Hanging By A Thread

Chapter 2

That next day at school, after I parked my car, I was checking my bag for my ipod. When I got it out and looked up at the doors to the school I saw Him through the little windows on the doors. I look down because I can feel my face getting hotter. So when I'm at the doors, he opens them for me and I walk by and mumble
"Thanks". After that I can still feel his presence behind me so I put in my headphones, turn on my music, quicken my pace to a fast-walk and head to class. He's just a few steps behind me. Still!. So when Im in my seat I look up at the front of the room, and I see that Mr.John isnt there. Even though I already knew this before I came in I still go through the motion of looking somewhat surprised so nothing comes across as suspiscious or anything.

"What a loser" I hear a little giggle from Stella as she whispers to Honor. It was quiet enough for only Honor to hear but I can read minds remember?
"I know right? She is like the biggest loser I've like ever met" Honor whispers back. I was really tired of hearing theyre stupid little chipmunk voices <at least they match their chipmunk brains> I think to myself, so I tuned them out and focused on my music and book.

I was so preoccupied with my music and book I didn't even see Eric sit down in the seat beside me.
"Hey" he says and gives me a smile that brings back that warm tingly feeling from last night on the phone.
"Uh, h-hi" I smile, silently scolding myself for stuttering again. He just laughs it off and says,
"So I heard that Mr.John isnt going to be at school today and the sub wont be here for another 20 minutes" A smug smile appearing on his face. <How does he know that? I mean I know that because of the fact that I can read minds but-- No! No it cant be!> I think to myself. I can feel my eyes widening and my face getting redder. I quickly look down to hide my face but then I hear it. My nickname being whispered in my ear,
"Kar? Kar???" I hear his voice, and my eyes widen even more because my mom was the only person that ever called me Kar. So how does HE know my nickname? My whole body started to tremble and it felt like there was this huge knot in my throat preventing my from talking.

I slowly looked over my shoulder, my body still trembling, my eyes still wide and say,
"What did you just call me?" my voice trembled as I said it.
"Kar. Its your nickname isnt it?" he asks, another smug smile.
"Yeah but how can you possibly know that? My mom was the only person that ever called me that. And shes dead. So how. Can you know that?" I say. I felt a little deffensive and still scared at the same time. He just shrugs and says,
"I just made that up now" yet another one of his trademark smug smiles. Did I ever tell you how annoying his smug smiles can get? Yeah well they can get VERY annoying.
"That's not possible. No one except my mom has ever called me that!!! Not even Ca--" I stop mid-sentence. I couldnt finish that sentence, I just can't!! I was not about to spill my past to a stranger!!!
"Go on" he urges, smiling.
"No. Its nothing. Nevermind." I say solemnly.
"Okay then" he says and winks at me. UGH! I groan to myself I hated it when guys winked at me. It just came across so sleezy! It wasnt as bad before I moved her because back then I was captain of my schools cheerleading squad and the talk of the school. I hated to admit it but I was a Stella clone to be honest. I wore designer everything, and I would never be caught dead in the baggy hoodie and baggy jeans I always wear now. I couldn't shake the guilt of the fact that the accident was my fault so I gave all my old clothes to charity. It was so hard when I remembered my past at North Coral High. Because it also brought back the memory of that day. And how I should be dead right now. But somehow Im not.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah that's the 2nd chapter =] Hope you like it and I will take any criticism that you may have or suggestions or even just comments xP Thats why I'm here =P