Status: finished for now, but thinking of expanding into full story later on...

You Try and Play It So Cool

You Know I Love It When You Touch Me, Baby

Damn... She thought as she was standing outside in the cold, frigid Chicago air. After getting blown off by her date, Kat was left stranded outside the United Center, waiting for her best friend to come get her. She was frozen, and pissed off. "Stupid asshole..." she muttered as she bundled her coat tighter around herself. Good thing I enjoy being single. Apparently, it's a crime to be interested in a game these days. Marie, not usually one for sports, had never seen a full hockey game. Sure, living in Chicago she certainly heard about the infamous Blackhawks, but never had she taken on the initiative to Google them, or watch a game. So tonight, when she got her first real hockey experience, she couldn't help but be memorized by the sheer excitement of it. Although she was thoroughly confused, not knowing the rules of the game, she hardly took her eyes off the ice. Captivated, she knew this would not be her last game. Nathan, her date however, did not appreciate her enchantment, and swore she had her eyes checking out the players the entire time. When he snarled the comment out the first time, Kat only rolled her eyes and scoffed. Drowned in the hockey gear and shielded by their masks, they all looked the same to her. Like robots, speeding across the sheer white ice. Not that she was innocent of checking men out or anything (she had a habit of rating every man that came in her view) but those thoughts had honestly never crossed her mind. Now the security guard that had been standing a few feet from her seat, was another matter, but Nate didn't need to know that. However, soon after realizing he had lost her attention, he started charming the young blond on the other side of him. Needless to say, that blond was the one who got a ride home tonight. Well, to his house at least. This is why you don't agree to a date with a guy you met in a club. She continued scolding herself for stupidly going out with a jerk, all the while, the night air just seemed to get colder. Not noticing someone had walked up behind her, she jumped, startled, when she heard the deep clearing of a throat. Turning, she lost track of her train of thought as she looked into handsome, dark eyes. Remembering that her weakness for good-looking men was what had her stranded out there in the first place, she quickly sobered and gave the newcomer and unfriendly onceover. "What?" She snapped, with attitude. She didn't mean for it to come out so harsh, but she had already been irritated and the last thing she needed to deal with was another bastard coming to hit on her. Not to mention that she was a little freaked out since there didn't seem to be anyone else around.

"Uh, were you uh...waiting for the team?" The handsome stranger trailed off in an unsure tone, obviously thrown off by her hostility.

Secretly, the deep, sensual, sound of his voice had her hormones reeling, but his words only worked to tick her off even more. Not again... She raked him with a glare. "For the last time, I don't give a rat's ass about the damn players! They can go jump off a fucking cliff and die for all I care!" She growled out. Did she really look like that big of a slut, that she couldn't possibly go to a game without checking out the athletes?

"Sorry, you just...looked lost," he finished, slightly backing up. She felt bad instantly, poor guy looked terrified.

Her eyes softened immediately. "I'm sorry! I'm just..." she broke off into a long sight as she stared back out into the streets. "Having a really bad night," she finished, looking back into those dark orbs that seemed to scream for her attention.
He seemed puzzled by something, but soon cocked an eyebrow and a smirk. "Not a big hockey fan?"

Letting out a light laugh she slowly shook her head. "First game...ever." She gave him a big smile from underneath her hair. "I actually enjoyed myself quite a bit. Don't be surprised if you catch me around here again," she gave him a teasing wink. Now that he wasn't pissing her off, she let herself freely flirt, and judging by the look on his face, he didn't mind her boldness one bit.

"Care to join me for coffee?" He smirked confidently as if he knew the answer.

"Hmm. Not really in the mood for coffee." She smirked as she saw her friend finally pulling into the lot. "Tell you what lover-boy, if somehow you run into me again tonight, you can take me any place you want. After all, the night is young!" She finished lifting her arms up for emphasis. After blowing him a kiss, she walked off and hopped into her friend's car, not looking back once. She really hoped he caught her drift. After all, there was only one club worth going to this early in the night, at least in her opinion.

Finally, turning to her friend, Kat cocked an eyebrow at her dropped jaw. "What?"

Julie looked as if she were about to burst. "What? First you don't invite me to see my favorite team play, then you skip out on telling me you know my favorite player?!" Slammed the brakes at the next red light.

Katherine just returned her excited look with one of confusion. "English please."

Julie once again gave her a crazy look. "Really Kat?! That was Jonathan Toews! Toews! I saw that look you gave him! Do you know how much I hate you right now! You didn't even realize it was him!"

Kat just shook her head with a laugh. Julie's antics could make anyone's day better. "I still don't know what you're talking about."

"You were totally just hitting on the team's captain! That's what I'm talking about!"

Kat let that information process in her mind. Not being used to hockey, his status didn't really affect her. Sure, she was kind of surprised, but that only made things all the more interesting. She hoped he was willing to play her game. "Go to the Inferno." The Blackhawks won tonight. She had no doubt they'd head out for a little celebration. Smirking, she realized she might just end up with lover-boy for the night after all.

Sweating in the packed place, Kat made her way to the bar. She had been there for two hours, danced with more people than she could count, but saw no sign of lover-boy. If she didn't see him soon, she was just going to go home. "Four-fifty." She heard the bartender say. As she dug through her purse, a large hand came in view, slapping a five onto the table. Without a word, he dragged her out onto the dance floor and moved her to the music.

"I've been watching you," he growled into her ear.

Pleased she had as much an effect on him as he did on her, she gave him a coy smile. "And just what do you plan on doing about it, superstar?"

His eyes widened a degree. "So you found out, eh?"

Stepping closer, making sure to press herself against him, she purred up at him. "Apparently my ride is your biggest fan. Is that a problem Sir?" She cocked a challenging eyebrow up at his obviously lustful expression.

"Nope." He pulled her closer, if that was possible. "So, does my fiery redhead have a name?"

"Hmm. Call me Kat." She knew they had to get out of there, any longer and she was going to spontaneously combust. "I must say lover-boy, I'm a little disappointed. Here I thought you were a man of action." Giving her best pout, she inwardly smirked as she felt his arousal.

"I believe you said anywhere yea?" His voice got deeper as lust took over, only making her want for more.

"And just what did you have in mind Captain?"

Seizing her with both hands, he pulled her lips to his as he explored her mouth with a fiery passion. Fighting for dominance, she soon gave up after realizing she liked when he controlled her. Getting lost in his taste, his passion, she was immensely disappointed when he ripped himself away. But all that frustration melted away when he growled out what she had been waiting to her all night long.

"I'm gonna take you back to my house."

Her insides going wild at his commanding tone, she let him lead the way, her insides tingling at the wild night to come.

I'm gonna take you back to my house
I love the feeling when you touch me baby
It's not as good when I'm by myself
You know you make me go
Woo-whoo woo-oo-oo
♠ ♠ ♠
Entry for No.Thought.Of.Me's Step Into the Unknown Contest! :)