Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Only A Matter of Time

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
I was just staring out the window, minding my own business in the back seat of the Impala beside Brittney. We were all just waiting for Sam to wake up in the passenger seat. I was trying to ignore Dean’s eyes boring into me. He would occasionally glance at Brit too but his eyes stayed on me as he looked into his rearview mirror.

What” I snapped. He spun around to look at me.

“You know what” he snapped back. “Where is your dad really?” he asked.

“It’s none of your business!”

“It might be if it has anything to do with Sam”

“Why would it have anything to do with Sam?” I narrowed my eyes.

He didn’t respond. His jaw clenched. He wasn’t telling us something about Sam…. We just had a staring contest to see who would break first…to see who would make the first move…

“Hey guys…should we wake him?” Brit interrupted as we all stared as Sam tossed and turned in his sleep while he was reclined in the passenger seat of the Impala.

“He rarely gets sleep, he needs just a little bit longer” Dean said, cleaning his gun.

“I guess a little bit longer is over” I commented.

Sam shot his eyes open and looked at all of us. “Take it you were having another nightmare” Dean said.

“Yea…another one” he said, laying back down.

“Ya know, sooner or later, we’re going to have to talk about this…we all will” Dean said, looking at me in the rear view mirror. I stared back at him with hard eyes.

“We here?” Sam interrupted.

“Yep, Toledo, Ohio” Brit answered.

We were going to check out a case where a shoemaker died, we agreed to split up so two of us could go check out the corpse and the other two would go to the house. This time I was teamed up with Sam.

“Thank God” I muttered, getting out of the car.

“Have fun, Sammy” Dean gave him a smug smile and I smack across the back of the head.

He snapped his head at me and glared as I walked away. Sam got out of the car, following me and I looked at Brit blankly as she got in the front seat. She gave me the same look as if we were just having a simple conversation with our eyes. I pointed at her and she pointed back. I smiled and then looked at Sam.

“I hope you don’t mind we use my truck” I laughed a little.

“Not a problem…but I was wondering…do you think we could use your bike?” he asked as we stopped at the bed of the truck, facing each other.

I could tell he was hiding his excitement by the look on his face. His eyes were bright and his whole face just lit up at the thought. How could I say no to him? He had the face of an adorable boy waking up on Christmas morning…plus, it was a bonus for me. I smirked over at Dean and then looked back at Sam.

“Yea…sure. But I’m driving, I’ve never let anyone else ever drive it before” I told him.

“That’s fine with me” he grinned and I laughed a little.

I spun around to give Dean a little smile and then I unhooked the back of the truck and jumped up. I took off the blanket, wrapped it up and put it in the corner of the truck. I untied the ropes that held it down and then rolled to the edge.

“Oh, here” he said, taking it from me and setting it on the ground.

Then he grabbed onto my waist as I grabbed onto his shoulders and he helped me down. I closed up the back and put my hands on my hips, looking up at Sam. I looked back at Dean and saw his jaw clenched slightly to my satisfaction and Brit was shaking her head. I looked up again at Sam.

“Here, you can use Brit’s helmet” I said, handing him a helmet. He put it on and hooked it.

I sized him up. “Hmm suits you well” I could see he rolled his eyes at me. I winked at him and laughed a little.

I squinted over at Dean again but didn’t give him a look, I just looked at him as the sun got in my eyes. Then I looked back up again at Sam.

“Ready?” I smiled.

“You bet” he laughed to himself.

I put my helmet on and swung my leg over onto the bike as Sam got on behind me. I started it up. “Oh this is so sick, Dean’s going to be so jealous…but that’s the point, isn’t it” he stated and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

“Just hang on back there and make sure he watches” I laughed a little. I felt his hands go on my waist as I took off. “Whoo hoo!” he cheered and I laughed.

“So what’s this thing you have with my brother?” he asked, suddenly.

“What? I don’t have a thing with your brother” I contorted.

“Whatever you say…”

“Hey, you’re the only Winchester I’m fond of, don’t ruin it” He chuckled.

Eventually, we got to our destination but I parked the bike a little ways from the house so no one would think we were completely unprofessional. Wouldn’t want to ruin our cover before we even started.

“So what did you think?” I asked, taking off my helmet.

“It was great” he grinned, taking off his as well.

“Glad you enjoyed it” I laughed, setting my helmet on the bike and he put his beside mine. We headed for the house.

We got there and a lot of people were there wearing black for the wake. I got some picture texts from Brit, showing me the body of this man and his eyes were liquefied…there were holes with dry blood in place of them. She said that the police report said it was a stroke. Sam and I noted it and we walked right around back to see three girls in their teens and one looked about ten, sitting on a lawn chair and I got a feeling leading me to one of the girls. I picked up the pace a little to cue Sam to follow me.

“You must be Donna” I said in general, hoping one of them would answer.

“Yea” one said. Bingo.

“Hi, we’re really sorry” Sam said and we shook her hand.

“Thank you” One of the girls immediately looked over Sam, flipped her hair I resisted rolling my eyes at her. But then I noticed that Sam didn’t even show any signs that he was attracted to her. He would so be perfect for Brit.

“I’m Melissa, this is Sam. We worked with your dad”

“You did?”

“Yea…this whole thing…I mean a stroke?” Sam asked.

“I don’t think she wants to talk about this right now…” the other girl said.

“No, it’s okay”

“Were there any symptoms?” I asked.

“No…”

“That’s because it wasn’t a stroke!” the little girl claimed.

“Lilly, don’t say that” Donna chided.

“What?” Sam asked.

“Sorry, she’s just upset”

“No, it happened because of me” Lilly insisted. I squatted down to her height.

“Lilly why would you say that?”

“Right before he died…I said it”

“You said what?”

“Bloody Mary” she whispered and I wasn’t quite sure if I heard her right. “Three times in the bathroom mirror. She took his eyes! It’s what she does” I stood back up. “It’s not your fault” her sister persisted.

“I think your sister’s right Lilly, there’s no way it could’ve been Bloody Mary, your dad didn’t say it did he?” Sam asked. “No, I don’t think so” she answered and the whole time I just stared down at her. Wow, after all these years, it was back…well this time, it’s not going to get away. I’m going to make it up to dad and get this son of a bitch.

~~~

We walked into the house and upstairs. Sam took out the EMF meter as we started to scope out the hallway and we got to the bathroom. “The Bloody Mary legend…I wonder if my dad ever found evidence that it was the real thing” Sam said aloud. “Did yours? Your dad seems to know a lot about legends that my dad never even thought about”

“That’s because your dad learned from mine”

“Really?”

“Yea…our dads were really close”

“How come dad never mentioned it?” he asked but it was more to himself.

“I don’t know…” I said but my voice trailed off and he stopped with the EMF to look at me as I just looked at myself in the mirror.

Then I looked at him through the reflection. “I know you’re lying…but speaking of…what really happened to your dad? Where is he really" he asked and I turned around to face him. I put my hands on the sink behind me but my eyes avoided him.

“Okay…tell me later, lets focus on the case right now…do you know anything about this? You were a little girl, you were bound to play this game once right?”

“Actually…when I was like ten, my friend played the game at a sleepover Brit and I were at and the next day she was gone…but I don’t know much. Dad got right on the case but couldn’t find much on it…”

“So this is more personal then”

“You can say that…according to the legend, the person who says you know what gets it but here…”

“The shoemaker gets it instead”

“Right”

“Kids play it all over the country and as far as we know, nobody dies from it…”

“There, it’s just a story. Here, it’s really happening”

“I’ve never really heard anything like it before…but still, the guy died in front of a mirror and his daughter is right, the way the legend goes, you know who scratches your eyes out…”

But, I stopped talking because we heard footsteps coming up the stairs and we jumped out of the bathroom, heading back down the hallway. It was the other girl, Donna’s friend. “What are you doing up here?” she asked.

“Had to go to the bathroom” Sam said.

“Who are you?” she sneered.

“Like we said, we worked with Donna’s dad” I said.

“Her dad was a day trainer, he worked by himself and what was with the weird questions downstairs? You tell me what’s going on or I’ll start screaming”

“Alright…we think something happened to Donna’s dad” Sam said, putting his hands up so she wouldn’t scream.

“Yea, a stroke…”

“That’s not the sign of a typical stroke, we think it might be something else” I said.

“Like what?”

“Honestly, we don’t know yet but we don’t want it to happen to anyone else, that’s the truth”

“So, if you’re gonna scream, go right ahead” I challenged her, crossing my arms.

“Who are you? Cops?”

“Something like that” Sam said.

“Tell ya what. If you can think of anything or if you and your friends notice anything strange, give us a call” I said, handing her a small card with my number.

Brittney’s POV

I took out my phone to take some pictures of the corpse and I sent them in a text to Mel. “So…you have a thing for Mel?” I started saying, casually. He narrowed his eyes and made a face.

“No. Why would you say that?”

“Because of the way you look at her” I raised my eyebrows at him.

“Do you know what I see when I look at her? I see a know-it-all, smart ass, arrogant little girl who’s thinks she’s hot stuff just because her daddy is Will Stern and just because she’s nice on the eyes…"

But, he stopped talking when he saw my grin and my jaw dropped. “Shut it” he demanded and started to walk out as I followed quickly.

“You just called Mel’s eyes pretty. You like Melissa, you like Melissa…” I started to sing. We got to the Impala and he spun around quickly, causing me to almost running into him. He put up a finger in my face.

“I do not like Melissa Stern…” He lowered his finger. “And I didnt say her eyes were pretty...they're nice...I just…think she’s nice…looking…” he said and then I made a face at him as his jaw quivered, letting me know those weren’t exactly the words he wanted to use but he couldn’t get the right words out.

His eyes moved from one of my eyes to the other repeatedly and then looking away, letting me know this wasn’t a topic he wanted to discuss. “Melissa makes you nervous” I realized, crossing my arms across my chest and smirking.

“She does not…she’s just…different…” he lightened up and just by the look on his face, I could tell he was thinking about her deeply.

“Wow…you actually like her. I always knew you secretly had a sensitive side because of the way you act toward Sam sometimes but I never thought you would show it with anyone else…especially girls. I’ve heard many things about you, Dean Winchester”

“Well you shouldn’t believe everything you hear…and if you tell anyone about this…to Sam or Melissa…”

“Oh don’t be a big baby, I may tell Mel everything but there are some things I know not to tell her because time will tell…and you will tell her” I glared, standing on my tippy toes to get in his face. I was the smallest out of all of them…yay right? No.

“And if I don’t” But I didn’t respond…I just gave him a look. He backed down. “…I’ll think about it, geez” I smiled in satisfaction, backing away. “You’re not too bad, Short Stuff” he nodded.

“Eh you’re not too bad yourself...wait. Short Stuff?”

“Tacos? On me?” he asked, bypassing my question as he jerked his thumb at the Impala.

I sighed internally. “Mmm I’m trying this thing where I get healthier by eating salad and stuff similar to it…” He gave me a look.

“Tell me Melissa doesn’t have your appetite”

“Oh no, she stuffs her face too, if that’s what you’re asking…” He chuckled.

“Okay, a taco for me and I’ll get you your whatever” he promised and I grinned as I got around to the other side and got in.

My POV

We all met up at the library and Sam and I caught Dean and Brit up with out theories. “Alright, say Bloody Mary is really haunting this house, there has to be proof, like a local woman who died there” Dean said as we walked in and started walking down the hallway.

“Yea, but the local legend thing is hard, there are a lot of different stories that say who she is. One says she’s a witch, one says she’s a newly wedded bride and there are a lot more” I informed him.

“So what are we looking for?” Brit asked.

“Well stuff in common…a woman named Mary and appears in front of mirrors…local newspapers, public records as far as they go, see if we can find the right Mary who fit’s the bill” Sam explained.

“Sounds annoying” both Dean and I grunted. We glanced at each other but then looked away as Sam and Brit grinned at us.

“No, it wont be too bad. As long as we…” he started but then I opened the door to the computer room.

We all looked in and saw out of all of the computers there was only one working. “I take it back, this is going to be very annoying” Sam sighed.

We stayed until the library closed, researching as much as we could and then we got to the motel. I rode back on my motor cycle with Brit cause Dean wanted to talk to Sam or something. Brit and I walked into our room, I collapsed onto one bed as she collapsed on the other. We were both laying on our backs, staring up at the ceiling.

“How was your day with Sam?” she asked but I could tell she wasn’t looking at me, she was still looking up.

“You know…it wasn’t that bad…I like Sam. He’s cool…” I felt her gaze snap to me. I looked at hers. “He’s all yours though” I laughed a little. She nodded and we looked back up at the ceiling. “How was your day with Dean?” I asked her.

“It was…actually kind of fun”

“Looking at a dead body is your idea of fun?” I made a face at her. She laughed.

No. But after that, we got something quick to eat and…it was almost like being with you but in a guy’s body” she said and I continued to look at her.

“Funny…I felt the same way, when I was with Sam…” I said and just looked back up at the ceiling. She giggled.

“They’re our boy alter egos” she established.

I’ll admit, I laughed a little when she said it. I guess in a way it was true…as much as I hate to admit it…Dean and I are kind of alike…we both have secrets…that’s the major reason why we’re alike…and he’s determined to find out my secrets just as much as I’m determined to find out his. It’s only a matter of time.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333