Status: i hope you like :)

Secrets Will Kill You

Back In Kansas

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Seconds turn into minutes…like minutes turn into hours…as hours turn into days…and then days turn into weeks…and weeks turn into months. It was supposed to be just a little while…Brit and I would go help these guys with some cases and then once we learned some stuff from them and they learned from us, we would go back to being on our own. We were doing perfectly fine even before we met the guys…and now…it was like we couldn’t part from each other. I would always think about when Brit and I would get back on our own again…but I was thinking about being a team with Dean and Sam even more. The thought of all of us separating to go different ways seemed to not be an option anymore…and I could tell I wasn’t the only one thinking it.

I could tell from the way Brit, Sam and Dean interacted. I analyzed all of them and I honestly think we would be lost without each other. I’ve gotten much more closer to Sam and he’s like the brother I always wanted. He really likes Brit too. He hasn’t told me but I’ll make him tell me. I can just tell though. They’ve gotten closer as well but you know the funny thing? Dean and Brit are close too, it‘s weird…but that damn hoe has both men wrapped around her finger…I laugh at the thought because that would happen. Me and Dean though? He’s actually growing on me. I might actually start to consider him as a friend. He makes me laugh…Brit and I have had our own fair share of times where we laughed our asses off about something…but he’s different. We crack jokes about each other still but now it’s all just pure fun. We don’t take it too far…usually…but we both just end up laughing in the end anyway. He stopped asking about my life and secrets…for the moment.

The passed few cases have been…well…interesting. One was when Sam’s friend was accused of murder and when we looked into it, it turned out to be a shape shifter…which was really bad for us because it got Dean’s face in the Wanted list for FBI. It was actually really gross though because I actually witnessed the thing shed its skin once it turned into me and it gave me some FBI trouble as well but it wasn’t as bad. Dean’s face was at the scene, people just described me so no one can know for sure I did anything…which I didn’t…and neither did Dean…it’s kind of confusing I guess…you just had to be there.

Another case had to do with a hook man. That ones just a really long story having to do with a college girl being protected by this spirit and when we tried to burn the bones, it didn’t work. Then, we found out the silver cross that the girl wore was made from the spirit’s hook so once we burned that, it was all good…that one got kind of messy when we were trying to destroy thing and it was trying to destroy us.

Our more recent case involved…a lot of bugs. It had to do with this really old native curse causing all the bugs in the area to team up and kill anyone who they felt threatened the land. Luckily only one family was living in the newly house-built area; the man who was in charged of the whole thing. Sam and Dean had some controversy but when do they not? Brit is not a big fan of bugs either…that just made the case amusing…I hate bugs just as much as she does…but I hide it more. Some people thought Sam and Dean were a gay couple…and that made the case even more amusing. Then it lost it’s amusing feature when a woman thought Dean and I were a couple looking to buy a house…actually I’m dreaming about it right now…

“…we’re open to any race, religion, color, sexual orientation…or if two lovers just want to get a house of their own” the woman, Linda, said to us.

“Oh, we’re not…” I started to say but stopped when Dean put his arm around me. “Yep, that’s us, two lovers who are so in love it’s sickening…excuse me” he said and then walked away, smacking my ass.

I turned to glare at him but then smiled at Linda, letting her continue…but then Dean came back over to me, pulled me close to him and he kissed me. It was fiery and passionate…


“Melissa!” Brit yelled and I shot up. “You were smiling in your sleep…you haven’t smiled in your life in a long time…what were you dreaming about? It was me wasn’t it” she said.

Okay so the second part of that dream didn’t happen…but the part of him hitting my ass and me glaring, that part happened. “No…I was dreaming about…pizza” I said, getting up and walking over to the fridge in the hotel room.

“Pizza?”

“Yes. Pizza. It was good” Before, she could respond, there was a knock at the door.

I walked over to it and looked through the peep hole and saw it was Dean, he seemed pretty anxious. I opened the door. “Hey, is everything okay?” I asked him.

“No…pack up, we have to go”

“Where’s Sam?”

“He’s loading up the car…”

“Where are we going?” Brit asked.

“Lawrence, Kansas” he replied and even he looked like he had trouble saying it.

I felt myself and Brit freeze. “What? No, we cant…” Brit said quickly but I gave her a look.

“She means why

“Because…Sam had a dream…and we just need to go…” he said, obviously not wanting to talk any further. He was about to turn but Sam showed up.

“Hey, the car’s loaded, are you girls…” he started but then his eye caught sight of something. He pushed passed us into the room and right over to my bed, picking up my sketchbook. “This is her…it’s the woman I saw…” he said, looking at the sketch I drew recently.

Everyone looked at me. “Mel…have you been having dreams too?” he asked.

“Too?”

“Sometimes I have dreams and they come true…last night…I had a dream about this woman being in trouble…did you too?” he wanted to know.

I didn’t know what to say.

“Okay, enough with the lies and the secrets, do you or don’t you have dreams like Sam thinks you do” Dean demanded.

“Yes! I have dreams about some things before they happen but they arent too frequent, they’re once a blue moon…”

“Why did you and Brit react the way you did when I said we had to go to Lawrence?” he demanded again.

“We grew up in Lawrence…it’s a bad place…”

“Why do you say that?” Sam asked gently.

I just gave Brit a look so she stayed quiet. “Come on, obviously we have a case…” I said and I went to walk out but Dean put his arm up against the door frame so I couldn’t pass.

“He asked you a question” he said quietly yet sternly.

“And I gave him an answer…I’m not talking about it right now” I said back.

He just stared me down, looking right into my eyes. It would’ve been intimidating if I wasn’t me. I clenched my teeth together, narrowing my eyes at him. Then, I took his arm and in one swift motion I pinned it behind his back and flew him into the room toward Brit and Sam and then I walked out. This wasn’t part of our usual banter and it wasn’t a game. I wasn’t going to have that conversation with them right now and he couldn’t make me.

I got in the truck and waited for them all to come out. Dean looked over at me and just stared. It wasn’t a glare…but his eyes were still hard. He got out his keys and him and Sam got into the Impala as Brit got in the truck beside me and I started it up. “What was that Mel?” she snapped.

“Don’t talk” I mumbled.

“No, what is wrong with you?”

“What’s wrong with me? Brit, you know we cant tell them” I kept my foot on the brake as I looked at her.

“Why not? It’s not like we cant trust them, they certainly have saved our asses a good amount of times…”

“Yes but…”

“But nothing! We are friends with them now Mel…at least I am. Don’t ruin this for me…or for yourself. Please, lets just tell them. I’m tired of keeping it from them…I’m tired of damn secrets in general” she pleaded.

I lightened up. “Okay…we’ll tell them…everything…today. Okay?” I said.

“Thank you” she sighed.

“I’ll tell them though…when I think it’s the right time…but I promise it’ll be today”

“Alright” she nodded.

As we drove behind the boys, I couldn’t help but wonder when…and how I was going to tell them about the secrets I’ve been keeping. I didn’t want to tell them…but at the same time I did want to…and then another part of me wanted to even tell Brit of the weird dreams I’ve been having involving a little girl and boy. One dream was even of me having sex with some guy…I saw some parts of his face here and there but I didn’t know who it was really…but I knew I really cared for him…I think I even loved him…and I usually don’t let people in so easily like that. Sometimes I hate my life so much. It was way too weird even for me.

I noticed we stopped and I looked over at the house we were in front of. After a few minutes, the guys got out of their car. “Stay here, I’ll be right back” I told her and got out quickly. I ran over to Dean and grabbed his arm so he would stop and face me.

“Look…I’m sorry” I said…and I don’t usually so it was weird to hear it come out of my mouth. “Whatever…” he went to walk passed me but I put a hand on his chest to push him back lightly into his car.

“No. Listen…both of you” I said, looking at Sam as well. “I’m sorry…you’re both right. I have a lot of secrets…and I know you do too…but you’ll know my secrets soon…right now Brit and I have to do our own thing…it’ll only take a few minutes…you guys go in there, see what’s up and call us when you’re ready to meet” I said.

“Alright…go do what you gotta do…we’ll call you” Sam sighed with an approving tone. I smiled at him and then looked at Dean. He looked at me with a gentle look.

“Go on” he nodded over to the truck. I gave him a small smile and got back to the truck.

“Where are we going? “Brit asked as I started to drive.

I didn’t answer…I just kept going…and with every inch that helped us get closer …my heart beat and breathing became more erratic.

~

I pulled up to the house and just sat outside it as we both looked out the window at it. It was newly built but it still looked the same…like there was no fire in the first place. I realized it was closer to Dean and Sam’s house than I thought…which was more than just weird. There were so many memories at this house…and now a new family is filling it with memories.

“You go to your house…see what’s up. Just meet me back here in a bit” I told her.

“Are you going to go knock on the door?”

“I will eventually”

She nodded and got out to star walking. Her house was only two houses down.

I couldn’t get the courage to get out of the truck. I just couldn’t…it was too hard. I envied Brit for going in. No one was home anyway and it made it easier for me because I didn’t have to worry about anyone thinking I was some kind of stalker…unless a neighbor called…but I shook off the feeling. I took out a magazine and started to go through it, trying to buy Brit as much time as possible and some time flew by before my cell rang. I saw it was Dean.

“Hey” I said.

“Hey…how’s your thing you’re doing?” he asked.

I laughed a little. “Not so good. Brit seems to be making some progress though”

“Care to explain?”

“Eh maybe later. How’d your thing go in the house?”

“Fine…we tried to give you girls enough time to do what you had to do so we did some investigating on our own after we left the house but I thought I’d call to give you an update on what‘s going on, on our end…”

He started to explain how they went to a mechanic after the house and he talked some more and I did my hardest to concentrate on what he was saying but I couldn’t focus much. I heard him mention something about a psychic and I heard Sam in the background name some names from a phone book.

“…and I wanted to tell you that…I think my dad and your dad might have been closer than we thought”

“Why do you say that?”

“Well, I’ve been reading my dad’s journal more lately and Will’s name comes up a lot, like on the first page it says ‘Will and I went to Missouri…’”

“Wait, Missouri? Didn’t Sam say Missouri? Dean…”

“…you think he meant the psychic and not the state. That’s a good idea…"

He told Sam what we thought and decided it was worth a try. Dean gave me directions and then we hung up. Brit got in the truck, seconds later. “Hey, how’d it go?” I asked.

“Really well. The people are so nice and actually have relatives living in your house…I know you didn’t go in…”

“I will later…maybe…but right now we have to meet the guys” I said and then noticed something in her hand. They were photos.

“What do you have there?” I asked.

“Just some pictures…I’ll show you later” she said and I nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333