Status: Completed. But editing & fixin it up now. :)

In Love With A Tomboy

In ♥ With A Tomboi: 14 - Edited.

Izzy's POV:

I wasn’t sure why I haven’t told the other girls about Joey and I as of yet. Well, actually, I might have been a bit of afraid of what they thought about it. Especially Spencer. I mean, she was my best friend, but then she also had a crush on Joey and I remembered what happened to the last girl who also liked the same boy she liked.

Her name was Stephanie and she was a part of our little group. She was the only one who stood out and that wasn’t just because her name wasn’t unisex like the rest of us. She was the only one who wasn’t a major tomboy. I mean, she liked to shop and talk about boys and act all girl-y and stuff. And yet, she was Spencer’s best-est friend ever

It’s not that Spencer wasn’t like that a little too – which was kinda the reason they got along so well – but she wasn’t one that talked about boys and clothes for 24/7. The two of them had a lot in common, for instance they both had annoying older brothers – who are probably in college right now – and there were others reasons too.

They both knew that the register lady that worked at Gucci had a crush on one of the security guards who worked at the mall. They had same taste in music, clothes, food, you name it. But, unfortunately, they just had to have the same taste in boys as well.

It was during one day when Spencer spotted this cute boy named Matthew working in the Hollister store at the mall and instantly fell for him. She made the mistake of telling Stephanie about him though who decided to go and see if the guy was really all that or not. A week later, Spencer saw Stephanie and Matthew hanging out together - like together together - causing them to have a huge fight and let's just say that things didn't end well.

Spencer got her revenge on Stephanie by making her life hell. Finally, one day Stephanie just couldn't take it anymore and just left. Ever since then nobody's dared to talk about it, because they've all been afraid Spencer might treat them the same way. She also happened to be the leader of our whole group, so we all had to do as she said anyway.

Right now, I was back in my living room with Joey - who had come over again the next day - and I was telling him this story. He was lying back on a pillow that was leaning against the arm of the couch while I had my legs wrapped around his waist and sat on top of him. Joey intertwined our fingers together as I was talking as he watched me with his beautiful eyes.

"So, whatever happened to this Matt guy?" Joey questioned, after I was done.

"Matthew," I corrected him. "Well, we're not exactly sure about that. I mean, Spencer's tried her best searching for him and we have too, but we never did see him again. He just...disappeared. And since we didn't know too much about him, we couldn't do so much. After a while, she just kept quiet about it and since she doesn't like talking about and gets upset if anyone says anything, we don't say anything about it anymore."

"And Stephanie?"

"She hasn't been seen since."

"Oh."

Joey didn't say anything more after that and I began to feel sadness creeping into me.

"I'm afraid that if anyone finds out about us, they'll try to separate us or something." I whispered, speaking my mind.

"That'll never happen." Joey told me firmly.

"How can you be so sure though?" I felt my voice crack a little and bit down on my bottom lip.

"Because I won't let it happen."

I smiled a little and leaned forward to give Joey a small peck on the lips, which soon turned into a full make-out session. I pulled away soon though and as I remembered something I've been meaning to ask Joey about for a while now.

"Joey, how come you haven't told your friends about me though?"

"Well, I always been meaning to, but I guess I just get so caught up with you and then joking around with them that I just end up forgetting," he said. "Plus, Ben's also got a thing for you, so I've been kind of wary of him."

"Really?" I arched an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but I think he kinda knows I like you too."

"How? You told him?"

"Not exactly."

I gave Joey a weird look and he clarified by telling me about having this weird dream where he had been sleep talking and thinking his people to be, and when he woke up the guys found him kissing his people and calling it Izzy. That made me laugh a lot!

"Spencer's a little weird though, don't you think?" Joey commented after I was done.

"Well, yeah, I guess a bit, but she's still a good friend." I defended her.

"Well, she seems a little..." Joey trailed off as he circled his forefinger around his ear, indicating that he thought of Spencer as crazy.

I grabbed a small throw pillow from behind me to hit Joey in the chest with it, which caused us to start play fighting, which then turned into a whole lot more once again. But, we stopped immediately as soon as Mom came home from grocery shopping and headed outside to walk and talk.

It was when the guys saw us holding hands and stuff that Joey decided to tell them about us, but as soon as the girls arrived, we pulled away from each other and pretended to be in another argument again.

Sigh!

'I don't know how much longer I can go on pretending like this though,' I thought sadly to myself. 'There has to be some way to get Spencer to stop liking Joey. There just has to be!'

After a few minutes of walking, I was finally hit with an idea. 'That's it!' I exclaimed in my head. 'I'll find Spencer someone else like! But, the question is...who?' I shut my eyes tight and tried to concentrate with all my might.

I was so focused on my thoughts that I hadn't realized that Ben - who was walking in front of me had stopped walking - until I banged right into him.

"Sorry." I smiled sheepishly.

"It's fine," he replied back sweetly. I gave him a small smile and began walking around him. "Hey, try walking with your eyes open next time!" he called after me.

I turned around to say something back to him, but before I could get the words out, a light bulb flashed over my head.

'Ben! That's it!'

I grinned widely and was practically skipping down the sidewalk then as a brilliant idea began to soon form in my head.