With Me Tonight

00

Welsh Jewelers. This was the place my mother had insisted I go if I wanted to buy an engagement ring. "A high class girl like Claire will want a high class engagement ring, Alexander," was the first thing my mom said to me when I brought up the idea of proposing. And now here I was, in a jewelry store that looked like a castle, to buy a ring.

I peered through the large glass cases, inspecting all of the rings. They all seemed to come in different sizes; some were simple, others were extravagant diamond clad bands with rocks the size of my thumbnail smack dead on top. Definitely not in a musician's salary.

"Is there something I can help you with?" a woman with a nametag  that said "Susan" asked, peering down at me from behind the cases.

"I-I'm looking to buy a ring." I managed to stutter, receiving an amused look from "Susan." 
Stupid, I think to myself, I wouldn't be here if I didn't want a ring!

"Not a problem," she chuckles, waving her arms around the case, "We've definitely got those."

I chuckled nervously, scratching the back of my neck as I tried to find a ring that screamed Claire. The clerk obviously noticed I was having trouble.

"You know what," she announced, clapping her hands together, "I have one particular ring set aside that you might be interested in." 

I gave her a skeptical look, but she swiftly unlocked a drawer and had a little blue box in front of me in seconds. I opened the small box and raised an inquisitive eyebrow to the clerk.

"Are you a mindreader?" I asked, "It's fucking perfect."

The band was a simple silver, and the diamond wasn't too too big, nor was it small. It was perfect.

"I've been saving it for a rainy day," she shrugs, "I've been hoping the right guy would come in here and find it perfect. Looks like I did good."

I simply nod, shutting the small box and pulling out my visa from my wallet.

"How much?" I asked.

"6 thousand."

I gulp. Claire's going to be wearing this ring for the rest of her life, I guess I do sort of need to splurge on it. I hand over my credit card and sign where directed, and soon enough I'm leaving the jewelry store with a little blue velvet box in my back pocket.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a preface, thus why it's ridiculously short, but this story is dedicated to my lovely friend Dee :) (aka Daniabee on here!) she's amazing, and this story is for her!