Status: active

Impossible

8

Inside, I found that if I closed my eyes I could almost pretend that I was dancing with Chris instead of Rick. He lead me flawlessly across the dance floor so I could close my eyes without missing a single step. I closed my eyes again and pretended I was in Christian's arms, and he was wearing the handsome suit from Kris's party. I pretended he was a better dancer then Rick and I imagined that he had feelings for me besides those of friends and then I thought about running away with him. I wondered if he might have actually wanted to help me run away or if it was just a friendly gesture.
Before I could ponder that thought further I was pulled from my mind by the clearing of a throat. I opened my eyes to find rick smirking down at me. He had a particularly malicious smirk, even when he was trying to be funny.
“Is my dancing that incredible? You appeared as if you were dreaming,” he whispered in my ear. I was, of Christian. His breath was uncomfortable against my neck and I could smell the sweet perfume drifting off of him. Wonderful, he had one of his little toys before our dress rehearsal too. I hated the man, but sometimes I wished he would do just one decent thing since I had to marry him anyway. But no, dicks like him just weren't capable of decency.
I couldn't hold in my sigh as I stormed off. I passed a mirror and couldn't help but admire myself. My wedding dress had an old fashioned corset that made my decent breasts look larger, and the skirt puffed out like a fairy tale princess. Little purple flowers trailed down my side from top to bottom. It really was a beautiful dress.
I stepped into my small dressing room and out of my dress. The rehearsal wasn't over but I didn't much care. I tugged on the sweatpants and tank top I wore to the rehearsal and slid out the back door. You can't really have a rehearsal without a bride, right?
Outside there was a beautiful rose garden with an incredible view of a lake at sunset. It was where we were going to have the ceremony. Its really wonderful how my mother took care to make every aspect of the wedding perfect for me except for the groom.
I took a seat on a bench in a dark corner under a tree and pulled out my cell phone. My contact list is extremely short but the one number that stood out. I pressed the little green button.
“How can I help you, sweetie?” The deep voice filled the phone.
“Could you please send our driver to the 42nd street theater, daddy?”
“Sure thing, sweetheart,” he replied. “Christian?”
“Yes, please.”
“Okay.” He hung up without another word and I was left alone in the garden. Usually I could get another ten minutes before my mom came looking for me so I headed to the front of the building to wait for the car.
It actually only took five minutes for Christian to drive up. I nearly skipped to the car and slammed the passenger door. Chris sat beside me with a smile that matched mine perfectly.
“Where to?” He asked, starting the car. I couldn't go home yet, I didn't want to wait for my parents to get home. I was going to stay out as long as possible while I still had some freedom. My smile grew more as I decided exactly where I wanted to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Join My Contest