Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Focus On The Here And Now...Right?

Dusk came closer and Brit, Bela and I were all in dresses, waiting for Dean to come downstairs. “This is stupid” I muttered as Brit put a diamond necklace around my neck.

“Relax. You look great” Bela said and Brit and I gave her weird looks.

“A compliment…really? Are you bi polar or something?” I asked her.

“I can be honest, ya know”

I looked down at the dress I was wearing. It was black, strapless and elegant. My hair was pulled back and I was wearing a diamond necklace and earrings. Brit looked similar to me but she was wearing a strapless peach colored dress instead and her hair was just straight. Then, Bela had a similar dress to my own but hers had straps on it and her hair was up as well. These were the closest things to elegance that Brit and I owned and actually carried around with us.

“Dean will be blown away” Brit whispered to me. “What’s taking him so long anyway?” I questioned. “I don’t know…come on Dean! Sam’s already there with his date” Bela said and Brit and I both snickered.

“I’m so not okay with this!” Dean called down to us.

“What are you, a woman?”

“Yea, just come down already Dean, Mel’s freaking out too, you’ll find it funny” Brit said and I just stuck my tongue out at her, glaring.

I walked into the living room to get Sam’s books together so we could just leave when we were done with this case. Then, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I peeked around the corner and I saw Dean come down the stairs wearing a tux…and I swear to you…all the words in my head…all the breath in my lungs…it all slipped away from me. I stared at him in awe, hiding behind the wall.

“Alright, get it out, I look ridiculous” he said as he got off the last step and stood in front of Bela and Brit.

We were all staring at him in awe. “Not exactly the word I’d use” Bela said and all Brit did was shake her head.

I could see how confused and completely oblivious he was to their looks. “What?” he asked.

“You know, when this is over, we should really have angry sex” Bela said and I wanted to rip out her hair.

He looked confused at first and then he caught on and almost smiled but stopped himself and crossed his arms, looking offended. “Don't objectify me” he said and I rolled my eyes, smiling.

“Yea, that’s my job…” I started, walking over to them. “Umm you guys ready to go?” I asked, avoiding Dean’s stare.

His eyes were glued on me and I shifted uncomfortably. “Yea, lets go” Bela said and her and Brit headed toward the door.

I turned to follow them but Dean stopped me. “You look…” he started but seemed at a loss for words. “I could say the same thing about you” I looked him up and down.

“Later, you and me” he whispered in my ear.

“Nuh uh in your dreams” I whispered back.

"Oh yea” he nodded, chuckling and I laughed. It was a genuine laugh.

We walked over to the door as Brit opened it and we saw another car parked in the driveway with a really hot guy was leaning up against it in a tux, wearing sunglasses and his blond hair was spiked. Lets compare him to…Logan Huntsburger from that show, Gilmore Girls. Hey, my sister was really obsessed with that show, I just happened to catch a few episodes.

“Who is that?” I asked Bela.

“That, my dear Melissa, is your date” she answered.

“My date?” I asked.

“Yep, I figured Brittney would get there and steal Sam and if you didn’t mind, I would steal Dean for a bit”

“He’s all yours” I laughed.

The mystery hot guy looked up at us, smiled and started walking over to us. “He is gorgeous” Brit hissed in my ear. “He isn’t that gorgeous” Dean mumbled and Brit and I nudged him.

“Melissa, I’d like you to meet my brother, Aiden. Aiden, this is Melissa, she’ll be your date” Bela introduced.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Melissa” he said, smoothly, kissing my hand. Then he looked Brit up and down. “Hmmm I cant have both of them?” he asked and my cheeks started to hurt from all the smiling I was doing.

“I uhh I have uh…” Brit stammered.

“A boyfriend. She has a boyfriend. Can we go now please?” Bela urged as she headed toward her car with Dean.

“Shall we?” Aiden said, offering his arm to both me and Brit. We headed over to the really nice car he came in.

Sam had taken the Impala and it was easier to leave the truck here. Aiden opened the passenger door for me and the back seat passenger door for Brit and we both got in. As Aiden went around to get in the front seat, I saw Dean eyeing me and then he was giving Aiden a hard stare but Aiden seemed to ignore him.

“Ready ladies?” he asked us.

“Yep!” we both chimed. Then, he pulled out and began to drive.

“So…are you really Bela’s brother?” I asked him.

He chuckled. “Yea, I am…but she likes to do her own thing while I do my own thing. She said she needed help though so I thought I would give her my assistance…she said it involved a pretty girl” he glanced at me.

I felt heat rise to my cheeks…whoa, hold up. I do not fawn over a boy and become putty in their fingers. I quickly got the blush off my cheeks. “But, she didn’t mention two pretty girls…not even pretty, they’re both hot” he smirked.

“Okay you can stop complimenting us now, you’re already in”

“Great! No secret tests? Sounds good to me”

“I’m sorry but how are you related to her?” Brit asked and I was just as curious.

He laughed. “She really isn’t a bitch once you get to know her…and if you’re on her side…and if you have the connections that I do” he smiled.

We got to the Sea Pines Museum and a valet parked the car as Aiden held out his arms to Brit and I and we happily hooked our arms with his and he escorted us inside to wear classical music was playing and many other men and woman in tuxedoes and elegant dresses were socializing with one another. Dean and Bela came soon after us and she scolded him for chewing some gum. I saw him take it out and stick it under a fountain. I rolled my eyes at him. Then, we went over to the bar and seconds later, we saw Sam and Gert Case come walking in arm-in-arm. I snickered but I saw Brit was looking Sam up and down in astonishment. I just rolled my eyes at her.

Sam seemed to tell Gert something before she walked away and he came over to us. He kissed Brit’s cheek. “Exactly how long do you expect me to entertain my date?” he asked.

“As long as it takes” Bela replied, smirking.

“Who are you?” Sam asked, kind of rudely, to Aiden.

“I’m Bela’s brother, Aiden” he offered his hand.

“You going to shoot us too?” he sneered.

“Oh come on you big baby” Bela complained. “You shot them?” Aiden asked, incredulous, jerking his thumb as me and Sam. “I said I was sorry” she huffed.

“Look, there's security all over this place, all right? This is an un-crashable party without Gert's invitation…we’re lucky we even got Mel and Brit in here…” Dean said.

“We can crash anything, Dean”

“Yeah, I know. But this is easier…”

“And it's a lot more entertaining” I laughed.

“You know there are limits to what I’ll do, right?”

“Aw, he's playing hard-to-get. That’s cute” Dean quipped.

I laughed. “Okay Brit, you try to keep Sam some company so he doesn’t pout too much with Gret. We‘ll go check out the place” I said and grabbed Aiden’s hand as we started to walk away in one direction and Bela and Dean went in another.

“So what’s the deal with you and Dean?” he smirked. “Thought you said you didn’t have a boyfriend”

“I don’t…”

“Well it doesn’t seem like that to me. From the way he keeps looking at you and staring me down…”

“Well…I don’t really know what we are…we were…but then we had this fight and…I don’t know what we are anymore. We haven’t talked…and I guess that’s my fault…it’s just really complicated” I babbled.

He chuckled. “Well you should uncomplicate it before I end up getting my ass kicked for doing something bad like kissing you”

I turned to face him so we stopped walking. “Do you want to kiss me?” I asked but didn’t give him time to answer. “Then do it”

He came closer to me and lowered his voice. “I know what you’re doing…you want to see if he’ll fight for your relationship…you want to see if the whole thing is worth it…and you’re using me to do it” he smirked.

He was right. That was what I was doing. I knew Dean wasn’t the type to test if he would fight for a relationship…and he probably wouldn’t show that he wanted to fight…but it was amusing to try…and it was a bonus for me because I got to kiss this guy in front of me.

“Is that so bad?” I smirked.

“For him, yea” he said and then kissed me. It was an awesome kiss.

He pulled away and in the corner of my eye, I saw Dean watch…but then he started heading over to us…I wasn’t expecting that. “I need to talk to you…now” he said sternly, gripping my arm very tight and pulling me away.

I looked back at Aiden and saw him smiling, shaking his head. But, then Dean started to play it off coolly as he wrapped my arm around his and we sauntered into another room. The stairs were blocked off by some security dude and chatter filled the air of the people walking around. He grabbed two champagne glasses and handed me one.

“Dean, what are you doing? You’re supposed to be Bela’s date” I reminded him.

He scoffed. “I don’t want to be that bitch’s date” he said, taking a sip of the champagne. I laughed under my breath. “You tricked me” he hissed, smirking at me.

“Did you figure that all on your own?” I smirked back.

“…Sam helped” he answered and I took a sip as well. “But that’s not fair. You cant just trick me like that”

“Why not?”

“Because you just cant. Why cant you just let me be your boyfriend? Let me be your date instead, let me be able to kiss you, not that dick…let me feel up your dress”

I laughed and he grinned. “Ya know why I cant? Because then…that would just be too easy” I whispered in his ear and then smirked. He smirked back at me but his was more in disbelief.

Then, Bela and Aiden came back over to us and looked around. “Private security?” Bela questioned.

“I don't think so…look at the way they're standing. They’re pros, probably state troopers moonlighting” I noted.

“Posted to every door, too” Aiden added. “Yeah. I don't think we're gonna be able to just waltz upstairs” Dean said.

“What do you suggest?” Bela asked.

“I’m thinking”

“Don't strain yourself. Interesting, how the legend is so much more than the man”

“You got any bright ideas, I’m all ears”

“I got an idea…you in?” I asked Bela.

She smiled at me almost out of gratitude. “Yea…one…”

“Two…” I said and we both started to laugh very loudly.

The boys started to give us weird looks. “Three” she said and then on cue, we both fell to the ground.

But, I felt arms catch me and lower me down. I saw Dean had caught me but I kept still since I was supposed to be passed out. “Honey? Honey? Are you all right? Waiter…” Dean said and I heard someone come close.

“Umm our wives here, have a severe shellfish allergy…” Dean thought quickly. “There’s no crab in that, is there?” Aiden asked.

“No, sir"

“No?” Dean questioned. Pause. “Oh, they’re excellent by the way” he said as I heard him chewing something. Seriously, Dean?

“What seems to be the trouble?” a different voice said.

“The champagne” Aiden said before Dean could come up with another brilliant excuse…can you hear my sarcasm?

“Our wives. They’re lightweights when it comes to the sauce. It’s only when they hang out together when they really want to drink so we try to keep them away from the stuff but you know how women are. Is there somewhere we can lay them down until they get back on their feet?”

“Follow me” the voice said.

“Right” Dean said and I felt him lift me off the ground. I took in his scent…and how he felt in his tux…and I imagined what he felt like without the tux on…this was not good for my health…he wasn’t good for my health.

Brittney’s POV

I watched in much amusement at the bar as Sam was dancing with Gret. If it was any other girl…like a younger, pretty girl I would’ve been jealous…but I just couldn’t stop laughing at the sight of him dancing with this old woman. I saw them talk and Sam was uncomfortable the whole time and then I saw her grab his ass! I almost choked on my drink when she did that. He jumped a little in surprise. I tried not to laugh too loud.

“What are we watching?” the bar tender asked me.

“See him…that’s my boyfriend” I pointed out Sam.

“That poor bastard…what did he do to deserve that?”

“Nothing. It’s just funny” I replied and he laughed.

“Well I like your style” he commented.

Thank you” I nodded.

As Gret was talking, Sam glanced over his shoulder at me and tried to use his head to gesture to me to go save him. I just raised my glass to him and grinned. Then, I saw Gert start to lower her hand again. “Hey, hey look at this” I said and the bar tender got to me again to look over at Sam.

But, right when she was about to grab his ass again…she moved her hand to the front of him. My jaw dropped as the bar tender burst out laughing but tried to control it. Sam jumped even more this time. I looked up at the bar tender. “Okay, I’ll go save him now” I said and tipped him.

I hoped off the stool and sauntered over to the two. “Excuse me Ms. Case, may I cut in please?” I asked, politely.

“I’m sorry sweetie but I don’t think this nice man wants to dance with a girl young enough to be his daughter”

I scoffed. “How old do you think I am?”

I was not that small. I may be kind of petite but I can pack a punch…and I’m not that short.I started, getting ready to get all up in this old lady’s face but Sam gave me a look so I calmed down. “Let me rephrase this…what I meant to say was…your car is being towed” I smiled at her.

“What? I am not tipping the valet…” she muttered, racing out.

Sam held out his hand to me and I took it, placing my other hand on his shoulder and his other hand went to my waist. “The nerve…I do not look that young” I muttered.

He chuckled. “No you don’t. You look like my Brittney…the girl who let me suffer with that crazy woman just now” he said and I laughed.

“Sam, you gotta take one for the team”

“Why don’t you take one for the team?”

“Because I’m not the one she likes…find me an old grandpa and I’ll dance with him if you want…but for now you have to entertain her…”

“I rather be entertaining you” he leaned down and kissed me.

I smiled, staring into his eyes. “Try to get some more information out of her” I patted his shoulder and then walked away.

He stood there in disbelief, just staring at me as I sat back on my stool. I smiled, nodding over at Gret who was walking back over to Sam. I laughed as they picked up where they started.

I watched Sam’s face as Sam seemed to be getting somewhere. Then Dean, Mel, Bela and Aiden came back over to me and we walked over to Gert and Sam. “Well, having a nice time?” Bela asked.

Gert walked up to her. “He’s delightful…he wants me” she whispered and then fainted as Bela caught her.

“I’m going to get Gert into a cold shower” Bela said. “Great idea” Sam sighed. “See you at the cemetery” she said and was about to walk away.

“Umm not me…you don’t need my help anymore so I have another job to get back to” Aiden spoke. “Awe, so soon?” Bela pouted.

“Yea, I gotta go, but keep in touch” he said, kissing her cheek. “It was nice meeting you all” he said to us and winked at Mel and then eyed me. Mel and I smirked. That little player.

~~

My POV

We got back to the abandoned house and Brit lit some candles as we had our stuff packed and I was pacing around. After everything tonight, Bela still managed to take what didn’t belong to her. She got the hand. The hand we needed to end this whole thing.

“You know what? You’re right, I’m not gonna kill her. I think slow torture's the way to go” Dean said.

“I cant believe you let her get the hand!” I yelled at him.

“Whoa, hold up. I did not let her. You were there too! You didn’t notice? No. Because you were too busy flirting away…”

“Dean! Look, you have to relax” Sam said.

“Relax?! Oh, yeah, yeah, I’ll relax. I can’t believe she got another one over on us!”

“No, not us. You. She got one over on you” I snapped at him.

“Thank you, Melissa. That’s very helpful…she got one over you too though! When you both had your little friendship moment, you thought you were being all buddy-buddy with each other!”

“No, I didn’t! I did what I had to do in order for us to get the hand…!”

“Cut it out! Both of you! It’s over and done with already!” Brit yelled at us and we shut up.

Then there was a knock at the door. “Hello, could you open up?” a voice called quickly.

It was Bela. Dean and I had this disbelief look on our faces as he opened the door. We all ganged up together and glared at her at once. “Just let me explain. I sold it” she said.

We let her in, reluctantly and she sat down at the table. “I had a buyer lined up as soon as I knew it existed”

“So, the whole reason for us going to the charity ball was...?” Sam questioned. “I needed a cover, you were convenient…plus it was amusing” she shrugged.

“You’re in no position to mock any of us right now” Brit said, monotonously. “You’re right” I heard her mutter but no one else did as she avoided Brit‘s eyes.

“Look, you sold it to a buyer, just go buy it back” Sam said.

“It's halfway across the ocean, I can't get it back in time”

“In time for what?” Dean asked.

She lowered her eyes and she seemed…different. She wasn’t her stone faced, heartless, always witty self…she seemed…a little scared maybe? “What's going on with you, Bela? You look like you've seen a ghost” Sam asked.

“I saw the ship” she murmured.

“You what?” I asked, incredulous.

We all exchanged looks. “Huh, wow, you know, I knew you were an immoral, thieving, con-artist bitch…but just when I thought my opinion of you couldn't get any lower…” Dean started.

“What are you talking about?”

“We figured out the spirit's motive” Brit said, pulling out an old photo and showing it to Bela. It was of the ghost we saw with Peter.

“This is the captain of our ship, the one who hung our ghost boy” Sam said.

“So?”

“So, they were brothers, very Cain and Abel. So, now our spirit, he's going after a very specific kind of target. People who've spilled their own family’s blood. See, first, there was Sheila, who killed her cousin in a car accident, and the Warren brothers, who murdered their father for the inheritance, and now you” Sam explained.

“Oh, my god” she gasped.

“So, who was it, Bela? Hmm? Who’d you kill? Was it daddy? Your little sis, maybe? You kill Aiden after we left the party?” I interrogated.

“God, no. I would never…he practically raised me…but it's none of your business” she snapped at me.

“No, right. Well, have a nice life…you know whatever's left of it” Dean threw in her face, patting her back and he continued to pack his stuff, ready to leave. “Guys, lets go” he said.

“You can't just leave me here” she shot up.

“Watch us”

“Please, I need your help”

“Our help?” I inquired, walking up to her. “Well, now…how could a couple of serial killers possibly help you?”

“Okay, that was a bit harsh, I admit it, but it doesn't warrant a death sentence”

“That's not why you're gonna die…” Sam started. "What did you do, Bela?” Brit added and they were both in just shock.

“You wouldn't understand, no one did” she said and it almost looked like she was going to cry as she avoided my eyes. Then, she looked up at me and at the others. “Never mind, I’ll just do what I’ve always done. I’ll deal with it myself” she said and went to leave.

“You do realize you just sold the only thing that could save your life” Dean stated.

She slowly turned around and sighed. “I’m aware”

Then Sam sighed. “Well…maybe not the only thing” he said. Great…we were going to save the murderous, lying bitch that shot me in the shoulder.

We all got to the cemetery and as Brit helped Sam set up some kind of ritual, Bela stood in the middle of Dean and I as we leaned against some headstones, waiting. Dean was holding his gun.

“Do you really think this is going to work?” Bela asked.

“Almost definitely not” Dean answered.

I saw the nervous look on her face as I noticed she shifted in her spot, nervously. It was unnoticeable to the others but of course I noticed. I sighed. “But…” I started and she looked at me. “It still has a chance of working…” I said, reluctantly, hoping it helped her relax somewhat.

It started to down pour and Dean and I stood up straight. “Sammy, you better start reading” Dean suggested.

Sam started to read the incantation out of one of the books him and Brit have been studying. I wrapped my penny coat tighter around me to attempt in staying kind of warm. The wind started to blow harder and harder as the candles that Sam and Brit lit started to go out one by one. Bela drifted slightly.

“Stay close!” Dean yelled at her and I hooked my arm around hers to try and keep her close like he said.

But, then all of a sudden…I felt weightless as my feet left the ground. “Melissa!” I heard a voice yell…maybe it was more than one. I couldn’t tell because I flung through the air and into a tree, crumbling to the ground.

My eye sight was blurry but I shook my head a little to look up over at the others. I saw Bela yell something as the ghost appeared behind Dean. He spun to shoot at it but the ghost flung him too and when Brit tried to step in, he did the same thing to her. I managed to stand up and I saw the ghost touch Bela’s face and then she started to cough up water. I rushed (to the best of my ability) over to her and so did Dean. As she continued to cough up water and drown, Dean held her and I gripped onto her hand.

“Sammy, read faster!” Dean yelled.

But, then I joined him in saying the incantation and I heard Brit joined as well and then we finished it. The clouds parted…the rain stopped…and then we saw another ghost. He was the captain.

“You...hanged me!”

“I’m sorry” the captain apologized.

“Your own brother!”

“I’m so sorry” he said, sincerely.

Then, the ghost lunged at the captain and they both disappeared in a big splash of water as water stopped coming out of her mouth and she gasped for air.

~~~~

The next day came and we were finishing up our packing so we could jut leave. I felt Dean’s eyes on me but I kept my head down on my suitcase. “Ya know…you have a completely different side that’s nice and passionate…even for little conniving bitches” he said.

“Yea, well…my father was William Stern right? I have some kind of reputation to uphold?”

“You don’t have to have that kind of reputation…you can have whatever reputation you want” he shrugged and I looked up at him. “Do what you want Mel…not what you think your dad would’ve wanted…or what people think you should want because of your dad” he said.

I was silent at first…just staring at him. “No, you cant do that” I laughed.

“Do what?” he asked.

He really didn’t know what he was doing…cute. “You cant have a nice and passionate side too…who’s going to be the guy in this relationship?” I quipped.

“So there is a relationship” he assumed, grinning.

My face flushed. “I didn’t say that…” I started but then the door flew open and in walked Bela.

“You guys should learn to lock your doors. Anyone could just barge in” she said, smirking her signature smirk.

“Anyone just did. You come to say goodbye or thank you?” Sam asked, sarcastically.

“I’ve come to settle affairs" Then, she reached into her bag and took out four bound wads of money “Giving the spirit what he really wanted: his own brother, very clever, Sam. So, here” she said.

Then, she tossed each of us a wad of money. “Its $20,000, that should cover it” she stated and we all just looked at her blankly. “I don't like being in anyone's debt"

“So, ponying up 20 grand is easier for you than a simple ‘thank you’? You’re so damaged” Dean commented.

“Takes one to know one. Goodbye, lads. Ladies” she said and then walked out the door without another word or glance.

“She got style, you gotta give her that” Brit stated. “I suppose” Dean shrugged.

“You know, guys, we don't know where this money's been” Sam said. “No. But I know where it's going” Dean smirked.

~~

So, now we were on the road to Atlantic City and Brit was passed out in the passenger seat. “Brit…” I spoke lightly. “Hmmm” she grunted.

“I don’t get him…at all…I swear, I think he’s bi polar…one minute he’s a jerk…the next he’s caring…”

“And that’s what you love about him” she sighed, sleepily and deeply.

“Yea…I guess it is…” I pondered.

Maybe…maybe instead of worrying what it will feel like when he’s gone…I should focus on what it feels like now when he’s here. I love him. I love Dean Winchester…and I just cant hold it in…especially since he’s going to be gone in ten and a half months. I should…live in the moment right? Live for today, not tomorrow? I don’t know, something like that…
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333