Status: Hiatus...for a little while:)

Bubble Wrap

This Is Goodbye

“Gabs, please,” Gabriella’s older sister Jamie begged, the sweat dripping from her face on the hospital bed. Her hand flew to her stomach as the doctors told her that she may not make it. She had to choose now, her, or her baby. “You need to take care of her.” She whispered, pushing the pain to the back of her mind. She was choosing the baby.

“Jamie…no.” Gabriella whispered, shaking her head as tears slipped from her eyes. She can’t loose her sister; her best friend. She knew Jamie was strong, but the doctors kept telling her that the she can’t fight this. Gabriella felt a loud sob approach as she held onto her sister’s hand tightly. This is goodbye.

“Promise you’ll…take care of her…like your own.” Jamie choked out, now that she was crying too. Gabriella stared at her sister for a long while, wishing that she could live through this, but she just knew that it would have to be a miracle. She nodded with a loud cry, hugging her sister.

“I promise.” The baby was born a few hours after that, and Gabriella kept her promise. She was going to take care of her niece as if she were her own, in honor of her sister who fought her life. It was the least she could do.