Status: a work in progress

There You Go Again Being Beautiful You

Matt

After fighting with Val yet again for the fifteenth time this week I slammed the door and walked out of the house too pissed off to really deal with her right now. I couldn’t handle this pressure, she wanted me to give full custody of Maddie to Charity and I just couldn’t do that. I loved my little girl and I think I’d go through hell not seeing her. I made her! I was responsible for that little one and it was so angering that Val wanted nothing to do with my little one.

It’d been like this forever, ever since she found out charity was pregnant with my kid all we’d do is fight. She was okay with Maddie when she was just a new born but the bigger Maddie got the less Val wanted to do with her and I just didn’t understand it. This time the fight was about me going to Charity’s. She doesn’t like that I see her every week to see my child. She doesn’t understand that you can be friends with your ex. After all she is the mother of my child and yeah I still had feelings for her but for now I had Val and she knows I’d never cheat on her.

I stood at the door way of Charity’s apartment, it was kind of gross looked like it was run by a slumlord. I wasn’t pleased that she was living in this kind of a place. Why hadn’t she told me she was living like this? I thought it was going to be ok if I let her live on her own because she refused to let me buy her somewhere to live and I really had wanted to. The door finally opened and I felt my whole face light up at the sight of the beautiful girl in Charity’s arms.

Charity was a stunning woman, she had medium length Red hair that fell at her shoulders but it was choppy and usually straightened. She had beautiful Blue eyes that were almost green when she got mad about something. Though I noticed that she’d gotten rather small her ribs showed through and her hip bones stuck out a bit but her breasts didn’t seem to shrink at all. (Hey I’m a guy give me some slack for noticing that) Her face had also thinned a bit and it all had me concerned.

“Why don’t you come in while I get her stuff together?” Charity’s voice was soft and gentle but it was a worn tone like she had been dealing with something or hadn’t talked in a while. I brushed it off as I held my little girl close to my body.

“Sure there’s no rush, so take your time” I told her and watched her rush off to my daughter’s room through the mess. The apartment didn’t look good but it looked like she tried to at least keep it in tact for Maddison. I moved over to a torn couch and sat down standing Maddison up in my lap. She looked at me a bright smile on her little face.

“Da!” she giggled as she pulled the SpongeBob pacifier out of her mouth and looked at me. Her eyes mirrored mine, big brown eyes that she could use to get anything she wanted, her little body fit easily in my arms. Her soft, curly brown hair was pulled up into two tiny messy pig tails and she was dressed in her favorite pink footy pajamas.

“Yes baby girl?” I asked gently as she tried to give me her pacifier. I shook my head sticking my tongue out which was the wrong thing to do. She stuffed her pacifier into my mouth as soon as I’d opened it.
♠ ♠ ♠
He would be such a cute daddy.