completely oblivious to it.

Then, Bobby came into the picture with a book right as Sam said we didn’t know how many there were. “Yeah, we do. There's seven. Do you have any idea who we're up against?” he asked us. “No. Who?” Dean asked.

“The seven deadly sins, live and in the flesh”

“What's in the box?!” Dean grinned. Then, there was an awkward silence as we all just stared at him. “Brad Pitt?…Seven?…No?” he looked at all of us.

I gave him a weird look just like the others were doing but Mel just laughed under her breath and shook her head at how ridiculous that just was. Bobby threw Dean a book. “What’s this?” he asked.

“Binsfeld's classification of demons. In 1589, Binsfeld ID'd the seven sins not just as human vices but as actual devils"

"The family, they were touched by Sloth. And the shopper…” Sam said.

“That's Envy's doing, the customer we got in the next room. I couldn't suss it out at first, until Isaac. He was touched with an awful Gluttony”

“I don't give a rat's ass if they're the Three Stooges or the Four Tops! I'm gonna slaughter every last one of them!” Tamera shouted with venom in her voice.

Yea, I understood she wanted revenge for her husband. I saw how in love they both were…but she was being irrational…but then again…how rational can one person be when someone you love so much is taken from you…

“We already did it your way. You burst in there half-cocked and look what happened! These demons haven't been topside in half a millennium! We're talking medieval, dark ages! We've never faced anything close to this! So we are gonna take a breath and figure out what our next move is!” Bobby got in her face.

Then he lightened up. “I’m sorry for your loss” he said more quietly.

Then without a word from any of us, we walked into the room where the demon (Envy) was tied to a chair in a protective circle. He chuckled. “So you know who I am, huh?”

“We do. We're not impressed" Bobby stared him down as we all did the same.

“Why are you here? What are you after?” Sam got in front of him. He was silent.

“He asked you a question. What do you want?” Dean boomed.

Envy started chuckling and Dean gave Mel a look. She didn’t look at him the way she has been lately…she just looked at him…she didn’t have that tint of feeling in her eyes. She just nodded and splashed some holy water on Envy. He yelled out but continued to grin.

“Ya! Ohh!...We already have what we want”

“What's that?”

“We're out. We're free. Thanks to you, my kind are everywhere. I am legion, for we are many. So me, I'm just celebrating. Having a little fun”

“Fun?” Sam questioned.

“Yeah. Fun. See, some people crochet. Others golf. Me? I like to see people's insides... on their outside”

“I'm gonna put you down like a dog” Tamera threatened.

He laughed. “Please. You really think you're better than me. Which one of you can cast the first stone, huh? What about you, Dean? You're practically a walking billboard of gluttony and lust…”

Then I saw him look at Mel. “And Melissa…so envious of your dead father…so lustful…and you’re pretty full of gluttony yourself. No wonder you and the walking billboard are a perfect match…”

Then he looked at me. “The envy and pride that you have alone…it’s actually impressive…you’re special though aren’t ya…both of you are…but you’re both also very sinful…just not as sinful as Sam though right, Sammy?” he smirked and I felt Sam huff in anger and he tensed up.

Then Envy looked from me to Mel. “The wrath from both of you though…it’s kind of exhilarating…and we cant forget Tamara here, you have a fair share of wrath as well. Ooh. tsk, tsk, tsk. It's the reason you and Isaac became hunters in the first place, isn't it? It's so much easier to drink in the rage than to face what really happened all those years ago” Tamara’s face twisted as anger overcame her and she smacked Envy hard. Bobby and Dean had to pull her back.

Envy hissed in pain but continued to just grin…I wanted to shoot that damn grin off his face. “My point exactly. And you call us sins. We're not sins, man. We are natural human instinct. And you can repress and deny us all you want, but the truth is, you are just animals. Horny... greedy... hungry...violent animals. And you know what? You'll be slaughtered like animals, too. The others…they're coming for me”

This time, it was Mel who got close to his face, but she didn’t raise her voice. “Maybe. But they're not gonna find you…” she started.

“Cause you'll be in Hell. Someone send this clown packing” Dean said and Mel straightened herself out. “My pleasure” Tamara said and she began to read some Latin. We all walked into the other room as Envy started to scream.

“I don't think we're gonna have to worry about hunting them” Bobby stated. “What does that mean exactly?” I asked.

“I think maybe this joker's right. They're gonna be hunting us. And they're not gonna quit easy”

“You guys, why don't you take Tamara and head for the hills? I'll stay back, slow them down, buy you a little time” Dean said and I felt Mel tense again.

But, this time…she didn’t hold back…her hand collided with the side of his face and then she grabbed his chin in between her fingers and pointed a finger from her other hand in his face.

“Do you want me to knock you out? You are not going to just give up yourself to a pack of demons who will be more than happy to throw you into the pit. I will not let you. They will not let you…“ She gestured to us. “Do you understand?” she snapped and I saw how she was staring him directly in his eyes.

“She’s right, Dean” Bobby nodded.

“But there's six of them, guys…” Dean addressed all of us but kept his eyes on Mel’s.

“That just means it’s an even match…there's no place to run that they won't find us”

“Look, if we’re going down, we’re going down together” Sam said. “Right” I said, sternly.

Mel let go of Dean and took a tiny step back. “Then let's not make it easy for them” he said and she nodded. We all heard Envy scream once more and the house shook a little as a gust of wind blew out the candles that were lit. Envy was sent back to Hell. One down, six to go.

My POV

Some time passed and Dean was sitting on the floor with a row of candles behind him as he was loading both mine and his shot guns. Sam and Brit were across the room filling flasks with holy water. I decided to join them. I saw Dean look up and at Sam as Sam looked back at him. They had some kind of brother silent conversation and then I felt Dean’s eyes on me. I avoided his gaze as Brit nudged me. I looked up at her and she made a gesture at him. I didn’t respond. But, then, Dean sighed loudly as he stood up. He came over to me, grabbed my hand and started to drag me. He pulled me into a closet, shut it behind him and then pulled the string to turn on the light.

“Ya know, right now isn’t exactly a good time to be kinky and frankly the closet is a bit cliché” I crossed my arms.

“Cut the crap Mel and say what you want to say. Yell at me. Smack me again or better yet, just punch me. Do something…because not talking is killing me more than my ultimatum”

“No! Stop it! Stop talking like that! You don’t get to talk like that! Not in front of me. Ya know why? Because you sold your soul for me to live…me and Sam…all day you’ve been making stupid jokes about being sent down and you are just so willing to get the short end of the stick…it’s like you think no one cares if you’re gone or not…”

I kind of felt redundant...like I was saying this...to myself mostly...but it was because I was still in a state of shock that he would acually do something like that. For Sam I understand but for me? I don't know how he pulled it off, really....

He opened his mouth to talk. “No, you don’t get to talk. I’m talking” I said, sternly and he shut his mouth.

I wasn’t usually this demanding, I don’t think, but he needed to hear this from me. I was sick of his new attitude. “I have been so angry with you for doing what you did and I don’t know if I’ll forgive you but I’ve been trying to make the best of the days we have left together and it isn’t fair because you’re a dick head who thought he was helping…”

I lightened up a little as I was on the verge of tears but I tried to hide it. Then, I grabbed his face in my hands and stared into his eyes. “Dean…I care about you…I care about you….I care about you! How many times do you need me to say it? I’ll say it as many times as you need me to until it gets through your head that none of us want you to go down to Hell…please just…just stop being so loose about it…occasional jokes are alright, I can handle that because I’d do the same thing…but don’t try to sacrifice yourself…please” I begged him.

He stared at me with sad eyes. He nodded. “Alright” he said gently.

“No more trying to go down ahead of schedule?” I laughed under my breath a little in an attempt to somewhat lighten the mood.

He cracked a smile. “No more…”

“Are you going to ask me to kiss you again?” I smirked, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“Nah, I thought I would just do it this time” he smirked as well.

“Well then, what are you…” I started but was cut off by his lips. I smiled into it.

Then, the light started to flicker and we both looked up, smirks wiped off our faces. We raced out of the closet to hear an old radio spark to life without anyone touching it and it started playing a scratchy song. We all got our weapons and we were ready…for whatever was to come.

Brittney’s POV

We all heard Isaac’s voice. He was calling for Tamara. He was calling for her to help him. We all knew he was being possessed but Tamara sobbed and started to question it. The demon started talking about memories Isaac and Tamara had together which caused her to sob harder. It was rotten what they were doing. They were using Isaac’s body just to get to Tamara. It was horrible. Just the thought of Tamara’s pain hurt me. Then the demon mentioned something about their daughter dying and that made Tamara snap. She pushed the door open, which broke the salt line we laid out and demons started piling in. I knew Dean was planning on leading his demon up to one bathroom but there was another bathroom and the demon that was chasing after me, she cornered me.

“Hmmm Brittney Hails…ya know. You are big talk from down under, that should help boost your self esteem…but people know you as the side kick…don’t wanna hear that part do ya…I’d guess not. But, we are aware of your powers…you and Sam…oomph you two are just big liars and sinners…does he know how greedy you can be?” she smirked at me.

“Greed” I assumed.

“The one and only…you want so many things Brittney…you want to have a normal life, you want to be able to settle down, marry Sam, have his kids…you want to be brave and have courage…you want to love and be loved and feel secure…you want all these things you just cant have…”

Then, she lunged at me and in one swift move I held her down under the holy water that was in the toilet. It began to steam as she screamed under water and I waited it out until the black smoke shot out of her body.

My POV

I had Anger chasing after me. Wanna know how I knew that? He was slamming his fists into the wall repeatedly, aiming for my head as we ran down the hallway. “You really are a little bitch ya know that?” he hissed at me, smirking in a devilish way.

“Eh I’ve been called worse…you’re really angry ya know that?” I countered.

“I’m not the only one…I know how angry you are at Dean for selling his soul for you…how angry you are at your daddy for leaving you to fend for yourself in the real world…I know how angry you are at Brittney for just being around…”

“I’m not though. So there, you’re wrong”

“Maybe I am…but maybe deep down there’s a part of you that wishes Brittney wasn’t around…things would be so much easier for you, not having to look out for her all the time…it makes you angry”

“Ya know what really makes me angry right now? You” I sneered.

“I bet with our anger meshed together the sex between us would be amazing”

“Sorry but I only have angry sex with one person”

“Right...Dean…but does it make you curious what it would be like to be with someone else…you’ve never actually been the type to stay with one guy…”

He made his way over to me and then kissed me hard. I started to kiss him back but then I smashed his head into the door frame and ran into a room. “You little whore!” he shouted and lunged at me as I reached the other side of the room.

I spun to look at him and he went to strangle me and finish the job but an invisible force caused him to stop in his place and I saw the confusion on his face. I smirked and waved my finger side to side. Then, I pulled the round carpet toward me, revealing a protective circle, making him trapped and powerless. I started to recite a Latin incantation quickly. To anyone else it may have sounded like gibberish or a completely different language that no one has discovered yet…but it did the job. The demon shot out of the man’s mouth and disappeared into the ground and the man fell to the ground. I checked his pulse but there was none. That was when I saw blood coming from his mouth and his chest. I moved him slightly and saw that this man had been shot. I didn’t know how, when or who did it but I did know something…he was dead.

Dean came into view. “Oh, thank God” I heard him mutter and he rushed to my side, hugging me.

I pushed him away slightly. Even with no one watching, I wasn’t in the mood for a gushy moment of any kind…I never was…but occasionally it was amusing if it was coming from Dean. We had this thing where we would mock other couples (like Sam and Brit) for being too cheesy…all he was doing was making sure I was safe and hugging me…but I just didn’t want it. I wanted him of course…I just didn’t want to be touched…I wanted to be left alone…I’m aloud to feel that way sometimes. I do have that right. He understood and just kept his distance as he followed me out of the room.

When morning came, we burned all of the bodies. As Dean, Sam, Brit and I stood in front of the corpses that didn’t survive, Tamara was burning Isaac’s body in a different pyre. I did feel bad for her…even though she was a pain in the ass most of the time. She lost the man she loved to son of a bitch demons. We all knew she was not going to be okay…how could she be after all of this?

Bobby came walking out to us and Sam asked if there were any survivors “Well, the pretty girl and the heavy guy, they'll make it. Lifetime of therapy bills ahead, but, still…”

“That's more than you can say for these poor bastards” Dean commented.

“Bobby, that knife…what kind of blade can kill a demon?” Sam asked, referring to the blade that apparently some blond chick used to bring down these demons.

“Yesterday, I would have said there was no such thing”

“I'm just gonna ask it again…who was that masked chick? Actually, the more troubling question would be, how come a girl can fight better than you?" Dean quipped.

"I was outnumbered, Dean” Sam said, annoyed.

“Hey, whatever it takes to get you through the night, pal”

“Yeah, well, if you want a troubling question, I got one for you”

“What's that?”

“If we let out the seven deadly sins…what else did we let out?” I spoke, as if reading his mind.

“You're right. That is troubling”

When the fires started to settle down we all got ready to leave. We said goodbye to Tamara and Bobby. Brit and I got to the truck and we acted like we were having our own conversation when really we were listening in on Sam and Dean.

“Well, you know what? I've been busting my ass trying to keep you alive, Dean, and you act like you couldn't care less. What, you got some kind of death wish or something?” Sam snapped.

“It's not like that”

“Then what's it like, Dean?”

“Sam…”

“Please, tell me”

“We trap the crossroads demon, trick it, try to welch our way out of the deal in any way? You die. Okay? You die and Melissa dies. Those are the terms. There's no way out of it. If you try to find a way, so help me god, I'm gonna stop you” Dean swore and I felt my insides ach.

Sam sighed. “How could you make that deal, Dean?”

“Cause I couldn't live with you and Mel being dead. Couldn't do it”

“So, what, now we live and you die?”

“That's the general idea, yeah…and Brit lives, which is good for both you and Mel. I’m doing a lot of good deeds here”

“Yeah, well, you're a hypocrite, Dean. How did you feel when dad sold his soul for you? 'Cause I was there. I remember. You were twisted and broken. And now you go and do the same thing. To me. To Mel. What you did was selfish”

“Yeah, you're right. It was selfish. But I'm okay with that and so is Mel…”

“Well I’m not…”

“Tough”

“Don’t lie to yourself though. You know Mel isn’t okay with this…far from it…you know the girl has her fair share of issues, she doesn’t need you adding more issues to her list”

My jaw dropped. I was about to yell at him but Brit stopped me. “Don’t pull the girlfriend has issues card. After everything I've done for this family, I think I'm entitled to being a little selfish. Truth is, I'm tired, Sam. I don't know, it's like there's a light at the end of the tunnel”

“It's hellfire, Dean”

“Whatever. You're alive, Melissa’s alive, I feel good for the first time in a long time. I got a year to live, Sam. I'd like to make the most of it. So what do you say we just take it easy, spend some time with our beautiful girls, kill some evil sons of bitches and raise a little hell, huh?”

“You're unbelievable” Sam shook his head.

“Very true” Then, he looked over at us as Sam did the same. “You both can stop listening now…lets hit the road” he said, getting into the Impala.

Brit looked at me and I just shrugged. We got in the truck and started driving. “So, you beautiful girl…where to next?” Brit asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is one of my favs :)

<<333