Status: Hiatus...for a little while:)

Bubble Wrap

Standing Up For Myself

*18 months later*

“Izzy?” I asked, catching my best friends attention who was across the room from me. We’re located in our small apartment, deep within the large city called London. The bundle in my arms is the niece I promised to risk my life for, just like my sister had. She died while given birth to this girl, and I knew she was something special. The father had knocked my sister up then ran when he found out, leaving her all alone.

“Huh?” Isabella hummed, turning from her spot in the kitchen. She was holding a bottle and she was filling it with milk for the baby in my arms. After Jamie had passed away, Isabella had too promised to take care of the baby. The three of us were the best of friends, and seeing her go hurt her too, just as much as it had hurt me. She knew that if I had to take care of this baby, so did she. Jamie fought her life for the baby, and she knew that she had to too.

“Could you heat that up please? I think its naptime.” I told her, standing up slowly with the child in her arms. Rose is nearly 1 and a half now, and she looked up at me with her large blue eyes. I smiled, placing my finger in the chubby baby’s hands. Rose started giggling, which caused me to smile brightly too.

“Sure, did you want me to put her in her crib?” Izzy asked, and I nodded with a smile, handing the fragile girl over. I walked into my bedroom and sat on my bed, looking up at the ceiling with a sigh as I fell back. I couldn’t help but think back to a week ago, when I had walked in on my ex-fiancé and my old employee…

“Lauren? It’s me, Gabriella. I’m here to talk about your promotion…” I had called out into the empty apartment. I had hired Lauren a few months ago to work for me at Gibson Coffee Shop. The coffee shop was once owned by my father, Richard Gibson. But he passed away three years ago and it was handed down to my older sister Jamie. But when Jamie passed away, it was handed down to me. Isabella and I own the store together now, since my mother had fled from my father years ago to marry some bartender in Ireland.

I heard a thump from the bedroom and furrowed my eyebrows. Lauren had told me to just come in when I got here, and so I had done just that. I walked down the hallways and to the open door to her bedroom. “Laure-” My eyes grew wide at the sight before me. Sure, Lauren was there…but so was my fiancé Justin.

“Gabriella, I can explain!” Justin yelled as I turned her back to them and ran to the front door. Justin had beat me to it though, and stood between me and the exit. “I can explain.” He repeated, which caused the tears in my eyes. “It’s not what you think it is!”

“What, that you were in my friends apartment, but ass naked with her on the bed?! Because it sure as hell looks like what I think it is!” I screamed, pushing my naked fiancé out of my way.

“Gabriella, I’m sorr-” I turned as Lauren’s voice sounded as she came running out of her room with the bed sheets wrapped around her.

“No, you’re fired.” I screamed, and then I turned to my fiancé, who was standing in all of his glory. “And you…” I shook my head in disgust, the tears making my mind wander. “…how long has this been going on for?” I whispered, and Justin stuttered, looking away. By that, I knew that this wasn’t just a one time think. “Tell me how long this has been going on for!” I demanded. Justin bit his lip,

“Since the day I asked you to marry me…” He whispered, “1 year ago…”

“Fuck you.” I sobbed, making my way down the hall and toward my apartment. I fumbled with my keys, trying to find the right one and soon enough, Justin was back beside me, wearing his boxers and a shirt.

“Gabriella, you know I love you. Now stop being a bitch and let me explain!” He yelled, and I just shook my head as I sobbed. I knew that he was making a mistake. You call me a bitch, and you’ll be lucky if you come out alive.

“The wedding is off.” I shouted at him, causing him to stumble back. “Go back to fucking the life out of that girl. I honestly don’t give a shit anymore. I’m sick and tired of the way you treat me and I swear to God, if you ever come back here, you sure as hell will want an ambulance with you. Because when I’m done with you, you’ll just be lucky if you can breathe.” I finally found the key and pushed the door open. “Fuck you Justin.” I sobbed, slamming the door in his sorrow filled face.


Isabella had heard the whole thing that night, and she was proud of me for standing up for myself. I knew that it was a huge step for me to actually say how I feel, but I was done. He hurt me and he knew it. “Gabriella?” Isabella called, leaning against my doorway. I sat up, wiping my bloodshot eyes. I needed to get him out of my head. “I’m going to head back home. Danny called and he just ordered us takeout. If there’s anything you or Rose need, just call me up. Remember, I’m just two floors down.” She smiled, and I nodded with a soft smile. A true friend.

“Thank you.” I whispered, hugging her goodbye. “I’ll see you at work tomorrow morning, bright and early.” I smiled, causing Isabella to chuckle. We said our goodbyes and soon enough, I was tucking Rose into her crib and shutting the light, finally making my way to my bed for a good night’s rest. I needed it.
♠ ♠ ♠
kind of just a filler, really just to explain more about their lives. thank you for the comments and subscriptions:) i would really appreciate feedback:D makes me smile, and it definitely makes me add quicker because i know more people are reading and liking:D
more soon x