Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Vulnerability

We all went to where we came in, in the center of the station and Nancy got me a first aid kit. I smiled thankfully at her as Dean took off his shirt and I began to patch up his wound.

“What? Not even a glance at me? Have I gotten flabby?” he spoke, looking down at himself.

I just shook my head at him as I laughed under my breath. “No, I’m just tired…I want to get out of here already. I don’t do well in closed off spaces” I admitted.

“Not even if it keeps you close to me?” he smirked smugly.

I just smirked back and narrowed my eyes at him. Then, we both saw Henricksen and Amici (the cop) get an arsenal together. Dean told them it wasn’t gonna work and that it was like poking a bear with a BB gun, it was just gonna make him mad.

“Then what do you need?” Henricksen asked.

“Salt” I said.

“Salt?” Amici questioned.

“Is there an echo in here?” Dean quipped as he got his shirt back on.

“There's road salt in the store room” Nancy informed us.

“That’s perfect. We need salt at every window and every door” I instructed and that’s what they both went to go do.

“How you holding up, Nancy?” Dean asked and I looked at her as well.

“Okay., I guess” She paused. “When I was little I would come home from church and talk about the devil. My parents would tell me to stop being so literal. I guess I showed them huh?” she said and I offered her a smile.

“Hey, where's my car and the green truck it was with?” Dean asked as Amici and Henricksen came back.

“Impound lot out back…you're not going out there are you?” Amici asked.

“Yeah, I gotta get something out of my trunk”

“I’ll go with you” I said.

He nodded. We both snuck out the back and crept along the fence on the damp ground and we got to the other side where a bunch of cars were. “Okay, I get my stuff, you get yours and then we hit it” he instructed. I nodded and we both took off.

I saw my truck and raced to it, jumping up on the tire and jumping over the side and into the bed of the truck. It shook slightly as I moved my bike over in a quick motion and flew open the hidden compartment. I grabbed Brit’s gun and my gun, some extra salt and I slipped my knife into its case and slipped it into the side of my pants. Then, I slammed the compartment shut and jumped over the side, landing on my feet as I hit the ground. Then, I looked up at the gas station across the street. The lights began to flicker and then gave out. I could hear my heart beat and my breathing had stopped. I saw a ginormous black cloud of smoke with electricity flowing through it like lightning surging.

“Melissa!” Dean called.

I turned my head to see him waiting anxiously for me. I raced toward him as we slipped through the gate again and we both raced back to the station.

“They’re coming!” Dean and I both yelled, running inside and slamming the door shut.

I lined some salt up in front of the door immediately. Everyone was lining salt at all the windows and doors and then there was a rumble. As everyone finished up, we all raced to the center of the station, where we started and the cloud I saw before, covered the whole station and everything started to shake. Then…there was silence. It was dark…cold…and silent.

“Everyone okay?” Brit asked.

“Define okay” Henricksen said slowly.

Then, Dean pulled out some beaded necklaces, handing them to Nancy, Henricksen and Amici. “Put these on. It'll keep you from being possessed”

“What about you guys?” Nancy asked.

Then at the same time, Dean and Sam pulled down the collars of their shirts as Brit and I pulled up our shirts slightly. Dean and Sam had matching protective tattoos on their chest, by their collar bones as Brit and I had the same exact ones on the side of our stomach by our hip bones…and let me tell you, when we got these, it hurt like a mother.

“Smart, how long have you had those?” Henricksen asked.

“Not long enough” Sam commented.

~

We all saw outside that there were about thirty people outside with black eyes, just staring at the station. Dean gave Henricksen the run down about how werewolves, vampires, changelings and evil clowns that eat people were real just like demons…and tried to lighten up by saying Big Foot’s a hoax…yea, like that would help. Henricksen wondered if Dean, Sam, Brit and I could beat whatever was out there…Dean told him he thinks the world is gonna end bloody…but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t fight…we have choices…he chooses to go down swinging. I smiled as he said that. It gave me some kind of hope that he believed we could save him.

I just sat there, listening though as Sam and Brit were talking to Nancy and Amici. Henricksen commented how we also have nothing to go home to but each other…and it was true. Dean asked him if he had the white picket fence life. Henricksen told us he lives in an empty apartment wit a string of angry ex-wives. I chuckled at that and just shook my head at the two men having a moment…but then we heard glass breaking coming from the other room. So, we raced into the room where the sound came from and there we saw Ruby standing inside the protective circle that Brit and Sam made. She had cuts all over her and was panting lightly.

“Are you gonna let me out?” she asked with an attitude.

Sam leaned down and scraped some of the paint off using his knife. I saw Brit tense up and I growled quietly at the blond demonic bitch. “And they say chivalry's dead…does anyone have a breath mint? Some guts splattered in my mouth while I was killing my way in here” she said as she made her way to the center of the station.

Sam and Dean exchanged a look before Sam fixed the salt line by the window and then they looked at Brit and I. We just shook our heads and we all followed her back to the center of the station

Ruby told us how there were at least thirty of them out there. “Who sent them?” Brit asked what we were all wondering.

“You didn't tell any of them? Wow, I’m surprised” Ruby said and we all looked at Sam.

He was the only one who wasn’t wondering the same thing we were. “Tell us what?” Dean demanded.

“There's a big new up-and-comer. A real pied piper. Her name is Lilith…and she really wants Sam and Brittney’s intestines on a stick…she wants Mel’s head as a souvenir” she said like it was nothing important.

“You knew about this? And didn’t even bother to tell us?” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Well, jeez Sam. Is there anything else we should know?” Dean asked.

Sam just looked away from all of us. “How about all of you talk about this later? We'll need the colt” Ruby said. We all avoided her stare. “Where is it?” she asked, looking at each of us.

“It got stolen” Sam admitted quietly.

“I'm sorry, I must have blood in my ear. I thought I just heard you say that you were stupid enough to let the colt get grabbed out of your thick, clumsy, idiotic hands”

Dean and I both raised our eyebrows, exchanging looks, thanking God that we weren’t being the ones being attacked right now.

“Watch it Ruby” Brit hissed. Then, the two of them had a silent show down with just their eyes.

Sam was about to tell Ruby some excuse but she just put her hand up and told him to shut up. Then, she started to explain how she knew a spell. It would vaporize ever demon in a one mile radius including herself and Dean right got on it asking what we needed to do.

“You can't do anything. The spell is very specific…it calls for a person of virtue”

“I got virtue” he said and Ruby laughed.

“Nice try, you're not a virgin” she said and started to give me a pointed look.

Umm do I look like I’m a virgin? “What do you think?” I spat at her, jerking my thumb at Dean.

Then, she looked at Brit. “No, me either” Brit mumbled, not even wanting to be looking at Ruby.

Then Dean laughed and scoffed. “Nobody's a virgin” he said.

But, then Ruby cocked her head a little and we all turned to look at Nancy who was a little fidgety. “No. No way. You're kidding me right? You're…” Dean started.

“What? It's a choice okay?” she said, defensively.

“What? So you…you never...? Not even once? I mean…” he started but I elbowed him in the stomach.

“Cut it out” I muttered as she crossed her arms.

I mean, yea I was curious too but that doesn’t mean he should interrogate her about it…but I guess it wasn’t too shocking. She did have that whole sweet-Christian girl thing going on.

“So, what can I do?” Nancy said, happy to help.

“You can hold still, while I cut your heart out of your chest” Ruby said, facing her.

“What?” Nancy took a step back.

“Whoa, hold up” I said, getting in between Nancy and Ruby and Brit was at my side, backing me up. “Are you crazy?” Dean spoke up as well.

“I'm offering a solution”

“No. You’re offering to kill someone” Brit narrowed her eyes at Ruby. The two of them started to glare at each other again.

“And what do you think's gonna happen to this girl when the demons get in?”

“We're gonna protect her, that's what” Henricksen voiced.

“Very noble. You're all gonna die. Look, this is the only way, trust me”

“Yeah, yeah, there's no way that you're gonna prove to me…” Dean started.

“Will everybody please shut up!” Nancy spoke up so everyone got quiet and Brit and I moved to the sides so we could all look at her.

“All the people out there, will it save them?” she asked Ruby.

“It'll blow the demons out of their bodies. So, if their bodies are okay, yeah”

“I'll do it” she stated.

“Nancy, you don’t need to do this” I told her, seriously and sincerely. “She’s right, let us take care of it” Brit added.

“All my friends are out there” she said.

“We don't sacrifice people. We do that, we're no better than them” Henricksen said.

“We don't have a choice” Ruby argued.

“Yeah, well, you're choice is not a choice…” Dean started.

“Sam, you know I'm right” Ruby said, suddenly. We all looked at him.

“Go ahead Sam, tell her” Brit encouraged. He stayed quiet.

“Sam?” I questioned.

“What the hell is going on? Sam, tell her!” Dean yelled.

Sam just raised his eyebrows and looked at all of us. “It's my decision” Nancy interfered. “Damn straight, cherry pie” Ruby said.

“Stop! Stop, nobody kill any virgins” Dean demanded.

“I think we all need to talk” I added.

So then Brit, Sam, Dean and I walked away into the hallway. “Sam, tell me you are not considering this” Brit looked at him with her own puppy dog look.

“We're talking about holding down a girl and cutting out her heart, Sam” I said.

“And we're also talking about 30 people out there, Mel. Innocent people, who are all gonna die, along with everyone in here” he tried to argue.

“That doesn't mean that we throw away the rule book and stop acting like humans. I'm not gonna let that demon, kill some nice sweet innocent girl who hasn't even been laid. I mean, look, if that's how you win wars, then I don't wanna win” Dean said.

I agreed with him the whole time. Sam was being someone completely different. This isn’t what we do. We don’t kill some poor girl just for us to live. “Then what? What do we do, Dean?”

“I got a plan. I'm not saying it's a good one, I'm not even saying it'll work. But it sure as hell beats killing a virgin”

“Okay, so what's the plan?”

“Open the doors, let them all in, and we fight” he said and Brit and I turned our heads to look at him.

This…I didn’t completely agree with. One part of me wanted to yell at him and call him a crazy bastard…but another part of me just wanted to go down swinging with him. I was terrified though. We weren’t at the finish line yet…and I don’t think we were going to make it there.

~~~~

I watched Ruby leave once we told her what we were doing. Thank God. We didn’t need more drama and conflict here. Once Dean told all of us the plan, Nancy and Amici were on the roof, waiting for the right moment. Henricksen went to one of the exits, Sam and Brit went to another and then Dean and I went to the last one. We were all armed with our rock salt-loaded guns. I felt a little shaky but I took a deep breath and controlled myself.

“You ready?” he asked me.

“As ready as I’ll ever be” I said.

“I’ll try to lead some away” he said.

I just stayed silent. He gave me a reassuring nod and I nodded back at him. “Ready!” Dean called down the hallway to the others. “Lets do this” he added as he kicked the line of salt out of the way. This was it…nothing was stopping the demons now.

Then, the door was knocked down and the demonic sons of bitches came pouring in like no tomorrow. I shot at a few as Dean and I started to fight them off and he started to lead some away from me and after him. I started using my legs and my gun to just knock some of them out and then shoot at them. I felt ones knuckles collide with my cheek and I stumbled a little and went to hit the douche but I got hit again and again. Then, one of them grabbed my throat and threw me into the wall. The fingers of the demonic douche bag went into my throat, digging his nails into my skin as I felt my feet leave the ground. He pulled my head off the wall and then just slammed it back into the concrete. As a group of them were just surrounding me, crackling to each other, I felt my lungs burn for air. I got my fingers in between his hand and my neck and sucked in a big breath.

“Dean!” I shrieked.

I didn’t think I had it in me to be honest. I never had to cry out for help like that before…I didn’t like feeling vulnerable…but I did like seeing Dean rush around the corner. He ran down the hallway at the speed of light, shooting at the demons and knocking down the one who had me under his hand.

Dean took my hand as we raced down the hallway and back to the center of the station. I felt him glancing at me to make sure I was good and that I was okay with his pace. I wanted to tell him to stop worrying about me for the moment because we were fighting our war at the moment but I couldn’t even process words. Sam and Brit met us in the center as well, along with demons running a muck. Then, all of a sudden, the four of us were pinned up on the wall as one of the demons stepped forward.

“Henricksen, now!” Dean yelled.

Then in the other room, Henricksen pushed a button and a recording of Sam and Brit’s voice started to play through the speakers in the building. It was a an incantation for a huge exorcist. All the demons started to try and get out but luckily Nancy and Amici salted all the doors so they couldn’t. As we fell to the ground, a huge black cloud formed over our heads and swirled like a black vortex…and then it blew up into a huge explosion as we hit the floor and I felt Dean’s arm wrap around me as Sam covered Brit. All the people fell to the ground. We did it…it was over.

~~~

Morning came and all the people became lucid and went home. Henricksen said he was going to kill us…meaning, he was going to say we died in the chopper when it exploded. We said our goodbyes and then left. We all got to the motel and we all walked in as Sam and Brit both collapsed onto one bed and Dean sat on the other. Then, there was a knock at the door. I walked over to open it and in walked Ruby, crossing her arms.

“Turn on the news” she said as I shut the door.

Sam reached for the remote and turned the TV on and on the news it said: BREAKING NEWS: Explosion at Monument County Sheriff's Office at the top of the screen.

“The community is still reeling from the tragedy that happened just a few hours ago. Authorities believe a gas main ruptured, causing the massive explosion that ripped apart the police station and claimed the lives of everyone inside. Among the deceased, at least six police officers and staff including Sheriff Melvin Dodd, Deputy Phil Amici, Secretary Nancy Fitzgerald, as well as three FBI agents identified as Steven Groves, Calvin Reidy and Victor Henricksen. Two fugitives in custody were also killed. We'll continue to follow the story here at the scene, but for now, back to you, Jim” the news reporter said and we saw pictures of Amici, Nancy and Henricksen.

Ruby turned the TV off and we all just stared at the TV in shock. “Must've happened right after we left” Sam murmured.

“Considering the size of the blast...smart money's on Lilith” Ruby said, throwing each of us a tiny bag.

“What's in these?” Dean asked.

“Something that'll protect you...throw Lilith off your trail...for the time being at least”

“Thanks…” Sam started.

“Don't thank me, Lilith killed everyone. She slaughtered your precious little virgin plus a half a dozen other people. So after your big speech about humanity and war, turns out your plan was the one with the body count. Do you know how to fight a battle? You strike fast and you don't leave any survivors, so no one can go running to tell the boss. So next time, we go with my plan” she said to all of us like we were little kids being scolded.

Then, she left. We all exchanged grave looks. I couldn’t believe this. After all that…everything they were put through…they still didn’t make it. “Damn it” I cursed, swinging my hand into the lamp on the side table and it flew into the wall.

No one moved. No one said a word. No one acknowledged my outburst…which I was grateful for. We all just sat there in silence....
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333