Status: a work in progress

There You Go Again Being Beautiful You

Charity

I’d heard them screaming back and forth at each other but I wasn’t about to go down and get involved. I waited until I heard the door slam. I picked myself up off the guest bed before tip toeing to Madison’s room looking into her crib. She was still out cold curled up with her pacifier in her mouth. I let out a gentle laugh before gently touching her cheek. She stirred slightly and I withdrew my hand from the crib and made my way out of the room.

“Matt?” I called from the top of the stairs. I let out a gently sigh when I didn’t get any kind of response from him. He was sitting on the couch his head leaned back against the back of the couch his hands over his face. I shook my head slowly walking over and placing my hands on his shoulders rubbing them as best as my little hands could.

“Charity, you don’t have to do that.” His voice was frustrated and confused. He slowly pulled his hands away from his face and looked up at me. I just shrugged my shoulders and continued to try and rub his shoulders though I did a pretty shitty job.

“Matt… I know I don’t have to do anything.” I looked into his hazel eyes “I am doing it because I want to” I smiled gently.

“I don’t know why you’d possibly want to do any of this for me I’m a complete waste of your time” Matt sighed gently as he leaned back into my hands. I shook my head what was this man thinking? I wasn’t worth his time not the other way around. I moved around as I sat down next to him kissing his cheek lightly.

“Matt Stop. You are more than just a baby daddy to me alright?” I sighed gently as I looked to him tucking my feet under my body. “You gave me the most beautiful little woman in my life and she’s yours too and just because Val can’t seem to understand that doesn’t mean you’re a waste of any ones time.”

“Thanks Charity.” He mumbled softly. I just smiled and slowly stood up from the couch as I heard a small cry come from the baby monitor.

“It’s nothing Matt.” I smiled before letting out a small sigh heading up the stairs. I walked into Maddison’s room to see her standing at in the crib holding onto the edge and shaking it back and forth. “Baby girl you are going to knock yourself out of the crib.” I laughed walking over and picking her out of the crib and setting her on my hip.

“It’s a lot more than nothing.” That familiar smooth voice came from the door way, I turned to look at him Maddison curled up in my arms. He let out a soft chuckle; I guess I must have looked confused.

“Huh?” I asked softly rubbing Maddison’s back before moving myself to the rocking chair in the room patting her back. That look in his eyes, There was something so different about it. The way he looked at me told me there was something more than just baby mama drama when it came to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize I took a really long break from writing. I've had alot going on in my life but seeing a comment on my profile asking about this story really inspired me to start it back up again :3