Status: Should I keep or Delete?

The Burn of Life

Searching

Officer Robert’s POV

“What did you find, Matt?” I asked while I ran into the data room. I found Matt hovering over his computer jumping up and down excitedly.

“I found out that Brian has three houses in the area. So we need to send three search and rescue teams to each of the locations,” Matt finally calmed down to explain. “Blaze has to be in one of the houses, so this is our only chance. Unless the jerk will give us more clues.” I knew Brian wouldn’t give us anything to work on, so the only way around that is to make three teams.

“Ok, meeting room now everyone!” I bellowed throughout the department. As I was walking to the room, first room to the left, I saw everyone walking with me and even some sitting down on the chairs provided. “Now Officer Perry found three most likely hideouts that our suspect could be holding Blaze Andersson. So we need to make three groups to search each location from top to bottom. I’m going to put Perry in charge of communication throughout all the groups so he will be staying here. I want all of you to give Matt all the information you could receive from your locations. Next, I’m going to be in charge of group one, Joe and Zack I want you both to be in charge of the other groups. As for everyone else divide yourselves equally into three groups and give your names to your leaders.”

I walked to stand in a corner, as did Joe and Zack, so it would be easier to organize each other. The first officer walked up to me. “My name is Officer Sabrina Thompson, and I’d like to be apart of your group,” she said as I shook her hand welcoming her aboard. This went on for another ten minutes just greeting my group and getting to know one and another.

“Now that we have our groups, Matt will assign each group an address so we can start our search,” I ordered.

“Ok team one, Rob’s team, will search 1234 Dreary Lane. Team two, Joe’s team, will search 7890 Dusty Rose Road. Finally team three, Zack’s team, will search 2681 Thornbrook Road,” Matt assigns each team an address. Once we get everything together each team leaves in their cars heading to their designated houses.

It only took my team thirty minutes to reach 1234 Dreary Lane. There wasn’t any traffic at all, but that could be because people are working at 11:00. Screeching to a stop in front of a two-story house, it had a gray door and everything about the house was gray. It looked as if a blob of gray threw up all over the house. “Ok team, I want to do this perfectly so everyone pair off into two’s and go threw each and every room. Leave nothing untouched, do you read me?”

“Yes sir!” everyone called out. I grabbed Officer Thompson as my searching partner, and we decided to look in the office room. This room was an utter mess; it had dust piled as high as three inches. Papers were thrown everywhere you could see. We started searching the papers for clues of any sort. What I noticed though about all the papers was that they were all to a different name and none of them Brian’s. Giving Sabrina the rest of the duty of looking at the papers I started to search the desk. The first top right draw had only pencils, pens, paperclips, and other office stuff. The next draw held knives of every size and a gun. Finally the last draw was locked, I looked all over the cluttered desk searching for the key. Coming up empty handed, I went back to the first draw and grabbed two paperclips. After three minute of trying to pick the lock, the satisfying click was heard at last. Inside the locked draw were pictures of Faith, at home, at work, even at school. It looks like the guy has been following her around for months before getting the courage to kidnapping her. Grabbing everything from that draw we both headed back outside to see if anyone found anything.

“Ok did anyone find anything useful to find Blaze?” I asked. Looking around I noticed that everyone shook their heads no. “Well I only found things about Faith, so lets just head back to the station and hope the others found something.”

Buzzing into my earpiece to Matt, “Hey Matt, the 1234 Dreary Lane was a bust. Only thing there was about Faith.”

“Ok, thanks Robert, you’re the first to respond back. Captain wants you guys back,” he responded.

Officer Joe’s POV

After receiving orders of searching 7890 Dusty Rose Road, I gathered my men and we all took off to the address. An hour drive up north, we only hit traffic half way up. The house looked like something you’d see from Desperate House Wives show. Everything about it looked perfect, from the large building to the white picket fence. It looked like the perfect place to hid someone and even murder someone and no one would even suspect a thing. Kicking down the door, our search was started. Two other guys and I walked down to the basement hoping to find some sort of clue. Boxes were everywhere you could see, they were like mountains. Knowing this will take awhile I called for another officer to help us.

Going through all the boxes was a hard job, most only had clothes in them or children’s toys. Once opening another box of clothes I placed it back on the floor then headed towards the back of the basement. Grabbing another box, I noticed this one a little bit heavier then the others. Using my box cutter I opened the box to see photos and papers. The photos were of Blaze, at home, at school, even at work. Pictures of the gate code, phone numbers, every personal thing you could take a picture of. I hit the jackpot here, maybe I could find out where Blaze is.

“What did everyone find in the house that might be useful?” I asked all my men.

“Sir I found the jacket that Blaze was wearing the night of her kidnapping,” a man said, I think his name is Nick.

“Excellent, anyone else?”

“When looking in his office, I was able to find some bills for another house. The funny thing is that it wasn’t one of the houses listed for the search,” a girl said, again I think her name is Amanda.

“Very good, I’m going to report back to Matt then we will all go back to the station to hand over the evidence,” I said while walking back to my car. “Matt, can you hear me?”

“Loud and clear, young grasshopper,” Matt’s voice filled my earpiece.

“Ok well we searched the 7890 Dusty Rose Road, all we found was pictures of Blaze, her jacket, and some bills to another house.”

“Very good, bring them all back to the station. The captain is waiting for everyone,” he replied. My team is now heading back to the station all hoping for the best of the other teams.

Officer Zack’s POV

“Ok team meet me outside in ten minutes,” I ordered my team. I wanted to make sure we plan everything out before going in, just in case. If something happens to my team or to Blaze, I wouldn’t be able to handle that. It must have been ten minutes because the team is gathering around me. “Ok, men, we need to make this a foolproof plan. No one must get hurt at all.”

“Yes Sir!” everyone bellowed back to me, understanding the mission.

“Now, the house we have to search is about a two hour drive tops. When we get to the house I want everyone to pair off into threes, no more no less. After that you have free reign in the house to search, I’m not going to give you orders to a certain room, search freely. Now let’s go now!” I ordered my team while heading to my cruiser, getting ready for the long car ride.

“Matt do you read me?” I asked into my earpiece. I heard some static before he responded.

“Loud and clear. Are you near the house yet?” Matt asked.

“Not yet, we have another forty-five minutes left. Have you heard from any team yet?” I curiously asked.

“Team one rang in saying it was empty, but found pictures of Faith in an office. Team too just rang in to tell me it was also empty but they found pictures of Blaze and also another address.
Once you are finished with this house chief wants everyone to report back to base.”


“Ok thanks Matt, let’s hope for the best,” I ended the call there. I really do hope Blaze is somewhere in this house, I thought.

2681 Thornbrook Road finally was in front of me. It’s a brick house with woods in the back. It looks homey but had a sinister feeling to it, almost like an evil ore surrounds it. We all stepped out of our car and formed five groups of three; we are ready for this. My group includes, a girl named Terry and a guy named Johnny. “Where would you guys like to start?” I asked my group.

“Well I think the most logical place to hid someone would be the basement. So lets look for a door leading there,” Terry recommended.

We looked all downstairs for a door leading to the basement, but there was nothing. We knew that there had to be one because we looked at a floor plan of the house at the base. Next we started knocking on the walls, hoping to hear where a door may be. We started to give up until Johnny found it, a secret door leading to the basement. “Good job Johnny, thank god you found it,” I said while patting his back.

I led the group, with gun and flashlight ready for anything. We look through a movie room, a workshop, even a game room; we found nothing. The last door was to an office; I hope something useful will be in here. I had Terry open the door for us, and when she did the room was super clean, almost like someone has been in there. First I went to the only desk in the room to look through. I knew from experience that the last draw was always the one that held secrets so I picked the lock. Picture upon picture were in there, pictures of both Blaze and Faith, along with another girl. This unknown girl looked young, maybe early teens. She kind of looked like Brian too, maybe sister or even daughter. Calling my group back outside, we went over what anyone found. Another group found shoes of Blaze and another group found some blood, maybe Blaze’s. With all that evidence we gathered we drove back to the base.

“Hey Matt, we finished searching the house,” I told Matt.

“Good Job, did you find anything?” he asked.

“Yeah we found pictures of Blaze, Faith, and another girl. Shoes that belong to Blaze and also a blood sample,” I listed off to Matt.

“Excellent work, come back to base as soon as possible. Everyone is waiting for you’re group.” With that we both stopped talking and team three rushed back to base.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy New Year everyone. To start off the year on a good note, I decided to update. Please tell me how this story is coming along, comments mean another chapter. So far I've prewritten up to chapter 11, so comment and you'll find out what happens to Blaze.
Love you all,
Fiction