Status: a work in progress

There You Go Again Being Beautiful You

Charity

I looked into his hazel eyes they were filled with concern for me…not for some one else, not for Val who seemed to have gotten lost in a fit of rage and then let it out on me. It was me he was concerned about the mother of his child. He came to the hospital to see me. I was in complete shock. I hadn’t expected him to come to the hospital at all. Much less apologize for what Val had done to me. I was sure I’d deserved it.

“Matt it’s ok I’ll be fine.” I laughed gently lifting my hand up to touch his face and calm him down. As soon as I reached his face I could feel my heart rate spike a bit and the monitors showed it. I quickly pulled my hand back blushing.

“I feel horrible about it though Charity. She hulled off and attacked you and that was horrible because you didn’t do anything to her all you did was go to something that I wanted you too and she just…” he kept rambling. I glanced at Gena who looked amused at his profuse apologizing.

“Matthew Charles Sanders” I spoke in my motherly tone causing him to stop and look at me finally. I let out a small laugh. “That’s better, now quit apologizing. It’s not like you told her to hit me.” I smiled at him trying to let him know that it was going to be ok.

“No but still…” he sighed as he reached over his thumb brushed against my cheek under my black eye. I cringed slightly but his finger felt so good on my skin it canceled out the pain from the black eye that was still spreading through my face.

“No buts mister.” I teased trying to reassure him that I really wasn’t mad at him but I could see in his beautiful eyes that he was still worried maybe even a little scared. Scared of what? He wasn’t the one who could be lying here with brain damage.

“Alright” he let out a soft sigh before his eyes moved away from mine and found his sleeping daughters form lying on my body. I let out a gentle sigh sort of mocking his and ran my fingers through her hair. Gena shook her head as she looked at us. I knew what she was thinking because I was thinking the same thing.

“I’m going to kill Val for doing this to you…I hope you are all aware of that” Gena spoke up killing the quite mood that had been in the room. She crossed her arms across her chest and shook her head a pissed look on her face. She was rather amusing when she was pissed and I had no doubt she could take Val on.

“I know” I laughed slightly only to be reminded of the pain in my head. I sighed and closed my eyes. It didn’t matter what I did the pain wouldn’t go away. I could feel tears biting at my eyes wanting to leak down my face but I couldn’t cry not in front of them I didn’t want to look pathetic and weak and what if my daughter woke up? What would she think if she saw her mommy crying?

“I’m going to go call Zacky and let him know everything’s alright and to bring some Arby’s. Don’t worry I’ll let him know what you like Sweetie” Gena said gently pressing a soft kiss to my forehead before leaving the room to make a call on her cell phone. I looked at Matt and I just couldn’t help it.

A million things racing through my mind, what if I had hit my head harder? What if I had serious brain damage? What if I had died? What would have happened to my daughter? How would she Have been ok? All these questions attacked at once and between the thoughts and the pain I couldn’t help it as a few tears slipped passed and ran down my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHY DON'T THEY JUST ADMIT THEY LOVE EACHOTHER :P