Status: Finished! Thank you so much for reading!

Won't Turn Out Right

Chapter 28

So here we are. Me and Zacky. Zacky and I. What a bastard.

We've got this staring match going on. He's sitting on the opposite side of the room. He's got this stupid, faint, little smirk on his face, too. Like he was hiding something.

What a bastard.

I can feel my mind getting all fuzzy. It's not a nice feeling.

I have to do something. Something. Anything. I've got to do anything or I'm going to die alone with Zacky. And, I'll be damned if I let that happen.

My anger is great and my power is very little. So what do I do?

I can picture it now. I finally gather up the courage to sprint off when my stomach falls out and I start bleeding to death on the carpet. Zacky will sit and laugh like the little twat waffle he is.

The more I think about it the more hopeless it seems and the more I want to curl up into a little ball and fall asleep.

I don't see any blunt objects. I can't strangle the man. Perhaps I should jump on his back and cover his eyes? Maybe he'll run wildly downstairs, carrying me off to safety. Maybe not.

"Can I get some water?" I croaked out messily. "I'm quite parched." Zacky continued to stare at me. He clicked his tongue.

"On a scale of one to ten, one being the lowest and ten being the highest, how would you rate your level of pain right now?" I blinked.

"I'll take a number nine, please." He nodded.

"And your embarrassment and humiliation?"

"And a number three with extra onions." He nodded. I have no shame.

"Don't go anywhere," he started as he stood up, but stopped and laughed. "Funny, no?"

"No." He left, shutting the door behind him. "Douche," I muttered. I took in a shaky breath, lifting up my covers and wrapping them around me tightly, focusing on my stomach. I ground my teeth hard, and let out a horrified moan. "Oh, that really sucks." I swung my legs over the side of the bed, feeling the blood rush to my head. I stood up and let the tears fall freely. "Oh, God." The pain was immense, a searing white hot pain that spread throughout my body.

I hobbled to the door, tugging it open, and closing it behind me. The floor downstairs started to creak and I panicked. I went to my right, 'rushing' past the staircase, hiding inside an empty room. I heard steps coming up just as I reached my hiding spot. When he started to open the door, I rushed out as quickly as possible, nearly tripping down the stairs as it closed behind him. My legs creaked and clicked as I moved, my skin rubbing painfully. I heard glass smash and Zacky roar. I let out a startled cry, choking back more tears. He didn't come out right away and I figured he was searching the room.

I made it down the stairs and panicked when I didn't know where to go. I dodged to my left and came upon the kitchen just as I heard the door upstairs slam open, he started to barrel down the stairs. I started crying again. Tears of joy sprang free when I saw a door.

This was it.

-*-

Matt Barry was just standing there. Standing there trying not to hyperventilate. He could almost feel the sniper scoop poking into his forehead. He didn't know exactly where he was but, he knew Jimmy was in one of these buildings with a sniper rifle aimed at his head. Synyster and Shadows were both on the ground, separated on either sides of the abandoned train station. Jason would be due any minute.

There had been certain precautions that the boys had taken before they left the house. They made sure that Zacky was going to kill the bitch. They made sure Zacky was going to light that house on fire. And, they made sure that Matt was wired so they could hear everything he was saying. They had their guns aimed and they knew the bitch was in good hands. Perfect.

There was a grumbling coming down the street, and Matt sighed and swallowed knowing that would be his brother's shitty car. He glanced to his sides, trying to find Shadows or Synyster one last time. He couldn't.

He watched Jason park his car, and ran up to Matt.

"Hey, man. We gotta go. I'm glad you're here." Jason clapped him on the shoulder, trying to get him to leave. Matt's heart started to race.

"I, uh, I don't- What do you mean we gotta go?" Jason waved his hand about, trying to push Matt.

"Don't you dare go anywhere with him or I'll shoot him in the head and come out there and slit your throat." Matt nearly shuddered hearing Shadow's voice in his ear.

"I'll explain it all on the way, but we gotta go now-"

"Wait!" Matt tried to fight his brother's grip and tried to pull him over to a bench. "Let's just sit down and talk this out. Where have you been, Jase? People have been talking." Jason looked nervous.

"Let's go, Mattie, don't let him leave."

"Man, seriously, we should go. I promise I'll explain everything." Jason grabbed his wrist and started to pull him down the platform stairs, off to the parking lot. A shot rang out and Jason screamed, dropping to the ground.

"NO!" Matt screamed just as loud, ducking down to his brother's level. His stomach was covered with shiny blood, it spread like wildfire across his shirt. "No! Shit! Jason!" He lifted his head up, looking back and forth to either sides of the station. "You bastards! Why'd you do it? He wasn't leaving! I wasn't going to let him leave! I had it handled! You fucking shot my brother!" Out of the corner of his eye he noticed Shadows stepping out from the darkness of the other side of the platform. He held a walkie-talkie to his grinning face.

"Oh, no, that was all Jimmy. Sorry 'bout that. Too bad." Synyster came out of no where with a straight face. He leaned down to Jason, putting two fingers to his neck.

"He's got a pulse. It's faint. He's fading." Matt ground his teeth together.

"Help him!" Shadows and Synyster looked at each other, Synyster grimly and Shadows gleefully.

"No. He was a traitor. Good job, Matt." He held the talkie up to his mouth again. "Good job, Jimmy." Matt let out a growl as Shadows waited for an answer. "Jimmy." Still just the crackle of the talkie. "Jimmy," he said a little more forcefully. He looked at Synyster with a look of sickness. "Shit." Suddenly there were sirens in the distance, getting closer.

"Are you going to come with us, Matt? Or not?" Matt just stared at him, his mouth slipping down into a trembling frown. He shook his head, looking down at his brother.

"Make it quick." Synyster looked at Shadows with a stony face. Shads reached behind his back, removing his revolver. He cocked it and Matt flinched, closing his eyes. Shads raised it up to the back of Matt's head and shot. Matt fell to the ground with a thud.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lots of excuses again. The main two being no time and the fact that I was doing a little hard drive spring cleaning and somehow managed to delete everything. Yeah. Everything. I luckily had a USB dealy that I updated about a year or two ago when I was switching from my old computer to this computer, so I was able to salvage some stuff. But, all the new stories that I had worked SO FUCKING HARD ON that I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO POST ON HERE are all gone. That's just it. So, I've scrapped the idea of re-writing them, and I went into a depression lasting about two weeks or so.

Happy Spring Break, though, because this is the only reason why I'm still writing. I had this four day break to look forward to, and I started hammaring out ideas again. I have a new muse who is beautiful and wonderful and brilliant and AMAZING but I digress. Sort of.

I'm starting to lose all of my good crazy, though. Just a heads-up. I think all of my bad crazy is starting to move in now. It's a little worrisome, but I think I can still work with what little talent I still have left. We'll see.

Thank you to Frankie Way, PaperLung;, xxbrittxxx, and Sister Ginger for commenting. Thanks so much guys. It means a lot to me.

The next chapter is going to be up later tonight. Literally. I wrote it already. Be right back.