Status: Searching for Co-Authors (Please message Teddysaur if you wish to be one.)

What Started as a Crush

Confession #23

My friend's boyfriend is being shipped out next year, and she's worried. She doesn't know what to do when he's gone, and how long she can wait for him. It's hard, being the lover of a military person, especially when you don't know when they're coming back. It's just a matter of patience and love. But still, it's exceptionally hard.

My boyfriend asked me a question like this once, "What would you do if I just disappeared all of a sudden on my way to the Navy?" I honestly didn't know what to say. I just told him that I would wait for him, or wait for an answer ('cause me not knowing where he is if he disappeared, I'd go frantically nuts.) But honestly, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it's hard. To wait for someone who God-forbid might never come back. Even worse, they come back without your love; they confess that they don't love you anymore. It's hard not knowing what the future brings you, what fate there is every single day he's gone. Whether he's alright, if he's having fun, if he's eating right. So much worry, yet you still wait for an answer. Then again, there could be the vice versa scenario when you start losing feelings for that person that's away in battles or in some kind of dangerous situation out there in the world. You don't see that person anymore, so what's the use, right? But to me, that's no excuse. I'd wait. I'd see what I can do to contact him any way, any day. I'd miss him, I'd want to know how he is every single day. I'd still want to hear his voice every night and still hear those words, "I love you" in my ear every day. I'd want to see his smile, his eyes, his face. If only I could feel his touch and his kiss, but that would be going overboard. Or is it? I don't think there's ever an overboard for love.

What I'm trying to say is that love is patient. Even though the future isn't guaranteed, at least you can say you held on to something you wanted, which was waiting to be in his/her arms again when he/she returns.