Status: Finished! Thank you so much for reading!

Won't Turn Out Right

Chapter 16

I didn't have a dream for the first time in God knows how long. It was a deep, restful sleep, ironically enough. When I woke up I still had a fever and I still forgot my name and how old I was for a little while. Ever had that?

The hazel eyes staring me down from across the room were the last things I noticed. Matt's form didn't stand out in the mess that was once his room. He didn't look angry and he didn't look happy. He was emotionless and that was the scariest thing I'd ever seen.

I swallowed hard.

He's gonna... eat me.

No he's not. Why do you keep saying that?

I keep saying it because it's true. He's tried to before and he'll do it again.

He stood up and walked towards the bed. I didn't try to move away. I didn't try to scream or cry. I held the same emotionless expression as him.

Oh... so you're not scared? Your not scared of the monster who stole your peanuts and your mom and-

Whoa, whoa, whoa. He did not steal my peanuts. It wasn't him. It wasn't the monsters. It was the dem- no. I mean, it was the ringmaster. Where is he? He's not where I left him last...

Matt sat down on the bed. I scooted my legs away from him quietly.

"Play nice and I'll give you back your mother."

"You can't give her back. She's gone and she's never coming back you're a monster and a demon and you stole her and you stole me. I hate you."

"Play nice and I'll give you back your father."

"You- you can't have my father." He smiled.

"What do you mean?"

"He's safe not here and not here you can't take them both away from me. No. No no no. Why did you say that? You're a liar and I hate you. You're a monster."

"What do you mean I'm a monster?"

"You're a demon and you stole her and you stole me."

And my love he has stolen away...

BANG! HAHAHAHAHA!


"No, sweetheart, that doesn't make me a monster."

"So what are you then? What's your excuse? You've been working on this answer for quite a while, though haven't you? You've been ready for this question since... since..."

"Which question?"

"The one about being a monster."

"What do you mean?"

"I-I, well, you're a monster and you are going to keep denying it."

"So?"

"What do you mean 'so'? You're a monster and you know it and you're trying to convince me otherwise and you can't have my dad." He chuckled softly. He reached out a hand and placed it on my forehead.

"Hm, Syn was right. I think you've got a fever. I hope you don't give whatever you have to one of us. Being sick sucks."

"Tell me about it, asshole."

"Tell you about what?"

"About being sick!" I growled.

"Oh, you're sick?"

"Yes. You just said that!"

"Said what?"

"You-I-I don't..."

"Hm?" He ran his hand through my ratty hair and I didn't fight his touch. I stared at him with wide eyes and an open mouth.

"Why are you here?"

HE'S GONNA EAT ME!

"What do you mean? This is my room, remember?"

"I... Yeah, but..."

"But, it's also your room, isn't it?"

"Well, I suppose..."

"Does that make it our room?"

"No! No it doesn't!"

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to share a room with you!"

"But, this is my bed."

"Aren't you angry that I trashed your room?"

"Why would I be angry?"

"Because... because it's your room."

"But, you're going to clean it up."

"I am?"

"Yes."

"But I-"

"Play nice and I'll let you live."

"Maybe I don't want to live. Not anymore. Not here. Not with you or Synyster or Zacky. The worst is over, and this, too, shall pass. You cannot deny me my peace of mind and peace of heart. The cake... is... a lie."

"Hm..." He removed his hands and leaned his head against the wall. "I can see everything in your eyes. Everything. It's ugly. Your eyes are ugly, Charity."

"I have my mother's eyes."

"Your mother was weak."

"Stop." I glared at him, but his eyes remained glued to the wreck that was once his room. "Don't. Just don't. You're never going to understand because your eyes are... hazel. Hazel and blue are two different colors completely. Ugly blue is different than ugly hazel. Don't give me that. Never do that again."

"You can't tell me what to do." His eyes suddenly darted to mine, full of fire but still glinting with playfulness. I swallowed again, remaining silent. "I forget your answer." He looked away again. "Did you want to see your dad or not?" I frowned.

"I don't believe you have him."

"Your ignorance means his pain." He stood up, turning around and heading to the door. "I'll go tell him."

"Wait." Matt stopped mid-step.

"Yes?" His voice was a sickly sweet melody. I saw the corner of his mouth curl up into a cruel smile. His grin reminded me of the eels in The Little Mermaid, luring Ariel to Ursula's cave. False hope. The wrong idea. Wolf in sheep's clothing. Green skin and yellow eyes. Monster.

"How do I know you're telling the truth?"

"You don't." It was quiet for a moment.

"Okay. What do you want?"

"I just want you to... play nice." He bounded towards the bed, surprising me and making me jump, and ripped off the sheets.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hola chicas! And possibly chicos... Hi : )

I have been super duper super busy lately. It's disgusting. I haven't had any time to write. I have lots of ideas for this story, don't worry, but I'm just swamped with shit to do. Christmas break is coming up soon, so that'll give me a little bit of time. But for like three or four days right after Christmas, I have to go and visit my aunt in Virginia. So, I don't know what the fuck's going to happen to me O_O We'll see...

But, I still have up to chapter 20 written, so we'll be just fine for about four weeks : )

Muchas gracias to Finding Marie, AngelMadeFromNeon, Sister Ginger and Frankie Way for commenting on the last chapter!!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Last Friday seems like FOREVER ago. Ugh.

But, thanks for commenting, subscribing, and for even looking at it!!! ^_^

OH YEAH! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACKY BAKER ^_^