Status: getting edited

Stairway to Hell

17

Future: 3012

A young man, eighteen years of age, walks to the front door of a stranger’s home, glancing down at an aging photograph. He sees a small girl holding a two year old version of himself. He takes a deep breath and rings the bell. After a few moments a grown women answer the door, “Can I help you with something?”

He nods unsure if his voice would hold out, “I realize how odd this is going to sound but are you Jennie Weller?” His eyes glisten with tears as he waits for the answer he’s been waiting to hear for years.

She was shocked at his question, “Well, my maiden name is Jennie Weller. I am married now.” Looking at the young man standing before her, she begins to wonder who he is given the fact that nobody around here knew her maiden name.

“Yes, I finally found you,” he whispered. He pulls his picture out of his back pocket, “Do you remember me?”

After reaching for the picture, she let the picture fall, “Johnny is that really you?” Jennie wraps him in her arms, crying she says “I never could forget you.” Right then Elijah walks into the foyer holding Zeke.

“Honey who is that,” he asked extremely confused.

Jennie smiled at her husband and son lovingly, “This is Johnny, my youngest brother, who is like my son.” Turning so she could see her three favorite boys, “Johnny this is Elijah, my husband and your uncle; he is holding your five year old son, your nephew, Zeke.”