Status: :)

Was

-04

Bored didn’t begin to describe how I felt as I lay in bed. It was unbelievably comfy, and I wasn’t tired at all. I knew Gabe was awake still, I had heard the microwave beep and plates clink together.

I eventually decided I’d get up for a glass of water and see what Gabe was doing, but before I left the room, I fixed my pyjamas; a simple tank top and matching silk shorts. I looked at myself in the mirror and fixed my hair as well.

What was I doing? Getting ready for a date? God, Jordan, you’re shallow. Do you honestly think Gabe cares about what you look like?

I left my room with a sigh and walked into the kitchen to find Gabe sitting at the coffee table reading a newspaper.

“Can’t sleep?” he asked without looking up.

“Not really.” I skipped the ‘get water’ plan and decided to sit at the table with Gabe instead. “What section are you reading?”

He looked up when he answered, “Arts and life,” he answered. “Want to play a card game or something?” That surprised me, but I nodded.

We played games like poker and 31 for about an hour and a half until I started yawning uncontrollably. “Time for bed, I think.” Gabe murmured. “Good games, you’re good at poker.”

I smiled. “Learnt from my dad.” God, that seemed like such a long time ago, I was barely 12 or so when I started learning poker and games like it. My dad was good at it, but he never gambled except for his monthly game with a few friends of his. They played with money that was donated to local charities. We were never in need of excess money, and my parents and their friends were avid with donations to local hospitals and such.

“He must be a good teacher.” Gabe said. I smiled and nodded.

We walked to our bedrooms which were down the same hall. Gabe lingered outside my door, and I leaned against the door. I felt butterflies as I looked at him. He looked flustered, and ran a hand through his hair a few times before he spoke.

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow...” it sounded like a question and I laughed and moved closer to him.

I kept thinking Gabe, Gabe, Gabe, as I moved closer. He looked at my lips and licked his a bit, moving closer to me as well.

I closed the distance and kissed him softly, it was like fireworks. Like the world was clapping for me. I’ve wanted this for so long.

Gabe pulled away quickly though, and I sighed, feeling no regret but feeling upset that the light kiss we shared had ended so soon.

“Gabe, I’m sorry—” I was cut off when Gabe grabbed me and pulled me into him, kissing me ferociously. Ferociously seems like the wrong word, it was gentle, but he held nothing back. I gave in as well, thinking about all the times I watched his kissing Melanie and how much I wished it was me.

We kissed and our hands moved towards each other’s bodies; one of my hands on his hip, the other around his neck while one of his hands was pulling me closer by holding my back and the other cupped my face.

I backed into the room, pulling Gabe with me. We tumbled over each other, falling onto the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the short chapter, my ten readers and two subscribers. I just like writing Gabe WAY better than Jordan. Right now, at least...

Want to listen to some gorgeous music? Boy With A Coin - Iron & Wine.