Status: Finished! Thank you so much for reading!

Won't Turn Out Right

Chapter 29

Fifteen minutes earlier

"Jimmy... Jimmy, it's Johnny." Johnny bounced his fingers across his knees nervously. "I'm on my way back to the house. You guys still there?" Jimmy started laughing.

"Wow, hey man. Geez, good thing you called. We were getting worried about you! No, don't go back to the house. We moved all of our important stuff out, and Zacky's gonna torch it." Johnny met Officer Ryan's eyes.

"You're going to burn the house down? Whoa, when did this happen?" Officer Ryan put a piece of paper quickly in front of Johnny with a pen. He mouthed the word 'address'. Johnny hesitated instinctively to reveal their hideout, but recovered and wrote it down quickly, trying to steady his hands. The officer took the piece of paper giving it to another cop.

"Get the fire department and all of our squad cars down there," he whispered harshly, out of Johnny's range. The other cop rushed off with a wave of his hand at a couple other officers. Officer Ryan was talking to someone at his desk, but kept a close eye on Johnny.

"It's a long story, man. Get over here. We're at the train station, we're waiting for Jason Barry to get here. He's a fucking traitor, man. We're hitting him tonight. God, you missed a lot." Johnny sighed.

"Yeah, I'll bet."

"We're going to get rid of the girl tonight, and probably the brothers, and then we're ditching this town. It's getting too dangerous to be here. We can't trust anyone here anymore." Johnny blinked and frowned.

"Yeah, I know what you mean."

"So, I'll tell the guys you'll be here." Johnny widened his eyes.

"Oh, don't worry about it. I called Shads already. He knows."

"Whatever. Wait... then why'd you ask about the house?" Johnny's heart jumped and raced.

"I just... wasn't sure if everyone was there. I knew Shads was at the station, but I didn't know if everyone was. Now I know." Jimmy was silent.

"Whatever." Johnny let out the breath he had been holding it in as silently as possible.

"I'll see you in five- wait, are you still sniping?" Jimmy chuckled.

"Damn straight."

"Which building will you be in? I think Shads and Syn will have the ground covered fine. I'll meet you."

"I'm in the new apartment complex, room 607." He hung up suddenly without saying goodbye, and Johnny rolled his eyes. He looked straight on at Ryan, and he walked over.

"They're at the train station. Jason Barry is going to be there, and my guess is that Matt will be, too. Zacky is the only one home, so that means that Jimmy, Synyster, and Shadows will be at the station. They're going to-" Ryan looked angry.

"What do you mean? I thought you said they were at your house." Johnny gritted his teeth.

"It's only Zacky at the house with the girl." Ryan handcuffed Johnny before he realized what was happening, pulling him up harshly by his arm, and pushing him down the hall towards the cells.

"I just sent most of our cars to the house, dirt bag." Johnny struggled in his grasp.

"Wait, I can show you where he'll be!"

"The cars are all probably almost there by now. The station and your house are on opposite sides of town."

"Stop! I can guarantee you Jimmy! I don't know if the other cars will get there quick enough, but if we leave now, I can take you to Jimmy. Where Jimmy is, the others won't be far behind." Ryan stopped walking and looked Johnny straight on, silent for about five seconds, contemplating the risks and benefits, pros and cons.

"Don't make me regret this, Seward."

"Take off the handcuffs." Ryan was silent still, and Johnny let out an exasperated sigh. "You're going to have to un-cuff me eventually. How else will I be able to get Jimmy?"

"Look, Johnny, I don't know what you thought was going to happen but I have no reason to trust you. At all. You're a criminal. I appreciate the help you've given us, but for all I know you're going to backstab me as soon as I let you go. You're buddies are gonna be right there."

"No, you look, buddy, you don't know shit about me." Ryan looked at Johnny angrily.

"Well, go on don't be shy. Tell me something about yourself."

"They aren't my friends." Ryan looked at him with raised eyebrows, shaking his head and shrugging his shoulders.

"...And?" Johnny took a deep breath.

"Synyster killed my girlfriend." Ryan dropped his eyebrows and his shoulders, tightening his lips into a straight line. "And, the others were in on it." Johnny clenched his fists tightly. "I've had to fight the urge to kill them for over five years. I saw them everyday and I couldn't do shit about anything."

"If they killed your girlfriend why were you partners with them?" Johnny unclenched his fists, but kept a tight, angry face.

"They were going to kill my brother. My brother Kevin. We better get going or we'll be too late."
♠ ♠ ♠
Shortest. Memo. Evarr.