Status: Completed. But editing & fixin it up now. :)

In Love With A Tomboy

In ♥ With A Tomboi: 08 - Edited.

Joey's POV:

I guess it was kinda wrong for me to spy on Izzy like that and maybe I really shouldn’t have done that.

What if this causes her to seriously hate me for real now?’ I thought to myself. ‘Man, I’d hate for anything like that to happen.

I knew I had to apologize and I knew I had to do it in a way that’d make it impossible for her to stay mad at me for too long.

And I knew exactly how to do it.

I drove myself to the mall after informing the guys that I was just going out for a little walk and would be back soon.

The rain had stopped and it was close to noon, so it was actually really beautiful outside when I stepped out of the house.

After buying what I needed from the mall, I headed back home and set straight to work.

First, I looked out my window and tried to see if Izzy were still in her room or not. I found her lying on her bed. Her eyes were closed, so I knew she must’ve been asleep. I carefully climbed out my window and crossed over the ledge that hung between my window and hers. Once I was sitting on her window sill, I carefully and as quietly as I could I crept inside.

Next, once I was inside, I started to look around her room, which was something I couldn't really do when I was spying on her. Her walls were a light shade of pink - kinda like a salmon type - which I found rather peculiar, you know with her being a tomboy and all. The doors were white and clean and she had two - one, which I had assumed was the door leading outside of her room and the other was probably a closet.

The door on the right had posters of dancers plastered on them and the one in the center of the room, I noticed had different types of athletes from skating boarding to snowboarding - which I couldn't help smiling at - and from karate to wrestling.

'So, she loves both, huh?' I thought to myself. 'That's cool.'

My eyes landed on her sleeping figure then and my eyes lowered, while my face softened up.

I noticed a small table to the left of me and I placed the things I had bought on them and waited patiently for her to awake.

Izzy's POV:

I had just closed my eyes and curled up against my pillow when I started to heard a loud thumping noise from across the room.

Oh, now what?!’ I groaned to myself. 'Ugh, it's probably stupid Joey and the other guys planning something new or whatever.' I answered myself.

I decided not to pay too much attention to it, but, the sound continued and soon it changed to much lighter sound. I picked my head up without opening my eyes and tried to listen carefully.

I heard nothing after that, so I just shrugged my shoulders and tried to go back to sleep. But the sleepiness was already gone, so I gave up and just heaved myself up and out of bed.

I walked up and towards the window. It was open. Even though I could’ve sworn I had left it closed before I went to sleep.

My eyes carefully drifted away from that though and landed instead on what was on my table. There was a small red teddy bear sitting on it and it seemed to be saying something.

“Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!” it chanted. “Squeeze me! Squeeze me! Squeeze me!”

Without thinking, I moved my hand up then and did as it said. All of a sudden, a song started playing and I recognized it as: ’Sorry’ by the Jonas Brothers…?

I looked up then and suddenly Joey was standing right next to me with an awkward smile on his face.

“Sorry, um, I couldn’t really find any other song for it to play.” he said then.

I nodded, unsure of what to say exactly. Then my expression turned from confusion to surprise. I couldn’t believe Joey had actually done all this for me. It wasn’t really much, but it was still really sweet.

I didn’t reply back, since I couldn’t really find the words to say and suddenly there was this really long and tense silence between us.

“Um, thanks…a lot,” I finally said. “You know for the teddy and everything. And it’s alright.”

”I really am sorry.” Joey added.

“I know; it’s fine. I forgive you.”

“Alright,” he gave me a sweet smile. “I guess I’ll be going then.”

“Bye.” I whispered.

Joey had turned to leave, when all of a sudden; he just whipped around surprising the both of us.

“Oh, by the way, the guys and I are goin’ out tomorrow, you should come with us. You know, if you want, that is.”

“Oh yeah, sure, that’d be great. When is it?”

“Tomorrow night, I guess.”

“K, thanks for the invite.” I said.

”Alright, well, see ya then.” Joey grinned at me one last time, before walking backwards towards the window and slipping back out it.

Hmm, so that’s how he got in,’ I thought to myself. ‘Smart.

I picked up the cute little bear and brought it back to my bed with me. Once I knew Joey wasn't looking or anything, I brought the sweet little thing up close to my face and kissed it directly on the lips. I hugged it close to me then and soon I started to feel sleep pulling at me again and it wasn't too long before the song had lullabied me back to my slumber again.