Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

One Word: Bela

As night fell we got back to the idiots apartment when we heard about what happened to one of the idiots. A pitched fork that was used to flip steak on the grill went through his skull because he tripped into the sink and it was just sticking up. We walked in and as Sam hung back, we saw the other idiot sitting in a chair with a bottle of tequila beside him and I noticed a picture that he had just set down beside the bottle. It was of him and his friend. As soon as he saw us, he stood up.

“Oh, man. What do you want?”

“Heard about your friend” Dean stated. “We’re sorry” I added, politely. “That's bad luck” he finished.

“Piss off”

“We know someone hired you to steal the rabbit's foot. A woman”

“Oh yeah? How do you know that?”

“Because she just stole it back from us” Brit snapped with venom in her voice. She was not happy at all.

He laughed. “Listen man, this is serio-” Sam started but then there was a crash and then a thump.

Brit raced to Sam’s aid as Dean and I just stood our ground, not even bothering to turn around. I hung my head and shook it. “Sam, you okay?" Dean asked.

“Yeah, I'm good!” he called to us and Brit helped him up.

The douche bag started to smirk. “I want you to tell us her name” Dean demanded.

“Screw you”

“It wasn't a freak accident that killed your partner”

“What?”

“It was the rabbit's foot”

“You're crazy, man”

“You know I'm not. You saw what happened, what it did. All the flukes, all the luck. When you lose the foot that luck goes sour. That's what killed your friend. And my brother here is next. And who knows how many more innocent people after that. Now if you don't help us stop this thing that puts those deaths on your head” Dean said and paused.

“Now I can read people, and I get it. You're a thief, and a scumbag, that's fine. But you're not a killer. Are you?” Dean questioned and I was shocked by his completely convincing argument.

“No” the guy whispered. That was definitely impressive.

We got the information we needed and then left the apartment and walked down the block to where Dean’s car and my truck were parked. Dean’s phone was ringing and he answered as I saw him step over a piece of bubblegum. I turned and of course Sam stepped in it. I sighed.

“Bobby that's uh, great, except Sam, uh…” Dean started and he turned to look at Sam as well with Brit shaking her head. He grimaced as he lifted his shoe to look at the bottom of it. “Sam lost the foot” he admitted reluctantly.

“He what!?” I heard Bobby scream.

Dean started to explain how that chick stole it from us but I was too busy laughing at Sam as he was trying to try and scrape the gum off by using a broken storm drain grating. Brit got to my side and we both just watched in amusement.

“And she only gave the guy she hired a name, probably an alias or something, uh, Luigi or something?” Dean continued and then looked at us for clarification.

“Lugosi” we both corrected him, grinning.

We both turned to look at him, taking occasional glances over at him. I started to listen in on Bobby’s side of the conversation though. “Bela Lugosi? That's cute”

“Bela Talbot's her real name. Crossed paths with her once or twice”

“Well she knew about the rabbit's foot, is she a Hunter?”

“Pretty friggin' far from a Hunter, but she knows her way around the territory. She's been out of the country”

“Last I heard she was in the Middle East someplace”

“I guess she's back”

“Which means seriously bad luck for you”

“Great”

“But, if it is Bela, at least I might know some folks who know how to find her”

“Thanks Bobby. Again”

“Just look out for your brother, ya idjit” Bobby hung up.

Dean stuck his phone back in his pocket and I at him to stare into his eyes. He stared into mine. We had a small moment…and then Sam came over to us, looking very annoyed and he even pouted a little.

“What?” Dean asked him.

“I lost my shoe” he answered, mildly.

We all looked down and saw Sam was wearing one shoe only. Dean sighed in annoyance as Sam hung his head. Then, I couldn’t hold it in. I burst out laughing…but so did Brit. We just couldn’t stop laughing. It wasn’t even that funny but it was funny…and we haven’t had a real good laugh in a while…so this was just making up for it. Brit kissed Sam’s cheek but we both continued laughing as we walked over to the truck and got in.

~

We drove to the motel and I parked the truck. Brit and I both got out and walked over to the boys. The windows were down so I stuck my head in on Dean’s side as Brit did the same on Sam’s side.

“All right Bobby's got it on pretty good authority that this Bela chick lives in Queens. So it'll take me about two hours to get there” Dean said.

“So what are we doing here?” Sam questioned.

“You, my brother, are staying here 'cause I don't want your bad luck getting us killed. Mel will come with me and Brit will stay here with you to give you some company…just don’t get her killed okay?”

Dean and Sam got out as we all walked over to a motel room and Dean unlocked it, leading us inside, turning the light on. “What am I even supposed to do, Dean?” Sam complained.

“Nothing, nothing. Come here” he said and Sam walked over to him and sat in a chair in the middle of the room. “I don't want you doing anything. I want you to sit right here, and don't move, okay? Don't turn on the light, don't turn off the light. Don't even scratch your nose. Brit is going to sit here on the bed and you two will just talk”

Just talk. Don’t do anything that Dean and I would do. God knows what you’ll give each other” I said and Dean started to crackle with laughter and then we headed out.

Brittney’s POV

Sam and I were just talking for a bit, trying to stay occupied while we waited for Dean and Mel to get back when really the waiting was killing us both. Then, out of no where, the AC in the wall, below the window started to make some weird sounds and smoke started to pour out.

“Oh come on! I didn’t…” he started.

“Don’t worry, babe, I got it” I laughed a little. “Just…don’t move, Sam” I ordered as I got off the bed.

I went to bend down to it but it caught on fire. I spun around to see Sam standing up. “Sam!” I scolded.

“What? I-I’m sorry!” he said quickly and grabbed the comforter to try and put the fire out with it.

“No, Sam…” I sighed but then saw he got the fire out…then his sleeve caught fire.

I tried to help him get it out as he began to panic and use the curtain to try and smother it. But then, the curtain ripped and I got knocked in the head with a rod and I blacked out. Today just wasn’t a good day for any of us.

~

When I started to come to, I saw I was in a chair now as well, beside Sam in his own chair. We were both tied to the chairs with duct tape. “Oh, they’re awake!” a voice cheered. “Back with us, eh?” a second voice said.

I looked up to see two unfamiliar guys standing in front of us. “We didn't even have to touch you. You just went all spastic, and knocked yourself and your little girlfriend out. It was like watching Jerry Lewis try to stack chairs!”

“Who are you? What do you wa-” Sam started but the guy snapped his fingers in Sam’s face so he stopped talking.

“I used to think your friend Gordon sent me”

“Gordon? Oh come on!” Sam complained. “Seriously?” I added. Gordon? Really? This guy just wont quit will he.

“Yeah, he sent me to track you both down, and put a bullet in your brains”

“Great. That sounds like him” Sam said.

“Sure does” I agreed.

“But, as it turns out, I'm on a mission from God” the dude stated and then slapped Sam across the face. “Hey!” I grunted.

I sat there for a good ten to fifteen minutes just watching as the crazy God-loving douche bag was beating the crap of Sam’s beautiful face. That was my face, this guy had no right to even touch it. Sam’s cheek was bruised and his nose was bloody.

“You were both part of that Demon plan to open the gate weren't you?”

“We did everything we could to stop it” I said, trying to just stop him from hitting Sam. But then he hit me.

“Lie, lie, lie! You were in on it. You know what their next move is too, don't you?” he got in my face.

“No, we don't, OK? You're wrong about all of this, just get away from her” Sam pleaded.

“Where are they gonna hit us next?” he demanded. All Sam and I could do was sigh. Then he hit us both again. “Where?! Gordon told me about you, Sam and Brittney. About your powers. You're some kinda weirdo psychic freaks?”

“No, not any more, no powers, no visions, nothing, it just…” Sam spoke for both of us.

“Should I find Melissa then? Gordon warned me about her too, how she’s half demon…tell me…how do you both live with yourselves knowing this?”

I glared at him. “It’s easy. Ya know why? She’s just as human as you are so just bite me you son of a bitch” I spat.

He slapped me again…but this time I really felt the burn. “Alright no more lies. There's an army of Demons out there pushing at a world already on the brink. We're on deck for the endgame here, right? So maybe, just maybe you can understand why we can't take chances”

Then, he pointed his gun at Sam’s head. “No, stop it! Don’t!” I shouted. “Hold on a minute!” Sam shouted as well.

“Hey, Kubrick just…” the other guy started. “No, you saw what happened Creedy, ask yourself, why are we here? Because you saw a picture on the web? Because we chose this motel instead of another? Luck like that doesn't just happen”

“Look, I can explain all of that if…”

“Shut up! It's God, Creedy. He led us here for one reason. To do his work. This is destiny” Then he aimed the gun at Sam’s forehead.

“Cut it out!” I grunted and was struggling so hard to break free as Sam squeezed his eyes tight.

I was panicking…I felt my heart rate rise…but then the sound of another gun being cocked was heard and I never thought I’d be more happier to hear that sound.

There stood Dean and Mel with Dean’s gun cocked and pointing at this guy, Kubrik or whatever his name was. “Nope. No destiny, just a rabbit's foot” Dean spoke.

“Put the gun down son, or you're gonna be scraping brain off the wall”

“What, this thing?” Dean gestured to the gun in his hand.

“Yeah, that thing”

“Okay. But you see there's something about me that you don't know…” he started as he began to set his gun down. Was he crazy or something?

He had to have had a plan…he looked too smug for a situation like this one…and Mel was smirking. I watched as he picked up a pen. “Yeah? What would that be?”

“It's my lucky day” Dean grinned and tossed the pen toward Kubrik and we all saw it lodge itself inside the gun.

Sam and I exchanged looks and then we looked at Dean, very impressed. “Oh my God, did you see that shot!?” Dean said excitedly.

He turned to look at Mel. She nodded, laughing to herself. “I saw” she acknowledged.

Then the other dude…Creedy…lunged at Dean, aiming to punch him but Dean easily just side stepped out of the way and Mel easily just stuck her foot out. Creedy tripped over it and flew right into the wall, falling to the floor. Kubrik stared at the pen and then started to try and take it out.

“I'm amazing” Dean stated and then threw the TV remote at Kubrik.

Right as he was ready to aim the gun at Dean, the remote hit him in the head, right between his eyes and it knocked him out. We all watched as he fell to the ground. “I'm Batman” Dean said, being very suave.

“Yeah. You're Batman” Sam said, sarcastically and I snickered as Mel rolled her eyes at him.

My POV

Night came and we got to a cemetery and started a fire. Sam and Brit put in some ingredients as Dean set his jacket on a stone and we all surrounded the fire as it began to spark.

“All right, say goodbye wascally wabbit” Dean quipped, holding up the rabbit’s foot, ready to toss it. But, then we heard the sound of a gun being cocked. We all turned around to see the blond bitch…AKA Bela.

“I think you'll find that belongs to me. Or, you know, whatever. Put the foot down, honey”

“No. You're not going to shoot anybody. See I happen to be able to read people. Okay, you're a thief, fine, but you're not…”

I couldn’t believe Dean was trying that with this friggin thief. I started to roll my eyes but then the sound of the gun firing caught my attention. I heard Sam groan and I spun to see he fell to the ground.

“You son of a…” I started saying, taking a step forward but then another shot went off and this time…I was the one she shot!

“Hey! Cut that out!” Dean yelled at her.

“Back off, tiger. Back off. You make one more move and I'll pull the trigger” she threatened as Dean was at my side, looking at my wound.

It wasn’t that bad. It would’ve been worse if I hadn’t moved. I tried to move faster but she caught me completely off guard, which I so was not used to. I saw Sam had it worse though. She got him directly in the shoulder, the bullet aimed at me got the top of my shoulder and cut off a lot of skin so I was bleeding, but it went right on through.

“You've got the luck, Dean. You, I can't hit. But your girlfriend, your brother and his girlfriend? Them I cant miss”

“What the Hell is wrong with you?! You don't just go around shooting people like that!” Dean yelled at her like she was crazy…because she was!

“Relax. It's a shoulder hit, I can aim. Besides, who here hasn't shot a few people”

“Yea, do it again you son of a bitch and see what happens…” I started but Dean covered my mouth with his hand.

“No! No! She was just kidding!” he yelled at the crazy bitch.

“Put the rabbit's foot on the ground now” she demanded.

“All right! All right. Take it easy” he said and started to bend down slowly.

I was glaring as Dean went to put it on the ground… “Think fast” he said and quickly threw the foot at her. She caught it and I smirked as Dean did too, standing up.

“Damn” Bela cursed.

“Now, what do you say we destroy that ugly-ass piece of dead thing?” Dean suggested.

Then, Bela dropped the foot into the embers. “Thanks very much. I'm out one and a half million, and on the bad side of a very powerful, fairly psychotic buyer”

“Wow. I really don't feel bad about that. Mel?” Dean started.

“Nope. I don’t feel bad about that at all. Brit?”

“Nuh uh. Cant say I feel bad. Sam?”

“Nope. Not even a little”

“Hmm. Maybe next time I'll hang you out to dry” she threatened.

Then, she turned to walk away and leaned on the stone where Dean’s jacket laid. “Oh don't go away angry, just go away” Dean requested.

“Have a nice night, boys. Girls” she smirked at all of us and then walked away as the foot burned up in the fire.

“You good?” Dean asked, looking at Sam.

“I’ll live”

Then Dean looked at me and just asked with his eyes. “I’m fine” I nodded. Brit looked at me with concerned eyes. “I’m fine” I repeated, assuring her.

“I guess we're back to normal now, huh? No good luck, no bad luck. Oh! I forgot we're up $46,000, I almost forgot about the…” Dean said happily as he walked over to his jacket. “Scratch tickets” he finished as he started to look through all of his jacket pockets but there was nothing.

Bela’s car revved up, coming to life and roaring as she sped off in the distance. We all exchanged looks and then just watched the bitch drive off. “Son of a bitch!” Dean yelled in a lot of anger.

I couldn’t help but snicker a little…even though I was just as pissed as he was. The crazy, blond bitch was going to cause us more trouble in the future and it was not going to be good.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333