Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

No Rest For The Wicked Part 2

We got back to the living room and started loading some weapons as we were all standing over some tables with our weapons laying across them. We were all dead silent…and I knew Mel wanted to say something to me…yell at me most likely…but she restrained. Sam sighed.

“We're just gonna let Ruby rot down there?”

“That’s the idea, Sammy” Mel replied and even though her voice was light, her look was annoyed.

“What if…what if Ruby's right? What if Brit, Mel and I can take out Lilith?”

Both, Dean and Mel snapped their eyes up at him. One thing you don’t want is having both Mel and Dean give their signature hard stares at the same time…it’s not good. “Quit looking at me like that” Sam said, uncomfortably.

“What, are you gonna give her the Carrie-stare and Lilith goes ‘poof’?” Dean quipped.

“I don't know what Ruby meant. You know, maybe we should just go ask her”

“Sam, you wanted the knife…and I got you the knife” Mel said, holding it up to show him.

“Just listen to me for a second. Last time, Lilith snapped her fingers and put thirty demons on our ass…and all we got is one little knife? I mean, like you said, Dean, we go in smart or we don't go in at all”

“Well, this ain't smart”

“We got one shot at this, Dean. Just one. So if there's a surefire way then maybe we should just talk about it”

“Sam. We are not gonna make the same mistake all over again”

“You said that but what does it even mean?” Sam asked and Mel and I decided to walk into the other room. This was a brother-to-brother conversation…they deserved privacy.

I followed behind Mel but then she spun around to narrow her eyes at me. “What the hell is wrong with you, Brit. You know better. And Ruby? Seriously?” she hissed.

“I didn’t help. I was only there for Sam…”

She just stared at me and shook her head. “We’re in deep” she said. It wasn’t rude…or bitchy…it was a simple, light statement. We were in deep.

We both leaned against the door frame on either side as we just watched the boys talk it out. I saw how Dean started to get a little choked up.

“Sammy, all I'm saying is that you're my weak spot. You and Melissa…and me and Brit are your weak spots…and lets face it, we’re they’re weak spots…and those evil sons of bitches know it. I mean, what we all four of us will do for each other, how far we'll go?"

He paused. "God knows I'd even do anything for Brit to keep her safe and you'd do anything for Mel...they're our family too and they're using it all against us”

It was true…we were each others weak spots…and the demons were ready to take advantage of that…

“So what? We just stop looking out for each other?” Sam asked, getting choked up as well.

“No, we stop being martyrs, man. We-we stop spreading it for these demons…we take this knife, and we go after Lilith our way. The way dad taught us to. And if we go down, then...then we go down swinging” Dean declared. “What do you think?”

Sam paused for a moment. “I think you totally should have been jamming Eye of the Tiger right there” he finally said and Mel and I took that as our cue to walk in, smiling.

“Oh, bite me. I totally rehearsed that speech, too”

“It’s true. Caught him staring in the bathroom mirror and everything” Mel said and Dean just smiled at her. Then, Sam smiled too.

“So, Indiana huh?” I spoke. “Yeah, where Lilith's on shore-leave” Dean replied. “Yeah, I guess” Sam sighed.

“Now, let me ask something” Mel said and we all looked at her. “What the hell does a demon do for fun?”

~~~

Mel had agreed to leave her truck at Bobby’s place so we could all just take the Impala. It was just going to be easier if we all stayed together…plus the guys thought it was better…we didn’t push the subject though, it wasn’t the day for all of us to get into a fight. I started to pace a little as Dean and Mel were outside, getting the Impala ready. We were going after Lilith…and I was so worried about Dean…Sam finally got me to stop as he put my face in his hands.

“I love you” he murmured and kissed me. I was taken back by his suddenness but I didn’t complain. “I love you too” I murmured back.

“We’re going to get Dean out of this…we have to” he whispered but it sounded like he was convincing himself more than me.

We heard the Impala come back and then Dean and Mel came inside. “You guys ready?” Mel asked. We nodded as we gathered our stuff together and walked out to the car.

Mel and I got in the back, Sam got in his seat and Dean got in his but when Dean tried to start it up, it wouldn’t. “It was running fine when we were driving it” Mel said, unsure of why this was happening.

So, we all got out to look under the hood…and then, we all jumped as Bobby came into view. “Where do you think you're going?" he asked and we saw he was holding the distributor cap…and he did not look happy.

“We got the knife” Dean stated, equally unhappy.

“And you intend to use it without me…do I look like a ditchable prom-date to you?”

“No Bobby” Sam said lightly.

“Of course not” I added.

“This is about me...and Sam…and the girls okay? This isn't your fight” Dean said and Bobby got in his face.

“The hell it isn't! Family don't end with blood, boy. Besides, you need me” he said and Dean was slightly taken back by Bobby’s attack.

“Bobby…”

“You're playing wounded. Tell me, how many hallucinations have you had so far?” Sam and I looked at Dean, confused. What the hell did that mean?

“How'd you know?”

"Because I'm smart"

Mel smiled lightly at him. “And because that's what happens when you've got hellhounds on your ass” she said.

“You knew too?” Dean asked.

“Of course I did. I’m not an idiot…I do pretty much have a sixth sense in case you all forgot” she said kind of harshly.

Bobby handed Dean the cap and said he would follow. “Don't be stopping to pee every ten minutes either” he called to us as he got to his car. So then, Mel and I got back in the back seat, Dean and Sam got back in their seats and we took off.

~~

Night fell and most of the ride was quiet. I looked over at Mel who was staring out the window. “Hey Dean?” Sam spoke.

“Yeah?”

“You know if this doesn't uh...this doesn't go the way we want, I want you to know…” he started and Mel and I both turned our heads to look at them.

“No. No, no, no, no”

“No what?”

“No, you're not gonna bust out the misty good-bye speech, ok? None of you are” he said, looking in the rearview mirror at me and then at Mel. “And if this is my last day on earth, I do not want it to be socially awkward…you know what I do want?”

Then, he reached for the radio and turned on Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi. “Bon Jovi?” I questioned. “Bon Jovi rocks on occasion” he said and then looked at Mel again and she smiled.

Then he gave Mel a kind of pleading look. She nodded and they both started to sing.

And I walk these streets
A loaded six-string on my back
I play for keeps


Dean started to nudge Sam to try and get him to join in and Mel gave me a pleading look. I sighed quietly and nodded. “Come on, Sammy” I said as Mel and I both leaned forward to put our heads in between the guys and I joined Mel and Dean as we kept singing.

'Cause I might not make it back
Been everywhere

Oh yeah
{Sam sang as we all grinned}

I'm standing tall {Dean sang and Mel and I exchanged looks and started laughing}

Then Sam laughed too and we all continued singing…and in all honesty, we were kind of terrible.

I've seen a million faces
And I rock the boat
'Cause I'm a cowboy
On a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted


I smiled broadly as Sam started to get really into it.

Dead or alive
Dead or alive


I saw Dean’s smile start to fade…and I saw Mel’s smile start to fade as well until they both were just frowning. Sam was completely oblivious as he continued to sing lightly.

Dead or alive
Dead or alive
Dead or alive


~~~~~~

After a few more miles I felt myself dozing off…but then a siren started to go off. Mel and I turned around to see a police car driving behind us. “We getting pulled over?” Sam asked.

“I've got a busted tail-light. It's not like we're in a hurry or nothing” Dean said and pulled over to the side of the road.

We waited in the car and Sam handed Dean the license and registration. Then, the officer walked over to us.

“Problem officer?”

“License and registration, please” he requested and he shined his flashlight in the backseat at me and Mel. “Do you realize you have a tail-light out, Mr. Hagard?”

“Yes…yes sir. Uhh…you know I've been meaning to…take care of that…as a matter of fact…” he started but then Dean just suddenly swung the door open, hitting the officer in the stomach.

“Dean!” Sam said in shock. But, he ignored him as he shot out of the car and punched the officer. We all got out of the car and he punched him two more times. “Dean!” Mel shouted.

But, then Dean quickly pulled out the knife from his belt loop and stabbed it up and through the jaw of the officer. Sparks flew as a red-orange light glowed in his mouth…just like a demon. We all stared in shock as the officer fell to the ground and Bobby parked behind the police car and rushed over to us.

“What the hell happened?”

“Dean just killed a demon” I stated in shock.

“How did you know?” Sam asked.

“I just knew” he shrugged. “I could see it's face. It's real face under that one” he said and we all just exchanged looks.

~

We drove the police car into some woods and we started to cover it up with some branches as we put the officer in the front seat. “So now you just see demons?” Mel asked.

“I've seen all kinds of things lately but... nothing like this”

“Actually it's not all that crazy” Bobby said.

“How's it not that crazy?”

“Well you've got, just over five hours to go? You're piercing the veil, Dean. You're glimpsing the B side”

“A little less new age-y please”

“You're almost Hell's bitch, Dean” Mel clarified for him.

“Exactly, so, you can see Hell's other bitches” Bobby added.

“Thank you” Dean said, mockingly.

“Well, actually, it could come in pretty handy” I voiced. “She’s right” Sam said.

“Oh, well, I'm glad my doomed soul is good for something

“Damn right it is. Lilith's probably got demons stashed all over town. We can't let them sound the alarm. If she knows we're here, we're dead before we're started” Bobby explained.

“Well, this is a terrific plan. I'm excited to be apart of it. Can we go, please?” Dean said and we watched him walk away.

But, then he stopped to grab Mel’s hand and they started to walk hand-in-hand. Sam and I exchanged looks and then we looked at Bobby and then we followed.

~~~~

My POV

“It's the little girl. Her face is awful” Dean said as he was using the binoculars to look into the house that we were spying on.

We were in an empty house that was for sale and we were all staring out a window across the street at the house. We saw an old man with his head on the table and it looked like his head was twisted around so his neck broke and then we saw a mother, a father and a little girl.

“Alright then, lets go. We're wasting time” Sam said and went for the door but Dean stopped him.

“Wait!”

“For what? For it to kill the rest of them?”

“Yeah, and us too if we're not careful. Look. See the real go-getter mailman on the clock at nine PM?” he said and we all looked out the window again to see a mailman going through some mail standing at the back of his mail truck.

“And Mr. Rogers over there” he pointed and we saw a guy sitting in a chair in his house smoking a pipe and reading a book. “Demons?” Bobby asked.

“Yes”

“Ok, fine. We…we ninja pass those guys, sneak in”

“Then what? Give a Columbian necktie to a ten year old girl?” I questioned, sarcastically.

“Look, I know it's awful…”

“You think?” Dean snapped.

“This isn't just about saving you, Dean. This is about saving everybody”

“She's gotta be stopped, kids” Bobby said, addressing me and Dean.

I glanced at him and I had a defeated look on my face. I didn’t want to kill a little girl. A little girl! How could we do that…I could barely hold onto the thought….

“Damn it” Dean sighed. We had to kill this girl…if not for Dean…then for the people in that house.

As we formulated a plan, we were getting ready to head out. I turned to face Dean. “Hey…do I…do I look different to you?” I asked him.

He eyed me. “You mean, do you look like a demon?” he asked. I didn’t respond. “No, Mel…I told you. You aren’t like one of them…you’re human” he assured me.

I nodded and went to turn and walk away but he grabbed my wrist to spin me around and look at him. He pulled me away from the others. “Hey…if this is going to our last moment alone together…”

“Dean, I thought we said we weren’t going to do this” I said, trying to leave but he stopped me.

“Well I have to…” he said, giving me a hard look so I just folded my arms and avoided his eyes. But, he lifted my chin so I had to look up at him. “I love you” he murmured.

“I know you do…”

“I need you to say it back…”

“So, we’re back to you asking me…you going to ask me if you can kiss me too?” I laughed lightly.

He laughed under his breath, shaking his head. “Maybe…” He paused. “Mel…please”

“Dean…you know I love you…I love you” I put a hand on his cheek.

“Now…can I kiss you?” he managed a smirk.

“I’ll never say no” I smirked back.

He grinned and then placed his lips on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and just tried to live in the moment and soak it all up.

~~~

So, we headed out with a plan. Dean, Sam, Brit and I headed out with determination to kill the demons and stay under the radar all the while Bobby was turning the water in the lawn sprinklers into holy water by finding the main pump. So, right now I was waiting behind the house as Dean would get the mailman to look at him. I waited, with Ruby’s knife in my hand as Dean got the mailman to look at him. Minutes later, Dean came flying around the corner and then so did the mailman and he flew right into me as I stabbed the knife into him and Dean came behind him quickly and covered his mouth so he couldn’t make any noise. He flashed a few times and then we dropped him to the ground.

Then, we raced to ‘Mr. Rogers’ house, being discreet and we all made out way inside and Sam and Brit took care of this one and Dean dragged him into a closet. Then, we got back outside, cutting across the backyards and cutting through some woods and Dean was ahead of us, being our eyes, looking out for any demons but then she came out of no where, pinning him to a fence. I picked up the pace and flew into Ruby, turning her around and I pinned her to the fence, putting the knife up against her neck.

“He doesn’t have it. I suggest you don’t touch him again” I glared and she just glared back at me. I lightened up a little.

“Take it easy” Sam said as he put a hand on my shoulder and pulled me back a little and Brit grabbed a hold of my arm, making sure I didn’t lunge at her again.

“How’d you get out, Ruby?” she asked. “What you don't know about me could fill a book” she replied.

Then, I saw Dean react to Ruby differently. His eyes widened. “Whoa”

“What?” she asked.

He looked to the side, avoiding Ruby’s face and then I smirked, crossing my arms, knowing exactly why. “Nothing. I just…I couldn't see you before, but you're one ugly broad” he said and Brit and I snickered.

But, then she just turned to look at him. “Melissa, give me the knife before you hurt yourself”

“Or before I hurt you” I muttered.

“You'll get it when this is over” Sam said.

“It's already over. I gave you a way to save Dean, you shot me down. Now it's too late. He's dead. And I'm not gonna let you die too. And it would be great if we could keep Brittney and Melissa living as well”

“Try and stop us and I swear to God I’ll kill you, bitch” Sam spat.

Brit stood beside him, letting her know that she was thinking the exact same thing. “Hit me with your best shot baby” Ruby replied smoothly.

“Guys! Hey. Have your little catfight later” Dean suddenly yelled to us and we all looked up to see two people who looked like father and son standing on their porch, staring at us with their black eyes.

Then, there was another man with a briefcase standing at his car but his eyes were black as well. “Shit” I cursed. “So much for the element of surprise” Dean commented.

“Go. Go. Run!” Sam yelled.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333