Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Trust

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Trust. It’s something that has to be earned…it’s a privilege…and it was something Bela took for granted. She would always gain our trust somehow and then ruin everything. When we couldn’t get in touch with her, I called Aiden and told him to make sure she watched her back…because we were after her. Dean got a hold of her and threatened her…she didn’t think we would do anything…but when I heard Dean talk to her the way he did, he was dead serious. We were freakin done playing her damn game. I even tried being nice to that bitch! But no…she was going so down. I didn’t care how we did it but we were killing her. We’re trying to save lives here and she keeps screwing it up…and now she has our only way to do the job.

So, that’s what we’ve been doing…hunting Bela. We passed through a town because Sam and Brit said we all needed just a small break to eat and sleep…Dean and I wanted to leave right away…and of course, since we didn’t, Sam was caught in the middle of a case where he went through 100 days of the same thing occurring over and over again and each day, Dean, Brit or I would die…or it would be all of us dying. But, Sam, being the smart college boy that he is, figured out how it was all happening and it was because of a damn trickster…whatever.

We finally got a lead of where Bela was…we even got the location of where she was staying. We got to the motel room and with one kick from Dean, the door flew open as we had our guns drawn searching the room…and wow shocker…Bela was nowhere to be found…and neither was the Colt.

“You’re sure this is Bela’s room, Dean?” Brit asked.

Then, he held up a red wig and a blond wig. “I’d say so” he replied and we nodded in agreement.

Then, the motel room started to ring. I ripped the pillow case off the pillow and used it to pick up the phone and I held it slightly away from my face so I wouldn’t leave prints on it whatsoever.

“Melissa? Sweetie, are you there?…or am I talking to Dean?” I heard the damn smirk on her face. “Where are you, Bela?” “Two states away by now. Where's our usually quippy banter? I miss it…you should put your boyfriend on the phone, maybe he’ll banter a little with me”

“Bela, I want it back, now” I said as my jaw clenched.

“The little pistol you mean? Sorry, I can't at the moment”

I handed the phone (with the pillow case) over to Dean. “Do you even understand how many people are gonna die if you do this?” he narrowed my eyes into space.

I listened carefully to Bela’s side of the conversation. “Oh Dean, honey, good to hear from you…what exactly is it that you think I plan to do with it?”

“Take the only weapon we have against an army of demons and sell it to the highest bidder”

“You know nothing about me”

“I know I'm gonna stop you” he said, smugly.

“Tough words for a guy who can't even find me”

“Oh, I'll find you sweetheart. You know why? Because I have absolutely nothing better to do than to track you down”

“That's where you're wrong…you're about to be quite occupied. Did you really think I wouldn't take precautions?” she questioned and my eyes widened.

Then…before I could even blink, police officers came rushing in, pointing guns at us yelling at us to keep our hands in the air and Dean dropped the phone. The bitch called the cops on us! They yelled at us to get down on the floor repeatedly and so we all obeyed and got down on our stomachs. Our arms were forced behind our backs to be hand cuffed and one of them started to recite that whole You have the right to remain silent…thing. I grunted and cursed under my breath. Then someone with a pair of shiny black shoes came into the room and I struggled a little as I tried to look up and see who it was…Agent Henricksen. My heart sank.

“Hi, guys. It's been a while” he said, looking down at all of us. We exchanged looks with one another…we were screwed.

~~

We got to the police station and Brit and I were chained together with handcuffs on our hands and our feet and Sam and Dean were chained together the same way. We were escorted in and inside there were a few cops around along with a shy-looking receptionist who looked at us like we were some kind of psychotic murderers…but I guess in her eyes that’s exactly who we were. I saw her name plate on her desk read Nancy Fitsgerald, Secretary. I saw how nervous and worried she looked when she saw us and I noticed she clutched to some rosary beads.

“I'll show you to the cells” an officer said as he gripped onto Dean’s arm and then one gripped onto my arm as well. I looked up at him staring him down. He shifted uncomfortably. Good.

“Hey, hey, hey! Watch the merchandise” Dean said. I noticed Nancy was watching us but so did Dean. “We're not the ones you should be scared of, Nancy” he spoke and we disappeared down the hallway.

That was true…we weren’t the ones to be scared of…but we were the ones people were scared of. We were the ones cops wanted in jail…especially Henricksen.

We got to our cell and the officer shut it behind us. Brit and I got our chains tangled slightly when we tried to remover ourselves to sit on the bench and I saw Sam try to walk to over to the bars as Dean went in the other direction but the chains pulled them back together. Dean grunted as they both stumbled and Sam grabbed onto the bars for support.

“Dean, come on!”

“Alright, alright. Sit?” he suggested.

“Yea”

So then they started to move around, getting tangled as well but then managed to sit down beside us. Sam and I were in the middle and Brit and Dean were on the outsides with Dean closest to the cell door. I crossed my unchained leg over the other, put my elbow on my knee, my chin in my hand and I sighed.

“How are we gonna Houdini out of this one?” Dean questioned

“Good question”

The cell was square, grey and slightly cold. There were bars all around us and the night sky didn’t help with the lighting in here. I had no idea how we were going to escape this one. We needed that Colt to save Dean…we needed to track that bitch down…and we couldn’t do anything being locked up in here. I looked up as I saw Henricksen walk in, smiling as he made his way to our cell and he started off saying what he should have for dinner tonight.

“Ya know, I got a lot to celebrate. I mean, after all, seeing you four in chains”

“You kinky son of a bitch, we don't swing that way and you just aren’t their type” Dean quipped.

I held my forehead in my hand. Now, wasn’t really the time to harass an officer who’s been out to get us. “Now, that's funny”

“You know, I wouldn't bust out the melted butter just yet. You couldn't catch us at the bank, couldn't keep us in that jail”

“You're right, I screwed up. I underestimated you. I didn't count on you being that smart. But now, I'm ready”

“Ready to lose us again?”

“Ready like a court order to keep you in a super-maximum prison in Nevada till trial. Ready like isolation in a soundproof windowless cell so small, that between you and me, probably unconstitutional. How's that for ready?” he said smugly.

I saw Dean rub his face and Sam started to look really worried. “Take a good look at each other…especially your little girlfriends there because you’ll never see them again. They’re going to two different all girl county jails across the country…none of you will see each other ever again” he spoke and I felt my heart sink for a second time.

Dean snapped his head back up at Henricksen and glared. My jaw clenched as I glared as well and I felt Sam and Brit tense up beside me. “Aw, where's that smug smile Dean? I wanna see it” Dean looked away, shaking his head.

“You got the wrong people here” he huffed.

“Oh, yeah, I forgot. You fight monsters. Sorry, Dean, truth is your Daddy brainwashed you with all that Devil talk and no doubt touched you in a bad place. That's all, that's reality”

“Why don't you shut your mouth?” I snapped at him.

“Ooo the girls got a mouth on her too? I don’t know how you two got involved with these guys, didn’t you know they were bad news?” he asked us.

“Didn’t you? You are the one who underestimated them” I countered.

I knew I said it wasn’t the time to mess with the guy who had it out for us…but he was seriously pissing me off. “It’s true…but guess what? Life sucks, get a helmet. Because everybody's got a sob story, but not everybody becomes a killer”

Then the sound of a helicopter was coming from outside as light flooded through the window “And now I have four less to worry about…mmmm, it's surf-and-turf time” he said, referring to his dinner. Then, he laughed and walked out.

I couldn’t handle this. I was going to lose all of them. This might as well be the last time I see Dean before he goes to Hell…and I just couldn’t handle that thought. I was being separated from Brit. I couldn’t handle that either. It wasn’t right…I couldn’t do this. We were all silent and I could tell thoughts were rushing through their minds as well. Then, another officer walked in.

“Brittney Hails, Melissa Stern, Sam and Dean Winchester, I’m Deputy Director Steven Groves. This is a pleasure” he smirked creepily.

Something was weird and off about this guy…but I tried to shake it off and just tell myself it was this eerie cell. I was starting to feel claustrophobic. “Well, I'm glad one of us feels that way” Dean commented, standing up.

“I've been waiting a long time for you four to come out of the woodwork”

Then…it happened so fast. I watched as the guy raised his gun and fired. I wrapped my arms around Brit as we hit the floor and I covered her but I saw Dean fall to the ground with a sickening thud. “Dean!” I yelled

Brit and I both got to his side as Sam was wrestling for the gun through the bars and Brit and I both saw the Deputy’s eyes were black and we started to chant some Latin for the exorcism but right in the middle of it, he seemed to shake it off. I helped Dean to his feet.

“Sorry fellas. Ladies. I've gotta cut this short. It's gonna be a long night” he spoke and then the deputy threw his head back, yelling as the black smoke poured out of his mouth and went through the vent in the ceiling and the Deputy’s body fell to the ground.

Then, two cops and Henricksen came rushing in yelling at Sam to put the gun down and he did, telling them to check the body because he didn’t shoot at him. “He shot Dean!” I yelled.

“Get on your knees now!” Henricksen yelled.

“Okay, okay, okay, don't shoot, please. Look, here” Sam said, putting the gun down.

“We didn't shoot him, check the body. There's no blood, we did not kill him”

“Go ahead, check him” Then, one of the cops went down to inspect the body. “There’s no bullet wound” he stated.

“He's probably been dead for months” Dean said. “What did you do to him?” Henricksen demanded. “We didn't do anything!” Dean snapped.

“Talk or I shoot!”

“You won't believe us” I said.

“He was possessed” Sam and Brit said, suddenly.

“Possessed, right. Fire up the chopper, we're taking them out of here now”

“Yeah, do that” Dean said smugly and I was helping him stand. He was hit in the shoulder, that’s all I knew from the blood staining his shirt.

The walkie talkie was only static though as they tried to get through. I felt my stomach form knots as I listened. The cops rushed out in hope of contacting the chopper. Dean let go of me, standing on his own, assuring me he was fine…even though he winced when he just breathed. I stood with my back against the wall and rubbed my face, sighing. I saw the others were stressed out as well. Brit gave me a helpless look and Dean gave me a concerned look as Sam had a frustrated look. Henricksen just continued to hold his gun pointed at us. Then, we all heard a big explosion.

“What the hell was that? Reidy?” Henricksen said into his walkie. There was nothing but static. Then, the lights went out as the backup generated became activated.

“Oh, that cant be good” Dean commented. We were freakin sitting ducks in this damn cell.

Henricksen left to go check on something as Sam was trying to inspect Dean’s bullet wound. I sighed internally, trying to push the claustrophobia away from my mind. I took off my shirt so I was only in a scanty, spaghetti trapped tank top and it came up a little so my bell button ring was visible, dangling and I walked over to Dean and I did my best to try and stop the bleeding using my shirt. He groaned in pain.

“Oh don’t be such a baby” I rolled my eyes at him as I applied pressure. Then, we all saw Henricksen walk back in.

“What's the plan? Kill everyone in the station and bust you four out?”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Brit asked, annoyed.

“I'm talking about your psycho friends, I'm talking about a bloodbath”

“Okay, I promise you, whoever's out there is not here to help us” Dean grunted. “Look, you gotta believe us. Everyone here is in terrible danger” Sam tried.

“You think?”

“How about you just let us out so we can save your asses” I said, not looking at him and I kept applying pressure to Dean’s shoulder.

“From what?” he asked. We all exchanged a look and fidgeted slightly.

“You gonna say 'demons'? Don't you dare say 'demons'. Let me tell you something, you should be a lot more scared of me” he said and then left.

“How's the shoulder?” Brit asked.

“It's awesome” Dean grunted, sarcastically.

I applied more pressure purposely and gave him a look as he grunted. No one needed his attitude. He lightened up and gave Brit his best apologetic look…really, it was just a less-smug look…but at least he tried.

“I'll live…you know, if we get out of here alive. So you got a plan?” he said, looking at Brit and Sam. They were the plan makers after all. Dean winced slightly. That time it was an accident. “Sorry” I muttered.

But, then in the corner of my eye, I saw Nancy watching us from behind the wall. Dean looked too and then so did Sam and Brit. Sam stood. “Hey…uhh” he started as he made his way to the jail cell bars and Nancy was barely peeking out from around the corner.

“Please. Please, we need your help. It's Nancy, Nancy right? Nancy, my-my brother's been shot. He's-he's bleeding really bad, you think maybe you could get us a towel. Please just one clean towel? Look-look at us, we're not the bad guys, I swear”

Dean tried to put on a reassuring smile but it just looked plain creepy. “No…no, don’t smile”

“What? I’m trying to…”

“No, just don’t, stop” I shook my head, laughing to myself.

Brit nudged me to shut up and I did as Sam gave his famous puppy dog look that no one can resist…except this girl apparently. She turned and walked away. We all sighed in defeat…but then we saw Nancy came back…guess it did work on her.

She started to inch toward our cell. “Thank you” Sam said gratefully.

He put his hands up in surrender and she smiled. He reached his hand out to take the towel as she held her arm out…but then Sam grabbed her wrist tight, pulling her close and Nancy started to scream. It pierced through my ears. Dean, Brit and I just looked stunned. Then a cop came in, threatening Sam with a gun pointed at him. Sam quickly let go of Nancy, holding the towel in his hand as he kept his hands up. Nancy backed up, shaken. Then, they both left and Sam tossed me the towel as I tossed my ruined shirt into the corner. I began to use the towel to apply more pressure.

“What the hell is the matter with you?” Brit smacked him in the stomach.

He didn’t answer, he just held up the rosary beads that Nancy was holding earlier and our shocked faces turning into impressed one.

~~~

I don’t know how long its been since we were put in here. Dean took over holding the towel against his shoulder. Dean complained about getting hungry…but I’ll admit I was getting pretty hungry myself. Thoughts were being discussed amongst us. How many demons could be out there…possessing anyone…and any one of them could just walk right in. Then, something occurred to Dean.

“It's kind of wild right? I mean, it's like they're coming right for us. Never done that before” he spoke. None of us responded. But, I did think about it. It was kind of cool that we were a threat to the demon world.

“It's like we got a contract on us. You think it's because we're so awesome? I think it's because we're so awesome” he smiled.

I rolled my eyes at him, shaking my head. Brit stared at him with a look saying she just couldn’t believe he said that and Sam’s look was very disapproving.

“Dean, now is definitely not the time” I muttered.

He was about to respond but the sheriff walked in. Dean greeted him in a thick country accent but then he unlocked the cell. We all stood up, staring at this guy, unsure of what to think.

“Time to go” he said.

Sam got in front of Brit as Dean got in front of me and they both started to back up, causing us to back up as well. “Uh...you know what? I think we're just comfy right here, but thank you” Dean said.

Then, Hendrickson walked in as well. “What do you think you're doing?”

“I'm not just gonna sit around here and wait to die. We're gonna make a run for it”

“It's safer here”

“There's a SWAT facility in Boulder”

“We're not going anywhere”

“The hell we're not”

Then, I jumped a little as Henricksen shot the sheriff right in the head and he fell to the ground. In such a fluid motion, Sam lunged at Henricksen, grabbing his arm that held the gun. The rest of us jumped in and wrestled Henricksen down to his knees and Sam shoved his head into the toilet that was in the back corner of the cell which now had the rosary beads in the water. Steam began to form and Sam spoke the Latin quickly. I heard footsteps coming and I reached for Henricksen’s gun. I pointed it at the cop that came running in.

“Stay back!” Dean shouted as I cocked the gun, pointing it at the cop. He separated his arms to show defeat. Nancy showed up and I became to feel uncomfortable pointing the gun at the two of them.

Then, Sam finished and the demon spoke went pouring out of his mouth and vanished through the wall. His body fell to the ground and we were all panting. I un-cocked the gun as Henricksen began to cough, waking up. “Henricksen, hey. Is that you in there?” Sam asked. But, he didn’t answer. He looked at the dead body of the sheriff.

“I, uh...I shot the Sheriff” he stammered.

“But you didn't shoot the Deputy” Dean said and Sam, Brit and I all glared at him as he started to squirm and offered a weak smile.

“Dean” I hissed, shaking my head at him. He gave me an innocent look like a little boy saying he did nothing wrong.

“Five minutes ago I was fine, and then…”

“Let me guess, some nasty black smoke jammed itself down your throat?”

“You were possessed” Brit stated.

“Possessed, like...possessed?”

“That's what it feels like, now you know” Sam informed.

“I owe you the biggest I-told-you-so ever” Dean said and I handed Henricksen’s gun back as he stood up and ordered the officer to give him the keys.

He got the keys and freed all of us from the chains. “All right, so, how do we survive?”
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333