Status: In progress. Updates once a week.

Let's Turn the Page

01

(Brandi's POV) [1981]
“Hey, you fucking asshole,” I greeted Nikki as entered the tattoo shop.
He muttered under his breath, “Fucking cunt.”
Tommy entered and slapped my ass as I bent over to grab something. I jumped up and his face was right next to mine. I inched my mouth towards his, but pulled away before it touched him.
“Nice try, Tommy,” I replied, smiling.
I sat up on the desk in front of the shop. Nikki watched in disgust.
I can't help it! I love messing with Tommy. He's such a damn horny bastard!!!
“So what's up with you guys?” I inquired.
Nikki was about to take a seat in the old crimson rolling chair, until Tommy stole his chair. Nikki sighed and just remained standing.
Tommy spun the chair around once, then came to an abrupt stop. “Well, same as always.”
“How's this whole band thing working out?” I asked. They'd been going on about this band for months. These guys are determined.
Tommy looked up at Nikki, "Wanna answer that one?"
Nikki looked me straight in the eye and informed, "We're gonna make it. We're gonna be fucking famous."
"Okaaayyy. But until then, get to work!"
[1984]
I smile as the black van pulls up to the shop. This sight is such a Deja Vu thing. As always, Nikki walks in first.
"Hey, no hug?" I ask.
He glares at me with his piercing brown eyes.
I only smirk to myself. Nikki is the same. I'm don't know why he hates me. Nikki and I were friends at one point...I even had strong feelings for him at one point. But now, I don't know. But quite frankly, I don't care, either.
"Nice to see you're still an ass...," I mutter.
He grins and replies dryly, "Nice to see you're still a slut."
I sigh, returning my attention to the door, where Tommy comes in next. He smiles and greets me with his ever-so-friendly hug. "Hey, Brandi!"
Vince and Mick enter the shop next. I greet them with a simple "Hi." I don't really know them as well as Nikki and Tommy.
“Well, how's this whole rock star life workin' out for you guys?” I inquire, keeping my eyes on Nikki, who is staring at me as well with his dark brown eyes.
He replies, not breaking the glance, “It's fucking amazing.”
Tommy finished, “It's wicked.”
“Going on-stage everyday for fans is better than anything,” Vince joins in.
I smile, knowing they are having the time of their lives, while I sit alone in a damn tattoo shop. I wish I could go back to the times when they worked here...
“It's been so damn weird in the shop without you two. Missing both of you so fuckin' much!” I exclaim.
“Ah, Brandi! We miss you, too! Which is why...we have a surprise!!!” Tommy informs. “Well...Nikki, ya wanna take it from here?”
Nikki sighs, “Come on tour with us. We wanna tag-along groupie.”
Vince and Mick seem surprised at the way Nikki talked to me. He's always done that. Well, since we were 17. Something happened back then...it just totally fucked him up and made him treat me like shit...which is why I, in return, treat him like shit.
“Fuck, you wish I was your groupie, bitch,” I reply.
Nikki hasn't taken his eyes off of me at all yet. I'm keeping my gaze on him as well.
“Cunt.”
“Fagot.”
Vince interrupts us, “Well, me and Mick are gonna go around town. We'll leave you three to spend time together...um...bye.”
He walks out and leaves me and Nikki and Tommy together.
We remain in an awkward silence, Nikki and I still evilly staring at each other, pure hatred in our eyes. I don't really hate him. I remember him as the funny, partying guy he used to be, but he stopped being that guy around me. He started being an ass around me. Whether he's like that around the band, I don't know. I guess I'll find out sooner or later.
Tommy questions, “Can I leave you two alone for a while? I need to go check on my girl, Lita.”
Nikki sighs, “You mean your 'girl-of-the-month'?”
I smile, knowing Tommy is still the player he used to be. That little horny bastard. “Sure, Tommy. We're fine.”
He raises an eyebrow, and I know he's still unsure about leaving me and Nikki alone. I roll my eyes and signal for him to go have sex with his whore-of-the-month. He walks out of the shop and leaves to the bus. He ends up walking out of the bus with a girl with curly blond hair, over-dramatic make-up, tight dress that's probably made of spandex and three-inch heels. Of course. She walks ahead of him, giving him time to air hump her without her noticing. We sigh as he leaves our sight with his arm around her.
Nikki and I remain in complete silence, eyes locked on each other's. I analyze his appearance. He's dressed in some spandex pants and a ripped up shirt. His hair is as big as fuck and he's wearing make-up.
“Thought the costumes were for the stage only?” I ask.
He replies, “We all wear these outfits. If you haven't noticed yet, all of the glam rockers do it.” The tone in his voice is cold and bitter.
(Nikki's POV)
I've treated her like shit for the past...I don't know how many years. She's a great person, but I'm pretty much worthless. I couldn't allow her to fall for me back then. This was the only way to make sure she didn't. But right now, she hates me and I pretend to hate her and there's no fixing it.
(Brandi's POV)
"So when does the tour start?" I ask.
He tells me, not breaking his glare at me, "Three days. Be ready."
"Is three days the normal time between tours?"
He sighs, making me feel like a complete dumb ass. "No. This is really different for us, too."
"Okay..."
This is probably the biggest conversation we've ever had with each other in a long time.
His eyes are still locked on me. It's a bit intimidating, since he seems to always be wearing that evil look in his eyes. At least around me he does.
“Well...what's new for you?” Nikki inquires, the same expression upon his face.
I reply, keeping my eyes on him, “Nothing...no relationships, rarely anyone comes to the shop...nothing good.”
“Well, you'll get a break from everything on tour.” I sense some sort of kindness in his tone. He isn't being a complete jerk to me for once.
I throw him sort kind of half smile, and he returns a similar one. It seems as if he wants to be nice to me, but he isn't. Although, he's always a dick to me around anyone else, no matter what. Oh well.
Nikki sighs, “Hey...I-”
He is interrupted by Tommy walking in with a different girl than before, Vince and Mick, laughing their asses off. Tommy and his slut sit down on the old red chair together and Vince and Mick sit on the couch. All of the guys pretty much look the same, big hair, make-up and leather outfits. Tommy's new slut is dressed in black leather pants, a cut-off shirt and three inch boots. She has brunette feathered out hair, and, like always, over-dramatic make-up. She seems overwhelmed by just being in the same room as Mötley Crüe. Poor girl is gonna get used by Tommy.
I smile at Tommy, giving him a look along with it, "Why Tommy, who is this lady, hmm?"
He smirks, "Well-"
The girl jumps in, extending her hand to me, "Oh, I'm Dianne, pleasure to meet you!"
I give a "don't-do-this" look to Tommy and he shakes his head. Dianne seems way too nice to be used by Tommy. Well, it's probably a cover...I mean, she's dressed like a hooker.
I return to my spot across from Nikki, who is quiet and keeping his eyes on me again.
"So, what did you two do while we were gone?" Vince asks.
Nikki replies before I can say a word, "Nothing. Just told her not to be a total whore around other bands."
I glare at him, not believing his change in personality. Whenever anyone says shit to me, I fucking yell back. That pretty much explains me and Nikki's ordeal. "Dick. You're just mad because I'm not a whore for you."
"Stupid bitch."
"Fuck you!"
"Kiss my ass."
"Cock sucking bastard!"
"Mother fucking twat!"
I grumble and flip him the bird. His eyes are still on me. It's still creepy as shit.
"Don't tell me that you two going to do this throughout the whole tour," Mick groans, obviously annoyed with us.
Nikki is still staring at me. "No promises."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, yeah, this is the begining :)
Tell me what ya think of it so far!