Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Ghost Out Of Water

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Our next case was stupid…and I might only be saying that because we found Dean at some girls house. See, it started out with Brit and I meeting a friend of the Winchester’s. He hit on me and Brit right away. Then, one look from Dean and a protective arm wrapped around Brit coming from Sam, the dude backed off immediately. Dean and I weren’t acting very couple-like…but we weren’t acting like neither of us existed either…or like when we first met…but he still showed that he cared somewhat. The town was filled with drugs hookers, booze…and a lot of sex was going on. It was just like a smaller version of Vegas but twice as dirty. Anyway, there were weird deaths happening to people that were deeply loved. Anyway, Dean apparently came up with something and just disappeared. Then, the priest brought us to some girls house. Yea, Dean and I were having out little fight and not really speaking to each other but it didn’t mean I wanted him to cheat on me…I didn’t deserve to be cheated on.

The priest turned demonic and Bobby showed up in time with the colt…Ruby got him there. Brit really didn’t like her…it was amusing. But anyway, Dean wasn’t cheating…he was just stuck in a basement with a demonic son of a bitch. He seemed a little weird when Sam shot her though…I don’t know, maybe it was just me.

Our next case was strange…people were living the lives of fairy tales…just in a more gruesome way. A couple got lost in the woods and ended up at some old woman’s house who fed them pie. Yea, it was a nice gesture right? Except for the fact that she drugged the pie and then hacked the husband to death with a butcher’s knife…it resembled Hansel and Gretel. Three construction workers who were brothers, were attacked by a wolf…one lived to tell us about it…they resembled Three Little Pigs. One girl was getting beaten by her evil step mother…Cinderella. We found out it was because of this girl in the hospital who resembled Snow White. The doctor, who was her father, just couldn’t let her go and her angry spirit was causing all of this. So, while Dean and I went to hunt down the wolf that attacked Little Red Riding Hood’s grandmother, Sam and Brit worked on convincing the dad/doctor. Of course, with their puppy dog eyes put together, they managed.

Now, we were on a new case. When we got to the witness’ house. Dean and Sam seemed a little tense toward each other but whatever, it wasn’t my problem. As long as we got the job done. We stood in front of an old woman, named Gert Case, as she held a picture in her hand of the victim.

“But I don't understand. I already went over all this with the other detectives. Now, I have to explain it to four more?” she questioned.

“Right, but see we’re their interns, learning standard procedures” I said, gesturing to Brit and I.

“And we're with the sheriff's department, not the police department…different departments” Dean said. Smooth.

“So, Mrs. Case…” Sam started.

“Please, Ms. Case” she insisted.

She stared up at Sam with very suggestive eyes and then looked him up and down. I started to smile and snicker as Brit did the same thing since she noticed it too. Sam smiled awkwardly at her.

“Okay. Um, Ms. Case, um... you were the one who found your niece, correct?”

“I came home, she was in the shower”

“Drowned?”

“So the coroner says. Now, you tell me, how can someone drown in a shower?

“How would you describe Sheila's behavior in the days before her death? I mean, did she seem frightened? Maybe she said something out of the ordinary?” Sam asked and Ms. Case made a face.

“Wait a minute, you're working with Alex, aren't you” she assumed.

We all exchanged looks and shrugged. “Yep, absolutely. That’s, ha, ha, ha...Alex and us, we're like this” Dean answered, crossing his fingers to show her.

“Why didn't you say so? Alex has been such a comfort. But I'm sorry, I thought the case was solved”

“Well, no. No, not yet” Sam said.

“I see”

“So, anyways, we were talking about your niece”

“Well, yes. Sheila mentioned something quite strange before she died. She said she saw a boat”

“A boat?” Brit questioned.

“Yes, one minute it was there, then it was gone. It just disappeared right before her eyes. You think it could be a ghost ship?” she asked and we all exchanged looks again.

She really did think it was a ghost ship…well at least she wouldn’t be thinking we were crazy if that was our conclusion. “Alex thinks it could be a ghost ship”

“Well, uh, could be” Sam nodded.

She nodded as well as she didn’t take her eyes off Sam. “Well, you let me know if there's anything else I can do for you”

Sam nodded again and then Ms. Case rose her hand up and stroked Sam’s finger. Brit and I almost burst out laughing but we managed to hold it in. Dean had this shocked look on his face as Sam moved his hands away slowly and looked down at her, nervously.

“Anything at all” she added and he shifted uncomfortably. Dean started to hide his mouth behind his hand as he started to smile as well.

Soon enough, we left and we got to the boardwalk, walking on it as I stared at some of the boats that were docked. “What a crazy, old broad” Dean commented. “Why? Because she believes in ghosts?” Sam questioned.

“Ha, ha look at you, sticking up for your second girlfriend, you cougar hound. Better watch out Brit” Dean laughed and so did I.

“Eh I think I’d be able to share him with her. She seemed…very infatuated with him” she laughed. “Bite me” he sneered at both of them.

“Not if Ms. Case bites you first” I smirked and Dean chuckled.

Brit hooked her arm around Sam’s and she giggled lightly, leaning into him. Dean and I glanced at each other but just kept walking. We were distant physically and emotionally. I guess you could say we were taking some kind of break. Brit and Sam know we had this fight and that’s why we were acting weird but what they don’t know is what the fight was about.

Flashback

“Mel, I don’t know what you want from me. I don’t know why you’re acting this way…”

“You don’t know why?! Dean you’re going to Hell!”

“Yea? So? What does that have to do with us?”

“It has a lot to do with us…” I sighed. He just stared at me, waiting impatiently for me to continue. “Dean…I know you. You aren’t the single girl commitment type…you’re the one night stand type and yea I was the same way…”

“But, I’m changing. I can be the single girl commitment type”

“Can you? Can you really?” I questioned.

“Fine then, you wanna break up? Just like that?!” he raised his voice at me.

“If you want to then yea! But, remember it was your idea” I smirked smugly and with that, I walked out of the motel room.


End Flashback

It was kind of really bad of me but I tricked him into saying he wanted to break up…I didn’t want all of the blame for the break up/non break up, whatever it is…and that was selfish of me. We never talked about it ever since…but ever since it was like every moment we got we were undressing each other with our eyes. I know I wasn’t going to make things less complicated…and I really did think this would make things less complicated…but really, all it did was make things more complicated. So now, we were still together but we weren’t together at the same time…damn it, I didn’t know what the hell we were.

Right now, I had to focus on the job. Every 37 years, exactly, there have been reports of a vanishing three-mast clipper ship out in the bar and every 38 years there have been some weird dry-land drownings. Apparently all you have to do is see the ship and a few hours later, you’re dead. Now, all we have to do is ID the boat…except there have been over 150 three-mast clipper ships wrecked off the coast…so yea, wont be easy.

We got to where we parked the Impala. I parked the truck around the corner up ahead since there was no more parking over here…but we saw the Impala was gone. “This is where we parked the car right?” Dean asked. “I thought so” Sam said.

“Where’s my car?”

“Did you feed the meter?” Brit asked him.

“Yes, I fed the meter. Guys, where's my car? Somebody stole my car!” Dean shouted and paced a little.

“Hey, hey, hey, hey, calm down, Dean…” Sam started.

“I am calmed down! Somebody stole my…” Dean started but then he started hyperventilating as he put both hands on his knees.

"Okay, okay, take it easy” I instructed as I got to his side and so did Sam. We made sure he wouldn’t fall over. “Breath” I ordered and he started to take deep breaths.

“The '67 Impala?” a voice questioned. We all saw Bela as she walked over to us and we were all irritated just at the sight of her. “Was that yours?” she smirked.

“Bela” Sam, Brit and I stated.

“I'm sorry, I had that car towed”

“You what?!” Dean shouted at her.

“Well, it was in a tow-away zone”

“No, it wasn't!”

“It was when I finished with it”

“What the hell are you even doing here?” I glared at her.

She shrugged. “A little yachting”

You're Alex. You're working with that old lady” Brit realized.

“Gert's a dear old friend”

“Yeah, right, what's your angle?” Dean asked.

“There's no angle, there's a lot of lovely old women like Gert up and down the eastern seaboard. I sell them charms; perform séances so they can commune with their dead cats”

“And let me guess, it's all a con, none of its real”

“The comfort I provide them is very real” She started to walk away.

“How do you sleep at night?” Sam sneered.

“On silk sheets, rolling naked in money” she answered.

It wasn’t a bad idea…I wish I could do that. I glanced at Dean and saw he had the same look I did. We shrugged at each other.

“Oh but before I forget, I just saw an old, rusted out dark green truck get towed away as well. Not too long ago” she smirked.

My eyes widened. “No” I whispered. Then, I took off, heading around the corner where I parked the truck. It was gone. “Son of a bitch!” I screamed.

I stormed back to all of them and went to grab my gun and just shoot this bitch but Brit stopped me. “Look just stay out of my way before you cause more trouble…and I'd get to that car if I were you, before they find the arsenal in the trunk…and the arsenal in that secret little compartment of the truck” she continued to smirk and then walked off. “Ciao”

We all stared at the bitch as she walked away. “Can I shoot her?” Dean and I both asked at the same time.

Brit and Sam both paused, considering our request. Brit looked up at Sam, nodding with hope but he shook his head and she sighed in disappointment. “Not in public” Sam answered.

~~

Once we got the Impala and my truck, we got to another crime scene. As Brit and I just waited in the truck, the boys went in to talk to the witness. We thought it would be better and not have peoples’ suspicions rise. I was skimming through a magazine while we waited as Brit just sat there. Even though I was trying to ignore her, I could feel she wanted to say something to me.

“Channing Tatum is definitely one of the hottest guys in the world” I commented, trying to get some kind of conversation going.

I really didn’t care for Channing Tatum…even though he was hot…the silence was just killing me though. “Okay, are you going to tell me what your fight with Dean was about?” she finally said.

“Nope” I said, popping the P as I continued to skim the magazine.

“Why not? Not knowing what’s going on with you two is killing me

“And that’s why I’m not telling you” I looked up to smirk smugly at her. She gave me a pointed look. I sighed. “Look…it’s just…I don’t know. He’s going to Hell and…”

“And you’re so in deep and you don’t want to get hurt in the end”

“Which will happen…”

“But, Mel, I don’t think he wants to be with anyone else…even if it’s a one night stand with some sexy girl who will take off their thongs for anybody…so, why not just give him you for the time he still has here with us?” she gave me a sad look. She did have a point.

Before, I could reply though, I saw Bela come out of the house and she walked over to two policemen. “Oh no…Brit, we have a problem” I said and got out of the truck. “Crap” she muttered as she saw Bela.

We walked quickly over to her and the two police officers. We got Bela out of the way as she tried to blow Sam and Dean’s cover but we worked out charm on the police officers. Lucky for us, they were just two single, horny guys…so we got their minds off of Bela and the boys. I noticed the guys managed to get out of the house and get back to the Impala. We let the officers give us their numbers but then just crumbled them up when we got back to the truck and threw the pieces of paper in the back seat.

We drove off and once we were far enough, we pulled to the side and parked next to the sidewalk. Brit and I jumped up into the bed of the truck and I carefully moved my bike to the side and opened up the compartment to our arsenal. We started to load our guns and then I glanced over my shoulder at Dean but saw Bela walking up to him and Sam as they were standing at the trunk, loading their own guns.

“Seriously?” I muttered, standing up. “Come on!” Brit complained and we both walked over to all of them.

“I see you got your car and your truck back” she stated.

“Do you really want to come near me when I’ve got a loaded gun in my hands?” Dean questioned.

“Now, now, mind your blood pressure. Why are you even still here? You have enough to I.D. the boat”

“That guy back there saw the ship” Sam stated and the boys tossed their guns into the trunk.

“Yeah? And?”

“And he's going to die…so we’re going to save him” Brit said like it was most obvious.

“How sweet”

“You think this is funny?” I sneered.

“He's cannon fodder. He can't be saved in time, and you know it”

“Yeah, well, see, we have souls, so we're gonna try” Dean said.

“Well, I'm actually gonna find the ship and put an end to this. But you have fun” she said and as she started to walk away, we all exchanged a look.

“Hey, Bela, how'd you get like this, huh? What, did Daddy not give you enough hugs or something?” Dean questioned and she stopped to turn around and face us again.

“I don't know. Your daddy give you enough?” she countered and he smirked, nodding. “Don't you dare look down your nose at me, you're not better than I am”

“We help people”

“Come on, you do this out of vengeance and obsession. You’re a stone's throw from being a serial killer. Whereas I, on the other hand, I get paid to do a job and I do it. So, you tell me…which is healthier?”

“Bela, maybe you should just leave now okay?” I suggested. “Yea, we’ve got work to do” Sam added.

“Yeah. You’re 0 for 2. Bang-up job so far” she spat and spun around to continue walking away. I glared at the bitch as she did so. I really didn’t like her.

~~~

As night fell, we all decided to stake out at the guy’s house. His name was Peter. Brit and I hung back a little as Sam and Dean were right in front of his house. It was kind of moronic if you ask me. “Well?” Brit spoke.

“Well what?” I asked, looking at the house, completely oblivious to what she was getting at.

“Well…are you going to do something about Dean?”

I sighed. “Brit, just…stop asking okay. I don’t ask you about Sam”

“No but that’s because there’s nothing to ask about. We’re happy…you and Dean are just two miserable people who belong together” she gushed and I rolled my eyes at her.

Then, she laughed. But stopped when we saw the guy come out of his house and over to his gate, yelling at the boys. We both froze. This wasn’t good. Dean and Sam got out of the Impala to make their way toward Peter. Then, Peter turned to take off toward his car and Sam and Dean went after him. That was when Brit and I got out as well.

“Friggin morons” I muttered as we got to their sides at the gate.

“Hey, you moron, we’re trying to help you!” Dean yelled at him.

“What happened?” I asked them.

“He panicked” Sam said.

We watched as Peter tried to take off in his car down the driveway but it died. “That cant be good” Dean commented. “We need a salt gun” I stated. Dean raced back to the Impala as we tried to get the gate opened.

“Mel!” Dean shouted.

I spun and he tossed me the shot gun and with one swift motion, I pumped it and then shot at the lock. It flew off and we ran through and over to the car. Peter was spitting out water like no tomorrow. It was coming out like a water fall. Sam and Brit raced over to peter’s side and tried to get him out but the door was locked. Then, we all saw a man in the passenger seat.

“Sam! Brittney!” I yelled so they would move over and I shot through the passenger side window so the man disappeared.

So then Dean reached his hand through the broken window to unlock the door. Brit checked for a pulse but then sighed and looked at all of us with a sad face. Sam sighed as well. Dean slammed his fist against the inside of the passenger door.

“Damn it!” I cursed and kicked the tire.

All we could do was leave and we got back on the road. “We cant save everybody…I know that…”

“But, you feel like lately you cant save anybody? Yea, me too” she replied, leaning her head against the window. I sighed and just kept driving.

~~~~~

The next day we were all just in some abandoned house, unsure of what our next move should be. Brit and Sam were sitting at a table in front of a fireplace and they were both reading books that were scatted across the table, occasionally saying something to each other here and there and Brit would smile and giggle quietly. Dean was sitting in a chair by the coffee table with his foot on the table and he was just staring at his phone. I sighed as I was leaning my elbows on the counter in the kitchen but I still had a perfect view of the others. I hated just sitting here and waiting for something to come to us.

There was a knock at the door. So, I walked over to it and looked through the peep hole. I rolled my eyes and just walked away. Dean looked at me weirdly as he walked over to the door himself. I went back to the counter and saw Dean look through the peep hole. Then, he rolled his eyes too but he unlocked the door and let her in.

“Bout time…dear god... are you actually squatting?” she crossed across the room and looked at all of us. “Charming, so, how did things go last night with Peter?” she smirked. Sam and Brit glared at her but none of us answered her. “That well, huh?”

“If you say ‘I told you so’, I swear to god, I’ll start swinging” Dean threatened.

“Look, I think the five of us should have a heart-to-heart”

“Assuming you have a heart” I glared at her.

“Melissa, please” she said and Dean sat on a chair beside Sam and Brit as I sat down on the coffee table. We all stayed silent. “I’m sorry about what I said before, okay? I come bearing gifts”

“Such as?” Brit questioned.

“I’ve I.D.’ed the ship” she smirked.

We all exchanged looks…and I could just feel the tension in the room. We were grateful about the ID of the ship but we were angry we didn’t figure it out ourselves.

She took out a picture of the folder she was holding and handed it to me. It was a picture of an old boat. “It’s the Espirito Santo, a merchant sailing vessel. Quite a colorful history, in 1859, a sailor was accused of treason. He was tried aboard ship in a kangaroo court and hanged, he was 37” she explained.

“Which would explain the 37-year cycle?” Sam questioned.

“Aren't you a sharp tack?” she quipped.

“There's a photo of him somewhere...here…” she handed me another photo as I handed the boat picture off to Dean.

I looked at the new one she handed to me “Isn't that the customer we saw last night?” I questioned and got up to show the others the picture.

“You saw him?”

“Yeah, that's him, except he was missing a hand” Dean said.

“His right hand” she stated.

“How did you know?” Sam asked.

“The sailor's body was cremated, but not before they cut off his hand to make a Hand of Glory”

“A Hand of Glory? I think I got one of those at the end of my Thai massage last week” Dean smiled, smugly and my face flushed, getting what he just said.

I saw Sam trying to hide his amused smile as he looked at me and cleared his throat. “Don’t look at me” I said, putting my hands up in defense.

I really didn’t want people to know about my sex life, especially when it’s with Dean. Bela rolled her eyes at him as he stopped smiling. “Dean, the right hand of a hanged man is a serious occult object. It’s very powerful” Brit said.

“So they say”

“And officially counts as remains” Dean declared.

“But still none of this explains why the ghost is choosing these victims” Sam noted.

“I’ll tell you why. Who cares? Find the hand, burn it, and stop the bloody thing”

“I don't get it. Why are you telling us all this?” I asked.

“Because I know exactly where the hand is”

“Where?” I eyed her.

“At the Sea Pines Museum, as a macabre bit of maritime history. But I need help”

“What kind of help?” Sam asked. But, she just smiled at all of us.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333