Status: getting edited

Stairway to Hell

13

Present: 3000 (later that day)

Back in his room, he picked up the bottle of pills. It was enough for this week. So they could sleep that truly long overdue goodnight sleep. He sat on his bed holding the bottle in his hands, replaying the conversation it took to get it. Wondering how Elijah would handle him asking to talk to Dr. Millar with him, so they could get more of these.

Almost as if he summoned him, he walked into their room from the bathroom. Wesley stood up and told his brother to sit, “Elijah I need to talk to you about something. I know you probably will want to kill me after what I just did. But I think it will help us in the long haul.”

Elijah looked at his brother, “Wesley what did you do? I won’t be mad but what did you do?”

Wesley handed him the bottle of sleeping pills, “I wanted to be able to sleep without the nightmares. I had to make a deal with the devil to get us both a week’s worth of them. Please hear me out before you explode okay?”

Elijah was tired and his body was sore because of the first night of hockey practice. He sat down as he said, “I won’t explode but please explain what you’re talking about.”

The boys sat down and started talking about talking to Doctor Millar. Wesley started telling his brother what she told him. “She said if we talked to her and explained why we don’t sleep that she could keep giving us the pills. She just needs to hear the story and why we do it. Elijah I think we should do it. If we could sleep everything would be so much better,” Wesley finished what he had to say.

Elijah looked over him really good, “Wesley is this really what you want to do? Do you think it will do us good to talk to her?”

All Wesley could do was nod his head yes.

“Alright, Wesley, we will talk to her but right now I am beat. Can I have my pills for the night? Let’s see if these things really work,” he holds out his hand as he yawned and started stretching. His brother gives him two and takes two for himself. They both fell asleep and slept almost all night.