Status: Should I keep or Delete?

The Burn of Life

Kidnapping

“Hello and welcome to the channel 6 news. I’m Shirley Almodovar, here with my co anchor Jordan Terry. Tonight’s top story is about a kidnapping. If you have any children under the age of sixteen in the room please ask them to leave,” the blonde anchor said. “Thank you, for your time.”

“As Shirley said there has been a recent kidnapping in the Silver Springs area. It happened at midday around one o’clock at the Silver Springs Trail. A young girl at only age seventeen was running along the trail like she does every week,” the dark hair Jordan said.

“The family has asked for the teen’s identity to be with held for now, for personal reasons,” Shirley butted in.

“Yes, this poor family has been through a lot these past hours. We were lucky enough to get a small interview with the parents,” Jordan continued. “Let’s go to our field reporter Shelly McLean for the top story.” The scene on the TV changed from two people in the studio to a woman at the trails.

“Hello Shirley and Jordan, yes I’m here at the Silver Springs Trail for the interview. Now the father told me that every time their daughter gets to a place and leaves a place she always calls to tell her parents. The dad also knew that she carries her ipod and cell phone with her as she runs. When the mother notices the daughter didn’t call her to say she was leaving they grew worried. Ken went to their cell phone provider to get a tracker on her phone. When they finally found the phone it was in her car and the car was unlocked,” Shelly said while showing the parking spot the car once was. “The parents knew right then and there something bad happened to their daughter. Right now search parties are searching all over the trails as we speak. They are looking for anything, a shoe, a ring, even a strand of hair. All’s hoping that they find this girl safely. That’s all I have right now but when I find more I’ll be sure to spread the word. Back to you Shirley and Jordan,” Shelly smiled at the camera.

“Wow, Jordan I can’t believe that happened. You hardly hear of a kidnapping around this way. So parents please keep watch of your kids, know where they are at all times right now. And please don’t let your children walk around without someone else, use the buddy system,” requested Shirley.

Jordan nodded his head, “Yes I fully agree with you Shirley. I’m going to make sure my daughters are safe and sound as soon as I get home. On other news a robbery took place at the Wells Fargo Bank yesterday. Over twenty thousand dollars was stolen and the robber is still at large. If you have any information about this robbery please contact the Sheriff’s department right away.”

“It seems that we have been having a busy week with crime rate lately…”Shirley started to say before the TV got turned off.

“Blaze I wish you wouldn’t watch that type of stuff. It’ll only give you nightmares again. Remember that time they announced the murder and you had nightmares for months after that of you being murdered,” My mom said while shaking her head at me.

“I’m sorry ma I just really wanted to know what happened. What would you have done if I was that girl?” I asked in wonder.

“I wouldn’t have a clue what I would have done. My life would be crushed and I would be worried about what was happening to you,” Mom sadly replied. I stood up and gave her one of my bear hugs to try and make her feel a little bit better.

While looking right in her eyes I said, “Mom, don’t worry that would never happen to me.” I sent her one last smile before I walked upstairs to talk to Aiden. When I got to my room I grabbed my Mac book from my desk to lay on my bed. When I opened it I signed in typing my password Afterlife. Then signed onto AIM, I notice that Aiden in fact was online.

“Hey Aiden,” I typed.

“Hey Flame, hru?” he responded.

“I’m ok, just watched the news a few minutes ago. But what about you?”

“Ha-ha I’m good, watching Family Guy to pass the time away.” I smiled when I saw this. Family Guy is one of my favorite shows of all time. I could sit down for hours and not get tired of the show.

“Wow hun, sounds like fun! Want to play 20 Q’s?”

“Sure, What is your favorite color?”

“Red, What is your favorite movie?”

“Boondock Saints! Fav sport?”

“Football, what’s ur favorite animal?” I giggled when I wrote that one down.
“Hmmm maybe a monkey. What’s ur worst nightmare?”

“Well I got to go with being kidnapped or killed. What would you do or how would you react if I was kidnapped?” I was really curious, after watching the news today it’s got me thinking.

“We first off I would try to go to CA to try and find you. I would be pissed at the person and try to hunt him down. But we don’t need to be worried about this. Hey I need to go, ttyl.” With that he signed offline, I wonder what made him sign off so quickly? I wonder if Nate is online?

“Hey Fy!” Nate typed, wow, speak of the devil and he shall come.

“Hey Nate, what’s up?”

“Nothing much, finally got home from work. It was a long day at Barnes and Nobles.”

“Hey Nate, I have a question.”

“Shoot,” he replied.

“Well, if I were to be kidnapped what would you do or how would you react?” I just wonder what he would say.

“That will never happen. But if it does I would be worried about you and hope you would be ok.” Ok, I was not expecting that reaction or answer from him.

“Thanks Nate, I better be going now. I’ve got some things to think of, bye.” With that I signed off. These reactions were not what I was expecting at all from both of them. Blake on the other hand would hunt down the kidnapper and kidnap him then torture him until he released my location. That’s what I loved about Blake, she would always be there for me and I would for her. I learned my lesson from what I did to Kyle, so I would never do that to Blake.

The question though is, if I do get kidnapped and I live through it how would I act when I get home? I know in some cases that the person doesn’t act the same but would I be one of them? Would I be that one person who isn’t affected by it all? Would I be scarred for life mentally and/or physically? All these questions I have, and I’ve got no answers for them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok everyone I would like to thank BurningAlchemist and xxbrittxxx for their comments. Now updates are going to be a little slow. I'm in my senior year of high school, which is hard, and I'm working on college stuff. Tonight I'm going to my SeniorOvernighter, which is basically a huge slumber party with 375 kids. So I'll update again either next Saturday or before that. Keep reading and comments make the world go round!