Status: Finished! Thank you so much for reading!

Won't Turn Out Right

Chapter 31

Beep. Ba-beep. Beep. Ba-beep.

There was something whirring above my head, and something beeping to my left. I opened my eyes slowly. Bright lights struck my eyes and I winced. I blinked a couple times, squeezing them and opening them.

A hospital.

I felt a wave of warmth wash over me. Relief. So much relief and so much joy.

I was safe.

I shifted in the starchy bed sheets, tensing my muscles and relaxing. It twinged, but it felt good, in a way. I looked down to my arms which were laying down at my sides. I had gauze and tape wrapped around my biceps and a couple fingers.

The artificial tube lights mingled with the sunshine filtering in through the closed shades. It was afternoon-ish, judging by the amount of light that was visible.

I was safe.

I finally let a small smile creep up to my lips. My breath caught in my throat, and I almost started to cry again. Because, I was safe. I closed my eyes.

"Charity? Charity Fuller? Is that your name, Hun?" I blinked, looking around nervously. I was in an ambulance, surrounded by two middle-aged men and a woman. All of us were crammed in the back, one of them moving back and forth in the closed quarters..

"Yes. My name is..." There was a high-pitched beeping that started getting a little faster.

"It's okay, Charity. You're okay." He shone a light in my eyes and I tried to look away. He turned to the woman. "She's concussed. Her BP's high and rising. Get some cooling blankets for her burns."


I opened my eyes back up, putting a hand to my head. My memories were a little fuzzy. There were gaps in my timeline. I couldn't remember everything. I looked to the side of the bed and found a remote with buttons for the bed and for the nurses. I pressed the call button for the nurses. One came in about ten seconds later with a cautious smile on her face.

"Charity. Nice to see you up. How are you feeling?" She picked up the chart at the end of my bed, looking up to the machines and scribbling things down onto the clipboard.

"I'm okay. How long have I been out?" She replaced the clipboard.

"A couple days or so. You were given a sedative to help you sleep. You were in surgery for a couple hours after you arrived, and you needed to sleep through the worst of the pain."

"Surgery for what?"

"A couple skin grafts for the burns. The surgeon stitched your stomach back up. He fixed up your legs a little bit, too. A couple pins have been inserted, and you've got two casts. You're going to have to stay off of them for a little while, but with a little physical therapy, you should see a full recovery." I blinked and let out a huff of breath and another smile.

"Wow. That's great. I can't believe it." She smiled and patted my hand gently.

"You've been through a lot, Charity. You're very strong." I gave her a weak smile.

"I... I have to ask." I took in a deep breath, closing my eyes. "Where is my father?" Her face dropped a little, and I almost broke into tears in front of her.

"He's not dead," she said quickly, noticing my expression. "But, he's been in the hospital for a week or so. He was shot, and hasn't woken up since. I'm sorry. The bullet just barely missed his heart, and the doctors were sure he wasn't going to make it." I closed my eyes tightly. She gripped the top of my hand still.

"What happened to-"

"Try not to talk, Charity." An oxygen mask was placed over my mouth and nose. I shook my head.

"What happened to him? Is he dead?"

"Don't worry, Charity. It's okay now."

"But is he dead?" The man looked into my eyes with dread.

"Try not to think about it." The man stuck a needle in my arm.


"But, he's not gone, yet, Charity. Anything is possible. I've seen cases like his before. One moment they're out for the count, and the very next they're up and talking. Don't lose hope."

"Mhmm," I mumbled out with a nod.

"This was a lot to take in. The police had told us to call them when you woke up, but they can wait. Get some more sleep. Is there anyone you want us to call?" I sighed, trying to think.

"No... thank you. I can't think of anyone." She gave me an understanding look and nodded gently.

"Alright. You get some sleep and be sure to call if you need anything." She flicked the light switch, silencing the whirring noise with a click, and shut the door quietly behind her. The room fell into a heavy silence again.

My relief from before was replaced with worry and loneliness.

I looked behind him to see another gurney on the other side of the ambulance, partially blocked by the other medic. I was able to make out black hair and pale skin.

"You're going to go to sleep now, Charity." The fists on the other gurney clenched and I heard him groan. The man turned around. "Shut him up, damn it..." I closed my eyes as my stomach filled with dread.

"Noo..."


I turned to the window, shut my eyes, and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gasp! She's alive! And, is that Zacky on the other gurney?! Gasp!

Sort of a filler, but I just need to get it out : )

I had so so so many commenters!!! THANK YOU!!! XxDustxDustxX, FullMoonLullaby, Frankie Way, JennferColorado, Sailor Meranda, xxbrittxxx, and PaperLung;. If I ever have a bad day, I go and read your comments. They make me feel so good about myself and I can't even begin to explain to you guys. Seriously. THANK YOU!

I shall see you all in a couple days... possibly tomorrow? Maybe.

This is a link to "C'est La Vie" which is a series of letters I am writing. They're simple and an easy read, if you want to get a bit of a better sense of the loser who writes this story : )

This is a link to "A Conversation With Jimmy" which I have updated. I've mentioned it before, but I felt the need to shamlessly promote it again : )

AUTHORS OF MIBBA: you need to fucking update your stories. I haven't had anything to read in WEEKS. It's not good. Where the fuck did you all go? I can understand that life is hectic, but for all twenty of my subscriptions to go absolutely cold is fucking insane. Please write something. Anything, for Christ's sake. Just so I know you're still there. Thank you.