Status: getting edited

Stairway to Hell

12

Present: 3000 (two days before)

They went back to their room and sat on their beds. Elijah looked at his watch it was six thirty. ‘Wesley can you wake up in thirty minutes so I can go to practice,’ he asked yawning it almost been a day since he had slept last.

Wesley just looked over at him, ‘Yeah Elijah I can wake you up, but I think you should probably try to sleep longer when you get back.’

‘I will try Wesley. Will you try to sleep while I am gone? I will be gone for about an hour or so?’ Elijah asked him right back.

Wesley laughed knowing his brother well enough to know he’d say that, ‘Yes I will try to sleep while you are gone.’

Elijah yawned and stretched out on his bed as he whispered, ‘Thanks Wesley.’ Wesley turned around to tell his brother something but he was passed out on his bed.

He was tired we need to talk to her, and maybe she could write us something for sleeping pills. I just don’t know if he will go for that. Wesley set his brother’s alarm hoping he would hear it and wake up. He wrote his brother a note ‘Sorry I wasn’t here to wake you up myself but I needed to think so I went for a walk. See you after practice.’

Wesley walked back the way the teacher had forced them earlier. He wanted to talk to her, the doctor; he needs someone to talk to. He was truly hoping that she was still in her office. He hated admitting he needed help, they both did he knew that. Elijah knew that they needed help and that’s why he didn’t just leave earlier today.

When he got to the door that said Dr. Millar, he knocked hoping she was inside.

He waited for a few seconds before just turning around and leaving. Right as he was turning to leave the office door opened and she was there, ‘Mr. Wolf, were you the one who just knocked on my door?’

He looked at the floor, ‘Yes ma’am, I am sorry to barge in on you but I was wondering if I could talk to you.’

She turned towards him, ‘Come in please, and next time you don’t have to knock.’

‘Yes I do,’ he said almost laughing.

She looked at him, ‘If you say so.’

He began to regret coming, ‘this was a mistake coming here, and I shouldn’t have come.’ He turned around and started to leave, but someone grabbed him. ‘Let me go,’ he almost growled. His anger was starting to take over; the ground was starting to shake ever so slightly.

She looked at him head on, ‘No I won’t. You need to turn around, calm down, and come into my office.’

He was stunned no one had ever done that before. No one had ever told him what to do when he got like this not even Elijah. ‘Why should I? Why should I do anything you say,’ he asked?

She had been expecting this, ‘Because you sought me out. You came down here all by yourself you wanted to talk to someone. So calm down and talk to me.’

He thought about this for a moment or two, ‘Fine but I need you to do something for me and my brother. We hardly sleep at all. Is there anything you can do to help,’ he asked looking at the floor. He hated this, and he knew his brother was going to kill him for talking to her without him.

If there was one thing Dr. Millar was expecting to come out of this boy’s mouth it hadn’t been that, ‘There is something I could do for you but giving you two sleeping pills isn’t going to work. The best thing for you two to do is to talk to me about why you can’t sleep.’

He looked like he wanted to cry, ‘I just need the pills please, we won’t give them to anyone else. But that is the only way we will sleep. Please Dr. Millar give just enough to sleep tonight then I can talk to him and see if he will talk to you,’ he looked at the floor and started blinking the tears away. He wouldn’t cry in front of her, not now, not ever.