Take Me Away

The Park

After meeting Andrew I had gathered my bags and walked to a park near by. Leaves crunched under my three-inch heals as I circled the park. I sat down on a metal bench, pulled my bags up beside me and pulled my phone out, checking for messages. Sighing I turned my phone off after seeing multiple missed calls from Max, 4 mixed texts, and two voice mails. I had been walking in circles for hours now, it was getting dark out and I realized I would be sleeping outside tonight.

I brushed back my blond hair and tucked it behind my hair. I could hear people by me, children laughing, parents telling their kids to behave and be safe, and teenagers playing around with each other. Looking up towards the sky I heard my name get called, my head turned slightly towards the voice then my eyes closed thinking nothing of it after not seeing anyone.

“Raven,” the voice came from behind me, it seemed very familiar as well, “Raven, I didn’t know you’d be here.”

I turned slightly on the bench my upper body turning towards the man who spoke my name. His piercing blue/gray eyes caught mine as we stared at each other.

“Hello, Andrew.” I smiled gently at him.

“How are you Raven, it’s been a few hours.”

He walked around the bench and sat next to my bags, he was wearing the same thing he was when I had first bumped in to him. A nice blue and white stripped button up shirt that was folded by the cuffs showing only a tiny bit of his muscular arms as if to tease me. His legs were covered by black slacks that ended neatly on his black shoes. A small necklace dangled beneath his shirt not letting anyone see what charm was connected to the silver chain.

“I’m tired, been walking around since we bumped in to each other,” I smiled lightly and chuckled a little never taking my eyes off of his.

He smiled lightly, and gave a soft chuckle as well, “Are you going to be sleeping here, at the park? My offer is still available, you know.”

My eyebrows raised, and eyes widened slightly, “Why do you want me to come back with you?”

He furrowed his eyebrows slightly and a frown replaced his smile, “I don’t want sex, if that’s what you’re thinking. I just figured since you don’t have a place to go and you were obviously running from something pretty horrible to have no plan as to where you’re going, I wanted to give you hand. You know, help you on your way, I guess.” He shrugged his shoulders and looked away from me and towards the sky.

“Not that I don’t appreciate your offer,” I paused thinking of the right words to phrase my thoughts, “It’s just that, I don’t know you. I just met you a little over 4 hours ago. I want to take your offer, but it wouldn’t be a very smart thing of me to do.”

He frowned slightly letting my words process through his head, he still gazed at the sky though his eyebrows scrunched forward more. I gazed at him closely; he only sat a mere five inches away from me on the bench. His rosy pink cheeks looked soft and very much touchable. His voice still seemed that of chocolate, and his shockingly gray/blue eyes stared at the clear sky.

“I see that makes sense. Can I at least give you my number?” I nodded my head and he pulled out a black, shiny phone. He handed it to me and I programmed my cell phones number in to his.

“Thank you,” I nodded again turning my head away from him and gazing at the sky like he once did.

He got up after that and walked back towards the street, no doubt heading to his beautiful home. I sighed and relaxed against the bench just thinking of all the things that I would be doing and wouldn’t be doing from now on. It could only be mid day and I had nothing to do, I didn’t have a job, I didn’t have a home. The only thing I could do was sleep, and that’s exactly what I did. I dug out a sweatshirt from one of my many bags and lay down on the stiff, metal bench that I was currently sitting on.

I sighed lightly and closed my eyes, letting my mind clear of anything and everything. It wasn’t long until I was asleep, in pure daylight with all my bags sprawled out beside of me.

I remember thinking how stupid I was for not taking Andrews offer right then and there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Today was pretty hectic.
First I woke up at 5:45 to get ready for my first day back to school.
Then, I got out early and had to go to my court date to figure out what
was going to happen to me. Didn't take long though, only an hour.
Now I'm beyond tired and want more than nothing to sleep.
But, I figured I'd update once more.

FACEBOOK | FORMSPRING | TUMBLR

Check out a story in the work?; THE CLAVICLE